It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I was prompted to join ATS after a two month visit to Egypt where I had the chance to go under the Great Pyramid and into the Sphinx. There is an underground tunnel that leads all the way to and fro that connects the two structures. I was told when I first arrived there by our tour guide (My trip began as a spiritual pilgrimage so to speak with 20 others from around the world and was led by Harold Moskovitz of the Golden Light Institute) there was nothing under there except a recently discovered boat on the side of the Great Pyramid.

My visit under these structures was offered to me by someone who has ancestral rights to that area. I can't mention any names. These people/families who have ancestral rights have keys and we went under there at night. I must say that I did not walk even halfway through the tunnel because I got scared

The families gained these rights by serving as tour guides to Europeans back in the early 1800's when Europe started offering tours to the pyramids, is what I was told by my friend in Ghiza. The families ancestors had lived on the land for centuries before the Europeans arrived, if not longer and were the ones who protected the structures from robbers and the likes.

Some may call BS about what I have stated here (I really don't care either), but there is a whole lot that the public doesn't know about the structres in Ghiza and their purpose. I was just lucky enough to have met this person while I was there.

So to some up why I came here which originally was in 2005 when I started my first ATS account "hathorschild", I was looking to see who else knew about this tunnel or any secrets about the structures throughout Egypt. It seemed to be a conspiracy to me that Egypt's Department of Antiquities had previously denied this tunnel existed, so I was looking for answers. But just naturally, I always question history and the way it has been written.

Awesome thread OP

edit on 9/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
When I was 15 years old.
9/11 happened.
My cousin worked in tower 7's top floor.
When I found out what happened I ran home from school to tell my mother, asking if our cousin had called. I was sobbing and hoping the whole way home, that he was safe.
He called and said he was safe in his Manhattan condo, and can see the smoke and hear the "explosions". He told me that they were given the day off, and those who wanted to catch up on work could come in if they wanted to. He also told me that they were doing lots of "renovations" months earlier in the buildings.
I became so obsessed with what happened I would watch the towers fall over and over, and all I could think was "it looks like a controlled demolition, like they ones you see on the Discovery Channel" and no one believed me and called me stupid, I began to research everything to back up my claims and prove everyone wrong.

10 years later, some people call me "Google" now because all I would do is research any topic thrown in my face.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by lkpuede

You are correct war does cost money, but it is always paid out of our Taxes!! But it also came at a human cost. How many millions have lost their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Cheney did alright out of the Iraq war his company Halliburton, he was the BIGGEST winner. The guy is evil incarnate.

yea but these days Cheney is the "Go to Evil Guy", but i'm not entirely sure i'm with that train of thought.

yes he's a governement guy, and yes he's crafty. and he's rich. and he may or may not have made alot of money out of the deal. i don't know, i didn't see the Halliburton financial papers and i'm not on the Board.

but the original motiviation, no matter what the outcome was, is the preservation of life and liberty in the United States. in other words, the plan was to protect the Common Man from a bunch of thugs who hide behind religion.

sometimes they get that right, sometimes they don't. but there hasn't been a terrorist attack on this soil in 10 years, so him and Bush must have done something right. and don't forget Obama either. he stuck with the Bush plan and was fortuate enough to catch Osama and put a bullet in his face.

so don't beat up on Cheney too much. we are all still alive. now if we can somehow get ourselves out of parts of the Middle East, everything would be peachy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I have never ever believed in anything that TPTB have had to say. As a child I distrusted ALL adults, probably because I had been abandoned and abused. I figured if the people who were supposed to have my best interest at heart could lie and abuse, why should the Gov., media, be any different.

I was just a child when JFK was murdered and it didn't sit right then, still doesn't. As the years have gone by and so many of my suspicions have proved true, it has only solidified my skepticism. It would be a much nicer existence if one could go through life thinking your gov. has your back. But, it is what it is and we go on.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Don't beat up on Cheney too much?

You say you don't believe in the alternative views that people have because it seems that their lives would be too boring unless they believe in the conspiracy, yet you haven't looked at the obscene amounts of money Halliburton have made out of these wars?

Seriously, I would suggest you research this a little more. If you do and you are more than happy to stand by your opinions then that is your perogative.

I have not or never will bash people for their opinions, unless they attack mine. Seriously though, unless you have any concept of the amounts of money involved then you will not comprehend where many of us are coming from.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It was definitely 9/11.
I mean, I had my issues and doubts before, but I thought after all, that's the way it is. Dumb people, leading other dumb people around and sometimes into the walls, believing that everything will eventually turn out right. We all do stupid things from time to time.

