It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Back when George Dubya was in office, shortly after 9/11/2001, he made it clear that its not a question of "if" we will get attacked again - but "when".
So, after a decade, we have had how many "credible" threats that don't amount to a hill of beans. So if we cut out all the bogus warnings and just heeded Bushs statement back when it was fresh, these warnings become nothing more than scare tactics. What was needed to be said has been said and should make these advanced warnings unnecessary.
But of course, they continue. Be afraid people - very afraid

In other words, reminding the public of the possibility of terrorism is redundant and causes unnecessary panic.
Yet when it comes to free speech, the government will quickly remind us that you cant scream FIRE in a crowded theater.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by Vitchilo

Here's your Iran connection...

The report said the suspected terrorists are believed to have embarked on their journey to America from Afghanistan, taking a route that took them through at least one other country, "possibly Iran." Link

So, now 3 players and counting - Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan

edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

"suspected terrorists are believed to have embarked on their journey to America from Afghanistan, "

thats so stupid,,

"embarked on their journey to America from Afghanistan",,,ten years ago?

there are hundreds already in america,, who would do it, once given the order,,
too validate a threat of this type by ,, calling in the help,, just stupid,
tactics.

edit on 8-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
So, I guess that Middle eastern/Arabian americans are going to become a target of prejudice and possible racial attack all the while celebrating freedom

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Well hey.. what better way to bring Obama's approval rating back up than to unify the people again against a common enemy... again?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I call BS. This was a well-timed release of unconfirmed speculation of a possible threat. This is the same threat that exists on any given day of the week.
In other words this was purposely released right after the big O’s jobless speech to distract from any response that was sure to come from the GOP.
It’s all games and deceptions that are being played out on the American people to distract them from the real state of affairs that are threatening our country.
The real threat to our country is that are economy is dangling on a thread. We have had a whopping zero net gain in gobs growth over the past 10 years. Look it up. The numbers came out last Friday.
Obama is craping in his pants. He knows if the unemployment rate rises any higher he is doomed to be a one term president.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well they still have not found the 2000 pounds of dynamite stolen in Canada.

Approximately 907 kg (2000 lb) of dynamite was stolen Friday in a warehouse of the company Piché R Blasting in Sainte-Sophie, near Saint-Jérôme in the Laurentians.

Five hooded gunmen broke into the building around 4:45 p.m., according to what Benoit Richard, spokesman for the Surete du Quebec (SQ), said Monday in Claude Poirier when the real issue on the air négociateu r LCN.

Paste this link in google translate for english minus qoutes.
"http://tvanouvelles.ca/lcn/infos/regional/archives/2011/08/20110829-094355.html"

translate.google.com...#

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
the problem is that federal authorities themselves are hardly 'credible' at this point.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'll keep looking over my shoulder every other second for the rest of my life, a terrorist might be trying to shove a bomb up my ass.

This was taken from yahoo news:

news.yahoo.com...

"U.S. officials said Thursday they were investigating a credible but unconfirmed threat that al-Qaida wasplanning to use a car bomb to target bridges or tunnels in New York City or Washington to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks, the first tip of an "active plot" around that date.

The Homeland Security Department said the threat is credible and specific, but unconfirmed."

Hmm. "U.S. officials" said?? #, that could be anyone. Bridges OR tunnels, New York OR Washington??

I am ready to move to Canada, i am so #ing sick of this fear mongering bull#. Nothing will happen.
edit on 8-9-2011 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank-you for speaking up.
SnF

I for one, am heeding the warning.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highlander64

wasn't there reports at some stage of another jewish stock-take @ the sears tower - which is owned by the guy who owned WTC?

nothing's happened and you're already blaming jews? well done.

Larry Silverstein lease the WTC
Willis Tower (Sears lost the naming rights) is owned by a group of investors, including New York-based Joseph Chetrit, Joseph Moinian, Lloyd Goldman, Joseph Cayre and Jeffrey Feil, and Skokie-based American Landmark properties (sourced from Wikipedia)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

wasn't there reports at some stage of another jewish stock-take @ the sears tower - which is owned by the guy who owned WTC?

Larry Silverstein lease the WTC
Willis Tower (Sears lost the naming rights) is owned by a group of investors, including New York-based Joseph Chetrit, Joseph Moinian, Lloyd Goldman, Joseph Cayre and Jeffrey Feil, and Skokie-based American Landmark properties (sourced from Wikipedia)

I know, nothing to worry about unless He decides to "pull" the building

Now does anyone know if he recently took out a large terrorism insurance policy on this building?

How did he finance this purchase?
edit on 8-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
umm let me gaze into my Crystal Turd and see what the Oracle says

ahhh ! yeess, it's all getting clearer.....Same S#$%t Different Day

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Propaganda

I don't care what "experts" they interview, what "intel" they have, what new "threat" is plaguing this country, I think there's a 90%+ chance that it's just a bunch of fear-mongering nonsense to remind the people that their rights need to be taken away to keep them safe from these "threats".

Oh no, a tornado! Quick, give up your First Amendment rights and we'll keep you safe! Somebody got shot, everybody relinquish your guns and everything will be OK! A bomb threat, everyone hurry and get into our cozy safety-camps, equipped with 20ft electric fences, machine gun nests, and gas chambers for the domestic terrorists who infiltrate our Patriot-zones.....
edit on 8-9-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hi.
Whether people feel the possibility of any kind of terror attack on the US is credible or not I just wanted to say that from over the pond I hope to God everyone there in the US stays safe and nothing untoward happens. There are a lot of us over here in the UK whose thoughts are with you.
edit on 9-9-2011 by serendipity59 because: crap spelling

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Wait aren't we supposed to blame them for everything? ( just kidding) or is that the Islamist ,China , Russia, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, rep, dem, Lib, tea party, CIA, FBI, DEA, ATF, LEO, students, teachers, kids, parents, swine flu, bird flu, Fast food, walmart , Styrofoam boxes, plastic can rings, plastic bottles, aaaaahhhh

Crap to many people and things to blame, and I can't remember which one it is this week,

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I was watching the football game when this nonsense came on. If you know about a credible threat to citizens, you should have enough information to prevent it, correct?

What a way to subjugate a populace. Take a bunch of people that were living high off of the hog, break them financially and psychologically screw with them via feat tactics after a major mainland attack. I'm sure that the formula has been used before

I suppose that it's better than hand cuttings and bayonets.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I can see the headlines now

"Bridges and tunnels in NY/D.C are destroyed at the exact same times as Twin Towers and Pentagon on 9/11".

Yeah TPTB are so ignorant and arrogant that it could see them having it go down just like that. Even scarier is the masses would be back at Wal Mart buying up Chinese made Flags and Pointing their fingers at whomever is implicated (Israel probably this time) within seconds of being told............................. Man does anyone in Canada want to take in a political refugee?

Trowa

P.S. Not sure where I was trying to go with this post, I had a dream about a week ago where my mock headline took place and it kinda bothered me. Now after hearing this shi^e today.
edit on 9/9/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling as per

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Underwear retailer stock prices just went through the roof - Again!!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f221ecf1ce1b.jpg[/atsimg]
I am F*ing Terrified right about now. How 'bout you?
I am off to stock up on knickers! I am all out!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Evacuation orders for more than 100,000 people !
ca.news.yahoo.com...
Seems like the Afghanees have gotten hold of Harp

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Considering Bin Laden was ex-CIA turned into bogey man I'm sure the stuff they "found" at the compound is fabricated like the war on terror *cough* oil.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join