It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Very little detail about this "credible threat" has been released so far, it appears at this time that Homeland Security is simply "taking precautions" though it does seem the timing is advantageous with an anniversary date looming and the jobs report speech just complete.

Every September they get a credible but unconfirmed threat. Or a credible but vague threat. Actually, it's every September and just about every politically opportune time that these threats present themselves.

No matter what, just don't forget for a second brown people everywhere want to kill you. So stay at home/shop more. Buy duct-tape/don't stockpile. Buy gold/silver/us bonds.

This fear fiddle can only be played so much before someone, rightfully so, says:

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I'm actually sourcing Shakespeare?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Two rental trucks are missing, an ABP has been put out for these trucks, let's see what this brings up!

Mind you, painting a couple of trucks and changing the plates with a couple of parked trucks from another rental company is not that hard but....WTH....Let's see what comes up !

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Fear the homegrown radicals... The tea party terrorists are plotting.

Run to the hills now!

This government should be more worried about domestic terrorism now and in the future than foreign terrorist attacks on US soil...

Though, anyone, or any enemy could stage a domestic terrorist attack, and make it look like they had nothing to do with it... Blame al qadea, Iran, Afghanistan, or domestic radical fringe groups... Take your pick!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

Larry Silverstein has nothing to do with Willis Tower. He doesn't own it or lease it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
While I tend to think the warnings are now overstated to cover the collective tails of the government, I will say that the security I saw on my way to work was a bit unnerving. Herald Square, a block that is heavily trafficked by people and cars, was being monitored big time this morning. There were cop cars and fire engines blocking traffic, narrowing the road down to one lane and there were 4 cops walking up to each car, looking into them all. They were paying closer attention to the taxi cabs.

I've never seen anything like this here.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Crak,

I heard on the radio this morning that there would be armed troops on bridges, in Penn Station, and in key areas all over the city. Apparently they have announced this, and are making no efforts to hide their weapons or presence.

Is this normal in NYC?

Is this something the folks in NYC will not mind, or is it a little disconcerting?

I ask, because it was frightening for me to see armed guards with assault rifles in McDonalds in Italy, and the Federales at every intersection in Mexico scare the hell out of me. I carry my little peashooter, but it isn't much good against trained military with Kevlar and AR's!

Also, there are some big sporting events, and some big concerts planned in NYC and DC this weekend. Do you think it will impact the participation in those?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hmm you know what..... something just clicked for me.

Years back, before 911, there was a terror threat against the New Years Eve party in NYC. I remember this as the people caught trying to smuggle bomb making material from Canada into the US made for a very VERY stressful train ride into the US as I was coming from montreal and so did they. anyways, during that time the US started really pressuring Canada to tow the line, and after 911 we did.

Recently Harper reminded us all that Muslims are the greatest threat to Canada (which most can only laugh at the absurdity of blaming a religion for our ills.) the US still doesn't think Canada is doing enough. Harper and his "government" think Canadians are too complacent and don't respect the imminent threat of terrorism.

AND

They are currently investigating the theft, or "disappearance" of a crap load of explosives (tnt i think, too lazy to find the thread).

Could this be the threat? A manufactured false flag coming from Canada to help push the SPP into overdrive, remind Canadians to be afraid, and allow Harper to push through and renew unwanted and unneeded anti-terror laws?

It's a win win, if the bomb goes off or is caught in time, for both the Canadian and US governments. Harper proves his point and gets the support he needs to ram through laws and enter more wars. The US gets to wave the terror flag around reminding everyone to be afraid and do what the government says.

Yes, I know it's a bit of a stretch, but Canada is not towing the line tight enough and without an attack or attempted attack directed at Canada or emanating from Canada, Harper won't get the support he needs. And the US needs him to push this crap through AND they need to distract the Americans from their failing economy, failed and doomed government, and relentless wars their children are dying in.

And added bonus of attacking Canada is world opinion. Like it or lump it, Canada has a pretty good reputation in the world arena, we're nice, helpful, friendly. We are peace keepers and nation builders. We donate billions to charity, etc etc etc.

Think of the countries on the fence in the war on terror. Think of what they will think we someone actually attacks friendly old harmless Canada? Well, if they attack those silly Canadians they must truly be as evil as Bush said they were.

AND all of this conveniently takes place right before a probable UN vote on recognizing an independent Palestine. and of course, THAT's who the terrorists will be.

Man I hope I'm blowing hot air here
edit on 9-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What does your gut tell you?

Are you fearful?

By the way...

Has anyone checked to see if Obama plans to secretly buzz lower Manhattan in Air Force 1 again?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Penn Station is across the street from my office. (Herald Square is a block away) There have been two armed reservists at the entrance on 34th street for years now. I rarely go into Penn Station but I was there on Friday last and there were reservists roaming around there as well. As far as I know, this is 100% normal. As to an increase in the number of personnel, I cannot say but, when I go down for lunch later, I will gladly wander in and see how much more of a presence they have.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I don't know why, but for some reason I got this unnerving feeling that this show of "security" has nothing to do with fears of a "terrorist" attack, perhaps is my conspiracies theorist mind, but I wounder if our ATS friends in NY can try to see beyond the security and look for things that look strange withing our police and armed patrol security.

Something doesn't add on.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Honestly, I've been fearful of many things since 9/11. Everyone I know that was here when the attacks happened has some kind of fear resulting from that horrible day. I can be out on the boat, fishing on the east end of long island and, if I hear a plane roaring overhead, I'll look up warily.

