It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are All The ELENIN Conspiracy Theorists Now?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
@Where Are All The ELENIN Conspiracy Theorists Now?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca473ddde4e8.gif[/atsimg]

1 would imagine observing and evaluating the Earths current activities silly
Take care now.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread

This is for all those Elenin Earthquakes conspiracy theorists, it's time for you to come out of your hiding places and prove your theory to the World or whatever excuse you're going to come up with to clarify your failed theory and predictions.

This is the day where many of you predicted a huge and disastrous catastrophe that would occur somewhere
on this planet, and NASA was covering it up because Leonid didn't exist, and because ELE is an Extinction Level Event and because etc.....

The alignment that you've all been waiting for is here, so it's time for you to deliver your promises.

ELENIN
Elenin NASA
Elenin Alignment
Elenin Obama

You all know yourselves anyway

Don't you see? worrying about things makes them not happen.
You, of all people should be grateful!

-rrr

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

# just happening

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...
edit on 27-9-2011 by LLTKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rozetta
I think the difference between now and three years ago is that we're approaching a lot of dates that have been thrown around as "the end of the world", even by MSM.

You are aware that such people spread the "doomsday dates" since the MIDDLE AGES already.
For centuries (if not millennia) religious fanatics and similar preach the coming of the end times

Anyway..there would be a LOT to write about the psychology of those people and the underlying reasons. But in short form:

1) Power / Emotions / Fear
The "prediction" of a doomsday event and global punishment etc. and the fear mongering is used by religions, cults, groups and single persons as a tool to have POWER over (weak) people.

2) A feeling of GUILT and inability to change the own situation, feeling responsible for "the mess" we are in.....a global catastrophe would be the "just punishment" which subconsciously is actually desired.

It's just easier to (subconsciously) hope that a comet etc. would destroy mankind and bring a change..instead of moving the own butt and start doing something (even on a small scale). So even if it's presented as a "doomsday scenario" and a horrible event w/ death and destruction etc...there is a morbid desire that it should happen and people are in some sick way looking forward to it and hoping it would happen...

3) Pride, stubborness and ignorance which does not allow to change a ONCE-set belief system. Because admitting that something you believed in and defended is wrong, nonsense, etc. is difficult to do. Too much pride because people dont want to be wrong

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I think its fear related as well as change wanted related. Some may view things like celestials as new ages or beginnings signals and not even see any doom at all. For who knows what gifts may ride in on these celestials. it seems more like some wish to degrade those who evaluate cosmic and Terra changes with debunking ect and gaming. I observed many ELENIN threads lol THIS IS ONE OF THEM TOO SMH! (be real about it) ANYWAY.... I have observed many members do their best to bring forth data not to install doom and gloom but to alert their species of potential dangers. Because deep down any prediction coming thru will be devastating to the predictor due to them actually seeing the danger occur, so its not like a HEY I TOLD YOU SO FOR ALL MAYBE SOME BUT MANY CARRY GENUINE COMPASSION FOR INHABITANTS HERE AND ONLY WISHED TO SHARE. again THIS IS AN elenin THREAD TOO AND IT MADE THE op SOME SnFs OFF THE NAME again SO ITS REALLY IRONIC BUT HEY what can I say.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think they all beamed aboard Elenin for a one way trip to Heaven.

As for me, it's a beautifully warm afternoon. I'm going to watch the sky for Elenin doom, just in case,
crack open a beer, and enjoy the rest of my event-less day.
edit on 9/27/2011 by CapnSnazz because: add on

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CapnSnazz

Now now no need to beam when they can jump/phase once they "remember" how well they are equipped for this lil universe.. Jumping/phasing

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I think it's a good time to post this video again for all the people who believed and pushed Elenin doom on the board.

A look at some of the flawed thinking that prompts people who believe in certain non-scientific concepts to advise others who don't to be more open-minded.

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
First off, I'd like point out that there are a couple of these threads floating around already which serve no purpose other than to try to bash/ridicule members. Not to mention they reside in the 2012 forum(??) but dont actually contribute anything of value to the ATS community other than to say "HAHA I told you so", "I was right". Funny how things work isn't it? You don't really care where they are all you want is to gloat and ridicule. Well here you go:

If it makes your day, yes I believed something might happen. I say might because it's not like I sold my belongings and what not but I'm not ashamed at all to say I believed something could happen and followed it great interest.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jaijlee

Interesting post. I suppose that I might be someone unnamed by your post.

