It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Smoking pot, mostly.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
George Carlin. When I was 15 years old, he used to come into the store where I worked during the summer. We would talk about many things when he would come in. As time went on and our conversations grew, he helped me wake up to how the world really is. I was very lucky to have met him at such an early age.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have been lurking here for a few years and it is about time I actually joined in the fun. I woke up a little bit at the y2k farce. I never fell for it and sure enough nothing happened. Then 9/11 happened and I woke up alittle bit more. It was the same time I was waking up about regilion too. Now I research and question everything. I took me awhile to come out of the coma.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
In the sixties, kids began to wake up and question authority here in the USA. There was a slogan "don't trust anyone over 30". This was when the secret bombings were taking place in Viet Nam, and when things like the MeiLai massacre took place, and the Watergate scandal happened. I think there was an awakening and a realization that we were being fed propaganda and lied to. The establishment did not like this, and students were shot down at Kent State University for demonstrating against the corruption. There seemed to be a backlash after this and the whole alternative movement was labeled a bunch of drug and sex-crazed hippies. People did not want to hear that the war was immoral and artificially "created" and that the government would actually lie to them. We listened to the "Ballad of the Green Berets" by Sgt. Barry Sadler, while in real life the Green Berets were massacring women and children and dropping napalm on villages. Hopefully, folks will wake up again and realize that we are being fed propaganda now and much of our news is "scrubbed" of anything that might be harmful to the rich and powerful. It's amazing how some news stories - UFO accounts for example - are ridiculed out of hand, or seem to disappear or morph into something different altogether.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I saw a TR3B.
Strangely enough that event made me feel more "normal".
I had always felt that there was more to our (spoon fed) reality and it always made me feel that there was something wrong about the world that made me feel alienated and angry and I couldn't work out why.
It makes a bit more sense to me now!

Good thread BTW.

edit on 9-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2011 by BruceWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What made me get into conspiracies would have to have been the fact that there could be extraterrestrial life, so I've searched for an answer since I was a kid.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is a bit of a rant but it explains my point..

My mum and dad were unfortunate to become "cancer victims."
This term is used in the "alternative medicine sector." (I believe William Donald Kelley used it.)
It really does define snippet of wisdom which is spawned out of pure truth and is frequently overlooked. .

My family were well washed by "authority figures" into brushing aside the truth and they died as a result.
My mum was offered 5FU chemotherapy for a chance of remission when in fact the chance of cure was 0%.
It was a "standard to do," not even ethical as the science shows it is a crock.

I was informed by numerous ignoramus's that there is nothing that "can be done."
(Lieing/turned down right nasty/support groups/ignorant doctors/palliative care etc.)
I was offered by an "oncologist" (WONKCOLOGIST) A fantastic strawman argument.

"Don't believe what you read on the internet. I have people eating apricot pits and it isn't doing anything for them."
I find funny now in a macabre kind of way. "Believe me, don't believe you. I am GOD!"

I dug and dug and found out that there was indeed something that could be done, however it exists in
the alternative medicine sector outside the box in the land of "quacks"

So what turned me into a "conspiracy theorist"?
I am rebelling against ignorant authority figures who really should be doing their homework instead of hurting people.
I guess I am a skeptic, a wacko, a kook.. Whatever. It depends on where you are coming from.

"If the treatment did not work then where are the tumors, sir?? Selection Bias Spontaneous remissions don't cut it!"

To back up my argument, consider Coley's Toxins, which to my knowledge is not used as a mainstream treatment.
It has a lot of science behind it including numerous controlled/uncontrolled studies.

What got me was that a gold standard, randomized double blind placebo driven study showed that it was superior
to a fever inducing placebo in the treatment of cancer.
People with cancer and no other option _could_ have hope and be offered a cure with this.

There's also the Sartori cesium chloride protocols which is basically group case studies, not gold standard I know,
but remarkable remissions and disappearances of tumors in terminal patients with 50% survival, whereas standard offered close to 0%.

There's also Burzinski who produces 30%+? cures in non controlled studies for childhood brainstem glioma never seen in mainstream before.

The pseudo skeptics have no real answers to these points, just hot air.

Limbo

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
After working in what is now the Department of Homeland Security since August of 1971, knowing some particular incidents first hand, then seeing the extreme disparity on how the MSM delivers it to the public.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Princess Diana and Dodi deaths were no accident. Her surviving bodyguard Trevor Jones said he saw two white Fiat Uno tailing them in the tunnel just before everything went dark. Security cameras also went offline. France court blocked his claim. It was clearly an assassination masterminded by British royal family via suspected France and British intelligence. They murdered Princess Diana because she was about to convert to Muslim (and marry Dodi Al Fayed). British royal family could not tolerate the shame, feared that Prince William and Harry might follow her footsteps.

Sep 11 2001 STAGED terrorist attacks. The official report that WTC towers pulverized by jet fuel was total BS. There were demolitions planted in the buildings and survivors/witnesses heard explosions seconds before and after at levels as low as basement.

