It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by XplanetX

You are confusing people by claiming that language is more important than our love, our motives, our faith and our deeds. Claiming that people using the incorrect language to praise Jesus will send them to hell is ungodly and unscriptural. You are trying to strain out a gnat while swallowing a camel.
Here is the sort of thing people will say who support the alternative word to substitute for the New Testament word:
Yahshua means = YAH saves (YAH being the shortened YAHweh)
That's all nice and everything but then you get this leading into making people believe that Jesus actually having this Yahweh sounding name is evidence that God is Yahweh. Some of these promoters will then go another step to say that Jesus was Yahweh, then you end up with this weird amalgamation of various persons from the OT and the NT where ordinary persons have no idea who they are praying to, or why.
It is all circular arguments that end up with people believing in a Jesus who is a genocidal god, back in the days of Moses and Joshua, and then in the future, as this mass murderer of Revelation.

Your approach reminds me of the same people that confronted Jesus in his day.

MT 23:13 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

MT 23:1b But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

You are insinuating that people can only worship God using the ancient Greek language. You are creating a stumbling block for people that want to have a relationship with God. Repent.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Your approach reminds me of the same people that confronted Jesus in his day
I would say the exact same thing about people who promote saying all these things which were written in Greek, in Hebrew, just because they think it should be that way to fit the Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Your approach reminds me of the same people that confronted Jesus in his day
I would say the exact same thing about people who promote saying all these things which were written in Greek, in Hebrew, just because they think it should be that way to fit the Old Testament.

Their argument is just as flawed as your own.

It is a case of the blind leading the blind.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
Why is this so?
What authority deemed this?
Akushla
I don't make the rules.
It is in the Bible. By this name will you be saved.
If you create another person with another name, then worship this idol, and not the true God, then how can you be saved?

Do you mean, like create a devil/satan and anti-worship this idol?

It wasn't good enough for man to split the word of God into different religions, split those religions into sects, split those sects into cults...now, the correct name must be known to be saved!

What unmitigated audacity, perpertrated by the mouths of men.
The judge is the judge!
If you are fine with that...and you know the true name...then you are saved...and all the little monkeys that don't know are not!

So...you'll tell us this name and stop the game playing...cos there'd be a few million christians who are thinking that they are already saved for some other reason...make sense much?

Akushla

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's terrible.

Come back, don't go.. !

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here is a passage that illustrates how God himself can help us overcome our language barriers when it is necessary:

AC 2:1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

AC 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs--we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

God understands any human language because he can read our hearts and minds like an open book, the language we use to communicate is irrelevant.

PR 21:2 All a man's ways seem right to him,
but the LORD weighs the heart.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Just read the Bible, then you know the name.
What I am getting at is there seems to be a new hypothetical Bible in people's head and you can hang out with them to learn the secrets and gain esoteric knowledge. It is all just words and letters and numbers but they stand for and invoke ancient demons, the ones that Jesus came to drive out of people.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
But Jesus proper name is Yeshua in the original hebrew. Jesus is the greek form so if you want to be technical about it, we are the ones who are pronouncing and spelling it wrong.

No, Jesus is the Latinized version of the Greek "Iesus". In the 1611 KJB the translators simply transliterated His name in Greek in that Bible, the skipped the Latinized rendering altogether.

Gospel of Luke ~ 1611 KJB

His Hebrew name is Yahshua, which in English is "Joshua".

Yahshua in Hebrew means "YAH saves" or "YHWH saves".

The New Book of Knowledge demonstrates that the I was derived from the Hebrew "yothe." The yothe is the same Hebrew letter that begins Yahweh's Name. It also begins the Savior's Name Yahsha. The sound of the yothe is "ee" or "eh." (More on the sacred Name later in this booklet.)
The printing press soon replaced the laborious copying by scribes the longhand editions of the Bible. The initial copies of the King James Version did not use the letter J for the Savior's Name. No evidence has come to light that shows the letter I ever had the consonantal sound of the letter J. This is shown in the New Funk and Wagnall Encyclopedia:
Not until the middle of the 17th century did this usage become universal in English books; in the King James Bible of 1611 for example, the words Jesus and judge are invariably Iesus and iudge.
This is corroborated by the authoritative Oxford English Dictionary concerning the letter J, "The J j types are not used in the Bible of 1611...."

