It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lil video disproving all 911 conspiracies by PENN and TELLER

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

old video. and yeah, both penn & teller are arseholes. bill hicks would call them "corporate #ing shills".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

you, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. thousands pf pints for you!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonTattooz
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Personally, I don't think our gov't carried out the attacks. I do, however, believe that they knew about it and let it happen in order to install the unPatriot Act, create the DHS and to clamp down on our society. How much money have the DoD contractors sucked out of the American economy since these sturpid wars were started? TRILLIONS! TRILLIONS! TRILLIONS! It is absolutely criminal.

One question- How was the unPatriot Act written so quickly? I contend that it was already written and just waiting for the right time to push it through. Do you have any idea how absolutely unconstitutional the unPatriot Act is? ANY congressman who voted for it should be tried as a traitor. Period. Bush should he tried as a traitor for signing it. Period.

There is no way that this is all just a bad coincidence. No way.
edit on 26-9-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

Of course it was written and ready for such an event.. I'm not sure anyone would even bother to deny that. The "Project for a New American Century" and their document "Rebuilding America's Defenses" makes it clear that there are always right-winged maniacs who'll capitalize on any opportunity to craft the world in their vision. You don't even need an organized NWO to have the effects of one through independent actions taken by powerful individuals and groups. The fact that so many of them share similar views makes them a serious force even without cooperation.

The ironic things to me is how many people demonize these guys as if they are intentionally doing evil. For the most part these guys want the same things the rest of us want.. but they want to get to that peaceful stability without compromising their greedy capitalist ways... so instead of ruining the Earth less, or helping the sick and poor, or investing in technologies to make our societies sustainable with increased population they choose the simpler routes of population control, thought control, etc...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Especially with Wikileaks?

lol?
lol.

yeah, "wikileaks" is you "new" government. rofl. you sheeple.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elg3cko

here is a another view on nano thermite.

www.debunking911.com...

pretty interesting with many vids.

the thing is, was it built into the towers? lots of people would have come forward saying, "ya, we had to put some stuff inside the beams but we didn't know what it was but had to do it right"

no way it was all done later.

when was nano thermite invented?

how many floors they need to put it on to bring it down like that?

i've seen many demolitions of buildings and they were very prepared buildings. watch some utube.

nothing in them, beams cut, certain timing sequence of firing of explosives, etc, and they still didn't come down like the towers.

i watched both pancake.

shear luck they fell like that and shear luck they pulled it off.

perfect storm.

maybe if we had an eye witness in the center of the conflagration it would settle the whole thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I didn't have time to go through all the pages, so I'm not sure if anyone has said this or not. But this video is a complete joke.

"Expert 1"- Jody Dean: Chair of the department of Political Science at Hope Art and Williams College? (I don't mean to nitpick, but what kind of credential is that?)

First off- she begins by offering an explanation on the psychological "need" inherent to people who believe in conspiracy theories. Last time I checked political scientists aren't qualified to comment on the rational behind a population's belief system. Leave that to a sociologist.

Secondly she says "This mistrust of an official explanation motivates them [conspiracy theorists] to go looking further. Then they want to keep going and going until they find what could be a more convincing explanation." So, are we to accept everything the government tells us as pure fact? Furthermore, isn't it the entire basis of the scientific method to continue to ask questions until you find an explanation that is 'convincing'?

"Expert 2"- Dan Daily: Retired Fire Chief from the NYFD.

No disrespect to Mr. Daily, but just because you were present on the day the towers collapse doesn't mean you are an expert on anything scientific related to the events. This is a logical fallacy called Appeal to Emotion. They start out by saying he lost 50 friends at ground zero, they say this to gain sympathy for him and use that to try to certify him as an expert.

The experts they bring in for the 'truther' side have clearly been hand picked. Its similar to what they did on Hannity and Colmes back when that show was around. They found people who were not very attractive and not very well spoken so as to make the truther side seem as crazy as possible. They also show that little blurb of the one guy putting on a jump suit and making some whacky statement and doing a goofy salute to further paint him as bat # crazy. Again, this was just designed to undermine any credibility gained from him.

