It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy

Who is, Him, the person in the Bible?
What I am saying is there is another Jesus being taught who is not in the Bible but they have a convincing rhetoric to go with it, along with a different name.

He is Immanuel.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What a sad sad sad thread.
You know the man Jesus is also called the Word in the OT. He is the Father as well and also the Spirit Romans 8:8
You know Jesus died because he loved us. Romans 8:38
You know the Pharisees cared more for the actions of the hand than the actions of a persons heart. Romans 2:17
The heart.
We are not going to be judged on the wrong names that we call our Saviour as you suppose, only on our lack of love and compassion to each other and our service to Jesus.
John 14:7 If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also;
Jesus the Son of God. Yeshua the Son of God. They are the same.
If you are going to allow pedantics and translations to condemn Christians, I would question your motivations and your Christianity.
Love will cover a multitude of sin, even pronunciations.

Find me a bible verse that hints at my sin of mispronouncing Jesus name

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I can remember the fist time someone pulled this hebrewish business on me twenty five years ago at church. I sad, Oh yes I saw this thing on TV about that, how you should pronounce it like. . .
The guy who was talking to me did not like it because I did not say it the way he did.
I said, No, I just heard it like last night so I know I am saying it just like this Hebrew scholar on TV.
He hated me after that. I think he swallowed a demon.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Who is, Him, the person in the Bible?
What I am saying is there is another Jesus being taught who is not in the Bible but they have a convincing rhetoric to go with it, along with a different name.

Just what are you referring to? The Gnostic Gospel? You said they are trying to gain esoteric knowledge. I think you have been saying that unless someone believes in the 1611 KJV, then they can't be saved. So I ask, what about those in 1610?

You on the one hand say that people can only say Jesus to be saved then you imply on the other that his name is only found in the 1611 KJV.

Are you saying the only true version is the 1611 KJV? Because to a lot of us, that is what it sounds like you are saying.

Are you referring to the Sacred Name Only movement?
edit on 9/19/2011 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

reply to post by akushla99

How ARE they saved?
You tell me.

By faith.

Freely by God's grace and mercy.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boony

Find me a bible verse that hints at my sin of mispronouncing Jesus name
I was talking about people who refuse to say, Jesus, not because they have a learning disability or speak another language but refuse on the grounds that they have to say it in Hebrew or Aramaic, believing they have to in order to tie Jesus into a connection with the angel Moses spoke to in the burning bush.

edit on 19-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Trinity
Resurrection
Incarnate birth
Parousia (personal visible return of Jesus)
Atonement
Deity....... of Jesus, Emmanuel, "The Word", Yeshua or any variation of the name of the Son of God, are the tenets of Christianity.
What is implied by the OP is not Christian doctrine at all.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Just what are you referring to? The Gnostic Gospel? You said they are trying to gain esoteric knowledge. I think you have been saying that unless someone believes in the 1611 KJV, then they can't be saved. So I ask, what about those in 1610?
You on the one hand say that people can only say Jesus to be saved then you imply on the other that his name is only found in the 1611 KJV.
Are you saying the only true version is the 1611 KJV? Because to a lot of us, that is what it sounds like you are saying.
Is that what it is called?
I don't know but there are people who make threads saying if you say Jesus and God, then you are going to hell. I am making a counter thread saying, no, they are going to hell for being like that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boony
Trinity
Resurrection
Incarnate birth
Parousia (personal visible return of Jesus)
Atonement
Deity....... of Jesus, Emmanuel, "The Word", Yeshua or any variation of the name of the Son of God, are the tenets of Christianity.
What is implied by the OP is not Christian doctrine at all.
Is refusing to say, Jesus, thinking it is an evil name, part of Christian doctrine?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Is that what it is called?
I don't know but there are people who make threads saying if you say Jesus and God, then you are going to hell. I am making a counter thread saying, no, they are going to hell for being like that.

Ok so then what you are saying is that you disagree with the Sacred Name Only Movement because THEY believe you should only say the name as it is in Hebrew. Well to them I would still disagree. They are wrong on that point. But for those who only know Jesus by the Hebrew name, then that is ok.

When Jesus was on the Road to Emmaus, he never told those men His name, but rather He expounded scripture of who He was as a person and what He did. Those are the more important things to know. When He asked Peter who Peter said He was, Peter said "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God". So if we say that to Jesus then we are right.

Take this for instance, my username on here is WarminIndy. You know my words and the way I think by what you see that I type. But beyond this I have a real name and a real life. Only those who know me personally know my name and those who are closer to me call me endearing names. A man calls his wife sweetheart, not because of her real name, but of what she is to him. If I call Jesus brother or friend, then I am right. And if I call Jesus "Lover of my soul" then that is just as right.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Ah, okay..

You're not really serious, I hope.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well to them I would still disagree.
I more than disagree and probably because of the abuse I receive for not adopting their philosophy and called names and damned, not in a hypothetical way but as if they would like to personally send me on my way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

you know...who the frak put you in charge of assigning people to hell anyway?!?
how about you grow up, DON'T JUDGE and stop this insane argument. it's people like you who give those who live in the light of Christ's redemption a bad name.

next you will be giving a PO Box that the hell bound can send a money order to, to save them from an eternity of damnation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I think the OP has lost his marbles, could well fit into the category discribed below(like many so called christians today).

MATT 7:22 "On the day of judgment many will call me their lord. They will say, "we preached in your name, and in your name we forced out demons and worked many miracles"(23)But I will tell them,"I'll have nothing to do with you!, get out of my sight you evil people!"

By the way, Jesus is NOT literally GOD, GOD doesnt worship himself, and GOD knows ALL, Jesus clearly doesnt/didnt. Jesus also isnt the literal son of GOD, to beget is to reproduce which is an animalistic characteristic of the creation. dont try and put the attributes of the creation onto GOD.

MARK 10:40 "it isnt for me to say who will sit at my right hand side and at my left. That is for GOD to say".

Matt. 24:36 "No-one knows the Day(Judgement Day) or the Hour. The angels in heaven dont know, and the son himself does NOT know"

John 14:28 You have already heard me say that l am going and that l will also come back to you. If you really love me, you should be glad that l am going back to the Father(the ONE TRUE ALLKNOWING GOD), becasue HE is GREATER than l am

I'd worry about the contradictive foundations of your dogma before you worry about what name you'd prefer to call Jesus.
edit on 19-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

So happy to see someone so nonjudgmental as yourself to lead the way by example.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Another happy nonjudgmental Christian I see.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
A lot of people calling themselves Christians or followers of the Way, or disciples or whatever of the saved, I find not to be good people and actually worse than heathen.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Haxsaw

Another happy nonjudgmental Christian I see.

lol, too funny, coming from someone who's trying to tell people they are going to hell because they may call Jesus one of the many other names that he is known by holds no water. Get over yourself, worry about the contradictions in the foundations of your dogma before you worry about more insignificant things.

Seriously, you've lost the plot, did Jesus speak english? lol and you're still ignorant enough to say things like "Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed? "

edit on 19-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Heed the book you claim to follow:
James 4:12
There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

It amazes me how people consistently miss the point of everything. The wisdom that is found in any religion is what is important. The things that help us to discover who and what we are. I don't care if you call someone "Carrot" as long as you do it with respect and use their wisdom to make the world a better place. You argue about what to call a fork while you starve to death.
edit on 9/19/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I don't see you making any kind of argument, just ridiculing me, so go on with your Christianity and feeling good about yourself.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join