It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Watching Michael Moore's video on 9/11.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Wait for it...

But in saying that,im not necessarily a conspiracy theorist,well i at-least don't see myself that way.

I just naturally see the flaws in what we are being told and taught,like alot of other people.

Sometimes i don't pick up on it as quick as others subjects and cases,but i eventually get there.
edit on 8-9-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

Same here my friend....

... I was watching a "National Geographic" show about the "controversy of 9/11" a few days ago. It DID a bit of the "listening to both sides" song and dance -- but they PICKED the most difficult and complex "theories" to prove, and basically just assumed it would take "5,000+" people to carry it off.

THEN to add insult to injury -- or maybe just insult me a bit more -- they brought on some British psychologist -- because you KNOW Americans stop questioning logic when it has a British accent -- and HE told me that "I needed to feel important. That having a simple answer makes me feel more secure." What? For one thing; I feel a LOT LESS SECURE knowing that Bush crime family worked with some skull and bones outfits to pull this off -- and the details of the Patriot Act are a lot scarier to me than some bunch of nuts in a Cave of Afghanistan (even though MOST of the planning and training was conducted in Jupiter Florida according to the "officials").

The SIMPLE, COMFORTING ANSWER, is the Official Government Story. Nothing could be simpler and less respecting of Physics. Bad guys collect a few shekels and somehow teleport from Afghanistan to Saudi Arabia where the CIA gives them passports even though they are on a watch list, then the go train to take off in planes and not land for a month about 3 miles from , drive jet fuel into buildings, bodies, video tapes, and flight manifests are incinerated but not passports, and then we invade Iraq and Afghanistan and put in embassies on oil pipeline routes -- what could be simpler?

Also, apparently; I WANT to be a conspiracy theorist so that I can sound smart. I didn't really spend much time with conspiracies UNTIL 9/11 -- but maybe it was a latent, ego-driven need that didn't come to me until after I was 30 years old.

Being on the Deans List in college and having a genius IQ just wasn't enough for me -- I had to alienate friends and people at work saying; "inside job." Because, according to the British psychologist consulted by National Geographic; wondering why over 80 sources of video at the Pentagon and at least half a dozen REPORTED confiscations resulted in 5 frames of video 5 years later -- is evidence of a personality disorder and a need for attention. It's a wonder I'm not working a pole at some strip club...

Why didn't the bad guys just get a ticket at La Guardia airport -- did the KNOW Dick Cheney was going to run drills at NORAD so they'd have an hour to fulfill their plans? -- was this on a bulletin board somewhere?

But, because SOME people think there were painted drones that swapped out with real airplanes at the WTC -- I have to ignore that the head of security at the FAA destroyed the RADAR records of that day. No reason given -- he just felt like it and he was reprimanded and had to not show up at work for two days.

Sure would be HANDY to see if a plane flew over the Pentagon while an explosion took out the wall -- but we will just have to be content in NOT being able to shut those darn conspiracy theorists up, because they wonder why so MANY weird coincidences took place.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I saw a ufo when i was 10 while swimming with mom, dad and a family friend....nothing scares my dad and not much excites him. He kept talking about how the object moving couldnt be one of our crafts...we both saw the same thing and have talked about it several times....on top of that my dad could care less about aliens and ufos but he remembers that incident well...it had a different effect on me...im constantly hunting for new info on them. This is why i came to this site.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ever since I was little I have believed in aliens, big foot, nessy, etc. So I guess it's just always been part of my nature to gravitate towards "conspiracies" and "alternative" knowledge.

Very interesting post, by the way. I love reading everyone's reasons!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Yes me too.

I remember as a small boy,watching the events in Dallas unfold, pointing to the television at LBJ and telling my father,"He did it,he had him killed".

Then when RFK was taken out in Calif. and a person from Calif. became President......

