It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Why walk out on a speech when you can heckle from the crowd? If our representatives were so offended why did they not take off their right shoe and throw it at him? Why do they allow him to visit NYC and interview with Larry King?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

I just want to say, I live in the U.S., I am second generation Basque (meaning my mother was born here, my grandmother came from the far North of Spain). I have lived in both countries.

Just because other people call this the U.S., does not mean we are all ignorant people my friend. Many people in the United States are hoping for some sort of a revolution or change. We don't all watch fox news and eat burger king... So please do not direct negativity in that fashion because it will only fuel ignorance and disdain. I would never make any statement like that, as it only encourages a false precept that a country defines a human being.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I don't see it as dictatorial behaviour, but I do see it as childish. And other countries walked out as well, but I guess they're puppets of the US...Right? They can't have their own policies towards Irans current regime?

But if I knew that Rev Phelps was to be giving a speech, I wouldn't stick around for it either. Why listen to a certifiable nutjob?
edit on 22-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I love knowing they walked out, like a roach in a dark corner, turn a light on and watch them scramble, now the whole room is lit for all to see.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Reply me AFTER you DO something about to correct the terrorist nation you live in. "Hoping for a change" is not enough.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Any time someone walks out on a UN meeting is good thing.
I think we(USA) would do just fine not being a member of the UN.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What are you asking me to do? I openly discuss how I feel, I cannot afford to fly elsewhere, and I do alot of things to attempt to bring about change. I don't eat meat anymore, I meditate daily and speak to others about the benefits of being sustainable and peaceful, I have my own garden, I don't shop for stupid things, I ride a bike, I don't own a car... I can provide more information.

Furthermore, if I were to protest on the streets and act out of control, I wouldn't be taken seriously (nor have I ever even thought about something like that, unless I really know why I am out there).

I do what I can to better the place in which I live, which is THE EARTH. You live here too man! I don't buy into the bull that people are fed nationwide, but my friend, I am nothing like you. Your statements have proven ignorance above all else. I made a peaceful statement with a logical backing. If all of your statements are going to be based upon fear and hatred, don't reply to this.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Agreed, the United Nations, in my eyes, in nothing more that the global version of the US.

(keywords, MY eyes)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sad to see such hatred towards Americans on here.

So Irans president speaks, gives the same speech he always does... America did this, america does that... American diplomats exit before he speaks...

As an American, sadly there is not a whole lot that I can do. I can't change who is in power. I can't change their views, hell I can barely make my own mortgage!!

However, what I can do is raise my children to love, to understand that it is ok to have differences but to resolve through peace. To wake up and realize that every soul on earth is precious...

The actions of my own government can be "questionable" at times as with any countries governing body. Fox News, CNN, any of the MSM can basically shut off for all I care.

Iran wants Nuke technology... LET THEM! I will still wake up to watching spongebob with my daughter, there will still be a toy in the happy meal and Irans people will have Nuclear power for their people. If they want to make a bomb and drop it on someone... would be suicidal on their end!

I can't stop people from hating on the American government, but honestly, American people are not all bad...

Peace to all...

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Any time someone walks out on a UN meeting is good thing.
I think we(USA) would do just fine not being a member of the UN.

We'd do even better to evict the entire UN assembly and all related facilities out of the USA, let them relocate to Europe or some other country, and let that country be responsible for hosting this useless body of nations, along with all of the incredibly high expenses for security etc.

IMO

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moonpoet

Point in case...

You care about reality, not the matrix of fear and competition that we are led to believe is real.

Everybody can just, as Samuel L. Jackson would put it

"BE COOL, BITCH!"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Samuel L. Jackson should have been our first black prez....

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Want to point out said, the reason america is in debt is because of those bases worldwide bases, heck look at russia they dont have too many bases just one single naval base in Sryia and another in Serbia still they arent into huge debt problems sigh i wonder why

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Its Bush's fault.

Seriously though, who cares what happens at the UN? It doesn't change behavior in the world and the organization does not have bite anymore, its just a paper tiger funding its own pockets with illicit gains as they are not prominent on the world stage like they use to be in years past.

With all of the countries in the news lately going from one extreme to another the UN is unusually quite , odd for a world body not to participate in world events except to give up a chair to a new faction in charge.

Obama's character is on stage while attending these meeting and I would expect nothing less from him and his staff as he has shown over and over again his misplaced arrogance and inability to govern a nation.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why would the representatives of a nation walk out on the speech of the leader of a foreign nation they believe is:

A. actively trying to destroy one of their allies
B. may have had a part in funding terrorist organizations
C. may have provided fighters and/or weapons to the enemy combatants over the past 8 or 9 years

, at a global summit of an organisation known as the UNITED NATIONS?

How bad is the U.S. trying to make itself look? Oh sure, let's just poo poo anything this guy says, even though he is practically an enemy to our country.

Nice job people. Give this guy a reason to be insulted, and allow us to gladly remain ignorant of what someone who hates you and might have the capability to act out on that hate, might have to say.

I'm reminded of the recent debate where Ron Paul was booed for speaking the words of Osama Bin Laden. The man clearly stated why the attacks of 911 happened, but awwww hell with it, we don't want to hear it.

I wanted to say that America's representatives are morons who clearly don't actually represent the thoughts and viewpoints of it's citizens, but I'd be wrong. We really do present ourselves as pompous ***holes who have let our nationalism promote an incredible arrogance.

To quote Will Ferrel as Mugatu from Zoolander, "Doesn't anyone notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Good point, thank your for backing me on the fact that the US doesn't represent me, you, or anyone that does not wish to be represented by it. Many people happily let the US represent them, and think that this is the greatest country in the world, blah blah....

You can't look to a country to solve your problems, you do it on your own. I don't vote, I never will. Because nobody will ever govern me. I can make my own decisions, as can anybody else that breaks the mental barrier built by the insane people running this world can.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Maybe they walk out in order to avoid any possible psychological programming that might occur through verbal subliminal suggestion if they had stayed.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

Because nothing would be said in that meeting that would be of any really important strategic information. I cannot say I care much for Iran's leader, but I give him a little more credit than that to not say anything that has significance.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Not really.
Same crap, same UN BS Platform, just a different day.

Why stick around for the same drivel from the same Jackhole.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

I watched the whole speech on youtube, and I have to say that I totally agree with many of the points Ahmadinejad adreesed. Although I did find it a little to "preechy" for my liking, I agree with his main point of hypocrisy being alive and well in many of the so-called World Leader's policies (Im paraphrasing obviously)...

The fact that you say you're standing behind their decision to walk, because "They are not only a threat to the usamerica but the whole world...", is somewhat ridiculous...where is your proof that they are a threat? The only reason you and your country see them as a threat is because there is constant misguiding through misinformation.

Is this really what democracy and diplomacy has become?

If you don't like what is said, then get up and walk out?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join