People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by daikaiju

I think you make my point with your diatribe, so I don't need to comment.

Smartest thing you have said on this entire thread.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

I already showed you how you are wrong from a biblical view, but you deliberately misinterpret the old testament scriptures to suit your own ungodly agenda.
My agenda is to encourage people to be godly so as to be saved. Your agenda says trying to be godly is a sign of lack of faith and will send you to hell.
So I believe my agenda is godly while yours is ungodly.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

Smartest thing you have said on this entire thread.
Right, that your puffed up self importance is self evident and that you have nothing to offer but personal attacks.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So that is what you call it when someone doesn't agree with you and YOUR cult mentality or when you get caught in a blatant lie....a personal attack.

Wow

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I already showed you how you are wrong from a biblical view, but you deliberately misinterpret the old testament scriptures to suit your own ungodly agenda.
My agenda is to encourage people to be godly so as to be saved. Your agenda says trying to be godly is a sign of lack of faith and will send you to hell.
So I believe my agenda is godly while yours is ungodly.

I am yet to see you encourage anyone.

HEB 10:19 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.

You are confusing people by claiming that language is more important than our love, our motives, our faith and our deeds. Claiming that people using the incorrect language to praise Jesus will send them to hell is ungodly and unscriptural. You are trying to strain out a gnat while swallowing a camel.

MT 23:23 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices--mint, dill and cummin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law--justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former. You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

edit on 18-9-2011 by XplanetX because: syntax

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there is no hell..

so we can all relax now..

really..there is no hell....

all made up by men....

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
there is no hell..
so we can all relax now..
really..there is no hell....
all made up by men....
Most of what gets passed off as Hell today is made up.
I can say that there is a leaving behind of this physical body.
It is very silly (in my opinion) to imagine there is not a part of yourself which continues on.
Ordinarily, the spirit is attracted to the crystalline core of the earth.
We are not by ourselves able to break ourselves free of that attraction.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

My Bible says "Jesus", does yours ?
Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

The name Jesus as we know it was actually a misinterpretation because some German theologian was reading the Bible and to translate it into German wrote it as a J because in German, the J is a Y sound. And the KJV was an updated version of the Wycliffe Bible written 300 years prior. John Wycliffe wrote it as Jhesu. Only in English do we use the J and people in England also use the J sound for the letter G.

And in old English fontface, the name of Jesus was Iusus, that was the way it was spelled then. How do I know this? Because you can buy the KJV as a reprint in the original font style. I have seen it. And my parents own a KJV reprint from the 1870s that actually has the Apocrypha still in it.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
reply to post by jmdewey60

So that is what you call it when someone doesn't agree with you and YOUR cult mentality or when you get caught in a blatant lie....a personal attack.
Wow
You have 23 posts on this thread directed towards me, where all you have to contribute is the idea that Hebrew was not a dead language.
So I feel no threat from someone being just a bag of wind.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

You are confusing people by claiming that language is more important than our love, our motives, our faith and our deeds. Claiming that people using the incorrect language to praise Jesus will send them to hell is ungodly and unscriptural. You are trying to strain out a gnat while swallowing a camel.
Here is the sort of thing people will say who support the alternative word to substitute for the New Testament word:
Yahshua means = YAH saves (YAH being the shortened YAHweh)
That's all nice and everything but then you get this leading into making people believe that Jesus actually having this Yahweh sounding name is evidence that God is Yahweh. Some of these promoters will then go another step to say that Jesus was Yahweh, then you end up with this weird amalgamation of various persons from the OT and the NT where ordinary persons have no idea who they are praying to, or why.
It is all circular arguments that end up with people believing in a Jesus who is a genocidal god, back in the days of Moses and Joshua, and then in the future, as this mass murderer of Revelation.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
Why exactly would it mean your going to hell especially if they are all talking about the exact same flippin person? I could never believe in a religion that would send you to hell simply because you used the wrong 'approved' name for a person. What a stupid reason to be sent to hell anyway..
They accept another God.
There is one true God and we know Him in one way, which is through the revelation of the person, Jesus.
The trick of Satan is to lead people away from God by leading them to the angel of Siani and so committing idolatry with a god who is not God.

