It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Congress briefed on 'credible but unconfirmed threat' to U.S.

news.blogs.cnn.com

U.S. officials said Thursday evening they have "specific, credible but unconfirmed" information about a threat against the United States coinciding with the 10th anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Officials declined to disclose details of the threat, including any suspected method of attack or possible targets, although one source said the cities of New York and Washington were specifically mentioned as possible targets. Officials said they were taking the threat seriously, while evidently trying to temper the news by saying such threats are commonplace during key events.
(visit the link for the full news article

edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: chg title, CNN updated article title from the original pos

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Very little detail about this "credible threat" has been released so far, it appears at this time that Homeland Security is simply "taking precautions" though it does seem the timing is advantageous with an anniversary date looming and the jobs report speech just complete.

I suppose stay tuned, is in order...

news.blogs.cnn.com

www.cnn.com...

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have to say I'm not surprised. Will be interesting to see what happens. We're going to a Redskins game on Sunday in Landover, MD. Hopefully nothing occurs...
edit on 8-9-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They are "suggesting" this information may have come from intelligence gathered at the Bin Laden compound...

White House spokesman Dan Pfeiffer told Fox News that the president had been briefed on the threat.

“He is always kept up to date on the potential threat and heading in to 9/11 which is a time we have known the terrorists may be interested in from the intelligence we got from the [Osama bin Laden] compound,” Pfeiffer said

Read more: www.politico.com...

edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think this is expected given the anniversary. If an event unfolds it could be the equivalent of a sledgehammer to the groin. Personally I don't think any major event will occur, I heard mention of this threat somehow tying in with Pakistan but that is unsubstantiated at this point. It will be blamed on Iran anyways

brill

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Seems to be some type of vehicle attack:

At least three individuals -- one believed to be a U.S. citizen -- entered the U.S. in August by air with the intent to launch a vehicle-borne attack against Washington D.C. or New York around the anniversary of 9-11, according to intelligence officials. As news of the information became public authorities began weighing whether to raise the national threat level.

abcnews.go.com...

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here we go again, let's get the bogey man hats out again.

9/11 is getting old, come on, get new material.

FFS i am so sick and tired of hearing about 9/11 I will nuke America myself to get them to stfu about it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymouth

Yeah?

And i wonder how many city folk go out that all that day, just in case. Tinfoil hats a must!
edit on 8-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

So you're saying they're THEORIZING that there's a CONSPIRACY for someone to attack the US...

What a bunch of kooks.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well it needs to happen eventually.

Support and sincerity towards 9/11 is waning after 10 years and the government needs something to re-rally the support of the citizens to a common cause.

I will keep my eyes and ears open, but I wouldn't hold my breath about something happen.

I do find it interesting that a new user posted in introductions before this happened saying it would happen. The post was removed but I wonder... where did his/her intel come from?

link   
This is to be expected, for a number of reasons.

First - the point of terrorism is to make a big splash. Doing things on memorable dates just amplifies the effect. Imagine blowing up Times Square during the New Years' celebration (right at "zero" - just to make it even more 'impressive'). That event will stick in everyone's mind for a long time to come - even if it is relatively small by comparison to the magnitude of the event.

It's like remembering how you stubbed your toe one Christmas - even though you have done so countless other times (and don't recall a specific one) - you remember it because it interfered with a memorable event.

Thus - it really doesn't surprise me that there is a known threat. We've had them countless (other) times, before. The media simply didn't pick up on them because it wasn't the 10th anniversary of 9/11 - but similar warnings have existed for Christmases, Super Bowls, Olympic events, etc.

We're simply getting to hear about this one because it's the 10th anniversary of one of the worst terrorist attacks on the U.S. in history. It drives up the value of advertising space.

link   
the american empire will likely always remind its sheeple of 9/11 and all that our wondrous country does to protect us from al-Ciada

a new attack would again help justify and reunite a broken, disappointed American people

in light of the dwindling economy, still growing military expenditure, and USA incursion into Libya, Pakistan & more to come.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
What exactly is a crediable but unconfirmed threat?

Im going to build a flying saucer made out of puppies and cheese crackers and fly it into a baptist church!!

Thats credible, and you cannot confirm if it will happen. Love the word "advantageous" love it!!
Relax,

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What a bunch of lunatics they are.

Must take a sick mental mind to keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again and expect to get the same response from people.

Not this time.

Frankly, Just get nuked already, do it right, perhaps the rest of the world will have peace and quiet then without ya all.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
10 years is a long time... gotta keep up the fear levels somehow!

Invent a threat, pretend it's something major, scare people, then when nothing happens tell the people that this is why there is a need for homeland security... After all they saved the day and nothing happened right?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ugh, like clockwork let the fear begin. Every single year for the past 9 years, well I guess this year shouldn't be any different. Bring on the fear, what should I be purchasing or let myself be subject to this year in the name of national security?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was just watching the address with my dad when the anchors on ABC7 (Chicago) broke this. I have to say I'm not surprised. Sounds like they picked this time perfectly. I'm digging but no information so far. It was loud in my house because of my little sisters 3rd birthday but I did hear something about trucks missing and car bombs. Did anybody have better hearing during this break?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I am going out on a limb here and saying that nothing will happen.

It is likely one of two things here...a red herring submitted by someone somewhere to mess around or just invigorate the paranoia associated with this date or a false flag...as much as I hate calling everything or anything a false flag scenario, the fact that politicians have used 9/11 ad nauseam to push campaigns and legislation suggests that this could just be there way of telling the people that they need them (the politicians/legislation)...

Yawn...not to denigrate the memory of the survivors but I am not so much inclined to care about 9/11 until someone of note really investigates the living hell out of WTC 7...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
But this time,
after spending billions of Americans money on security since 9/11 this wont happen.

If it does, it confirms the Defence and Security budget is a farce.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I am going out on a limb here and saying that nothing will happen.

It is likely one of two things here...a red herring submitted by someone somewhere to mess around or just invigorate the paranoia associated with this date or a false flag...as much as I hate calling everything or anything a false flag scenario, the fact that politicians have used 9/11 ad nauseam to push campaigns and legislation suggests that this could just be there way of telling the people that they need them (the politicians/legislation)...

Yawn...not to denigrate the memory of the survivors but I am not so much inclined to care about 9/11 until someone of note really investigates the living hell out of WTC 7...

psychological terrorism?

thats nothing??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join