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i'm not a conspiracy theorist. i'm of the mind that government NEEDS to keep secrets, (i know if i were a government, i wouldn't put all my business out in the street for everyone, friends and enemies alike, to see), and yes, life is as boring as it would appear to be.

but dayum is it entertaining to read the stories people come up with the explain the most mundain things of life...almost as if they didn't have them stories, they'd die of boredom.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

When i started to Remember Who & what I was and where ive Been in my Childhood to my Teens
to my experience in the Military as i Blocked most of it .. a Safety Security blanket Switch

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
i'm not a conspiracy theorist. i'm of the mind that government NEEDS to keep secrets, (i know if i were a government, i wouldn't put all my business out in the street for everyone, friends and enemies alike, to see), and yes, life is as boring as it would appear to be.

but dayum is it entertaining to read the stories people come up with the explain the most mundain things of life...almost as if they didn't have them stories, they'd die of boredom.

I agree that government needs to keep secrets, where would we be if we didn't?? Probably talking German!!

But there is a difference between Secrets and outright deceit. The justification for the war in Iraq was a lie and the few who tried to revael this this met an unfortunate demise.

9/11 was the catalyst for all of this.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
9/11, the way those buildings came down, that's when I started suspecting things were not right.

Then when the economy collapsed in 2008 I became a full fledged conspiracy theorist. Ever since I've been looking back at events in history with a new perspective. As long as I keep reminding myself that the motive behind everything is money, greed and power, then the reasons start to make sense as to why we are manipulated and lied to.

However, it doesn't make the future look to bright.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

In 1973, I was stationed in Germany, an army buddy of mine toke his leave in Jeruslam. While he was there, we heared over the radio that there was very distructive riots occuring at the same time in that city. needless to say were feared for his life. When he got back from leave, we asked if he had been hurt in the riots. He looked at us as if we were nuts. We then explained what we heared over the radio, after which he exclaimed "so that is what it was about". He then explained to us, while he was in Jeruslam, NBC, ABC, CBS,and others were going around paying people $20.00 each to act out a riot. and that was what Americans got for news. sence then I don't trust anything the major news outlets have to say. The Government dosn't do anything about all those lies, in fact it is a source of some of those lies. Trust the news? I don't think so. This is not a made up story! George Vess

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Me? It begun for my in late 90s with learning about the Kennedy Assasination and also UFOs. But full interest into the topic was ignited when I first heard about the term: NWO. Then I begun to search the net ... and it just started to grow bigger and bigger with each day ... a week later I found ATS and 3 months later I made a profile here. Thats my personal history with conspiracy theories and ATS.

edit on 12/08/09 by Durabys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
When I was in seventh grade I read 1984, that did it.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The JFK assasination. They could not have been more blatant about it. An 'in your face' conspiracy and a 'What cha gonna do about it? ' attitude from the Powers.

edit on 8-9-2011 by SeekerDave007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I've always been skeptical of the JFK assassination but 9/11 put the icing on the cake. That was when I realized that everything is not what it seems. The government is there to be served by the people rather than vice-versa.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
The JFK assasination .
Even as a small boy, when I first saw the Zapruder film , I could see something wasn't right .

This!

But 9/11 - and especially the quickly prepared Patriot Act - made me know that something was rotten in Denmark.

The evidence that came thereafter only cemented my suspicions.

Now I am FULLY AWAKE!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nesta
When I was in seventh grade I read 1984, that did it.

That would do it!!

It's always puzzled me how a work of fiction suddenly became an instruction manual.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
As a child growing up I began to question my parents after learning that Santa/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy/etc... were all stories to try and keep us kids in control. Then I began questioning religion, was raised Irish Catholic. By my early to mid teens I have already began studying different religous theologies. I was now beginning to understand how the world worked, how mass populations of people were controlled.

I did not dwell on this matter as I was still young, and proceeded to do the partying most teenagers in Philly do while growing up. My partying life did not cease until I was nearly 30.

I went to college at 32 and one of the topics to choose a paper on was UFOs. I have always believed in ETs visiting us, but never really did fathom the amount of evidence throughout history, all the way back to cave paintings of flying ships, crop circles, abductions, etc... This gave me my first real clues to how far TPTB would go to keep certain history quiet.

In 2007 a chilhood friend contacted me and asked me to look at a video called Loose Change. He was all about conspiracies. I watched the film, and did not believe it, I was shocked to think anyone could believe our own goverment could kill it's own people. I lost a friend when we had a heated debate and I called him a F'n moron.

