It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't believe it for one second; just another excuse to annoy people for no reason

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

The three Pakistani men thing was in the papers this morning. Last night it was made pretty clear, in the Bloomie press conference, that it was a car bomb type threat.

As to the weekend plans, I'll be working all weekend but the rest of the family will be doing normal activities.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by TruthWithin

I love walking through times square. yes, it's crowded and, at times, difficult to get maneuver thru the throngs but the tourists are often rather ridiculous and worth watching

You trying to say something about my Bermuda shorts and Hawaiian t-shirt?

Seriously though, as you say it is for the most part, it should be business as usual. I am sick of living in fear. I encourage everyone to go about their every day life. Hug your kid, kiss your wife. Go to work, have fun. Smile.

No locking yourself in the bathroom out of fear! That's my rule.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Ok

So here we have terrorists networks that are SMART enough to bypass our entire air-security infrastructure, covertly circumvent our national intelligence services and tech-savvy enough to direct these accomplishments from a laptop computer in a pre-1980's technological society halfway around the world

BUT

Are DUMB enough to consider staging an attack on the SINGLE most OBVIOUS day in the last 25 years when an ENTIRE NATION will be eyes-open for ANY kind of terrorist activity?

Riiiiight........

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I was in New Jersey on Tuesday, and Wednesday... In Perth Amboy, Linden and Newark, and spent some time talking with locals (workers at the companies where I was)... Talking about 9/11 and their stories were interesting... First of all, I was asked "What youze doin' up here from Utah?"
... Love the accent!

One comment/question stuck with me, this guy pointed over toward NYC and said, "Right there is the bullseye for anyone who wants to attack the USA now, how would that make you feel if you were living and working here?"

Of course, I could only say "I don't know" ... I'm just passing through.

Personally, I tend to think that 9/11 was a fluke, a combination of perfect opportunities timing, effective planning and funding and of course; motive... It can never happen again, they can try, but that level of destruction with such little real effort, personnel etc, just can't be duplicated... For a massive attack it would require very sophisticated planning, far beyond what happened on 9/11 ... Even just a dirty bomb, obtaining the materials, containing them, evading detection, and moving it to a target and detonating it with explosives would be nearly impossible to pull off.. IMO

Doesn't mean it will not happen, and I hope it never does, but really, should we assume that NYC is the only potential target in the USA? ... And primarily on 9/11?

They could attack anywhere, any way, and at any time... And they could be anyone from anywhere.... That is the whole point... They want Americans to be ever fearful of an attack... Makes the whole war, and national security agendas much easier to push forward.

I believe the average American has more to fear from economic collapse now, than from terrorism.

This time will pass, uneventful ... Hopefully.... Remember fear shortens your life, adds stress and misery to an already incredibly short life.... Live without fear, live well while you can because you can't ever know when or where, or how something like this could happen... Or even if it ever will.

Take life one day at a time.. for what each is worth!

Don't let them, take that from you through 'fear'.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
I was in New Jersey on Tuesday, and Wednesday...

My sympathies are with you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Personally, I feel that with all the CIA, FBI and DHS security in place, with all the wire tapping, internet searching, and cell phone hacking capabilities they have...I have to ask, HOW THE HELL CAN ANYTHING SLIP BY THEM?

They have taken extreme measures since 9/11 and have drafted all the laws they need to justify their "protective" actions...

IF anything happens, it will be my firm belief that it will be a false flag event, designed, implemented and carried out by none other than the aforemention entitities. They will continually keep everyone in a state of fear by generating an attack randomly here or there, just to keep us on our toes and in line with their global plan of a world security force and government. AS long as we're scared, we need THEM right? At least thats what they need us to think or else they don't need to exist in the first place.

Its not the end of days, its just the end of everything else you used to be able to do, say and think as a free person. ..in other words, its the end of the world , as WE know it.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It wasn't that bad... lol except for the nonstop rain.

I was told that people from that area were overtly rude, and I must say, on the contrary.. They were very nice, and helpful... In fact I got in a tough situation, and complete strangers (locals) helped me out... For a moment my faith in humanity was restored.

Though, given the traffic, and chaos during the day, I'd much rather never have to go there again under the same circumstances.... If I am ever back there I do want to venture into NYC and have a look around, if I have the time.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Here we go again, let's get the bogey man hats out again.

9/11 is getting old, come on, get new material.

FFS i am so sick and tired of hearing about 9/11 I will nuke America myself to get them to stfu about it.

That my friend is some STRONG language to be posting in a post 9/11 world. I would expect to hear a knock on your door in 3...2..1..

