It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 9
2
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by GeistMelange
 
Then you should not care about my religion(seeing how they are all the same to you), and so why are you commenting?




posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by akushla99
 

I ain't the one spouting the saved, or not-saved schpiel!
You were talking about the unfortunates, with the implication that knowing the name, Jesus was too much to demand.
I was asking how the deaf and dumb are saved, the implication being that they can not hear or say, Jesus.
If this is not how they are saved, then what?
I guess your answer is Jesus is irrelevant and has nothing to do with being saved or not.


No...you have been the one who is quite sure of the saved/not saved issue...i have been responding to your claim that saying the name, indeed, according to you, the proper name, was a requirement for keeping you from a locum you like to call hell.

My response to this, was to question your requirement, since not everyone can hear, see, speak, understand, read, etc etc etc...therefore excluding these people from savedness, to which I responded...UTTER, UTTER, RUBBISH.

And then I proceeded to ask you a series of questions based on what you have written that are procedurally wrong...i.e. That God created everything...but not the devil...didn't get an answer to this one! I know the answer, which I then proceeded to reveal to you...I also asked you how you would describe what happens when humanity, through the glorious gift of FREE WILL, then acts on this FREE WILL...didn't get a satisfactory answer to this one! I know the answer, which I have revealed over a series of posts.

What I have revealed is entirely consistent with ANY cosmology you wish to nominate...

GOD is not a GOD of exclusion...this is NOT the GOD of LOVE...
Any form of exclusion coming from the mouths of men, is spurious and should never be believed. The fact that you would believe that you needed a password to enter heaven is an indication that there is indeed exclusion.
Now...i do believe there is exclusion! But, this exclusion comes about through the FREE WILL to be excluded...at this time, or whenever...because a LOVING GOD allows his creation to respond and react to other creation according to FREE WILL. This precept has never been lifted...it is a condition of our spirit...it is also a double edged sword, since the FREE WILL to perpetrate carries with it, the balancing of the action somewhere along the line...ever asked yourself why some people have quite 'easy' lives and others don't?

You really do have a gall, guessing my answer, based on your interpretation of what I am saying, based on responses to the OP.

What I hear you saying, is, that If you do not pronounce the name Jesus in the right manner (which then becomes a problem for those who cannot speak), they are going to hell...do you know how ridiculous and haughty this sounds?

Akushla



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


::Facepalm:: never mind, play your game



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeistMelange
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


::Facepalm:: never mind, play your game

Thank you for your permission. I will continue on with my religion.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 
I'm talking about people who quote the New Testament and insert the Hebrew letters in where it says God and Jesus and then act like you are evil for using the Bible as it is.
If you can not get than, I don't know what to tell you.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by akushla99
 
I'm talking about people who quote the New Testament and insert the Hebrew letters in where it says God and Jesus and then act like you are evil for using the Bible as it is.
If you can not get than, I don't know what to tell you.



So you are just stirring a pot, to stir a pot...and you call this loving?

What I 'read' from you is confusion...

Have a pleasant journey my friend...

Akushla



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 
so long, good by
Right, stirring the pot and you don't need to be judging people and being a hypocrite and check your own self.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Perfect example of how religion is great at starting arguments!

If these crazy religious, my way or highway people were truly as saved as they claimed to be then none of this would be of importance!

blah..

...like who cares!?! Religion shouldn't be about deciding who goes to hell or not.

In my P.O.V. doing that would be a reason to be sent to the great rivers of Fiyaaah.




posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz
 
See how everyone joins in the fun?



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


This is no way fun.

It's sad.

I'm not sure exactly what your intentions are but they don't seem pure.

And your reply was confusing.

But to answer you're proposed question and be productive in this thread.. NO, NO WAY!



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
wow, what a wild idea

how many people have you known in your life with a variation on jesus' name?

Let me introduce you to one....me. There aren't many of us out there(still never met another one in person in my whole life) my name is indeed...Jeshua, sometimes I go by Jesh. To top it off, my mothers name is Mary.

I pronounce my name exactly how it's spelled which is not only incorrect in regards to Hebrew, but also clearly not the standard form of Jesus.

So do you think I'm going to hell? That I'm a demon?



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dannotz
 

I'm not sure exactly what your intentions are but they don't seem pure.
You are joining in, whether or not you think it is cool or fun.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206
 
Have a nice day.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


Demons like me always have a nice day...



