It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lil video disproving all 911 conspiracies by PENN and TELLER

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
so we are up to page 15 and the OP has done exactly what the video he posted had done, he completely ignored the answer that I gave him about how many need to be involved in a conspiracy and went off arguing non events

no disagreeing about my claim as it made sense and wouldnt suit his egenda .

edit on 26-9-2011 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

What is my agenda? I am just here to communicate in a peaceful forum and helpo my fellow human in the search for the truth.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I remember my friend showing me a penn and teller episode where they debunk Ingo swann and his remote viewing experiments. They went out their way and tried to show that it doesnt work and the people that claim it works are hoaxsters !

However they didnt provide any evidence of the actual CIA programs , or ingo swann working for the CIA . the show was just one sided , and the people they interviewed were being asked really worded questions which they were basically being set up on , and they were being extremely condesending.

They didnt even look at the evdidence for remote viewing , they just tried to make it look like a bunch of crazy people claiming to see things .

Im sorry but they are not good researchers , and in my opinion are quite biased!
maybe they are paid disinfo agents !

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

disinfo agents is a myth sir... they are not paid.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
WOW, Penn and Teller are actually helping the Truth Movement by making it look like Official Story believers are not interested in empirical data but only in insulting those who have different beliefs.

It's a big shame as there are some of the official story believers who do try to use empirical data and they are the ones who the Truthers need to continue to respect and continue debate with.

I had already lost respect for Penn and Teller after their Pro Vaccine video which was full of lies and assumptions, but now they're down in the gutter. They could have at least tried to put their argument forward in a scientific manner

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I cant believe this terrible thread about a ridiculous video by two magicians (professional fakers) is 15 pages long!!!

15 pages about one of the worst videos i've seen on 9/11. totally useless video... rather sad state of affairs that os'ers have resorted to this as proof

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

1500+ architects or a p&t video. C'mon!? Architects... or 2 magicians.

Architects sounds more credible to me, they show me some scientific evidence, skinny and fat only tell me it's BS.
What do you think about building 7? Fire? lol

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chesster
reply to post by sapien82

disinfo agents is a myth sir... they are not paid.

But can you prove that there is no such thing as disinfo agents or that Penn & Teller are not bought and paid for?

(i think not)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
hmm 1500 unemployed architects, where did they get there degrees from and why do only 1500 architects out of millions agree on physics, heck ATS has more members!

1500 is nothing it's probably the people who do not even design hi rise, my point is not p&t is better, it was just a video that gave some evidence...

1500 architects is a joke, think about it world wide there are more, and i doubt 1500 architects know any more than we do an event like that has never happened before, how come our enemies like North Korea or CHina, or Russia hasn't blackmailed us to give the trillions to not release info, think about it intelligence agencies would know from just spying on us...

or them, or whoever

so obviously no conspiracy because the people who it would benefit to expose it haven't....

it's only fringe elements made up of the very young, who want to believe the world is controlled since they can't do much just yet... the very poor who want to believe there is an opressive system and a conspiracy in place that keeps them down... and the very uneducated who get sucked by Alex Jones to buy Gold, buy seeds in case the world ends, and to buy into these theories...

most likely, the simplest explanation is the most likely.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

reply to post by LeTan

Right cause the CIA controls the media and even some comedians who are known to produce a great unbiased show..

Seems like truthers always want to cowar behind a facade of knowing who is telling the truth and who is a controlled brainwash zombie...

Besides you know comedian do tell the truth also, like being a comedian is a very intellectual profession. Wit is the top sign of intellect...
Anyhow, they present experts and witnesses... so it's not like them, unless you believe everyone on TV the millions of people literally on TV are controlled?

heh, not sure what planet you live in, but here on Earth, govs dont control us that much, and freedom of speech has allowed anyone on TV to discuss whatever..

But anyhow, the only real experts I have heard with the CON MAN ALEX JONES, and Charlie Sheen... I think Penn and Teller are a little bit more honest than either of those two.

This quote just oozes dis info agent, and again " You truthers" please will you annoying people who try to push this stuff in our faces stop calling us "truthers" this word probably didn't even exist about 3 months ago so why start using it now and with all your friends that seem to be posting the exact same threads about the same topic:9/11 nobody posted a thing then all of a sudden tons of posters come out of nowhere with comments like "you truthers" "i was once a truther"

With this post you pretty much just bashed and trolled the whole of ATS...well done
I guess thats what your paid for.
edit on 26/9/11 by Detrucci because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
15 pages 16 flags, it pretty much sums up the success of the thread.
Hey chesstroll why dont you try something real for a change?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Well disinfo agents to not exists and see both our burdens are the exact same when it comes to proving anything about people we do not know, i would say well done in proving my point. See how truthers are folks, common now, you used some logically flawed tactic there, you claim they are disinfo agents, and i cannot prove they are not.... umm, you still haven't proved that they are, and according to everyone on this thread they are illusionists and comedians.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Chesster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Uninformed? What's uninformed is linking a video to a comical (well at least that's what i've always thought of the show) documentary that brings humour to what should be serious investigations with intelligent analysis.
What i saw in that video, which didn't surprise me at all - coming from them, was the same sort of material i see in all their videos. Very bias, leading towards a certain viewpoint that they agree with. Sort of like michael moore, and his "bowling for columbine" documentary. Notice how there wasn't much research into the advantages of keeping guns around? Not saying that i condone that sort of system, rather - open mindedness is key here, and it's what i try and tell everyone, rather than telling them what to believe.

If we want to start talking about "eyewitness" accounts, there are hundreds of accounts of "detonation" sounds from the streets surrounding the buildings. These sounds were heard by the average joe who knows next to nothing about how a building implodes. These accounts were picked up by news reporters on the streets surrounding the time of the collapse, so you can't say they've had time to "chop and change" what they actually heard, seeing they were still in shock.
It's like falling off a tree and breaking your arm. You tend to have more of a realistic view of what happened around the time of the accident rather than a few hours later.

