It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Indirectly, the 'war on drugs'. After reading Jack Herer's book The Emperor Wears No Clothes (free to read online) and discovering the 'why's' behind the prohibition of cannabis (Anslinger and DuPont ie. MONEY), it just spiraled from there. It really is a rabbit hole and the more I read on various topics not just cannabis prohibition, the more astounded I am at the blatentness (my word
) of TPTB
and the naivety/gullibleness/blind belief of the general population
. I do wish those I talk to would just take the 5 mins to have a closer look into the things I tell them about instead of just rolling their eyes and telling me not to be so daft

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
For me it was watching a show on the roswell crash....since then random news events. And what really got me into conspiracy theories was 9/11... like most of us.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

this may seem like I'm joking, I'm not:

The realisation that Santa Claus wasn't real. I must have been 7.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I think I was born one.. I don't recall any moment or event where I started thinking outside the box. I don't like the label conspiracy theorist btw.. But that's another subject.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

lol H.A we think alike (just saw your post)

link   
It was simply my quest for seeking out what my dreams really meant and oh yeah I forgot the John Titor thing intrugied me. Really I have always thought outside of the box and always felt there was something not quite right with our society. I would have to say what really did for me was when I was proscuted for disturbing the peace and found out I was proscuted under a new law after 911 law. Supposedly because of 911 even calling a bank multiple times could be considered a terrorist act. The judge gave me a HUGE lecture on the dangers of being a terrorist;(or looking/acting like one). He told me that I could have gotten off the phone and bombed the bank.He also told me he could put me away for years.
It was 106 degrees I was at home and my car had no gas in it I wasn't going anywhere! I noticed after 911 everyone was pretty much labled a threat or a terrorist who stood up for themselves.
edit on 8-9-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I got started when my cousin told me about Illuminati, which was a start but then i got interested, started to do some of my own reasarch. then later on one of my friends told me about this website and now im here.

My cousin told me about Illuminati when i was 13, im 16 now, i guess the sooner you learn the better off you are

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
The Roswell UFO story, I actually have Unsolved Mysteries to thank for leading me to this site in the first place. Then of course 9/11 sealed the deal for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
JFK assassination for sure.

I was 5 at the time, and by the time I was 6 years old, I had already heard a number of folks talking about some kind of coverup.

Course, JFK wasn't a "conspiracy theory"... it happened, and it was a conspiracy... no theory about it.

That should be enough to convince anyone that there are "bad people who want to do bad things to other important people, under the cover of secrecy and obfuscation". The bastards...

edit on 8-9-2011 by dasman888 because: Zombie June bugs distracted me. The little f*****s

edit on 8-9-2011 by dasman888 because: Zombie mice trying to bite my toes

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
It was simply my quest for seeking out what my dreams really meant and oh yeah I forgot the John Titor thing intrugied me. Really I have always thought outside of the box and always felt there was something not quite right with our society. I would have to say what really did for me was when I was proscuted for disturbing the peace and found out I was proscuted under a new law after 911 law. Supposedly because of 911 even calling a bank multiple times could be considered a terrorist act. The judge gave me a HUGE lecture on the dangers of being a terrorist;(or looking/acting like one). He told me that I could have gotten off the phone and bombed the bank.He also told me he could put me away for years.
It was 106 degrees I was at home and my car had no gas in it I wasn't going anywhere! I noticed after 911 everyone was pretty much labled a threat or a terrorist who stood up for themselves.

not starting a fight, but i must say i loved that John Twit guy. he was the smartest conspiracy guy that ever did (or didn't) walk the earth.

for all of you unfamiliar with this guy (he really was a conspiracy genius. he shoulda won an oscar), he was a time traveler from 2036 and came back to to 1971 to get a IBM 5100 computer that could debug other computers. the part about the IBM 5100 computer is true. it can do that. and i'm not sure if it was the 5100 or the 1200 or whatever it was and i didn't look it up cause i'm lazy.

so anyway, he would say all kinds of crazy shyt...hell if i'm not mistaken, the United States is susposed to be in state of Civil War at this very moment (according to that John Twit guy), which will be followed by WW3.

however he was so crafty, and such a genius in this shyt, he'd always qualify his statements with "from my timeline."

which means if it didn't happen on your timeline, it wasn't that he was wrong, whatever he said was just happening in some other earth timeline. rotflmao. the guy was a genius.

but i guess it finally all got boring, even for him, and he ain't been seen or heard from in a number of years....lol

yea and i know his name isn't John Twit...i just happen to call him that.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dayvancowboy

don't worry...i'm like minus a million points right about now. don't worry...they'll let you hang around as long as you don't act up too much.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Firstly, I was unconvinced by the "flying bedstead" lunar lander that had a large fixed thruster.

