It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Are All The ELENIN Conspiracy Theorists Now?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbread

The folks that thought doom was here have been. . .
wait for it. . . . .
wait for it. . . . . . . . .

Eleninated!

ta-da!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Actually, I think OP is right... in a certain way.
Even this website is called ATS, is ONE thing to PRESUME that something MIGHT happen and a completely different thing to put a thread like "Something Big is going to happen on September 27!!!" or any other day.
English isn't my native language but even I can see a big difference between "it might happen" and "it will happen".

I love conspiracies myself and I am the first to admit that I like that certain feeling when reading something interesting which MIGHT lead to something bigger, but I also have to say that threads like "We're going to die tomorrow! Sell your stuff and enjoy your last 24 hours!" are just making me smile, having, in the same time, serious doubts about the maturity of the author(s).

But we're only human beings, nobody is perfect.

However, it would be nice to have a little explanation from a "we're gonna die" thread author...

Peace...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
HOT DAMN>> Time to be held accountable and not make any freaking excuses. You elentards need to grow some gonads and admit you were wrong and not back pedal or dance around the issue like you are currently doing. SURPRISE who didn't see this coming? LOL

Their needs to be some accountability had for those who fear monger with no real science or facts to back them up.

As far as im concerned everyone who makes these predictions needs to be flagged and if they dont come to pass they get two more strikes and maybe get a temp ban from ATS.. I would love to see this happen.

IF you dont have real science, facts, or evidence to back your claims up and only use you-tube for evidence you need to be held accountable for it..
Enough with the damn excuses eleintards admit you were wrong and think twice before you fear monger again.

ATS MOTTO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DENY IGNORANCE, NOT EMBRACE IGNORANCE!!!!

The elenin crap was based on pure ignorance by those with little knowledge of science, physics or astronomy.
The definition of Ignorance.

But no, no one will admit they are wrong they will make excuses and wait for the next insignificant thing to blow way way out of proportion.

You know why Phage is so popular up here? Cause the guy has above basic understanding of astronomy and physics and uses common sense and proven science to debunk bull crap. And he is called a dis-info agent for it etc. God bless the man.

BTW to the guy earlier in the thread that asked would we apologize if we were wrong about it? Hell yeah ill apologize are you going to??? Ill make sure to get up here and post a apology before the world gets destroyed.

Ill be waiting for yours by the end of the day..

edit on 27-9-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by shansen
However, it would be nice to have a little explanation from a "we're gonna die" thread author...
Peace...

Don't hold your breath. These people have no integrity whatsoever. Zero accountability! I blame the parents for not reading them 'Chicken Little' and 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'. Really simple stories that even children can understand.... sadly not for them though.

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by shansen
Peace...

Don't hold your breath. These people have no integrity whatsoever. Zero accountability! I blame the parents for not reading them 'Chicken Little' and 'The Boy Who Cried Wolf'. Really simple stories that even children can understand.... sadly not for them though.

IRM

A.....MEN, brother. 3 years ago, I loved this site. It has slowly eroded to a bunch of people regurgitating the same crap, and simply coming up with a catchier, more sensational headline. Sad, really. Maybe if ATS did away with the star and flag system, it would curtail some of the sensationalist nonsense. But instead, every day, there's a new thread about some impending disaster or doom...that NEVER will happen as predicted.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gando702

Yes its getting to the point were ATS needs to do two things..

Change its motto to Embrace Ignorance and its domain name to doomNgloom.org
edit on 27-9-2011 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ELEnin? That was just a NASA PsyOp to prepare us for YU55.

Geez, get with the program. ELEnin? That's so 5 minutes ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by boony
What a bunch of Tossers
I am on a conspiracy site reading about what may or may not happen.
Weather true or not Elenin did deserve the interest it garnered and deserved the active response of anybody who had concerns.
If the OP's attitude to people and their respective theories becomes a standard here, well then this place will turn to crap.
Please feel free to bring any old interesting item to my attention. Indeed I may laugh and dismiss you outright as a nutter, or alternately I may theorise and speculate and even act upon your message.
Either my laughter or actions at your opinion is a reaction and I for one am grateful for your opinion, and even grateful of your concern enough for me, to post your opinion/warning on this forum.

To the original Poster of this thread. Arrogance and haughtiness isn't a good look.

You are darn right!

Posts like

i am here !!.....watch the movie Melancholia and then you talk , ok?.....otherwise i must ask you ..did you bullzhit last week??, or did you try to bullzhit last week?, you comicus!!.....hey i saw with my own eyes (binoculars) on 25-09-2011 at 19.30 PM in front of the sun the aliniament of at least 2 planets, and one that note supposed to be there mayebe was elenin or nibiru or nemesis ,or a space station i don`t know yet but soon we will .!!!!!!!

are really what makes the quality of this site..and i have to say they also look really, really good, well formulated and have a SOLID base to stand on. Makes for hours of endless and constructive debate.

I am quite sure that the quality of such a post (and similar others) will certainly satisfy you

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Gando702

There does appear to be more of a fearmonger mentality on ATS now than there was 4 years ago for sure. I really do believe it's an education issue and to some degree, a mental health issue also. I simply cannot see how a mature, educated person of sound mind would ever come to these assumptions and behave in such a fantasy prone/paranoid manner. The thing with mental health issues is that the rationalisation/validation process is subject to the same mental illness as their initial behaviours are.. ergo crazy people don't know they're crazy.

