It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Originally posted by daikaiju

Originally posted by Caji316
Constitene made this name up out of the 100 gods there were back then. it is Chrisna and Zeuse. No power at all in it. No more than tom and steve.

Who? Can you please check your spelling before making a post, this makes no sense.

sheesh..... You know emperor Constantine of Ancient Rome, he was the guy that introduced Christianity.
Not that difficult to follow.

Actually Constantine made Christianity a state religion for where he was at. Christianity was already a religion before Constantine was even born. I believe he was the Emperor of Byzantium, which was where the Easter Roman Empire was located.

Constantine was a convert to an already established religion.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX

I have already provided a substantial contribution to the topic using scripture, something that is sorely lacking from yourself.
Most of the scripture you quoted in this thread was in order to personally insult me, such as the sort of thing you are doing now. You have never gotten past this idea that the topic is about a language barrier between cultures.
Hebrew was not a living language in the time of Jesus. Modern Hebrew was invented to be the official state language of Israel. So, using Hebrew in the New Testament has no legitimate use, since it was not used in Jesus' time and New Testaments are burnt in Israel. The only purpose of using Hebrew to substitute in for words in the New Testament is to subvert the religion and to create a new Judaized version of Christianity, leading people back to the old covenant of Sinai that Jesus died to ransom us from and to inaugurate the New Covenant.
I understand you have no use for the New Covenant because you believe that Jesus died to satisfy the Old covenant, so you could not care less if Christianity is subverted, since you already follow such a version now.
edit on 19-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Actually Hebrew was used in Bible times. When Pontius Pilate made the plaque to nail above Jesus' head it was done in Greek, Latin and Hebrew. Aramaic as a language is something to be understood like this...In Germany there are two dialects, one High German and the other Low German. Most Amish people use the form Low German whereas much of Germany uses High German.

Aramaic is not a different language, it is a dialect. Hebrew, Arabic, Aramaic and others spoken in that area are considered Semitic languages. Take for instance the city Tel-Aviv, which is in Israel. The word Aviv is also Abib in Arabic. And the name Be'el-Zebub should really be Ba'al-Zevuv.

And people today in Israel still use the Aramaic dialect but it is not a different language.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

I would say Aramaic is a language which has a lot of dialects. There is a small connection where a few words are shared. Most likely back then, there was a lot of Hebrew words. I think people make a lot of assumptions and most likely Jesus read the Old Testament in Greek translation.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Constantinople gets its name from Constantine. He moved the capital of the Empire to his own city while fighting wars to keep the empire in one piece.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Constitene made this name up out of the 100 gods there were back then. it is Chrisna and Zeuse. No power at all in it. No more than tom and steve.

Who? Can you please check your spelling before making a post, this makes no sense.

sheesh..... You know emperor Constantine of Ancient Rome, he was the guy that introduced Christianity.

Actually, the definitive and most comprehensive book in existence on Christian theology is Romans, not something written by Constantine. Also ACTS declares that the believers at Antioch, Syria were the first to be called "Christians". This was a few hundred years before Constantine legalized Christianity.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Actually Constantine made Christianity a state religion for where he was at.

No, Constantine only legalized Christianity, his 2nd successor made Christianity the state religion of the Roman Empire.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Ok everyone get on topic this is ridiculous and why no one can have an intelligent conversation on this site- if it doesn't fit keep it to yourself. A

Anyway the Bible says Jesus yes, also says everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Almighty God, Emmanuel, ect.... these are all names other than Jesus as well, are these wrong to? They're Words/Names just like Jehovah or Yaweh, what's the difference. The Bible also portrays God as all loving all compassionate you really think by saying Jehoah or Yaweh I'm going to Hell? Come on Great Spirit Yaweh Jehovah Allah whatever it's all God.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

My Bible says "Jesus", does yours ?
Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

The typical closed mind of a religious nut.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My version of God cannot be hurt by words. Also, there are so many Hispanic people with the name Jesus it kind of defuncts this thread.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

Of course to anyone who enjoys lumping all the gods into one, anything I said in this thread would be meaningless, so I was not writing to you specifically, just to people who think it makes a difference which god you worship.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I think you missed the point and it probably makes no difference to you anyway.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Do you watch movies or hear stories where demons are cast out in the name of Jesus?
Do you ever wonder if people who do not say or write, Jesus, but some Hebrew or Aramaic name instead, are demon possessed?