Lastly, the only "fact" the entire video leaves is something to the tune of "the fires were so hot it melted to steel, blah blah blah." This single debate has been rehashed so many times, anyone on this site would be crazy not to realize the jet fuel doesn't burn hot enough for what the steel in the trade centers were certified for. Not to mention the countless examples of other steel framed skyscrapers that have burned for much longer periods of time.

Overall, this video didn't really present any new claims from either side. It simply tried to use "experts" for the OS side and contrast them to a couple people who shouldn't have been representing the truther side. However, the video will do a good job to make fans of penn and teller not want to investigate the issue further for fear of being considered, and I quote "#ing crazy" by these two gentlemen.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rineocerous
Of course it was written and ready for such an event.. I'm not sure anyone would even bother to deny that. The "Project for a New American Century" and their document "Rebuilding America's Defenses" makes it clear that there are always right-winged maniacs

SCREEEECH!! (brakes put on rant)

"Right-wing" ...

Obama must also be right-wing? He's kept the patriot act, and supports the expansion of the criminal TSA to widen the reach of their molestation of our bodies and rights.

Wake up and realize that the puppeteers who control all of this are not right-wing or left-wing. And by continuing that false dichotomy, their red vs blue partisan war, you play right into their hands and do their bidding. As long as the populace is divided, we will never rise against those who truly oppress us.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
4reply to post by Chesster

Ive kept up with ATS for a while but just joined righy now cuz this post is just sad. This clearly does not debunk all theories. Stick to facts: The attacks were political (and religiously) based. "The WORLD TRADE CENTER" was attacked for what the name it took. It was the WORLD TRADE CENTER: Point: 1st vs. 3rd World. Soldiers said it themselves "its like going back in time" in Afghanistan. Point is if al quida could figure out this plan , US govt def had a great chance of knowing before 9/11and we did. So what happened? We used al quidas plot "for the greater good" to invade iraqis oil fields for something much larger than al quida (NWO) All while justifying its actions by declaring a War On Terrorism. 1st of All Its impossible to stop terrorism. 2nd look at all the evidence that concludes the Inside Job theory insteAd of showing ppl these two clowns that prove nothing. 3rd pls respond with something factual not opinionated.

-Rehab

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Dude, why would they go to Egypt?

Havent you heard what your TV god has told you? In their words, they were pretty clear why "actually" they went to Iraq/Afghanistan

You are clearly defeding something you don't understand

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Yeah, it was pure magic the 3 towers came down....
I rather listen to 1500+ architects than a couple of magicians.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I do not understand how people can believe still what the media is saying. It is easy, just google everything. The point of melting of metal and titanium. The physics laws behind a very tall building like WTC 1 & 2, the point where the planes crashed and the time it took for it to collapsed.

Seriously, if you take in a supermarket a can that is close to teh top of a tower of cans, you will see that it might not move the tower or it will move it slightly. If you atek teh can from the bottom the whole thing collapsed in a quite organised way.

Why would a building that was not touch like WTC 7 collapsed?

The reports of WTV 7 before it collapsed: "It has collapsed"

Bush even joking about "He say a plane on TV, that is one terrible pilot! (LOL part????)

Complete vertical collapsing of the WTC 2:

Explotions:

9/11 witnesses dissapeared:

Other remarks:

There are other videos dude, just search for it. There was also a anti-terrorist organization having training that day.
There is also the pentagon. How come a huge ass plane only made a hole that small? How come the crash in Pensylvannia only left small debris everywhere? How come there was no sight of the plane by the pentagon?
Have you search yet what is the melting point of titanium? The engines of a plane?

edit on 26-9-2011 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
this is a clear video to all the questions you want answered OP. Please listen wisely, not ignorantly.
www.youtube.com...

P.S. sorry i didnt know how to embed.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

First off I am sorry if im repeating something someone already said I only had time to read to page 7.

Ok my first point I would like to make is someone said penn and teller were unbiased. From what I have seen nothing could be further from the truth. They are against organic food, against vaccinations, and pro OS. Even Jon Stewart on the daily show called them right wing.

My second point is you were constantly asking for credible information so I'm going to give you some and it isnt spare change or something like that it is a video of a Dr eloquently stating all the inconsistencies in the OS..www.youtube.com... thats a link to a youtibe video of one of his talks. Its called debunking debunking lets get empirical and is all about the facts I hope you enjoy it is somewhat long however when you want facts you dont usually get them in 9 minutes. If you dont think a video is good you can check out one of his 2 books I believe or just kick the nice doctor down a flight of stairs.

