It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

Explanation: Nope! He was still correct ... this is what he said in his speech ...

Nope My first reply to you was
Explanation: Accurate

Personal Disclosure: This isn't about what wiki says or what the picture I linked implies ... it is about what Mr Ahmadenijad said and whether my sources back that up ... and they do.

Please stay on topic!

If it wasn't on topic then I would agree 100% however one should stop trying to interject bogus data in support of a claim that's simply not true. But since it's his claim and you attempted poorly to support it with known exaggerated dis-information it is fair game.

Your own source "Wiki" [Which you foolishly provided in support of his claim] failed to corroborate it. Then you feebly attempted to slide right by that fact here...

And he may have got the numbers slightly wrong [it only takes the quik closure of a single F.O.B. to do that]

It's very on topic.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by GreatWhiteFilms

He also denied the Holocaust. I have family who survived the ordeal. I know many others whose families survived the ordeal. This man is a liar, and when you back religion quite like he does, lying seems all the more justified.

Educate yourself before your repeat stupidity. I dont once remember him ever denying the holocaust. He mentioned that the official death toll was over 6 million and now it officially sits at 1/6th that so like intelligent people alike, some histories need to be revised.

en.wikipedia.org...

There ya go!
That'll refresh your memory.

You were saying something about repeating stupidity?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by watermarc74
typically immature of the american dictatorship. trying to make a statement, but just making themselves look like the elitest supremacists children that they are.

WOW! Dictators.....Children? WOW! You are right in one aspect....that being your disaproval of the U.S. delegates walking out....what they should have done is walk up to the podium and put two rounds in that crazy little bastards head! I am quite sure there would be alot of people partying in the streets of Tehran after that!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubber-Ducky
No....

Actually it's WRONG.

That retarded propaganda map shows bases practically everywhere in the world the problem with that over used map is that it counts US Embassy "Marine guards" as a "Military" presence.

Just look at that map again the US has bases in Russia and China
Not only that, but the Wiki link you think is supporting his claim shows only 25 out 195 countries as having bases. Also the map shows bases that the US supposedly has in countries not listed in your link. So, which is BS? All this proves is that his claim or that map [Take your pick - both are BS] are exaggerated. But feel free to keep quoting them.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Rubber-Ducky because: (no reason given)

To be fair, nearly every embassy (there are only four exceptions that I can think of off the top of my head) also contains teams from at least three intelligence agencies (minimum CIA, NSA, NGA), and a QRF (Quick Response Force) consisting of two Special Forces A-Teams and two to three B-Teams. Though it's still hardly the presence that was insinuated.
edit on 9/24/2011 by RedGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

Explanation: Nope! He was still correct ... this is what he said in his speech ...

What is the justification for the presence of hundreds of US military and intelligence bases in different parts of the world, including 268 bases in Germany, 124 in Japan, 87 in South Korea, 83 in Italy, 45 in the United Kingdom, and 21 in Portugal? Does this mean anything other than military occupation?

And he may have got the numbers slightly wrong [it only takes the quik closure of a single F.O.B. to do that

Slightly wrong? Seems to be a blatant exaggeration to me.

For instance, there are only 27 U.S. military installations in South Korea. If you count the embassy, it's 28. At least one is a jointly run U.S./Korean Base, and two are areas of a Korean base given to the
U.S. for use.

U.S. Forces Korea

Now, with that in mind, 268 in Germany? 45 in the U.K? 21 in Portugal? Sounds like this guy is counting the number of units (probably at the Battalion level) rather than bases.

+1 to creative writing. -1 to credibility.
edit on 9/24/2011 by RedGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You sure seem to have a propensity for dictators and a hatred for America.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I guess ahmadinejad is on ATS aswell.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96which country shoots their own people for protesting in the streets and saying bad things about their government?

I know you're old enough to remember the 70's without being too old to be completely senile yet.

Hell, it's happened several times in the past in this country. Christ, the second president of the United States signed a law prohibiting political attacks against the government.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96which country shoots their own people for protesting in the streets and saying bad things about their government?

I know you're old enough to remember the 70's without being too old to be completely senile yet.

Hell, it's happened several times in the past in this country. Christ, the second president of the United States signed a law prohibiting political attacks against the government.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here is the truth. The Pres. of Iran had a chance to speak positively about his country. To talk about it's future and peace in the middle East. Instead, he used this opportunity to rant about the same ole BS!

To proclaim how Israel will be wiped off the map. To deny the holocaust ever took place. To blame the worlds problems on the West mainly the U.S. you know the big bad "Satan"!