I'll kindly stay out of the debate, but just as a heads up, your *english* bible might say Jesus, but that's after filter through koine greek to latin, to english...I'm not aware of any other steps in there.

As originally written, it was Iesous. Then when the romans/catholic got involved, this changed to Iesus, then finally Jesus with King James and a few others. Does this mean you're going to hell for not using the name as originally given to us?

The reason some use the hebrew variant is that this is likely what he was actually called by his fellow jews (i.e. disciples and earliest christians, as well as the pharisees and the rest of that lot), and this was Yahshua or Yahusha (with some variation on the vowels due to hebrew being hebrew), and this is the equivalent of our modern name Joshua, as well as Joshua from the old testament and an early mis-translation in acts referring to Jesus, when actually discussing Joshua from the old testament (or vice versa, have a hard time remembering without looking that up).

The reason the new testament was written in greek and we ended up with the transliterated "Jesus" is hellenization, the civilized world was typically using kione greek as the common language and the gospels of course had to be understandable by the widest range of people possible. I'm pretty sure if you find some of the older aramaic or hebrew gospels, the name "Jesus" probably won't appear.

So in closing - the "original namers" are doing the best they can to be as true as possible (and the name Yahushua was also foretold in the OT as the name of messiah - in Zechariah - and maintains the meaning of the name as given to Mary by the angel: Yah = Yahweh, 'shua = salvation, thus Yahweh saves or "the LORD our righteousness"), so I would suggest it's unwise to condemn these to hell or even jest about such things when they're closer to using an actual name as given at the time than you are, unless you start calling him Iesous.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

The typical closed mind of a religious nut.
If you don't care about Jesus, whatever I say about him would not cause you concern.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Let me assure you I am not jesting.
Witchcraft is based on Hebrew letters, so this is just a sneaky way to get people demon possessed.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

I'll kindly stay out of the debate, but just as a heads up, your *english* bible might say Jesus, but that's after filter through koine greek to latin, to english...I'm not aware of any other steps in there.

As originally written, it was Iesous. Then when the romans/catholic got involved, this changed to Iesus, then finally Jesus with King James and a few others. Does this mean you're going to hell for not using the name as originally given to us?

You're mostly correct, yet as I linked earlier, the 1611 KJB also used the transliterated Greek "Iesus", later additions of English Bibles moved to the Latinized form of Yahshua/Iesous.

Gospel of Luke ~ 1611 KJB

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The only reason I lump thoose names together is because they are the same God. all those religions come from the same region of the world albeit at different times but they are all linked- do some research go way back in time . Jesus was right and he proclaimed God's name in all the right ways but who's to say Mohammed didn't, maybe we don't need this mediator between us and God so it doesn't matter what we call Jesus I'm refuting your idea that it's wrong to call Jesus by other names maybe it's wrong to call God other names but there are different languages in the world, so of course we're going to have different names for God.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

Go ahead and refute me and that's ok because i consider you a lost cause and have no interest in debating that. I realize I do not hold the popular view and you make more friends if you share gods or something. I doubt you would have a good reception in Muslim countries or in Israel.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Maybe I'm just foggy from sleep, but I think you got that backwards - if you look at the linked file (I *love* EliYah.com, by the way, thanks) which I'm assuming is from the 1611 KJV, it's got Iesus, which I believe is the latinized version, with Iesous preceding in the original greek (Strong's G2424 - Iēsous).

Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to say? Apologies if so...short on sleep again. Be well and thanks again, I'd made everyone bookmark EliYah's site if possible and I'm in the fellowship finder.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Lost cause? isn't your faith supposed to be based on spreading God's word? I grew up CRC i get your point about Jesus name,and I'm saying you're wrong. but the fact that you just me off as not worth the time is a little suspect don't you think, you don't even have anything to say, not even going to try. How can it only be Jesus and Jesus alone the Bible itself refers to him by 3 names, maybe I don't get your point- what is your point?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Well in your cult, i'm sure that may be the case, i wonder if youre demon posessed believing the lies you do. "Jesus" is the english version adopted from the greek version "lesus". Jesus was not an englishman, and despite what many white people think Jesus does not have female like long hair and pretty blue eyes and he is not white. The true rendition of Christ's name is the hebrew Yeshua or Yehoshua.

In any case i'm sure the Lord knows who youre refering to whatever name you use when you pray to Him. Despite what you might think God is not a moron.
edit on 19-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join