No J

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Same thing I keep telling you, it is not a deficiency of God. It is a tendency for idolatry in men.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

Here is a passage that illustrates how God himself can help us overcome our language barriers when it is necessary:

AC 2:1 When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

AC 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven. When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language. Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans? Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs--we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!" Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"

God understands any human language because he can read our hearts and minds like an open book, the language we use to communicate is irrelevant.

PR 21:2 All a man's ways seem right to him,
but the LORD weighs the heart.

I say Jesus when I pray simply because that it the name I was introduced to Him by. Whatever name people in other countries understand Him by is within their relationship with Him. I have no right to to tell them differently. So the OP should ask himself this, what about deaf and mute people? They can't speak and yet they are loved just as much. Jewish people call God HaShem and I am ok with that.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

What I am getting at is there seems to be a new hypothetical Bible in people's head and you can hang out with them to learn the secrets and gain esoteric knowledge. It is all just words and letters and numbers but they stand for and invoke ancient demons, the ones that Jesus came to drive out of people.

Ahh yes...and all those poor, of feeble mind, and all those of different language, and all the unfortunates who are less than conscious, and all those who have not learned to read etc etc...will not be saved...

Utter, utter tripe
What you are spouting is demonic in nature!
Watch your pride and your ego does not stand before your spirituality.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

How ARE they saved?
You tell me.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

How ARE they saved?
You tell me.

By faith.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

How ARE they saved?
You tell me.

I ain't the one spouting the saved, or not-saved schpiel!

I do not believe in 'original sin'.
I do not believe in the devil...except as a manufactured thoughtform of man, which becomes an energy that takes on a life of its own, fuelled by religious zealots who judge who will be saved and who will not, as if they were the judge and know the mind of GOD.

You see...all this is created by the double edged sword of the glorious gift of FREE WILL.

A loving GOD, who has given his little flames as much time as they like, in whatever manner they like, through as many lifetimes as they like to experience his creation and make thier way back to him. UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

Yes...there are rules. Rules which govern the physical world. And since we are made from the dust of the ground, the atomic slime from which all physical things are made, we are beholden to these rules.
But, the spirit is not held so...

Jesus, his only begotten Son, sent down to set things straight, restate the rules of the spirit...said one very telling phrase...
Do as I do...not as I say.

By thier deeds shall they be known...not by what they say!

Talking is not doing.

Akushla

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Ahh yes...and all those poor, of feeble mind, and all those of different language, and all the unfortunates who are less than conscious, and all those who have not learned to read etc etc...will not be saved...

Utter, utter tripe
What you are spouting is demonic in nature!
Watch your pride and your ego does not stand before your spirituality.

Akushla

Is the OP talking about Khabbala? That has been around for a long time. It is just a form of Jewish mysticism. Even the Hindus believe Jesus is the 10th reincarnation of Krishna. So if the Hindus call on the 10th reincarnation of Krishna, are they saved also according the theory of the OP?

You bring up a good point, remember Terry Schaivo? As she lay in her vegetative state still able to comprehend those around her she was unable to say the name Jesus and yet responded to the rosary prayers of her family. I believe that in the part of her brain that was not damaged she trusted God and communed with Him in her heart when she was unable to say a word.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

You were talking about the unfortunates, with the implication that knowing the name, Jesus was too much to demand.
I was asking how the deaf and dumb are saved, the implication being that they can not hear or say, Jesus.
If this is not how they are saved, then what?
I guess your answer is Jesus is irrelevant and has nothing to do with being saved or not.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Jesus, his only begotten Son, sent down to set things straight, restate the rules of the spirit...said one very telling phrase...
Do as I do...not as I say.

By thier deeds shall they be known...not by what they say!

Talking is not doing.

Akushla

I wasn't aware Jesus actually said that..

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Those with ears to hear let them hear..?

Sorry, I know, not funny.

edit on 19-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

You were talking about the unfortunates, with the implication that knowing the name, Jesus was too much to demand.
I was asking how the deaf and dumb are saved, the implication being that they can not hear or say, Jesus.
If this is not how they are saved, then what?
I guess your answer is Jesus is irrelevant and has nothing to do with being saved or not.

They are saved by faith. People can say Jesus all day long...in fact when cursing they say Jesus H. Christ (forgive me Lord). So just saying a name means nothing. Faith in the person of Jesus is the saving grace. I don't have faith in His name, I have faith in Him.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Who is, Him, the person in the Bible?
What I am saying is there is another Jesus being taught who is not in the Bible but they have a convincing rhetoric to go with it, along with a different name.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join