It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam, Christanity and Judisam.....What is the difference?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Again you dodge the question by throwing out a BS meaningless phrase, I have Faith its just not in what YOU believe in so therefor to YOU it doesnt count.

Quit trying to change the subject and answer the question o wise one

This is getting boring

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Faith!

Its not a trick. Not a secret. You can't buy it and it has nothing to do with anyone else but you.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by looking4clues
Faith!

Its not a trick. Not a secret. You can't buy it and it has nothing to do with anyone else but you.

Its also a freaking cop out

They have Faith in there religion too

I will repeat this slowly for you

HOW IS YOUR FAITH DIFFERENT THEN THEIRS?

How does it make you right and them wrong?

How about a stright answer this time

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Faith!

Its also a freaking cop out

They have Faith in there religion too

I will repeat this slowly for you

HOW IS YOUR FAITH DIFFERENT THEN THEIRS?

How does it make you right and them wrong?

How about a stright answer this time

hmmm... ever been in love? Can you "prove" love? No, but you know when you are in love, and you can do everything you can to persuade your love to who you are in love with. Now it is up to her to have faith and believe you. When she professes love to you, it is Faith that lets you believe her.

As far as me proving God's existance to you, I cannot. Just like I cannot prove Love. But you continue to demand physical proof, and at the same time claim you have faith too. It doesn't add up.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I see none. All three are self destructive, all three promote racism, all three promote lies and hipocracy, and all three promote greed and control of others. They take the meaningful words of profits and corrupt people to fallow to the faith blindly. These religion served their purpose in the past now is the time to evolve out of ignorance. I'm beginning to see who the true destroyer is; it�s these three accursed religions. They divide us , pit each other against one and in the end profit from all the madness they bring.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
I see none. All three are self destructive, all three promote racism, all three promote lies and hipocracy, and all three promote greed and control of others. They take the meaningful words of profits and corrupt people to fallow to the faith blindly. These religion served their purpose in the past now is the time to evolve out of ignorance. I'm beginning to see who the true destroyer is; it�s these three accursed religions. They divide us , pit each other against one and in the end profit from all the madness they bring.

Maybe you are correct opus.. maybe Christianity should shut down all their Schools, churches, universities, drug treatment centers, Hospitals, and charities. And promote the ALMIGHTY DOLLAR! what do you think?

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hmm suppose you got me there. I'm just in a very bitter mood today. But you would admit that there�re many people within these three religions that care not for the people but their own self graduation and bigotry.

Im the first to admit that there are logic and moral teaching within all three. It just seems overall, the corrupted people the control.

[edit on C:Thuocu08e8 by Opus]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

As far as me proving God's existance to you, I cannot. Just like I cannot prove Love. But you continue to demand physical proof, and at the same time claim you have faith too. It doesn't add up.

It is not about proving the existence of God.
It is about something else.
How can you be so sure that your version of God worship is the right one, and all others are wrong? How can you prove that? The way you feel about your religion is the way somebody else feels about theirs. There is no proof there, you can't offer us PROOF that your religion is the only right one. That is the point here.
The only thing you have is your belief that you are walking the right path. Others have the same belief in their religion. So, all are equal in that aspect.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by paperclip]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Hmm suppose you got me there. I'm just in a very bitter mood today. But you would ambit that there�re many people within these three religions that care not for the people but their own self graduation and bigotry.

Im the first to admit that there logic and moral teaching within all three. It just seems overall, the corrupted people control these religions.

Picture the US federal Govt without the benefits it gets from Christianity. Replace the schools & hospitals and deal with the added lawlessness. Can you say collapse? Everyone wants to demonize christianity in favor of the poor little atheist who can only really benefit from shared values and morals, but hes in danger of thinking there is a God.

Study Iran,... then compare. (In 2004 A Drug treatment center in Iran is a Sword.)

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
looking4clues

Very true point taken .I was being way too harsh.

By the way I aint no soulless Athiest.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hmmm....whats the difference in these religions? Absolutely nothing...

There can only be one truth no matter how people worship it, or what they call it. Either there is an "it" or there is not an "it". If "it" comes in a polytheistic form or monotheistic form "it" is still "it". Maybe this is a little unclear, but human labeling is just that...a human thing.

There is only one truth, but its up to people to find that truth. Therein lies the differences. Some believe the truth is one thing and some believe it is another, but essentially the plethora of ideas is of the same "thing".

Hope this makes sense, because the more I think about it the whole concept of religion is flawed and makes little sense. How can anyone truely know the truth, if the truth is out of current human capabilities? We have still yet to barely travel our solar system, much less the universe and our very own unsophisticated nature negates the possibility of ever understanding the "spiritual" world fully.

We humans are still at a very young age. Thus, come back in a million or more years of our development and ask this question again...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Hmmm....whats the difference in these religions? Absolutely nothing...

In 2004 a Drug Treatment center in Iran is a Sword.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

In 2004 a Drug Treatment center in Iran is a Sword.

www.washingtonpost.com...

"Iran's strict drug laws were amended five years ago to allow drug abusers to seek treatment from government or licensed private treatment centers. Although addiction remains a crime, addicts can be exempt from prosecution while undergoing treatment." Quote from Washingtion Post.

Where is there proof of death because of Drug use? If you find a credible source I would believe you, but I need to see some proof. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by PublicGadfly
Chistians have NEVER killed in the name of their god.

MANY claiming to be have.

Couldnt you say the same about the Muslim Fanitics? The Muslims I know are ashamed by their actions

Probably could. While I have read their holy book and some writings relating to their religion I don't claim to understand it.

