It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Aren't The Jewish Religious texts edited to remove Racist and hate passages?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Meshakhad

Hi Meshakad -

To WHICH Torah are you referring here? The SamPent? (Samaritan Pentateuch) written c. 420 BCE?

The Dead Sea Scrolls Copy of the consonantal Hebrew text written c. 440 CE (underlying the later Greek Septuaginta translated verions (c. 180 BCE) ?

Or perhaps the Dead Sea Scrolls Copy of the Torah (c 350 BCE) reflecting the consonantal Hebrew text used by Aquila's Greek translation (c. 140 CE)?

Or could it be that you are referring to the the Dead Sea Scrolls Copy of the Torah (written c 160 BCE) reflecting the consonantal Hebrew text used by Theodotion's Greek translation (c. 140 CE) ?

Or maybe you are referring to the the Dead Sea Scrolls Copy of the Torah (written c 260 BCE) reflecting the consonantal Hebrew text used by Symmachus Greek translation (c. 130 CE) ?

Are you possibly referring to the consonantal text which was found next to these other versions of the Torah that is known as the protoMasoretic?

Or, (shock and awe !!), do you actually have the nerve to be referring to the VERY late / pointed (vowelled) and mangled version of the Torah penned by the Masoretes in Leningrad Codex of c. 960 CE?

In case you are in the dark about these matters, check out Emanuel Tov's detailed work on the mangled copies of the hand written Torahs in existence since the discovery of the Dead Sea Scroll Material - you might be in for quite a RUDE awakening if you think the text was not grossly manhandled and morphed in form and content over time !!

By Emmanuel Tov, see:
www.emanueltov.info...

For some general Research into the Mess of Mangled Textual Transmission of the Hebrew Scriptures, see:

www.bible-researcher.com...

edit on 17-1-2012 by Sigismundus because: stuttering commmmmmputerrrrr

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I knew an Emmanuel or name like phonetically, gave me slice feeling through the neck once, not sure if I should trust anyone by that name seems to have a few meanings to it and now we are pointed to someone of that name sake who will deny the Bible, I'll trust my instincts on this one, either way I can neither prove it or disprove it maybe my emotions was not in it to do so. Again little patterns say a lot to me.

edit on 17-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join