It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
My Bible says "Jesus", does yours ?
Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Where in the Bible does it state this little gem about using OT variants will send you to hell?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Are you for real? now saying the name of Jesus in Hebrew is indication of demon possession?

Please for the sake of your Jesus,and for the sake of what he teaches..please stop the nonsense.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Constitene made this name up out of the 100 gods there were back then. it is Chrisna and Zeuse. No power at all in it. No more than tom and steve.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
Constitene made this name up out of the 100 gods there were back then. it is Chrisna and Zeuse. No power at all in it. No more than tom and steve.

Who? Can you please check your spelling before making a post, this makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
As in Hare Krishna ?
You don't think it came from the Greek word, Christos ?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Still waiting on a answer to my question.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

Where in the Bible does it state this little gem about using OT variants will send you to hell?
That is not in the Bible. It is more of a question really, but I worded it that way as a title for the thread. I wanted to have some sort of discussion on all this Y spelling going on of late, as if we need to make some old testament angel happy.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Are you for real? now saying the name of Jesus in Hebrew is indication of demon possession?

Please for the sake of your Jesus,and for the sake of what he teaches..please stop the nonsense.
So you don't think all this going around saying Yahweh and such is nonsense?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You are aware the Bible is orginally in Hebrew right ? You are aware that Jesus was a Jew right? You are aware that English is not the only spoken or written language right? Most likely not.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Why doesn't the Old and New Testament just learn to get along? Oh my YHWH! Is this for real?
edit on 18-9-2011 by CN1018 because: heh

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
But Jesus proper name is Yeshua in the original hebrew. Jesus is the greek form so if you want to be technical about it, we are the ones who are pronouncing and spelling it wrong.

link   

Originally posted by DJMSN

You are aware the Bible is orginally in Hebrew right ? You are aware that Jesus was a Jew right? You are aware that English is not the only spoken or written language right? Most likely not.
You are thinking of the Old Testament.
The New Testament was written in Greek.

link   

That is not in the Bible. It is more of a question really, but I worded it that way as a title for the thread. I wanted to have some sort of discussion on all this Y spelling going on of late, as if we need to make some old testament angel happy.

I can understand that you have a question... but why go so far as to say they are going to hell?

I have a feeling you regret saying it... so maybe if you change your thread title..(if you still can)..your question will get some answers?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I don't know, but it sure worked for me.

I'm normally a skeptic, but when you see things like that, it kinda changes your opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CN1018
Why doesn't the Old and New Testament just learn to get along? Oh my YHWH! Is this for real?
edit on 18-9-2011 by CN1018 because: heh
There is no "getting along" because they are different agencies and different persons who ran said agencies under different charters.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
YVHV is the Hebrew designation for God because it is their belief that saying the name of Yahweh is prohibited. It is not Jesus' name. Jesus is more correctly Yeshua basically because there was no letter "J" in that language at the time of Jesus(which is the English translation of his name. I do not see the problem

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
But Jesus proper name is Yeshua in the original hebrew. Jesus is the greek form so if you want to be technical about it, we are the ones who are pronouncing and spelling it wrong.
Hebrew was already a dead language in the time of Jesus and preserved by scholars in the schools of Babylon.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I can understand that you have a question... but why go so far as to say they are going to hell?

I have a feeling you regret saying it... so maybe if you change your thread title..(if you still can)..your question will get some answers?
No, I really believe it but of course is only my opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

How is hebrew a dead language when it is spoken by millions today?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join