Many claim fundamentalism is the cause of modern day Islamic terror. I know this sounds good (to the ear) but I don't know if this is correct.

I have read a fair amount about Mohammed and it seems to me that he used force to create followers. Now he (Mohammed) as the founder of that religion has much to say about its general beliefs.

However, much like Christ he is not here to assist in understanding of present day beliefs. Every cause or belief started somewhere with someone. Man being man even the most tender or most noble of beliefs can become twisted and abused.

Christ was a dissident, he was a revolutionary. His revolution was for "the soul of man." He did not preach physical harm to others, even those that refused to believe. Christ preached individual and collective responsibility. If someone is uncomfortable with the concept of 'love for one another' then 'deep and honest caring for the welfare of others' will probably suffice.

Someone brought up killing in the name of God- neither Christ nor his true followers did or would ever do that. One need only look to the story of the Garden-

Joh 18:10 Simon Peter therefore, having a sword, drew it, and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus.
Joh 18:11 Jesus therefore said to Peter, "Put the sword into its sheath. The cup which the Father has given me, shall I not surely drink it?

Even Christ's most trusted followers sometimes lost their way. Neither would they (Christians) take that which is not theirs, nor cheat, nor commit falsehood.

Someone brought up in this thread that Christianity, Judaism and Islam all have the same god- that all sprung from Abraham. I disagree with this. While all can easily claim lineage �through� Abraham, the god of Abraham was in existence long before Abraham. Abraham was the physical founder, the patriarch of the peoples that later became �Jews� and �Arabs.� God was and is, the alpha and the omega.

God exists for ALL mankind- this is Christ's message. Christ is the door for all, not just a chosen few. What a concept!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I see none. All three are self destructive, all three promote racism, all three promote lies and hipocracy, and all three promote greed and control of others. They take the meaningful words of profits and corrupt people to fallow to the faith blindly. These religion served their purpose in the past now is the time to evolve out of ignorance.

Not entirely true. You can look at this argument in the same way as the firearms dispute - Gun don't kill people. People kill people.
Religion works much the same way. On it's own, religion is not a destructive force. It needs men to make it either destructive or pacifist.

The problem is one of evolution. In all three religions, you have fundamentalists who interpret their own version and make things hard for those who don't look at things their way. The vast majority of Muslims, Christians and Jews are no different from each other in that they don't believe in murdering in the name of their god. The problem is that some still revert back to the tribal scriptures and find reason there to carry out violence.

Religion followed peacefully can actually be a very fulfilling part of life. Finding ones spirituality can give one a sense of belonging in the world which seldom gives cause to harm others. By destroying religion, you destroy the only opportunity that the vast majority of peaceful people on this planet have to get in touch with their gods.

Religion needs to evolve even further. It's not a case of destroying it - it's a case of re-adapting and re-interpreting. This isn't something that may never happen so the future isn't all doom and gloom. History tells us that religions evolve given time.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Leveller...very good post indeed! I can't say that I find one thing wrong with what you said. Put into the hands of evil seeking humans makes any religion flawed, but in its natural form any religion can be interpreted for the good.

Very, very well said!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

If the religions themselves don't acknowledge the devil as a demi-god, then they aren't
open to charges of polytheism.

Ahh...but the religion itself never refers to the "Trinity" as such other... I'm not calling it polytheistic for how it's interpreted, I'm calling it as it is stated in it's own book...hehe...

It's really just semantics though....

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Ahh...but the religion itself never refers to the "Trinity" as such other... I'm not calling it polytheistic for how it's interpreted, I'm calling it as it is stated in it's own book...hehe...

It's really just semantics though....

Heh. I just can't resist a pedantic reply.

Trinity

\Trin"i*ty\, n. [OE. trinitee, F. trinit['e], L. trinitas, fr. trini three each. See Trinal.] 1. (Christian Theol.) The union of three persons (the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost) in one Godhead, so that all the three are one God as to substance, but three persons as to individuality.

2. Any union of three in one; three units treated as one; a triad, as the Hindu trinity, or Trimurti.

As you can see, the three become one. They may have started out as three individuals but the end product is just a singular.
Rather like gathering a bucket of raindrops. In the end it's all water.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Where is there proof of death because of Drug use? If you find a credible source I would believe you, but I need to see some proof. Thanks!

I am wrong about the user, its the traffikers of Saudi Arabia, my apologies to the Iranian Drug users!

In Turn I would like you to back up your claim there is "absolutely nothing" differentiating the 3 religions.

[edit on 26-8-2004 by looking4clues]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by leveller
Religion needs to evolve even further. . . .

I disagree with this. To agree would be to say (in other words) that religion is incorrect and unfinished. Understanding needs to occur, not evolution.

. . .he problem is that some still revert back to the tribal scriptures and find reason there to carry out violence.

I disagree with this statement. Christianity looks for and finds no reason(s) for violence.

. . . in its natural form any religion can be interpreted for the good.

Understanding, not interpretation. Interpretation is where the differences and problems occur.

I am unclear as to what you refer to when you say �natural form.�

Originally posted by Gazrok
. . . but the religion itself never refers to the "Trinity" as such other... I'm not calling it polytheistic for how it's interpreted, I'm calling it as it is stated in it's own book . . .

Of all three religions, from what I know, I agree.

It's really just semantics . . .

I disagree. It (trinity) is far more than semantics, it is conceptual.

Mat 12:32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither in this age, nor in that which is to come.

Luk 1:35 The angel answered her, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one who is born from you will be called the Son of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join