It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Walks out during ahmadinejad speech

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
and also did i say i didnt support ahmadinejad? i am though opposed to any war that might happen in iran, its not our darn business, but seeing how i am been attacked and even insulted by some of you here because i am not pro war well guess what? thats to bad.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
And rightly so.

It's like giving Adolf Hitler airtime to spread his poison and lies.

Although I agree with him that 9/11 was a conspiracy, however, mentioning this at the UN GA is more damaging to himself than the US government.

If he was smart, he wouldn't spout stuff that will destroy any credibility he still has. He is viewed as a clown and plays right into the hands of any future political justification for an attack on Iran.

If he was smart, he would give the Americans nothing or as little ammunition as possible to discredit him with, rise up in global politics and garner political credit and influence, then start feeding in the occasional factual accusation.

Bottom line, he is stupid and I don't care for him showering me with the blessings of whatnot.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I could care less if you're Pro-war/Anti-war but you sure do have a giant chip on your shoulders.

CNN Live, ahmadinejad spoke about the us military bases around the world, you know i am getting sick and tired when US walks out during a speech at the UN, i would just love when some other nation walks out on America.

Where in any of that does it state anything about war? Where in your original post does it mention all the other countries that walked out?

Lastly the first page star fest for ahmadinejad is a joke from page two onward he and his supporters took a beating.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well, let me start by saying how pleased i was with today's speech by Palestine, if we are to get to the two state solution, first we must declare two states.

I did note however that the same theatrics of walkouts or non-appearances was on display yet again.

Notably Iran was not present to hear Israels response to Palestine's request for recognized Statehood.

And only lower ranking staff were present at others.

All this behavior just makes me want to slap a few heads.

The UN is the only means of avoiding bloodshed, the Politicians should keep that in mind and do their job, Diplomacy.

Wars begin when Diplomacy fails and this farcical display from our representatives does not inspire confidence.

Cosmic...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubber-Ducky

Lastly the first page star fest for ahmadinejad is a joke from page two onward he and his supporters took a beating.

So if am getting stars on my first page is a joke from onwards to page two? oh really a joke eh? people have other reasons to give to stars not just because the thread has the name of ahmadinejad, i could say the same thing about those brither threads the first page star fest for brithers is a joke aswell.

a mod on the first page said it qutie nicely

Oh boy, they did the walking out of the room thing again. Do these people realize how childish and moronic it makes them look?

We expect U.S. representatives to be tough and have backbone, not to run away and pout when they hear a verbal ouchie. Sit there and play solitaire on your computer for all I care, but stay in your seat and stop acting like little crybabies......it's embarrassing.

And you call that a joke and accusing me and others of been ahmadinejad supporters?

Where in your original post does it mention all the other countries that walked out?

I was watching it live if thats what you wanted to know, secondlly and this isnt Americas walkout? tell me who do you think owns europe now with its 1000 or so military bases eh?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

I did. I do. And you guys are mostly insanely unaware of what is right in front of you.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

What is insane is arguing from a position you cannot defend, and you do so because you have not really challenged your own position. Whenever someone challenges your viewpoint, you think it should be obvious that you are right.
No one here can defend the actions of the west. Can you defend the actions of the west?
How many Jews live in Iran? Guess what? They don't want to leave. They don't want to go to Israel, or anywhere else.
Of course, if NATO starts bombing the # out of Iran, yes, they will want to leave.
How many countries has Iran bombed the # out of?
Get a damn clue? Me?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeinthematrix

oh i definatly believe the evil leaders but the not so ignant peoples

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
poor little rich kid taking his ball away because nobody wanted to play his way. Why cant they be adults about this and discuss their grievances, it is the united nations after all lmao

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Explanation: Uhmmm?

CNN Live

That was the source that inspired this thread and therefor this story was UNFOLDING as the thread was created.

That the OP didn't get everything fully reported is just a case of bad luck!
Give them a break ok!

That other ATS members were able to shed new light on the subject was awesome, but this isnt about us or stars and flags ... its about whether the usa and others walked out over just one thing ie military bases comment or was it a whole plethora of reasons ie holocaust denial +9/11 etc?

Did you read this reply from the OP'er???

Stay on topic, dont get me wrong i am no fan of ahmadinejad but his speech about bases is correct.