I never really paid attention again to the 911 theories until I was turned onto a sight by an architec I knew. He asked me to look at A&E911truth.org (Architecs and Engineers for 911 Truth). The presentation Richard Gage gave was very informative. I began doing extensive research myself, found sites by NY firefighters for 911 truth, Pilots for 911 truth, etc... You know the drill.

I started buying about 100$/month for history books, current event books, books by Eric Van Daniken (Especially History is Wrong). I started tracking down old clips of newspapers from almost 100 years ago, dealing with the creation of The Federal Reserve. Norman Dobbs report on the minutes of the big bankers who planned the rewriting of history in the USA by taking over the Dept of Education.

There is soo much out there and can go back many years, even possibly hundreds of years if you start bringing the Khazrians(Rothchilds) into the picture.

People are a funny bunch, they will believe in a book written by men who supposedly were told to write it by some divine being. Yet when you ask them to explain how pre iron age man moved 500-1k ton diorite/granite and carve it with precise engravings their answer is simple, manpower. About how ancient people/tribes spoke of beings from the stars landing and communicating with them and helping them construct megolithic monuments like Ankor Wat.

Look at what is going on today with the GOP race. There is definetly a conspiracy to keep Ron Paul out of the public eye as much as possible.

The thing about me being a conspiracy theorist is that I will have food/water/meds/living materials/heirloom seeds for when a disaster does happen, and will be able to take care of my family. Unlike many of the big city people I grew up with. I am from Philly PA, moved my family to Utah as it is one of the least likely places to be targeted by any enemy in the near future. Plus it is much better living here then in Philly.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was a child when I noticed that politicians said one thing and did another or did nothing.
I listened to my parents and grand parents as they talked politics...they seemed to believe that those elected could actually do what needed to be done.
I noticed the absurdities of what people said needed to be done and the lack of any action on the part of those who were in authority.
But the real kicker that sticks in my mind to this day....is that I heard Pres. F. Roosevelt say,(and I can still hear him) "Our Boys will never fight on foreign soil."
And it was only a few months later that they were doing exactly that. My little heart was terrified that the boy who was meant for me would be one of the casualties, and I think to this day that he was.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I don't see myself as a conspiracy theorist. It seems no different than all the other tags applied to stereotype people into easy-to-identify groupings. Other examples would include, but not be limited to, truthers, birthers, homophobes, islamaphobes, xenophobes, haters, liberals, neocons, etcetera, etcetera and of course, etcetera.

We're a large, dynamic species so... mix and match as you please.

As for the first incident where I found fault in an official story? The assassination of JFK. That awakening dates back to the early 1970s when I began to get an inkling that truth was not found on a TV screen or purity in the cereal box on the kitchen table.

It was sometime after that when finally I acquired another tag... one that I also do embrace; cynic.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Originally posted by lkpuede

I agree that government needs to keep secrets, where would we be if we didn't?? Probably talking German!!

But there is a difference between Secrets and outright deceit. The justification for the war in Iraq was a lie and the few who tried to revael this this met an unfortunate demise.

9/11 was the catalyst for all of this.

i'm gonna agree with you on the Iraq thing. i tend to be resistant to conspiracy theories, largely because things in life generally make sense. i think Bush lied about Iraq. that in itself makes no sense.

Bush wanted to kill Saddam Hussain because Hussain tried to kill the first George Bush...well now that makes perfect sense. i think he just got in over his head.

there is alien life in the galaxy all watching over earth. yea ok whatever.

there is alien life in the galaxy and the United States only by accident stumbled upon. and it's kept secret because a) the other alien life form in the galaxy prefers not to have it's existance known or b) it's better that humans were allowed to go on with their lives, and Aunt Margie should be let to continue praising the Lord as she's done for the last 50 years.

well that makes sense. i'd even tend to agree with that, given earth is a planet where people hate each other just because their skin color is different, their political views are different, or their religion is different. they don't need to know anything about anything, is what i'd say if the choice was mine and mine alone.

so no i'm not a conspiracist. i'll believe a conspiracy that once it's uncovered makes normal every day sense. until then...i think it's all a fantasy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join