I've always been an avid rocketeer, fascinated by aerodynamics, engineering, technology and space. I know that a VTOL craft needs to have movable thrusters to keep it balanced on a descent.

The LEM had one large fixed thruster with smaller steering thrusters which could never compensate for a toppling descent. If they'd landed unevenly they would have been stuck there for eternity while we all watched on in horror.

When I learned that none of the prototype landers had survived their test flights I began to wonder why Nasa had taken such a huge gamble with the lives of our Apollo heroes.

Later I learned about the Vietnam War and the entire media system began to make more sense.

edit on 8/9/2011 by lostjohnny because: Crap spelling

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Waco Texas. It was there that I began to see the rise of American tyranny under Bill Clinton. When the ATF and FBI and other law enforcement shot at their own fellow citizens, murdering hundreds of people, burning them to death, it was then that I stopped taking anything the government said at face value. From then on out, everything and every motive was to be questioned.

edit on 8-9-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Aliens. Even as a small boy I never trusted corporations, mainly because the Weyland Yutani Corp. is the main antagonist of the Alien series (except for the spinoffs).

I think what really kicked it off though was Alex Jones' EndGame.
edit on 8-9-2011 by Davian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well I liked the subject but I had an incredible UFO sighting that I know was not planes nor helicopters.I saw incredible triangular objects and a oval green light object which is probably a disc behind the green light for about 45 mins and saw one of the triangular objects take off and it appeared a loud military helicopter chased it.Heard a loud helicopter in the distance coming and the UFO was way over top my house and once the helicopter got closer it sounded as if it was right over top my house and the UFO took off at crazy speeds and the helicopter must have had its lights turned off and was using radar to fly because I did not see it.The helicopter sound went in the direction of the UFO.I think I saw about 7 triangular objects and one Green and Yellow disc shaped light.I also got a great view at one of the triangular objects through binoculars and clearly saw 3 red light sin the coners and a white blueish light in the middle.Other people saw them and It was in the newspaper so I cut that section out and still have it today.Was unreal!!!
edit on 8-9-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

Also there was no sound at all from the UFOs..
edit on 8-9-2011 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HighMaintenance

A brilliant book and a really interesting conspiracy. It's just a shame we're not allowed to discuss it on ATS so that we can maintain a certain image for advertisers..

For me it was the same, then I quickly learned about Rick Simpson's "run from the cure" and 9/11.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
What did it for me? I'll tell ya. It's the search for truth.

Back in the 80's I used to listen to shortwave radio from all around the world. CNN was new at the time. I would listen to the live shortwave broadcast as events were happening and about 30 minutes later you would have a CNN report that was heavy with spin sometimes much different than the live report.

This started me researching history and what other things had been wrongly reported and why. Among this info is a great book anyone can get called "Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your High School History Textbook Got Wrong " by James W Lowen sundown.afro.illinois.edu...

Today shortwave is not what it used to be, most of the live news channels are gone or heavily censored. A handful of men own all the news media companies in the USA. This is all over the net, here see for yourself. lmgtfy.com...

No matter if it's FOX, CNN MSNBC, ABC, CBS ect, all the news you see comes from the same places and the same people all working together. They throw in subtle differences as to throw off suspicion but it's all the same.. all the main ideas the powers that be want you to know or not know are the same across all networks.

Notice you read about things on the net or on ATS that you know is news worthy but never see in a TV news report or hear on the radio? This censorship is why.

There are more conspiracies based in truth that can be uncovered with hard facts than ever before. No wonder TPTB want to censor the internet and control the flow of data. Keep your eyes open and consider all possibilities. When the world goes to hell in a hand basket it may just save your life.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
LOL Thats a good question. It all started when I found out a CIA agent was working at the group home I lived at as a teenager. I took a picture of his truck being in the "Secret government facility" hidden in an aircraft engine factory. But first I asked why he was there. He said he wasn't so I showed him the picture. I said I know its your truck because it has to be the only 3 tone brown 1989 ford truck with steel pipes welded on as back bumpers. That one got him and he just turned away and went into his office and locked it. Never could get the truth out of him of why he was working there though. Then i went into this super state of paranoia. Thought everybody and there brother was fbi and cia. BTW I love the location of the REAL ATS Head quarters.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Since you mention conspiracy specifically, I wont count all the years as a kid I was fascinated with UFO's and Grey's. Since I was 6 I felt something was off, as I grew older I began to see more and more. In regards to actual conspiracy, I might say the Roswell Alien Autopsy Video, I was 11 back then, and it blew me away.
Up untill 9/11 I was pretty vanilla UFO Kid, but after watching the subsequent video analysis of the event and all the holes in the MSM accounts, I was hooked and have been falling down the rabbit hole ever since.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join