Then 9/11 happened, and like everybody else, I hated those 'terrorists'. I wanted justice to be done.
Unfortunately, by accident, I found 'In Plain Sight' on the internet. I was shocked. I was outraged and scared as the whole matrix crumbled down around me. I tried to talk with other people about it, to make them aware, but nobody was ready to be unplugged. I remember waiting and waiting for the Pentagon video release like an absolution. And when it came, and people swallow it, I finally got it. There are layers beneath layers beneath layers of realities, down to the very bottom of hell, and the overwhelming majority of people really are as blind and gullible as sheep. I understood that I'm lucky to live in a western country, therefore I'm only being lied and manipulated; would I have been born in Irak, or Africa I could have been killed in a blink of the eye for the matrix to stay in place. I understood that I must open my eyes and stand up for myself, cause no one else will do it; not God, not the governments, not the health system, not my fellow sheeples. Nobody.

I joined ATS only about 6 months ago, but ever since 9/11 my main source of info is internet, alternative news and stuff like this. Of course I don't buy into every crazy conspiracy existing out there; more layers of lies and deceit. Of course that there are things that I will probably never, ever know the truth about.

But at least I get to peak behind the matrix; I get to choose my own truth, and to give them the finger when they try to lie in my face.

S&F for the reminder why we all are here.

edit on 8-9-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
For me it was when Nixon resigned in disgrace. I grew up during the Vietnam war, convinced that I was going to be drafted right out of high school and be shipped off to fight and possibly die. As a result, I never planned for life beyond high school. We were all told at the time that if we didn't stop Communism it would topple one country at a time like dominoes, and eventually reach our doorstep.

Because of this, I became interested in politics at an early age. I was the only 11-year-old I knew who watched the news every evening, and I believed in Richard Nixon. I really believed that he was sincerely trying to end the war to save lives.

Nixon ran on the promise to end the war, and at the end of his first term (during an election year - go figure!) he was starting to pull troops out. He claimed he needed a second term to finish the job and have "peace with honor". I remember his campaign slogan to this day: "Nixon, now more than ever", and I bought it all.

Then came Watergate. I believed him when he claimed that he didn't know anything. I just knew that this sincere, honest, caring guy would never do anything dishonest like that. I believed him right up to the moment he resigned. I remember watching it live, and even remember the chair I was sitting in. It's that burned into my brain.

I never really got over the shock of being force-fed the red pill, and one conspiracy at a time lost more and more faith in politicians and government until I reached the point I'm at now, which is the knowledge that life as we know it never really existed.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For me it was 9/11 that solidified it.

Like many others I was shocked by it all but not surprised...I still remember the headlines prior to 9/11 - believe it or not we had such things as "Mercenaries" and one or two were on the headlines but post-9/11 they suddenly became the good guys.

Pre-9/11 Israel was being questioned from all sides, post-9/11 everyone had a new bad guy to focus on...

But when the BS started to mount around the events, that's when I put my flag in the sand and started to follow the conspiracy trail.

I am not a for or against person, I simply follow facts however on that day all science had been turned on it's head, what I had learned academically and what my peers had led in was, we were meant to believe on that fateful day, invalid (that's rights, centuries of science not applicable).

So here I am and I put myself in the same camp as these folks:

www.ae911truth.org...

I am a scientist at heart, an engineer by trade so I kind of get insulted when someone turns around and tells me that the circle I am holding in my hand is not a circle but a square...such is the analogy of the events of that fateful day.

Apart from that, the comedy, I can't get enough of it on ATS

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by lkpuede

Don't beat up on Cheney too much?

You say you don't believe in the alternative views that people have because it seems that their lives would be too boring unless they believe in the conspiracy, yet you haven't looked at the obscene amounts of money Halliburton have made out of these wars?

Seriously, I would suggest you research this a little more. If you do and you are more than happy to stand by your opinions then that is your perogative.

I have not or never will bash people for their opinions, unless they attack mine. Seriously though, unless you have any concept of the amounts of money involved then you will not comprehend where many of us are coming from.

so is that to say if you were in his shoes, you wouldn't have allowed your company to go do that work? even though Halliburton, long before The Evil Guy was Vice President, was a leader in the oil business, not only in the United States, but in the world?

oh ok. yea we believe that.

soooo....how much was you wanting for that bridge you got for sale in Brooklyn?
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
911, I knew there was something not right, too much coincidence with the numerology (911, flight numbers), Bush's really bad acting when he was notified. The events that followed after of deploying troops and going to war with Saddam instead of Osama. I had a gut feeling things are just not right. Then months after 911 I heard David Icke and after reading his book 'The hidden agenda' (symbolism, numerology, and hidden agenda), was when I began to question things and make some sense of the evil that has taken and continues to take place in our world. I am hopeful things will turn for the better consciousness to preserve the planet and human kind

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
water fluoridation is where my journey began

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I choose to think about all posiblities.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I can't say, as during my youth, i was the kid known as the "what if/why does" kid, in my household and to family. i've always had questions on how and why things work, perform and behave as they do. but one of my earliest kicks into things we call conspiracy, was the AIDS/Crack epidemic in the 80's. though i was a young kid, I was old enough to witness the changes in my community and it was stunning to me, how somethings i never heard of before, and some adults didn't either, could come on the scene and lay waste to families so fast. then, as an older child(still in the 80's) i heard murmurings of "ALPHABET BOYS" involvement, in reference to drugs, and The "package", as older sexually active teens and young adults called AIDS/HIV, being man made.

and my interest is extraterrestrial life i'll summarize with these personal statements:
"If humans exist and are here on this rock, life must be possible elsewhere."
"If humans have made this many advancements since our appearance on this rock, and it's a relatively young rock, what if there are other older and advanced life forms elsewhere?"
"if there is older/more advanced life, is it possible they have figured out long distance travel?"

