It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many people around you are feeling sick or out of energy?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's allergy season, schools back in - and never, ever underestimate THAT as a way that illness spreads- especially Upper Respiratory Infections and sore throats!!!!!

Also, it's stress. Pure and simple. What is it now? 1 in 7 on food stamps and that means 1 in 7 are so poor they can't afford JACK. Then they have to listen to people say it is because they don't work.

My perspective: When you are POOR, you work harder than ever- maybe not for someone else,but just to get by.
It's only getting worse.

And it's happened fast- too fast for a lot of people to be able to adjust.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
do you mean all my 40 and 50 plus friends who have been smoking cigarettes for the past 30 years, don't eat right, are stressed out in their jobs and have been for the last 20 years? the same ones who never get enough exercise?

the ones who worry themselves all day long about how they are gonna meet their morgages this month, worry about their looks, worry about their kids?

or how about my doctor and lawyer friends, the ones who after 20 years are still paying of that quarter of a million dollars worth of college debt?, and are staring down the barrel of another student loan for their kid(s)? you mean them people?

they all feel sick and out of energy.

and they can't wait for December 21, 2012, so they can get some rest.

just sayin...

edit on 9-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I got hammerd with congestion two days ago, still all blockd up, short of breath. Cant say much about being fatigued, ive been poppin as many valiums as the days got hours though, so the empiricism of that data may be skewed somewhat. But aye, know quite a few people who have come down with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I have been feeling just as you described for a couple of weeks now.
I chalked it up to allergies, which I have.

I take prescription allergy pills in the fall, and have taken the same type for over a decade, yet this year, they are not touching my symptoms.
I have even started doubling up my dosage, still to no avail.

Very interesting that you bring this up.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
yes we are the same maybe its fallout from the volcanic ash thats finally comming down after traversing the world
imo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by trilogy111

I had it for 2 months straight! After finally getting over it and having a week of feeling absolutely great, the week after it got worse the throat came back like razors but below my adams apple which ive never felt a paint that low in my throat, but to swallow or cough was excruciating. Then the following days my whole body started aching all over and i couldnt even move out of bed, after that i started feeling nauseous and headaches, but went to the doctor and he said it wasnt the flu he didnt know what it was. and still today im feeling better, but coughing like crazy still im convinced its something in the air, I wash my hands wayy to often, use a sinus rinse every morning and evening and clean it between uses. Something isnt right.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I will say that something was going around. Some kind of summer flu. I had it about a month and a half ago and I was ill for about three weeks long. Still have a lingering cough but I seem to have gotten past the worst of it. I just kept taking my vitamins and I used the juicer a lot for fresh fruit and vegetable juice. That all seemed to help. Hope you feel better.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Well I'm doing pretty good. Allergies usually affect me this time of year but it hasn't been that bad so far. I see the forecast calls for high pollen weed tomorrow so I'll see how that goes. One of my much older relatives is feeling tired though. She shook the hand of a sick person in church a few weeks ago. I did not. I just gave him a peace sign. I didn't want his germs or get sick. Sick people should stay home and not go to church and shake hands. However a lot of people aren't that bright and continue to spread disease and misery by going to church sick and then they want to get others sick too by shaking hands.