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I hear ya...I was in NY on the last week of July, even my Tomtom GPS had a sh!t fit...LOL....I was so lost I had to pull over and ask some locals on the sidewalk for help. I was most pleased with the help. I was even offered a special tourist price on a message by the two wonderful scantily dressed ladies. LOL...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The easiest way to cause fear would be for a handful of terrorists......aka.......government agents.......spread out in say 5 major cities with a sniper rifle and pick off people at random. Just like that father son pair did a few years ago.

Cycle through the major cities and you have wide spread fear of indiscriminate attacks.

This whole BS about major planned events is physiological terrorism from your own government. If terrorists where real, there would be "attacks" every single day.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sure is handy that the tenth anniversary of 9/11 comes one year before Obama's attempt at re-election. See, this is all our fault. If we had kept the worship of Barack going all this time, he wouldn't need to kill anyone here to get re-elected, dead bodies in the middle east would have been enough. One things for sure a nice bunch of civilian deaths should keep those peace-niks from electing that old man who won't play ball on the global meltdown.

Well, we might as well get started early with the re-education program;

"Class, repeat after me..."

"9/11/11 is not an inside job... very good!"

"Now... You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists"

"Okay, quick quiz kids, how do you recognize an American citizen who has become a terrorist?"

"Owns a gun, yes, that's good Tommy.

"Ron Paul bumper sticker, yes very good Mary Frances."

"No glazed over look in their eyes, yes excellent, Bobby."

Doesn't it seem odd, they have never told us anything about anything important ever, now suddenly they are giving us this information. Hey maybe Jeb Bush is coming...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth
Unlike the west, Muslim's won't attack you on any specific anniversary date, they will just attack you.

That is more a western concept.

So that right there is a sure sign all this is bogus and an inside job and any other "anniversary" attack.

Think about that one.

Only a westerner with no understanding of other cultures would make that kind of threat and believe it.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Anonymouth because: (no reason given)

So the fact that the Twin Towers/Pentagon were attacked on a date that reads 9-1-1 is just coincidental?? No symbolic meaning??

Culturally they may have no interest in symbolic dates, but if you are going to try to hurt someone, really make an impact you would use the "adversary's" (victim's) symbolic dates to create the most angst...wouldn't you??

Just sayin'...
edit on 9-9-2011 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
When I saw all of these media reports I did actually get a little scared. Not because of someone renting a truck and bombing someone but because of what the gob'ment is up to. They only release things to the sheeple when they want to accomplish something. They do NOT give a rat's a$$ about you or me or anyone but themselves and thier paycheck writers. The real fear here is some false flag event such as wmds perpatrated by tptb - and when it happens they don't look as bad because they were after these "crazy terrorists" and asked for our help by putting it out to the media. Those wiley terrorists just got one through on them. Lol..bunch of crap and would be laughable if it werent for whatever they have planned happening to innocent people. When the next false flag event does occur be prepared to see the TSA the next time you get groceries. Having your junk inspected before going into the store will prevent the next attack and the sheeple will gladly comply. Kind of solves that whole jobs problem too doesn't it? Wake up Amerika!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yup, looks like a new "distraction" is brewing....it's been too long and oh my....can't let people get too involved with the reality of a recession, another market collapse, joblessness, Obama's nose-dive in popularity..etc etc.

Know your true enemies I say...

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFrenchPickler

When I heard about this vague threat on the morning news I immediately wondered what they are trying to distract us from seeing. I don't believe there is any more threat today than any other day.

And the terrorists are chuckling at how scared they have made us.

I will be watching today for stories they don't want us to know about.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Why are they telling us about it?

If you got information, use it, and be quiet about it (that includes "CIA Foils terrorist attack" in the news), no scaremongering...What can we do, be "extra vigilant" on top of the extra extra vigilant we already are?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Hey from a fellow Utahn!

I'd love to say, "as long as they leave the Beehive State alone I'm not worried", but paranoid fear-mongering aside, I hope NOTHING happens in New York or anywhere else on Sunday...except for people pausing for a moment to remember all those who lost their lives ten years ago.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

because the truth is, if it really is three dudes and a car, there's not a snowball's chance in hell that they can stop them

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just want to throw this out there for others who may be in NY around the 11th.

I will be at Yankee Stadium on the 14th for the Big 4 show (Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, and Slayer, for those who don't know)

If it is a car bomb, this area will be highly populated for the show. Just keep an eye/ear out, and take care.

I do, however, think there is nothing to worry about though.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join