But The Super Kicker for me was the situations surrounding 9/11.

1) why would someone choose to attack NY?
2) Why the Towers?
3) How is it that people with box cutters were able to overpower and commandeer a series of commercial airliners?
4) why is it that the buildings fell so fast? (my mind raced back to the Discovery channels popularization of Building demolition companies in the 24mos prior to 911)
5) Why was the rubble collected and sent off to china so fast, post collapse?
6) why is Ashcroft SINGING during the press conference???
7) If the terrorists leader was in afghanistan, why the push for hitting iraq?
8) why does Powell look so uncomfy with what he's reading?
9) what if this was an inside job? something used to force an agenda that would otherwise be strongly opposed?

edit on 8-9-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
J.F.K assasination hands down. Althgough I was not even born when this happened, later in life, I just knew something was not right, especially after watching the Zapruder film.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
It was the MSM reporting from the Iraq war versus alternative news which were opposites on a particular event. I remember thinking how sad it was that other peoples in other places had to listen to propaganda substituted for news. I later found out that the story as told by what I thought were propagandists, and labeled by the US as such, was actually the truth. I remembered my feeling sorry for them, and realized I was the one who was fooled.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I have always been the type to question things, much to my own dismay. I saw things, but I didn't want to believe them. Having grown up the way I did, half my childhood in my mothers abusive drug world, the other half in my grandparents religious extremism, I just wanted to be your average middle class American. You know, normal, and conspiracy theories just don't fit that picture of normalcy. However, as much as I tried to be ignorant, little things would bug me like the fact that they call it home ownership, but you never really do own your own home. Or the fact that they say you have the freedom to travel, but to get anywhere from my grandparents home, I would have to walk along the freeway and that was a crime. The fact that we aren't really free ate away at me.
Eventually I stumbled upon some serious corruption in my local government. I could no longer deny it, and by then I had come to realize your typical ignorant American, wasn't who I was anyways.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
For me, I can honestly say I never 'became' a conspiracy theorist, I just grew into one.

I remember my local library had a section right next to the chapter books with a sign above it that said 'Alternative Section,' and I remember thinking, 'Alternative to what?.'

Bigfoot, UFO's, esoterica, and other totally weird subjects were found there, and I must have read every one of them.

JFK and Lincoln's synchronicities really shook the tree of knowledge for me, and I began trying very hard to study all things historical that had remaining questions, unsolved mysteries.

I can recall being just unquenchably thirsty for all subjects strange.

That really just lead naturally into a life of trying to read between the neon lines.

I don't consider myself a 'conspiracy theorist' as that has a pretty negative connotation in my mind.

I prefer 'seeker of all things true and untrue.'

Granted, It's a bit wordier.

Good thread OP...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
zeitgeist. it made me do a whole bunch of research on stuff it covered. (days and weeks straight worth). then i started seeing other conspiracies as i was researching. then i bought jim mars' book "above top secret" which brought me here.

i've always had a belief of alien/ufo encounters/roswell etc... and the jfk shooting being a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Honestly, the instant I saw Bush Jr and sidekick Cheney "win" the White House, I felt as though I'd been kicked in the gut. Now understand that I was never into politics before...Just call it a terrible premonition of things to come.

Then 9/11 happened, and I knew there was much more to this than met the eye. I guess since then, I started my quest to find information...unbenounced to me...at this late date, still wondering what happened...why its all so wrong, and why we will never go back.

Each president brings us deeper down that rabbit hole

Now I am into Aliens, comets, and things tht go bump in the night
. Always have an open mind...and be greatful every day. Oh, I also have a feeling "These ARE the good old days"

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It was always common knowledge pretty much that there was something fishy about the kennedy thing. That just seemed to be what was openly accepted but thats where it stopped. I was 12 during the twin tower attacks i never gave it a second thought didnt interest me at all to think that the sotry that was told might not be the truth. I remember later on ppl posting videos about the buildings on myspace but still didnt spike my interest. It wasnt until mythbusters were busting the Die Hard myth about catching the jet fuel on fire and they were surprised on how unlike gasoline it was it didnt combust so easily, even with a torch to it. Whether relevant to the attacks or not thats what made me begin to second guess the accepted media story

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join