My feeling, and I say this without evidence, is that the problem is video learning. Videos are passive. There is no active effort by the person to learn. Any material placed int he video is absorbed passively. Learning should be active in which the material is challenged along the way. When reading people can and do flip back and forth through the material checking statements within that text. That does not happen with videos.

My opinion is that videos lead to close minded thinking in a hurry.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What the heck is that on LASCO C3? Upper right of the sun. Looking like the "winged destroyer" pictures we have all seen, that I thought were nonsense...

LASCO C3

You can also see it on the LASCO C2.

LASCO C2

I hope it is something simple like Saturn. I am not an astronomer, so don't make fun of me!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reverse opsy
edit on 9/27/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

Now is a great time to go back and see what went wrong. Is there a point where a mistake was made or maybe more importantly is there a point where you could have checked an issue to see if it was correct?

I rely on good information from people like XCalibur254 and others to direct me to improve my understanding of issues. There are a lot of posters here with good info to learn from.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Actually Elenin does not die off *per se* until after October 28th. Nibiru on the other hand will continue to be discussed (or actually more likely argued about) until after December 21st 2012.

September 26th got so much attention because that was when the next *alignment* was to occur. The Elenin Alignment theorists (if they can really be called that) believed that every alignment between the Earth, Elenin and some other celestial body resulted in a strong earthquake. To date, however, there is no correlation between the two events (alignments and earthquakes).

As myself and many others have pointed out:

1. There are no actual alignments, where within a 3-dimensional area of space, multiple bodies align. They may align in a 2-dimensional area (as viewed in the JPL from a top-down or bottom-up perspective) but since they are in a 3-dimensional area, Elenin is usually above/below the "Plane of the Ecliptic" with relation to the Earth and the Sun.

2. The number, strength and frequency of earthquakes detected has not increased. Nor are the locations of the earthquakes exotic. Our ability to detect, localize and track earthquakes has improved as our instruments have become increasingly more sensitive and as we have installed (and continue to install) more listening devices.

-saige-

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

It's a planet. The line through the planet is due to the planet overwhelming the sensors in the camera. There is a part of the website you referenced where they explain these issues.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

It's a planet. The line through the planet is due to the planet overwhelming the sensors in the camera. There is a part of the website you referenced where they explain these issues.

Thanks for your reply...I had just figured that out. I searched and found this: sci.esa.int... which clearly has images just like that one labeled as planets.

Time to take off the tinfoil hat...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
eoimages.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Today Nasa says:

"Auroras are a spectacular sign that our planet is electrically and magnetically connected to the Sun. These light shows are provoked by energy from the Sun and fueled by electrically charged particles trapped in Earth’s magnetic field, or magnetosphere. In this case, the space around Earth was stirred up by an explosion of hot, ionized gas from the Sun—a coronal mass ejection—that left the Sun on September 14, 2011."

I think it was the 24th and not the 14th.

And when a comet nearly transits the sun. Another staggering coincidence? Probably.

This looks like an endorsement of the Electric Universe theory to me.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

edit: k i no longer believe that circle is elenin. But why does it keep appearing year after year as a circle like that? That's a crappy satellite image if you ask me... which is what started all the speculation
edit2: makes you wonder what is out there in the good ol pleiades though!

edit on 9/27/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/27/2011 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I don't think asking those who believed Elenin was anything other than an insignificant comet to "repent" is productive.

But it would be nice if a lesson were learned. That to believe the hue and cry plastered across the internet and to ignore the rational arguments against it may not be a good position into which one should place one's self.

Some people have made some money (not much). Some people have been terrified about what they thought would be. So far no one has killed themselves (that we know of) this time.

reminds me of the old story of the "boy that cried wolf". The boy cried wolf so many times when it didn't exist that when the real wolf came no one listened, and they were all eaten.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Time to take off the tinfoil hat? You asked a good question and you found the answer. I say

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join