The guy is a clown and many there thought so. They should have walked out!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
yep old enough to remember that iran held american hostages for over a year

students and people died trying to rescue them

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
Here is the truth. The Pres. of Iran had a chance to speak positively about his country. To talk about it's future and peace in the middle East. Instead, he used this opportunity to rant about the same ole BS!

To proclaim how Israel will be wiped off the map. To deny the holocaust ever took place. To blame the worlds problems on the West mainly the U.S. you know the big bad "Satan"!

Bold mine.

He said those things in this speech?

link?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You sure seem to have a propensity for dictators and a hatred for America.

didnt i say i dont support ahmadinejad? why dont you look at page 11? i only stated he was correct about the military bases world wide

secondlly dont get me wrong i love america just not the polices nor who controls america, the CFR,Bilderberg etc.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

While President Ahmadinejad is lecturing the world from the U.N. podium," Human Rights Watch's U.N. Director Philippe Bolopion said, "dissent is still being crushed ruthlessly in Iran and basic rights demanded by millions in the Arab world are brutally denied to Iranians who are demanding the same." "The world assembly should take with a grain of salt the remarks of a leader who said nothing about the public hanging yesterday of a 17-year-old in his own country," he said.

In his speech, Ahmadinejad noted "the widespread awakening in Islamic lands ... (in) the pursuit of the realization of justice, freedom and the creation of a better tomorrow." He said "our great nationa stands ready to join hands with other nations to march on this beautiful path."

The Iranian leader accused the U.S. of threatening to place sanctions on anyone who questions the Holocaust and the Sept. 11 attacks with sanctions and military action.

Without naming the United States, he asked: "Who imposed, through deceits and hypocrisy, the Zionism and over 60 years of war, homelessness, terror and mass murder on the Palestinian people and on countries in the region?"

Ahmadinejad accused some unidentified European countries of still using the Holocaust "as the excuse to pay fine or ransom to the Zionists." He also said any question about the foundation of Zionism is condemned by the U.S. "as an unforgivable sin."

link: Huffington Post

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If Ahmadinejerk was talking about actual subjects and not digressing maybe USA would listen.
But everytime he speaks its all hate, promises of destroying countries and "Evil Capitalistic Empire™ ",yeh i would walk out. Just as i would walk out from a person calling me names.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
If Ahmadinejerk was talking about actual subjects and not digressing maybe USA would listen.
But everytime he speaks its all hate, promises of destroying countries and "Evil Capitalistic Empire™ ",yeh i would walk out. Just as i would walk out from a person calling me names.

agreed at least Gaddafi was talking about actual subjects.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Yes, but they still have a responsibility to sit there and listen to it and earn their pay. If they were smart, they would schedule themselves to address the U.N. directly after Amadinijad. That way, if he rambled on as expected, they could get up and say "That guy is frickin nuts, eh?"

How are they supposed to make their report to the State Department? Watch the rest of the speech on the internet and hope it hadn't been edited?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

Have been giving this more thought and have changed my mind about U.S. walking out on speech.
What should have and should happen in the future, is our President should have the balls to stand up
and confront the man in all of his tired rhetoric.

We need to say on what grounds do you believe the Holocaust
did not take place? Where is your proof? Why do you, come before the leaders of the world and make such anti semetic remarks? what do you hope to accomplish? Do you care about your country at all?

Why can't we call him on all the garbage he spews? Because we have to be so politically correct! Well screw that!

Where does that road lead? I can tell you, it leads to NOWHERE!

Someone needs to shut this clown up or make him answer for all his vitriolic speeches!

Thanks,

Pax

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod
Yes, but they still have a responsibility to sit there and listen to it and earn their pay.

I disagree.
They are not paid to be catchers mitts

If they were smart, they would schedule themselves to address the U.N. directly after Amadinijad.

Nah, that would be lending his BS legitamcy..

That way, if he rambled on as expected, they could get up and say "That guy is frickin nuts, eh?"

Again. Nah, Give him his space to spew what he wants how he wants. Let the world decide for themselves whether the man is stable based on what he says...

How are they supposed to make their report to the State Department? Watch the rest of the speech on the internet and hope it hadn't been edited?

Each member is given a transcript. Most of his speeches end up in the toilet as toilet paper or filed in the circular cabinet...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
To deal with people like Ahmadenijad the best course of action is to let them continue to rant without challenging him. The holocaust denial alone just reinforces to other leaders he doesnt have a grasp on reality / history.

Why waste the time trying to counter everything he says.

The more he opens his mouth the less credible he becomes. He doesnt need anyone / any countries assistance to make him look bad.

He does that all by himself.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join