Let me assess whether Ahmadinejad was correct or not on that issue for a moment...

List of United States military bases [wiki]

Seems he was 100% correct about that!

But was that why the usa and others walked out?

Now as it was an unfolding story I have found the transcript of the speech made at the UN by Mr Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad United Nations Speech: Full Text Transcript (September 22, 2011 3:03 PM EDT) [ibtimes.com]

And a short vid of the walkout...

So they walked out at just before this point in his speech...

They tolerate no question or criticism, and instead of presenting a reason for their violations, they always put themselves in the position of a claimant. By using their imperialistic media network which is under the influence of colonialism they threaten anyone who questions the Holocaust and the September 11 event with sanctions and military action

So maybe they got
at this bit of his speech ...

Hypocrisy and deceit are allowed in order to secure their interests and imperialistic goals. Drug- trafficking and killing of innocent human beings are also allowed in pursuit of such diabolic goals. Despite NATO's presence in the occupied Afghanistan, there has been a dramatic increase in the production of illicit drugs there.

Personal Disclosure: To the OP'er ... the answer is "He was correct about the military bases, BUT that wasn't the explicit reason that they all walked out." and I hope that this puts the issue [walk out over military bases comment] to rest for everybody.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
They are under the gun for questioning the Holocaust and 911?

Wow.

Prove it.

FULL Transcript:

www.ibtimes.com...

edit on 2011/9/23 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You like how he gives the economic breakdown in the USA? I do. What's the class-economic gap in Iran, and the Arabic world? We don't discuss that. That's the role Allah gave them. To aspire to "spiritual and material" status. How many of the rich are Imams in Iran?

How about the specific areas that need extra help? Japan, and two Arabic states. There sure wasn't something horrible that happened in INDIA.

"Justice-seekers" is a nice way of dressing up that he just praised terrorists.

The way too peace is to stop resisting conversion to Islam.

Black people were made into slaves! Please don't look too closely at the vast difference between the numbers of Africans taken as slaves by Europeans, and the numbers STILL being taken by Arabs. That would be inconvenient, since the numbers for Arabs is still growing, and if it were a contest the Arabs win for pure numbers of slaves both historically and in modern times.

There are STILL slave markets in Tehran.

Colonialism is terrible. You being righteously led to accept submission to Allah...that's divine providence and good thinking. They won't alienate your culture like the oppressive west. They'll just replace it outright.

Your economy is around arms and wars! His is of course center around a petroleum cartel.

Who triggered World War I and II. Well II was triggered from the bad management of reparations from WWI. And WWI was triggered by a series of semi-secret defense pacts that cascaded, and a backdrop of deeply incompatible modernization and ideologies. You know...kinda like what you are setting up between the West and Islamists.

Unlike in your country Ahmadinejad, in my country we actually learn about history of these indepth in High School.

Now going after Iraq due to 9/11 was a pretext. Finally, a point we can agree on. They should have turned that fracker into a pile of glass during the previous war.

The movement of economies over the last twenty years was intended to bring the emerging economies like yours into the circle, not oppress yours. But you know that. So this is just you being a jerk. They should have let you guys rot on the vine.

I urge all the people who think that the USA is the NWO and these Pan-Islamic Statists are not, to carefully review the entire section of his speech about the rights of nations to collective governance through a common system of management and a common bright future (under Allah).

Just so you have a framework about the system he is wanting you to live with:

en.wikisource.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Let me assess whether Ahmadinejad was correct or not on that issue for a moment...

List of United States military bases [wiki]
Seems he was 100% correct about that!

No....

Actually it's WRONG.

That retarded propaganda map shows bases practically everywhere in the world the problem with that over used map is that it counts US Embassy "Marine guards" as a "Military" presence.

Just look at that map again the US has bases in Russia and China
Not only that, but the Wiki link you think is supporting his claim shows only 25 out 195 countries as having bases. Also the map shows bases that the US supposedly has in countries not listed in your link. So, which is BS? All this proves is that his claim or that map [Take your pick - both are BS] are exaggerated. But feel free to keep quoting them.

