It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
79 years ago: "Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself"

Now: Be very very afraid.

Nothing controls better then fear.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yet, before 911 the CIA knew about two of the hijackers and even had their phones tapped for more than 2 years....and the FBI had an informant living with 2 of the terrorists ..... sorry, I just don't believe much of what the "offical" us government says and does .......

these despots in control of our government will say and do anything to keep power and more to increase the power they hold ....

remember the Gulf of Tonkin and Operation Northwoods ........

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns
remember when Clinton had four chances to kill Bin Laden. In 1998 months after the U.S. embassy bombing in east Africa, a U.S. Special forces in contact with a White house had Bin Laden in their rifles scopes but instead was called off by Clinton.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Let's see, last time the Original Banksta's rating was this low...We allegedly killed Bin Laden! I'm only surprised they waited this long to start the fear mongering! Oh wait, his speech to Congress was last night...Oh the timing is just too good. How much you wanna bet we foil a major terrorist threat in the next day or even right on 911!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

yeah this "threat" is really helping the banking and finance industry.

market's down close to 3%

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
With the ten year anniversary i kinda thought there would be a terror alert. My family is from NYC and a lot of them went on "vacation" this weekend. I thought the whole idea about terrorism was to show you aren't afraid or the terrorist won. Considering NYC is such a heavily guarded target why would terrorist try it again? I would expect them to go after smaller cities.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
u

Originally posted by LadySkadi
They are "suggesting" this information may have come from intelligence gathered at the Bin Laden compound...

White House spokesman Dan Pfeiffer told Fox News that the president had been briefed on the threat.

“He is always kept up to date on the potential threat and heading in to 9/11 which is a time we have known the terrorists may be interested in from the intelligence we got from the [Osama bin Laden] compound,” Pfeiffer said

Read more: www.politico.com...

stories/0911/63041.html#ixzz1XPNIn68j

edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

interesting they would wait till now to tell :-)
go figure.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

3%?
anyway my point was aimed toward the President's approval rating...not the market. Of course the market will drop slightly with "threats". But since you brought it up, how high will it go if we "foil the threat"?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maddog99

sorry, I saw banksta and thought you were referring to the banks. I guess I need to brush up on my obama names.

this threat isn't helping anyone. as has been mentioned quite a bit in this thread, how these guys could slip into the city, with all the security we supposedly have, is a black eye on everyone at every level. If nothing happens, it makes them all look bad. If something does happen, it makes them all look bad.

This will not help thge White House unless the supposed terrorists are Ghaddaffi, Achmenijad and Kim and they are all captured without a single death

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Unless the threat is credible, and the security works, and the supposed threat is thwarted, or redirected to Detroit, or some other Midwest city.

If there is another false flag event, it will be in a city deeply impacted by the economic situation. Detroit is my most likely candidate. They have a myriad of people to blame it on, either foreign or domestic. They wipe out a swath of dangerous and decrepit buildings, and they create jobs and industry in the rebuilding and security in the aftermath.

So, they could get a win-win here. The security works in DC and NYC, they take credit for it, and they still pull off their false flag in another city where there are added benefits.

And, for the record, why would any terrorist organization want to do something on the anniversary of 9/11, when no terrorist organization ever took credit for the first 9/11?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah they said NYC or Washington areas

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Ha ha...no problem man...I thought you might not of caught that one. And I agree with you. I live in NJ and the security changes I've seen in NYC are amazing. The security we don't see is equally amazing. I gave up going through the tunnels because cars and trucks get stopped and searched so often it's not worth paying the tolls to wait 1 + hrs for a 15 minute drive.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by katfish

You and me both about watching for new news stories not carried by MSM. The Mcdonalds restroom odor that killed someone was interesting to say the least. And as for TSA/Government getting more involved in our lives, turns out they don't even need the terror event to happen anymore...just them *telling* us it could happen...even more scary as people just put up with it. NYC will be a police state (more than usual) this weekend...(link)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Who would attack the same two cities as before? They are probably the two most "secure" cities in the U.S. now since those attacks. Let me guess they have the same #ing plan as well?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Do we have any major training exercises or tests going on this weekend? That seems to be a tell-tale sign of something upcoming.

To the poster above that mentioned Detroit, that is really a scary thought, because it actually makes sense. Good points for sure, and something to watch out for.

I just have a really bad feeling about this most recent warning. And again, as someone mentioned, why release this info now, if it came from intelligence from the OBL raid? It just doesn't make sense......or it does make sense and that is the bad part!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am so tired of this media buzz, it is ridiculous. You don't have to live in constant fear. I have heard this so many times...they tell people the same thing over and over (usually around 9/11). People will begin to think it will not happen, and wonder what to take seriously...so when something does happen it is a surprise. The only thing to fear is fear itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymouth

Here we go again, let's get the bogey man hats out again.

9/11 is getting old, come on, get new material.

FFS i am so sick and tired of hearing about 9/11 I will nuke America myself to get them to stfu about it.

You have balls my friend s&f

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This just seems to me to be a case of, do what your betters say or the big bad bogey man is gonna get you.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Why didnt the terrorists just crash all the planes in the whitehouse to begin with. Sinve the gov says they didnt shoot that one plane down bs. At least it would have killed some of those sorry a$$ politicians.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
"Wow what a suprise" NOT, these kind of Warning tactics keep the common folks thinking that something will occur and that we better support our government, and give them all the power to do anything and everything to keep this from happening. If terrorist's wanted to attack again, I seriously doubt they would choose the day when security is going to be at its highest. just a thought

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join