I would be doing even better if I was making better stock trades but I guess you can't win them all. At least I am way ahead of the market averages this year. Buy and hold is for the birds. 401K investment advisors don't want any of their investors to make more money than they are. This year is easy if you just kept the money in cash or money market. Europe should have defaults or a break up or new currencies sooner or later. I'm waiting for it to happen. I'm on vacation for 3 days next week so I'm doing pretty good right now.
edit on 9/9/11 by orionthehunter because: this comment line is stupid and adds nothing of value IMO.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
So now common ailments are preemptive signs of a pandemic? Come on, I would be more concerned if people were actually exhibiting some serious signs of pandemic like symptoms. Not things that can be related to any number of things. Seems everybody is just waiting...just HOPING for some disaster to happen, so they can be set free from their very boring lives.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I had to double-check the datesvon these posts because I thought at first this was a thread resurrected from last year. This time last year is when my family and some of my neighbors came down with severe respiratory ailments that lingered for months. It sounds like the same sorts of complaints are making a comeback. So far in this region I haven't noticed a resurgence. Everyone so far seems okay where I live. I hope that will continue to be the case. My daughter and my neighbor's son suffered badly last year and missed a lot of school. The boy even needed surgery to clear the infection in his sinuses.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This has happened twice in my little town last time was about 2 months ago, it was weird because both times I never got it all my family did but me all i had was runny nose now and then but i do get that in cold weather, my brother was terrible he would just cough pretty much all day and just be in his room all day sitting down instead of going out and his lifestyle is very healthy he plays football and does lots of weights and just to mention it wasn't just my family most of the town had it most had it in my school all my friends had it was like a flu/cold/coughing fit like symptoms and not long before the second time it happened they had to shut the water off for like 10 hours to change the water or something which gets me wondering what was the water like before was it worst or is it even worst now

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I've been discovering there is a LOT of fungal lung infections going around. The spores are quite durable and spread via the wind. They don't respond to antibiotics and they can whack your energy a lot. They tend to sneak in and start with a kind of scratchy but not really painful throat, then it starts spreading around your respiratory system and before you know it, you're hacking and hacking with lots of flem, and it's deep and starts feeling like your lungs are filling up with liquid. I was always so tired I could hardly drag myself out of bed but laying in bed often made the cough worse.

I had my first occurrence about two years ago and being the alternate healing modality freak I am, I started going down my list of herbs that I've found to be helpful. First was Goldenseal root.. it did help a tiny bit but not nearly enough, so not a bacteria. (this will help with Strep throat though
)

On to Echinacea purpurea root... didn't help at all, so not a virus. Tried them together, didn't help much. I also have a electro-magnetic pulser that is part of the Dr. Bob Beck protocol that is super wham-o-dyne on both virus and bacteria (like magic really) and I was using that too, but it almost seemed to make it worse. (Had a friend use it on her really severe case of 'could hardly breath it hurt so bad' strep throat and within an hour she was pain free, and she's not had another strep infecton since although prior to that she was getting one every month or so)

So I started reading up on what what else it might be... all that seemed left was fungal, so I did a bit of research on herbs that were effective against fungal stuff, and discovered Olive leaf extract and oil of oregano.

I tried the oil of oregano first.. it helped with the lung problem really well, but I still kept having a lot of sinus problems. After about a month, I finally figured out that the sinus issues were actually an allergic reaction to the Oregano and when I stopped taking it, the sinus stuff went away too. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure things out... but I don't stop until I do!

I was ok for 6 or so months then I noticed that scratchy tickly feeling creeping in again. So, took me a few days of goldenseal root and echinacea not working much to remember.. oh yah, this might be that fungus again! So this time I bought a bottle of olive leaf extract and started doing a couple capsules every hour or so (best to do so with a hot beverage to help catalyze the herbs). Within a hour, the symptoms were lessening, and by the next morning they were gone.

I noticed my sweetie seemed to be having the same symptoms a while back, although not nearly as severe. I gave him a couple olive leaf extract, and that was all it took. His symptoms were gone within a couple hours.

So now if I feel that creeping tickling feeling starting in my throat (it doesn't hurt or burn like a bacterial infection), I grab some olive leaf extract and whack the fungus before it has a chance to spread. One or two doses usually is all that is needed to stop it in it's tracks.

The medical industry doesn't have any really effective meds for the fungus though, and it seems like they might be in denial about how prevalent that kind of infection is becoming. I had a friend who they thought had valley fever (that is a fungal infection for sure) and all they could or would do was give him steroids. Not such a good idea, if you ask me!

So, I might suggest giving Olive Leaf Extract a try. It can't hurt, and it may help.
Of course you can always give Echinaca purpurea a try---it whacks virus really well, although usually a cold-type virus doesn't linger like a bacterial or fungal infection will.

Anyway good luck!