From your source

1. Afghanistan
  2. Bahrain
  3. British Indian Ocean Territory
  4. Brazil
  5. Bulgaria
  6. Cuba
  7. Spain
  8. Germany
  9. Iraq
  10. Israel
  11. Italy
  12. Japan
  13. Kuwait
  14. Kosovo
  15. South Korea
  16. Guam
  17. Greece
  18. Greenland
  19. Qatar
  20. Singapore
  21. United Kingdom
  22. Kyrgyzstan
  23. Netherlands
  24. Portugal
  25. Turkey

edit on 24-9-2011 by Rubber-Ducky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The issue with IRAN is not an issue with the youth of Iran as that country has the largest ratio of young to old in the world. The youth of Iran wants nothing more than to get rid of it's old religious guard and join the modern world.

The real problem with Iran is the possibility that some nut in the old guard is going to hand Hezzbola or Islamic Jihad a nuke that they might use on Israel. Iran signed the NON PROLIFERATION treaty to be allowed Nuke Tech. They did not have Nuke tech. before being given it.

Still...they are breaking all the rules that a country must abide by that has been given this tech. For those who decry the U.S. troops in the region now had better wake up to what the realities would be if Iran does obtain or transphere any Nuke weapons or tech to any of these groups.

The resulting action by the United States would make the last two wars look like a cap gun in comparison. Read some of the actual planned contingency plans that the Pentagon has drawn up in the response to what I have just posted. You want to talk about SCARY?

We would OBLITERATE the entire region just to be sure. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

That retarded propaganda map shows bases practically everywhere in the world the problem with that over used map is that it counts US Embassy "Marine guards" as a "Military" presence.

That retarded propaganda? no thats the fact

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So...

You're from London eh?

Sou rce
UK delegates walked out of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at the United Nations today

You were mumbling something about being hypocritical?

Actually i mentioned the "Divided Kingdom". Maybe i should have said United...but that would be false.
Read my post fully if you want to quote it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Explanation: Nope! He was still correct ... this is what he said in his speech ...

What is the justification for the presence of hundreds of US military and intelligence bases in different parts of the world, including 268 bases in Germany, 124 in Japan, 87 in South Korea, 83 in Italy, 45 in the United Kingdom, and 21 in Portugal? Does this mean anything other than military occupation?

Don't the bombs deployed in the said bases undermine the security of other nations?

OL is very sure those can't all be embassy's and OL is also sure that for all the failings of the picture I linked that it includes those specific places that he named!

And he may have got the numbers slightly wrong [it only takes the quik closure of a single F.O.B. to do that]

United States Armed Forces: Overseas [wiki]

OverseasAs of 31 December 2010, U.S. Armed Forces were stationed at more than 820 installations in at least 135 countries.[28] Some of the largest contingents are the 85,600 military personnel deployed in Iraq, the 103,700 in Afghanistan, the 52,440 in Germany (see list), the 35,688 in Japan (USFJ), the 28,500 in Republic of Korea (USFK), the 9,660 in Italy, and the 9,015 in the United Kingdom respectively. These numbers change frequently due to the regular recall and deployment of units.

Altogether, 77,917 military personnel are located in Europe, 141 in the former Soviet Union, 47,236 in East Asia and the Pacific, 3,362 in North Africa, the Near East, and South Asia, 1,355 in sub-Saharan Africa and 1,941 in the Western Hemisphere excepting the United States itself.

And here is the [28] cited source for that ... Department of Defense: ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY PERSONNEL STRENGTHS BY REGIONAL AREA AND BY COUNTRY (309A) DECEMBER 31, 2010 PDF (extreme caution autoloads in adobe... at your own risk) [siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil]

Personal Disclosure: This isn't about what wiki says or what the picture I linked implies ... it is about what Mr Ahmadenijad said and whether my sources back that up ... and they do.

Please stay on topic!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Now if only we would just defund the UN too....I'm all for withdrawing funds completely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So anywhere US military happens to be is an occupation?

Cool - that's a neat trick.

Someone needs to tell my government that we are "occupied."

Of course, we are also then occupied by the Germans pretty regularly too.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by sith9157

The EU apointees walked out the other day when one called another a pedophile.

Which was interesting, because they guy is on record as being a defender of pedophiles. Apparently, in the EU you can be walked out on for calling a pedophile a pedophile.

Playing nice with the crazy people doesn't actually work.

All pedophiles should be hanged, or at the very least chemically castrated

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join