Thanks to my location (Penn Station, Herald Square, Macy's, Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and the Main Post Office are all a block or two from my office), we've had plenty of activity over the years. In the months after 9/11, we had a lunatic who took to mowing people down with his car. He ran people over for several days, all around my office. A few years back, I was on the phone with Springer and he was relaying some intel he received from a friend, regarding a possible attack using some kind of dirty bomb and some "missing" suspects that the feds were tracking. As he's telling me the details, one of my coworkers tells me there's some kind of bomb scare on the street below. I put him on hold, walk over to the window and see the bomb squad inspecting a suitcase in the middle of 7th Avenue, between 33rd and 34th street. It was, obviously, nothing but, still, rather frightening.

My temple is the oldest in NYC. Security is managed by a former Homeland Security guy. Every morning they have one or two cop cars parked out front. These are advance Hercules teams who come by to keep tabs on various potential targets. I haven't seen the Hercules teams much of late but they have, at times, been spotted guarding targets and areas, all in an effort to keep sharp and make their presence known, presumably, to any potential terrorists who might see them.

So, yeah, with all this crap throughout the city, there's always a bit of fear for the locals but, in the end, we are accustomed to it and we move through and around it.

Did I give my daughter her cell phone this morning, even though the school says they cannot bring them (she has it for days when she takes the bus home)? I most certainly did. Did I tell her why? No. I just told her to keep it turned off unless there's a reason to turn it on and call me.

When the weather is nice, I walk home. Otherwise, I take the subway. My walk takes me right through Times Square. Will I walk home this afternoon? Yes and I will do so tomorrow and Sunday, assuming it isn't raining. Will I walk through Times Square? Yup. Cautious but not willing to alter my life for those who try and put fear into us, be it actual terrorists or government officials with stories of terror that are unfounded.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
I have to say I'm not surprised. Will be interesting to see what happens. We're going to a Redskins game on Sunday in Landover, MD. Hopefully nothing occurs...
edit on 8-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Have you ever seen the movie "The Sum of all Fears" starring Ben Affleck?
------
Terrorists put a nuclear bomb in a vending machine and delivered it to the Baltimore Raven
football stadium. With 72,000 people in the stadium......BOOM!
The president ran away only minutes before the detonation.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This has nothing to do with security. This is all about making you afraid, and making you get down on your knees for the power of the police state. It's madness right now in NYC.

God bless those who have to ride into or conduct their business in New York City today.

Search your bags, search your cars, grope you, and unlawfully detain you all because there is a "credible" yet "unconfirmed" threat.

I've never heard of a threat that's credible but can't be confirmed.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Being a New Yorker, I can't think of anything more "terrify"ing than walking thru Times Square!! It takes 15 minuted to walk one block!

In all seriousness though - it is crazy here today. Half of the Queensboro was shut down. Park Ave is at a stand still. Police are EVERYWHERE and they are looking into vehicles. Lots of NYers I have talked to this morning are a little on edge, but life goes on.

Stay safe all!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
This has nothing to do with security. This is all about making you afraid, and making you get down on your knees for the power of the police state. It's madness right now in NYC.

I'd hardly say it's madness in the city. I don't know what the bridges and tunnels are like but the city itself is business as usual with a bit more traffic and a larger show of policemen.

After last week's 72 shootings in 3 days, the extra cops are not a bad thing.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

I love walking through times square. yes, it's crowded and, at times, difficult to get maneuver thru the throngs but the tourists are often rather ridiculous and worth watching

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by Crakeur

Being a New Yorker, I can't think of anything more "terrify"ing than walking thru Times Square!! It takes 15 minuted to walk one block!

In all seriousness though - it is crazy here today. Half of the Queensboro was shut down. Park Ave is at a stand still. Police are EVERYWHERE and they are looking into vehicles. Lots of NYers I have talked to this morning are a little on edge, but life goes on.

Stay safe all!

Just travel to Vermont for the weekend. That would put you out of harms way.
--------
A quick trip to Las Vegas would also be wise.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
CNN reported on TV 20 min ago that the "threat" may involve three men. One is an American flying in (flown in?) from Pakistan. They mentioned the use of car bombs.

Stay safe and I hope you guys have a boring weekend.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well a littler bit of research on the net yeild some results it seems that is actually some protest here in the US and actually in UK that will be protesting the incoming memorial.

The one in the UK is going to be in front of the American embassy in London and is from the “Muslims Against Crusades,” and “Shariah 4 America”, does anybody knows if this two groups have anything planned in the US?

blog.beliefnet.com...

Also the Members of Westboro Baptist Church will also be protesting the memorial.

kleinonline.wnd.com...

Is also a message circulating from Social Media in references of the omission of 9/11 first responders.

cyberworldfrauds.blogspot.com...

I also found that an Atheist group is suing NY protesting the incoming memorial, perhaps more protest?

sroblog.com...

Perhaps this has to do with all the supposed protest activities that could take over the memorial services during this year 9/11 commemoration

If this information has been posted already I apologize.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Here we go again, let's get the bogey man hats out again.

9/11 is getting old, come on, get new material.

FFS i am so sick and tired of hearing about 9/11 I will nuke America myself to get them to stfu about it.

If I were a mod still I would applaud you just for being brave enough to write that and for making me laugh.

You rule.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join