I think all these doomsayer threads should go straight to The Grey Area, and a date should be set in stone by management for the Elenin doomsday scenarios to either come to fruition, or they go straight into the HOAX bin where they belong. After that date, any further threads that are created get closed like staff have done with Galactic Federation of Light threads.

IRM

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I think that the "doom and gloom" threads are capturing the psyche of a people battered by a terrible global economy, an increasingly corrupt leadership, and an increase in natural disasters.

In other words, people are looking for things to believe in. Often, those things take the form of "we're all gonna die!!!!111!!" because that would mean all of the bad stuff that's been happening has a meaning and purpose. That gives the believer pseudo control over the events that are happening around them.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
But...but...but...teh Yoo Toobs said teh comet was to make earth extinct!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Yes I agree with you both to a certain degree but also remember that this is all subjective and mostly about perspective. What might sound reasonable or at least not totally outlandish to you might sound down right absurd to me. I tend to agree that some people might be here for the wrong reasons and forget that the point is to discuss these topics not shut them down. However on the flip side of the coin is when people state facts and certainties that are not at all facts or certainties and that is enough to get most debunkers to pound them into submission on that basis regardless of the merit of the thread/post.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I have lurked this site for well over 12 months now and have learned a lot from a select few members. However, the majority of members seem to be conspiracy theorists who jump at the chance of debunking ANYTHING that is posted as FACT. Or they relentlessly peruse their own opinion on what might be fact or fiction, more often than not providing nothing to support their claim.
Now, I will not bother providing links to such claims as everyone here knows that what I'm saying is fact, though I'm sure I will get slaughtered by default as I am new and need to conform to the general members way of thinking. But I will provide you with one fact:

I am a rational human being. I was conceived, I was therefore born, and I grew into the 38 year old man I am and make my own decisions on observations I see FOR MYSELF and from CREDIBLE sources. I do not rely on say so information, I do not go to church, I do not belong to any religious or fanatical organization. I live, therefore I breathe, therefore I eat, therefore I # etc... Simple as that.

If I look at the sky and see a fireball raining hell down on earth then, YES, you ELENIN believers just may convert me shortly. But given ALL facts presented, you will probably go hide in your bunkers for the rest of the term of your natural life for fear of being ridiculed.

ELENIN, 9/11 (11/9 where I live), NIBIRU, GOD.......blah blah balh...... If you believers can come back and tell me AFTER the event of death that you were right, I will admit defeat.

Until then..........PEACE TO YOU ALL.

In reference to the ELENIN "theory", and all of the debates that has become of it, you believers are no better than die hard Christians or (insert any religion here)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Should probably wait until the new moon passes before sounding the all clear. The experiment is not yet complete.

A non-event is a good thing and no reason to be upset or disappointed. Those who anticipated the event and those that did not have no reason to apologize.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think the difference between now and three years ago is that we're approaching a lot of dates that have been thrown around as "the end of the world", even by MSM. People are using the fact that these dates are somewhat general knowledge (Dec 21st 2012, Oct. 28th 2011, etc.) in conjunction with either semi-plausible events (general unrest in much of the world leading to NWO/Bluebeam/etc., total annihilation by something extra-terrestrial, etc) and an off interpretation of "ancient prophecies" such as in old literature or mythology. It's much easier for the layman to fabricate off-the-cuff predictions when all the "facts" are presented on a silver platter.

Expect to see a lot more in the coming year (and a bit).

I, for one, find these entertaining. I quite often start my day in Skunkworks

edit on 27/9/2011 by rozetta because: Last line added

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wait I am confused?! What days was the alignment on again? The 26th 27th or the 28th...I looked at the JPL and the closest that I have seen was on the 26th at least looking at in the x and y axis but nothing seems to actaully line up with the z axis along with the x and y..space is at least 3 dimensional right..maybe even 4.

I guess I am not sure what warrants an alignment..I would think all planes would need to line up....????

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Well it WAS only a theory.

Theories are not put forward as facts.

This reads like an excuse from a gaffe for a politician (I misspoke).
The people that post page after page of doom almost never call it a theory but then again where would ATS be without its "doomers" and there defenders.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

hotbread, my apologies - I started a similar thread without seeing yours...yours suffices - in any case, I am dressed up and looking good today - my mom always said to look your best before an ELE.

CJ

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

The 27th ain't over yet on the eastern seaboard...
@ midnite we can whip the horses eye's
edit on 9/27/2011 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thank god elenin finally dies off this month and maybe those reading this thread arguing for the doomngloom ought to try dealing with the real doomngloom that is happening in reality. Your government is corrupt, it's been taken over by wall street bankers who are rolling out tyranny right in your own backyard. What is it going to take to get your fat butts off the couches and out of the chairs to defending your country and right to be free? Elenin didn't come, 2012 is only a year, it'll be a hell of a year if you get of your @$$ and do something to change this world. Maybe that's the event the mayans are talking about, when you finally get it through your thick skulls that there are terrestrial things to worry about more than fictional make belief irrational trash.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join