Interesting, but I disagree. From time to time my mom would be talking to be and call me by my sisters name accidentally. She was however still speaking to me and I knew very well she was. Same thing now that I have kids, I sometimes will mix up one of my boys names, but they know very well that I am speaking to them. No matter what you call him, the son of god, knows he is the one they mean. Just because I got the name wrong didn't mean I was actually speaking of someone else. I'd like to think God is smart enough to know that.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

And in old English fontface, the name of Jesus was Iusus, that was the way it was spelled then.

That is the transliteration of the Greek.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why is this so?

What authority deemed this?

Akushla

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Too bad you understood what I said, backwards. God is not the one with the problem, it is us who are vulnerable to being side tracked into believing someone else is God, someone who has only the power to kill us but no power to save us.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Here is the sort of thing people will say who support the alternative word to substitute for the New Testament word:
Yahshua means = YAH saves (YAH being the shortened YAHweh)
That's all nice and everything but then you get this leading into making people believe that Jesus actually having this Yahweh sounding name is evidence that God is Yahweh. Some of these promoters will then go another step to say that Jesus was Yahweh, then you end up with this weird amalgamation of various persons from the OT and the NT where ordinary persons have no idea who they are praying to, or why.
It is all circular arguments that end up with people believing in a Jesus who is a genocidal god, back in the days of Moses and Joshua, and then in the future, as this mass murderer of Revelation.

I am one of those people who believes that God is able to speak to us no matter what our language is. In China they call him Shangdi,the Chinese people never spoke Hebrew. So I don't think He requires us to learn another language to know Him. We who speak English say Jesus as it is written today. The way some people talk, it is as though people in 1610 could not know God because they did not have the 1611 KJV. My goodness, the entire planet was lost until 1611.

By the way, I grew up with the KJV and it is the primary version that I use. But I am wise enough to understand that other people in other places are just as important to God and for God to reveal Himself to them in the way they speak and understand. I would never say to anyone that the KJV 1611 is the only version to use.

If you say the name John in Spanish it is Juan, in French Jean but they are the same name. We don't force Spanish people to change their name to suit us. And yes Jesus is Jesus in Spanish but pronounced Hey-Soos. Should we make them say it the English way to be legitimate? No.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Why is this so?
Akushla
I don't make the rules.
It is in the Bible. By this name will you be saved.
If you create another person with another name, then worship this idol, and not the true God, then how can you be saved?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

The Spanish pronunciation may be closer to the Greek than the English pronunciation.
You have a good argument about the Chinese. My point would be, lets say you have people go to China and say, "Sorry, but you need to say the Hebrew word because God is the person Moses talked to who was in the burning bush."

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Why is this so?
Akushla
I don't make the rules.
It is in the Bible. By this name will you be saved.
If you create another person with another name, then worship this idol, and not the true God, then how can you be saved?

But which language of the Bible? The Reina Valera? The Louis Segond? When you say Bible to people who speak multiple languages, should you not be able to address them in the language they speak? The whole world does not speak English.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The Spanish pronunciation may be closer to the Greek than the English pronunciation.
You have a good argument about the Chinese. My point would be, lets say you have people go to China and say, "Sorry, but you need to say the Hebrew word because God is the person Moses talked to who was in the burning bush."

That is why God is known as Shangdi and they have ancient writings older than Confucius that is the account of the Biblical flood that has been translated by Chinese scholars.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

If you were to read the thread, you would see someone claiming that the New Testament was written in Hebrew. It wasn't and it was written in Greek to be a universal message to the world. What we find today is the reclaiming of God by the people who claim to own the legacy of the Hebrews. And they do it through the Hebrew language. It is the paganization of Christianity by making it regional and attached to a regional god.

edit on 18-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join