I read an article recently that analysed a lot of NIST's answers to what happened on that day, and they were quite intriguing and logical. I didn't save it on my computer, however i was just about to look it up, when i realised there is actually absolutely no way of getting through to some people. I could waste my time looking it up only to have you completely refuse or dismiss what it has to say - maybe even insult my comment like you did to a few other posts here.

Rather than basing your side of the argument on a segment of a popular tv show (that's all you've provided, really), try to do a bit of your own research and make up your mind based on the thousands of articles and expert accounts that exist out there.
It's as if you've just watched mythbusters, and you've gone on the attack at "truthers" (if you want to give them such a name with negative connotations).

"Lil video disproving all 911 conspiracies by PENN and TELLER"
Really? All conspiracies? I hardly think they could fit even a small amount of what's out there in a half an hour time slot, or whatever it is. There are independant writers and film-makers out there that spend years compiling research gathered from experts in the industry, that could put these 2 to rest in terms of "evidence". But like i said, sometimes the person has to think for him/herself to truly believe anything (while using valid evidence).

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

reply to post by djz3ro

Well disinfo agents to not exists

edit on 26-9-2011 by Chesster because: (no reason given)

That single statement should be embedded in everyones signature, The guy above me is right, your not a shill...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xxdaniel21

100's? Heck, I been researching all morning and found a handful....

Common now do not make up numbers, see folks, truther logic displayed again, a handful of people in a panic said they might of heard something, but some of those bangs were already attributed to greedy people trying to rescue there cars or really ecape in their cars, only to run into walls, pillars, etc..

And science and psychology and law enforcement all agree, eye witnesses aren't always the best witnesses if the situation is stressful

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Please Don't Feed The Trolls.

Clearly this person has not done any independent research and is willing to take the word of two "magicians" over people who have spent years digging into this material. Can we let this thread die already? This will be my last post in this thread. Won't you join me?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by psyop911

It's called

Occam's razor (or Ockham's razor)[1] often expressed in Latin as the lex parsimoniae, translating to law of parsimony, law of economy or law of succinctness, is a principle that generally recommends, when faced with competing hypotheses that are equal in other respects, selecting the one that makes the fewest new assumptions.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...'s_razor

Been true for ages now... surprised truthers wouldn't use this... oh right... because every thought they have is a new assumption, example holographic planes, froen osama icycle, and a conspiracy of a secret military shadow gov...

sigh. this is why we do not put truthers on TV, it's not that there is a conspiracy, it is just you guys cannot stay on point, and often include very extreme theories and claim you can prove it cause you know and that is good enough!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

100's? Heck, I been researching all morning and found a handful.... Common now do not make up numbers,

I've been researching for months, and have found hundreds. So i hold that statement as being true. You say "all morning" like you're a veteran for research and independent thinking. wow... "all morning"... actually, i just realised how funny that sounds.

see folks, truther logic displayed again

Truther logic? I'm far from truther, in fact, if you actually bothered reading my comment properly, you'd find that i'm rather open minded in what small amount of writing you had to analyze me on. Like i said, "truther" has far too many negative connotations. I refrain from using the word "sheep" as it portrays me as ignorant. Let's keep it clean, please?

, a handful of people in a panic said they might of heard something, but some of those bangs were already attributed to greedy people trying to rescue there cars or really ecape in their cars, only to run into walls, pillars, etc..

See, now people "running into walls" is a fairly new concept to me, as i have never heard of that theory before. There's probably a reason for that too. Not many people would tend to believe consecutive, "consistent-interval bang sounds" would be attributed to panic. Mind you, you could be right, as i haven't researched it to give your comment the response it deserves.
See how i am not jumping to conclusions? I feel rather insulted by the "truther" title.

And science and psychology and law enforcement all agree, eye witnesses aren't always the best witnesses if the situation is stressful

Interesting, you probably shouldn't use "eye witnesses" as the basis for your first comment then, and perhaps the basis for your replies either. In fact, pen and teller probably shouldn't have used them either if we are to go by this logic.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

hmm 1500 unemployed architects, where did they get there degrees from and why do only 1500 architects out of millions agree on physics, heck ATS has more members!

1500 is nothing it's probably the people who do not even design hi rise, my point is not p&t is better, it was just a video that gave some evidence...

1500 architects is a joke, think about it world wide there are more, and i doubt 1500 architects know any more than we do an event like that has never happened before, how come our enemies like North Korea or CHina, or Russia hasn't blackmailed us to give the trillions to not release info, think about it intelligence agencies would know from just spying on us...

or them, or whoever

so obviously no conspiracy because the people who it would benefit to expose it haven't....

it's only fringe elements made up of the very young, who want to believe the world is controlled since they can't do much just yet... the very poor who want to believe there is an opressive system and a conspiracy in place that keeps them down... and the very uneducated who get sucked by Alex Jones to buy Gold, buy seeds in case the world ends, and to buy into these theories...

most likely, the simplest explanation is the most likely.

Where did the architects who agree with the official story get their degree from?
(not that I agree with the contraolled demolition theory)
you have made a big leap of faith saying that the enemies of the US havnt used the information to blackmail them, how do you know that they are not doing it?
Does Obama call you and let you know whats up in the White house?
What is a fringe element meant to mean and what do you consider very young?
The poor only know what they know and to them being screwed over possibly does feel like an oppresive system.
Uneducated people get sucked in? could you draw a longer bow?

I put it to you that the conspiracy was not the buildings collapsing, the conspiracy was the laws that got changed after the event and 2 countries got invaded.

How do you respond to that?

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join