It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials confirm 'credible but unconfirmed' 9/11 threat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
What exactly is a crediable but unconfirmed threat?

Im going to build a flying saucer made out of puppies and cheese crackers and fly it into a baptist church!!

Thats credible, and you cannot confirm if it will happen. Love the word "advantageous" love it!!
Relax,

ok puppies ,,in a circle,, chasing cheese crackers,
,hmmm and excellent energy source,,for your saucer idea,,
,,keep going,,

"Thats credible",, u sure???
edit on 8-9-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
reply to post by WhoDat09

Ok, so here's something I don't understand. If the US Gov't has intelligence about a few individuals possibly committing a terrorist attack, why not bring them in?

By no means am I advocating detaining and sending them to Guantanamo Bay, but if the US knows who the individuals are, then send out the order to bring them in for questioning Saturday morning, question them and hold them until the allowed 24 hours, and release them Sunday afternoon. If they truly are terrorists, that would really screw up their plan.

Exactly, which is why their propaganda is falling apart. Even if you do give them the benefit of the doubt (that's a lot to give) it makes no sense. If they have a credible terrorist threat, announcing it to the world will probably not help anything. "Hey terrorists, we know you're plan!" This only serves to try and scare people away from such attacks, which shows they are playing with an empty hand. It's just fear mongering to build up whatever monstrosity they plan on erecting at ground zero or whatever they are calling it these days. And you thought it was bad that someone tried to set up a Mosque near ground zero, well now you'll have the real terrorists at ground zero

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
hmmm

wasn't there reports at some stage of another jewish stock-take @ the sears tower - which is owned by the guy who owned WTC?

whatever it is there will be lots of coincidental videos on air within minutes, and the government poised to save the citizens from yet more diabolical imaginary terrorists

should you keep your eyes peeled for airliners that aren't really airliners, etc?

guys in robes and turbans with dynamite strapped to their chest = dead giveaway
edit on 8-9-2011 by Highlander64 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Thank you my friend, thank you very much you just nail it, the biggest terror our nation is facing is the one that runs our government right now.

Darn we are not going to get Bin laden videos anymore, now that he "was put to rest"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

It seems CNN keeps changing the original title of the news brief, which is what was used for the thread... Might need to find more reliable sources...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Just check which buildings or monuments have recently upgraded their insurance premiums.

That will shorten the list of targets

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by filosophia

It seems CNN keeps changing the original title of the news brief, which is what was used for the thread... Might need to find more reliable sources...

I'm sure congress was briefed because there's no reason to brief the president, he was the one to okay the terrorist attack

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

What does that even mean, "we still have lots of chatter?" I mean....who's she implying is "chattering" and since when is a potentially "credible" terrorist threat termed "chatter?"

What kind of conspiracy theorist are you? They have informants embedded into internet forums, chat circles, and even some known cells. "Chatter" is just that - chatter. It's like when people, here, talk about organizing some kind of a demonstration - they talk about it, and discuss it, but hardly ever go through with anything.

There's talk of possible threats, but few hard leads to back claims or 'chatter' up.

I get the feeling you are about as concerned as I am about this "threat." In my opinion, this is exactly what we should expect for the 10th Anniversary of 9/11....I mean, never pass up an opportunity to instill some "terrorist threat" fear into the population, right?

It's a double-standard.

They warn you that something is up (you know... trying to do their job) - and you blame them for trying to incite fear and scare everyone into believing propaganda (because rational people cannot handle being told that there is a threat out there).

So, let's say a terror attack were to happen and nothing was said by our National Security department. You'd want their heads on a platter and accuse them of working with the terrorists or allowing it to happen.

It's really quite pathetic. Do you get this worked up over Tornado warnings?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Indeed, another disaster to occur on 9/11 certainly shows great historical significance; especially to these alleged conspirators, but to what ends?

I must admit that I too feel an ominous threat imposing on this date, but I pray that I'm mistaken. Again, where does this supposed inlet spawn from? Do we face an external enemy, or an internal threat? These rumors of war and famine most likely wont occur until our stock market plummets. Perhaps an attack on Wall Street is at hand?

Only time will tell what 'impending doom' awaits us on the 10th anniversary of 9-11.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
You can be sure if anything happens, it'll be Iran's fault.

Tomorrow is 09/09/2011 or 9+9+2+1+1 = 22 or 2X11...

Be ready for another false-flag.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Anyone else find it unusual that this comes out now? Details leaked would tip off the planners, forcing them to change plans / tactics?

Normally I dont buy into conspiracies, however this seems to convienent for some reason.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

If Libya had accepted the $4 billion in arms from Russia, you can bet the blame would be placed on them. That would certainly justify sending US troops for an invasion.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
Just check which buildings or monuments have recently upgraded their insurance premiums.

That will shorten the list of targets

Hmm... how about landmark buildings that have recently spent a lot of money on renovations? Surely, such renovations would increase the value of the building thus affecting the appraised cost for insurance, no?

I know of one such building - I work in it. Interesting indeed...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Anyone else find it unusual that this comes out now? Details leaked would tip off the planners, forcing them to change plans / tactics?

Normally I dont buy into conspiracies, however this seems to convienent for some reason.

There was some "chatter" suggesting Pakistan tipped off the US...

*I've lost the article I was reading (closed the tab) so no hard links.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Here's your Iran connection...

The report said the suspected terrorists are believed to have embarked on their journey to America from Afghanistan, taking a route that took them through at least one other country, "possibly Iran." Link

So, now 3 players and counting - Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan

edit on 8-9-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You should know that "Pakistan" cannot tip off the "U.S."
Who is Pakistan? Who is the U.S.? In other words, whom is tipping off who?
The U.S. government is not "credible", because there is NO accountability. How accountable do you think Pakistan is?
So, when one unaccountable entity with no human face, "tips off" another unaccountable entity with no human face....
what does it mean?
Nothing.
If something happens, the last thing we need to talk about is what was "supposed" to happen, or what unaccountable faceless entities said "might" happen. This is a distraction.
Don't be a dog that chases the ball that the master throws, look at the master, if you can find him.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Just posting what's out there, don't mistake that for my personal interpretation...

That last line, good analogy though...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I understand that.
It is SO important that we know what is happening to us, and why. Real people are behind all of these "tips" and warnings, and there is a reason for it.
Why is it that ALL news is BAD news? Why are we so damned AFRAID of terrorists when you are far more likely to die in any one of a hundred different ways that have nothing to do with Al Qaeda.
The damn boogeyman.
Privileged people like us just seem to need terrorists. That is the only thing that seems to make sense.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

And of course they posed as illegal Mexican immigrants and walked right in... But this really is old news, these "cells" have been known of for quite some time, though elusive and mysterious, it is possible.... The Iran Afghanistan connection, possible... The ultimate hand at play here would involve both the Pakistani ISI and their Chinese overlords..

Boogiemans are here, now run and hide!

I believe that attack has been called off long ago, it is postponed indefinitely!

It was always only a contingency, too be used only if absolutely necessary, maybe something has changed?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Here's your Iran connection...

The report said the suspected terrorists are believed to have embarked on their journey to America from Afghanistan, taking a route that took them through at least one other country, "possibly Iran." Link

So, now 3 players and counting - Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan

4th player = US Government - seriously, with all the issues internally in the US does an external terrorist really need to attack when the terrorists in the white house, the fed reserve, and wall st are already doing so much damage?

there's a thought - Wall st is in New York isn't it?

got a box of matches there buddy?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join