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
My Bible says "Jesus", does yours ?
Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?


are you trying to say if a person spells jesus any way other than in english they are spelling it wrong and most likely demon possessed? by this line of reasoning, jesus, mary and joseph will all be in hell for spelling his name in the native tounge of the land they lived in. a little small minded dont you think? if any thing, by your way of looking at it, WE are spelling the name wrong, as english in the form it is in now was not even around. or are you trying to say that english is a special, mystical language? pick up a book on etymology and read up on the progression of languages. english is not a root language. never was. look to things like latin and such for that. there is nothing i hate worse than a person who refuses to use facts to make up their mind about things. gut feelings are no substitute for knowledge.

and while we are on the subject, the bible that you use for your article is a book that was started in; Hebrew, Aramaic, and a host of other languages. are these early believers going to hell for not spelling the name right too? ridiculous theory from the get go. dont spread hate. spread love and compassion. enough w this way of thinking. if your not w me your against me (or believe as you do as the case seems to be) is the best way to divide us against one another. jesus preached love and compassion, and if we took what he said to heart we would never have another war. ever.
edit on 19-9-2011 by notalemming because: additional thoughts added...



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by notalemming
 

there is nothing i hate worse than a person who refuses to use facts to make up their mind about things. gut feelings are no substitute for knowledge.
Thank you for joining the party.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by akushla99
 

I ain't the one spouting the saved, or not-saved schpiel!
You were talking about the unfortunates, with the implication that knowing the name, Jesus was too much to demand.
I was asking how the deaf and dumb are saved, the implication being that they can not hear or say, Jesus.
If this is not how they are saved, then what?
I guess your answer is Jesus is irrelevant and has nothing to do with being saved or not.


No...you have been the one who is quite sure of the saved/not saved issue...i have been responding to your claim that saying the name, indeed, according to you, the proper name, was a requirement for keeping you from a locum you like to call hell.

My response to this, was to question your requirement, since not everyone can hear, see, speak, understand, read, etc etc etc...therefore excluding these people from savedness, to which I responded...UTTER, UTTER, RUBBISH.

And then I proceeded to ask you a series of questions based on what you have written that are procedurally wrong...i.e. That God created everything...but not the devil...didn't get an answer to this one! I know the answer, which I then proceeded to reveal to you...I also asked you how you would describe what happens when humanity, through the glorious gift of FREE WILL, then acts on this FREE WILL...didn't get a satisfactory answer to this one! I know the answer, which I have revealed over a series of posts.

What I have revealed is entirely consistent with ANY cosmology you wish to nominate...

GOD is not a GOD of exclusion...this is NOT the GOD of LOVE...
Any form of exclusion coming from the mouths of men, is spurious and should never be believed. The fact that you would believe that you needed a password to enter heaven is an indication that there is indeed exclusion.
Now...i do believe there is exclusion! But, this exclusion comes about through the FREE WILL to be excluded...at this time, or whenever...because a LOVING GOD allows his creation to respond and react to other creation according to FREE WILL. This precept has never been lifted...it is a condition of our spirit...it is also a double edged sword, since the FREE WILL to perpetrate carries with it, the balancing of the action somewhere along the line...ever asked yourself why some people have quite 'easy' lives and others don't?

You really do have a gall, guessing my answer, based on your interpretation of what I am saying, based on responses to the OP.

What I hear you saying, is, that If you do not pronounce the name Jesus in the right manner (which then becomes a problem for those who cannot speak), they are going to hell...do you know how ridiculous and haughty this sounds?

Akushla


Akushla99, i love what you said here. it is a rare voice of reason in a closed minded world. thank you for an eloquent response to his (as i perceive it) hateful post. the only real thing in my mind that religion has done for us is to cause war, hatred of others who do not follow the beliefs you are TOLD to follow instead of making your own mind up, and pure flat out ignorance. i detest any form of organised religion. if you have to believe in ann imaginary friend in the clouds, then hows bout ya read the lessons on love that is the basis of the christian religion...
again, thank you akushla. thank you very much



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
 


try this link to get a clue about the love aspect of your professed religion. i really cant believe i agree with a preacher... im SOOOO not christian, but he seems to be spreading the LOVE aspect. the truth of what the bible tries to espouse.
www.youtube.com...



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by notalemming
 
Glad you have filled yourself with self satisfaction.



posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by notalemming
 


Cheers notalemming

Akushla



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join