It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
CNN Live, ahmadinejad spoke about the us military bases around the world, you know i am getting sick and tired when US walks out during a speech at the UN, i would just love when some other nation walks out on America.

And just look how CMM is attacking ahmadinejad qutie typical of CNN
cheerleaders for obama.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
lol i figured they would walk again losers lol. I dont like Irans President or whatever he is, but when it comes to him talking about our government i listen but he is still garbage in my book like our president is and how our government structure is, its evil, 9/11 was an inside job.

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am sure many people watched that live and said "hell yeah! America!"

Well, if you don't like people getting upset about your military bases around the world... Maybe you should just chill out on keeping a military presence in everybody else's lives... I live in the U.S. and I wouldn't want any other country establishing a military base in Florida.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

In many instances, the host countries want to have US military bases on their soil. South Korea, Saudi Arabia, and others have invited the US to set up bases.

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
typically immature of the american dictatorship. trying to make a statement, but just making themselves look like the elitest supremacists children that they are.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I stand behind their decision when they walked out. They are not only a threat to usamerica but the whole world, yet the whole world are oblivious to somethings

link   
What I'm reading on the Net is that there are other countries walking out as well. Also, I'm reading that there was more involved than just the military bases. Things like saying 9/11 were pretexts for invasions and other such things, while possibly true, would nonetheless understandably be infuriating and do seem rather disrespectful.

+1 more 
link   
Like I said in the other thread - absolutely pathetic.

If you want to make a point just don't applaud when he's finished, like others did.

That way you make your point while doing your job. As opposed to walking out and not doing your job.

I'm not American so I don't care. I don't pay these clowns' wages. If I did I'd be pissed though.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Just saying, I seriously doubt we could keep bases there if the countries themselves didn't comply with it in one way or another.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
That's pretty pathetic behavior, what dont they want to hear? They are behaving like school kids in the playground, what hope for humanity have we got if our representatives are so spineless, they can't even sit and listen to an opposing view. It's the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting NA NA NA I can't ear you.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This country's representatives and leadership is an absolute joke.

It's embarrassing to be represented by a bunch of clowns.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

The people of the country, or the people running it? There is a difference..

(please don't take that the wrong way, I am just trying to project myself into a citizens shoes)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Did the Chinese hang around?

Maybe the US was simply tired of the same old puppet show?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Why even bother to show up?

I think ignore him would make more of a statement.

"Ahmadinejad is making a speech? Oooh, I can't make it, I have a lunch date. Sorry."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Why even bother to show up?

I think ignore him would make more of a statement.

"Ahmadinejad is making a speech? Oooh, I can't make it, I have a lunch date. Sorry."

Because they wanted to show a united show of solidarity against the boogie man.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Oh boy, they did the walking out of the room thing again. Do these people realize how childish and moronic it makes them look?

We expect U.S. representatives to be tough and have backbone, not to run away and pout when they hear a verbal ouchie. Sit there and play solitaire on your computer for all I care, but stay in your seat and stop acting like little crybabies......it's embarrassing.

Peace

edit on 22-9-2011 by Dr Love because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Having heard the President of Iran’s speeches before, it is the same thing every time. How bad the US is, how the US abuses other nations and so forth, along with how evil Israel is and that the poor Palestinians are and how we should all care, along with can’t we all just get along, and how we are mistaken that their nuclear program is for peace, and that they only want peace in the region.

The then US speaks, and they walk out, it is only a part of the geopolitical stuff where leaders try to convince others that they are correct and lay out what their points and agendas are in the world, or what they would like the other countries to believe.

Ultimately, the one thing that many people do not realize or don’t want to admit about the US military bases in other countries, is that we do pay rent on where ever that base happens to be, and that as part of the running of that base, the US purchases goods and services from the local economies, along with hiring and employing the local people from the various areas to help keep it running. That is one reason why many countries like having US military bases in their countries, as it helps their local economies and it is big money, representing hundreds if not millions of dollars of income flowing into a country.

Eventually Iran and the US are going to have to come to the proverbial table and come to some form of agreement. Just cause we do not have diplomatic relationships with Iran, and they with us, does not mean that the diplomacy stops. In different embassy’s in Iran and the US, there is a contingent of the others ambassadorial staff there that works to keep those lines of communications open.

Just cause they walk out during the others speech, does not mean that they do not know what is being said or stated, they will get full reports and in time make responses to such.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
*sticks fingers in ears* Nah nah nah nah nah I cant hear you.

Really... I expect more from our diplomats...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Typical dictatorial behaviour... by the US GOV! They don't respect foreign country's sovereignty, why would they respect a speech? USA MUST GO DOWN. Either by economy or else. Land of ignorant people, and evil "leaders".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

The only reason they walked out was to discredit Ahmadinejad words. I hate the world we live in sometimes. I agree, it'd be nice to see the UN listen and come up with a rebuttal and have a discussion instead of just walking out of every uncomfortable moment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join