Third like someone already said explain building #7. Because that penn and teller video did not. The fire inspector said 10 000 gallons of jet fuel and hydrocarbon combustibles took the building out totally ignoring that building #7 was never hit by a plane. Building #7 is pretty much the biggest piece of evidence against the official story and is frequently ignored or avoided as a topic by people that support the OS.

I could go on to other evidence and maybe I will but check out Dr Steven Ray Griffin you wont get better evidence. He also puts it together in a professional way with no cursing or angry rants. Another link I would like to put up is this en.wikipedia.org... I know its a wiki page it was all I could find quickly however it shows how the States has planned various false lflag operations since the 60s worth looking into.

In summation I am sorry I do not debate like an american for i am canadian. When I signed up to this website I found tonight (which is very good by the way) .It said it was an international website so I think its ok to debate like a canadian. Also your policies very much affect us here and it does annoy me because weed would be legal here if were not for you guys. We tried to decriminalize it some years back and there was uproar from american politicians who put political pressure on canada to deny the new decriminalization. Anyway my point is that I watch whats happening there closely and from a somewhat objective point of view and feel that there is a conspiracy. Anyway I dont want to butt heads but seriously check out Dr Steven Ray Griffin his talk is well thought out and maybe the information you are looking for.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
All this episode did really was ruining Penn & Teller's image for me after being a long time big big BIG fan. Compare this episode with the recycling episode and you will know what I am talking about.

1- They didn't make a whole episode about the topic. Instead, they mixed it with a bunch of other loony conspiracy theories to give you the impression that all of these belong together. But, no - 911 is something and every other conspiracy theory is something else. 911 has the strongest hard evidence ever in any conspiracy theory in recorded history.

2- As a result of the previous point, they did not make a list of all the arguments presented by the various theorists just as they did with the recycling episode which I urge you all to watch right now to see how they completely changed their approach. Where are Penn & Teller who always scream about evidence and science? The reason they didn't examine the evidence is that they KNOW that if they closely examine the theory it will be obvious as the sun. But they just went a head and started calling people assholes and mother#ers.

3- Listen @ 1:50 - Penn says: If anybody knows 911 was a conspiracy it's this guy: a retired fire chief. Really? We will trust a fireman and ignore all the other engineers and scientists just because he lost some friends in 911? and listen to how Penn is lowering his voice in a sympathetic way to make you feel bad for the guy? Sorry Penn... we have nothing but respect for the guy who lost his friends, but, sympathy is something and logic and reason is something else. And you, among all people know better than to mix those together.

Penn & Teller lost a lot of credibility just because of this episode, and sadly, many people fell for it... the OP being one good example.

Penn & Teller: Bullsh!t - is BULLSHI!T
edit on 26-9-2011 by TheAlmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Alternator

Wow 1500 architects in a world with millions huh.... heck 1500 sounds about right. Let me know if you get a substantial amount, there are more people at UFO conferences...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

debunking911
ya thats the pro government story official believers, i remember the neocon hotair site always spammed her site with that debunking911 site.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Wow 1500 architects in a world with millions hu

there are other architects in other countries that dont agree with the official story neither does my family member who worked as a building Demolition person back in the 90s.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The point is I assume there are millions of architects, and only 1500 and some scattered about... what about architects that went to ivy league schools, why aren't the employed architects speaking out...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
you cant disprove these threads with that old Penn and Teller video.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's so easy to shut the 911 community up
Just make some experiments that proves the 911 community wrong. Set a steel frame structure on fire and see what happens for example.
Or release one tape from Pentagon that show clearly what hit the building.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

I'd also like to add that MythBusters, the show that is pure science, won't touch the subject and they banned it on their website as it's a "sensitive topic". MythBusters made an episode on the moon landing so it's not that they ignore conspiracy theories, and if they do, 911 is a very important subject that cannot be ignored. Of course the episode with the moon landing was full of lies. Those who watched WhiteJarrah videos know that they're a bunch of liars along with Penn & Teller.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join