Oh, and my sweetie is a radiation control technician at the Naval shipyard here, who was doing swabs for the Japan radiation stuff at least twice a day for a month or more after the event (we live in Bremerton WA) and he says that even at it's worst, it barely was registering here. And now, they aren't testing anymore because they found there wasn't enough making it over here to even register on their equipment. He said the scale on those 'radiation simulations' was measuring extremely small levels---and consequently was significantly over exaggerating the problem. Not to mention that TPTB all want us really afraid.. so any information that can be used that way, probably is.

But of course if you're throwing even a tiny amount in on top of an already overwhelmed immune system, it isn't going to be helpful.

edit on 10-9-2011 by DragonriderGal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

yeah, maybe there has been a lot of draining of our energies at present.... i have felt lack of energy and been tired of late... not sleeping too well either.... but i have had probs with sleep for quite a while....

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

I'm doing OK but it's my ladyfriend whos been out of energy... She was the Energizer Bunny but lately out of steam !!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Me and a friend got colds at exactly the same time and then had migraines at about the same time. I made mine go away with lemon skin to the head but I can't get the cough to go away it's been probably 2 weeks. There's also still some pressure in my head like the migraine is threatening to come back but it doesn't. Also everyone in my family has had a cold and headaches at some point recently. It does seem like something's up but I can't count out that it might just be coincidence.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

Just putting in from Big Sky Country (Montana, USA) I have been noticing some of the same things here, about 1/2 of my coworkers have some flu-like symptoms. In fact, my boss took vacation time because of how sick she was, my wife has a sinus infection with some bronchial issues as well. My neighbor and many of her friends are sick.

About the only person that is not showing anything but expected allergy symptoms is me, and according to most doctors, I should be one of the first to get sick if anything respiratory is going around. I am asplenic and am 'supposed' to be sick most of the time, although this has never showed other than instead of almost never being sick, I will get a cold or flu about once a year.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

I am completely out of energy. Strange..this hasn't happened to me any time before. My interests too are getting narrowed down to this site and nothing else. I think its a symptom of something that is about to occur.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I dont know about respiratory problems but I have certainly come down with a lot more small bouts of illness and sickness this year. Im normally quite a healthy person and lead a semi active lifestyle but for some reason this year my energy levels seem to be permanently depleted and on about 6 occasions I've had 24 hour/48 hour bouts where Ive had awful headaches,vomiting,sore throat,extreme fatigue and problems controlling my temperature(either red hot and sweating or cold to the point of shaking)....It may just be an unlucky year in terms of picking viruses and bugs up,there could be an underlying problem the Doc aint picked up on, it could be the fact that Im getting older(mid thirties) and when your younger in your teens and twenties you just shake these things off and get on with it, or there could be something in what your saying,the OP certainly caught my eye and in parts related to how Ive been feeling and thinking. I do wonder what were doing to the planet,as the research and reports that come out are so contradictory that you cant seem to get a balanced view on radiation,global warming,overuse of antibiotics,germ mutation and the possibility of chemtrails!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
trying to get mine back. picked up a few pounds i lost back, still have more to go but feel better. even with my fluctuating emotions, i do not feel as though i'm being attacked which is the case when i can't eat.

when i can't eat, i feel like something is trying to kill me, like it's got me by the throat and is slashing at my guts. it's more common around other people. i feel i have to get away from them, process their garbage they spread around MY path, sweep and flush it away... then i can start rebuilding positive energy of my own that i am responsible for... and eventually integrate my meditative and functional states. around parasitic energy so much energy is used starving out that kind of energy as it is spread to you.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

No I haven't noticed anything unusual in the sky, but this has been something ongoing for a month now. At least for me. But that being said...mostly cloudy and rain with the sun breaking through here and there, so far this week...so hard to see the sky. Week before was hot and humid, week before than...about the same....a few nice days mixed in, but not really good sky watching weather. Cloudy, rain and fog again this morning actually.

Of course with the rain......that could be harboring a number of nasty things as these storms pick up and move across the states....just look at where they have been and where they go.
edit on 10-9-2011 by bw_drum because: additonal material

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join