The military invasions and rebellions (funded by US & Allies) of Muslim countries. First Afghanistan, then Iraq. Then, Egypt, Libya, Syria, Yemen, Lebanon, Pakistan...

edit on 9/9/2011 by wisdomnotemotion because: info

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

There is a lot of built-in interests and money-makers in the health care industry that are unfortunately, preying on people who are basically being told "your money or your life". That's the choice they are given and most people do not question what the "experts" tell them. Don't listen to those holistic quacks or those Chinese or Indian medicine people. What would they know using whole herbs for the last 5,000 years or so. Detox ? what are you a nut ? What you need is an MRI, some sonograms, x-rays and some prescription drugs that might do some horrible things to your body, but you have to have them despite the fact that you cannot afford to buy them.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When i learn the fact that more than one bilion people are starving every day .This is the biggest conspiracy in the world

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
When Jfk was assassinated. At the time seeing it on the news and events that followed..
Since then kept a wary eye on the denizens of dizzy city and their game

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I forgot, it was the Santa Clause conspiracy. Everyone was in on it. They laughed as I fell for it. I even thought I saw him in the sky. I will get my revenge on society for making a fool of me. HA HA.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Dude[ette]! welcome back! how are ya?

reply to post by Cobaltic1978

since i was 3 yrs i knew what i wanted to be when i grew up: an astronaut. i was preparing myself by studying astronomy and science since then.
i had some supernatural experiences beginning shortly after what i call my "Valerie Moment" at age 7, i also found out about my jewish ancestry [spanish sephardim]

at age 12 i was reading a book called "inside the 3rd reich" and there was a description of an "experiment" as an example of how evil and insane those nazi scientists were, it involved tying people by the ankles or wrists and dropping them from ever increasing heights until their arms or legs popped out at the joint, a photo of the journals with the data from that experiment was shown. the author was all "what kind of madmen do this?".

when it hit me out of the blue.

they were acceleration experiments.

those "crazy" experiments were about exposing people to extremes:heat,cold, air pressure,acceleration, etc.

it was with tears of rage i gave up my dream of being an astronaut,
because when i was 12 years old i discovered that much of the data that led to the success of america's [and the ussr's] space programs, was obtained from the atrocities of the nazi concentration camps.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

my search began when i was little like 6 or something when i started having these intense dreams of other worlds and beings and finally being able to control my consciousness then at some point i realize that i have been out of my body and i was able to go places and *hit like that, and whenever i wake up i always wonder and think about things. i was confused with what my body and was doing. i do not know about the internet back then..

i was desperate for answers and the internet introduced me to the people with the similar experiences and i have learned that its a part of the rulers goal to keep the sheeples eyes wide shut and bombard us with nasty chemicals in the air, the food sources and water, vaccinations, man made diseases ect. i realize its all a game to them. they all sit in the same room, the blind innocent keeps changing sides not knowing it comes from the same rulers. so i think it was that experience i had when i was little that turned me into a "conspiracy theorist"

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The murder of Princess Diana...9/11 controlled demolition...blah and blah!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Since I was a little kid I was always interested in the unexplainable.
I remember coming up with theories about the bermuda triangle and the pyramids with my friends when we were around 7-8 years old. If I remember correctly pyramids were some sort of communication devices and the bermuda triangle had something to do with magnets and radio waves ha ha ha. We thought we were uber smart and had everything figured out.
I also happen to have a pretty awesome mother who since early age got me interested in history, we had tonnes of history books around, and we always got into amazing discussions in which she would give me mainstream historical facts, and then discuss some "out there" stuff (i.e. we would talk about WWII and then she would tell me about Ahnenerbe, third reich and the occult, ancient civilizations, pyramids possibly being older than they're supposed to be, etc.etc.). My mom is by no means a conspiracy theorist, but she's a pretty curious person, and I guess that kind of rubbed off on me.
Plus I grew up in Russia in 1980's, The country was pretty much falling apart, and it was an interesting time to question everything.
Communism always boggled me as a kid, to me it seemed like the biggest conspiracy.Pretty hard to wrap your head around when you're a kid-
I didn't know any commies. My family didn't believe in communism. Hell, no one around me believed in communism. Teachers in school sort of half heartedly went through the whole commie spiel. Watching us commies portrayed in american movies was always a wtf moment ha ha. I grew up in an arsty fartsy community (directors, actors, poets), and the joke was as long as they fulfilled their patriotic (read commie) quota, they were pretty much left alone to write/produce whatever they wanted. Just seemed like a secret that everyone was in on. Where the hell were all those hardcore communists that I kept hearing about? Why is everyone pretending? Conspiracy I tells ya!
Of course that was my take on it as a dumb 6-7 year old. .
Also around '88-'89 there were a bunch of UFO sightings around where I lived, and a friend had an encounter (Quite possibly bull**** on my friends part, but of course UFO's became a new obsession
).
After that it was all about space, space race, moon landings, which led to USA and from there to the bay of pigs, to JFK, et cetera et cetera. Just kind of snowballed from there on

Later on X-Files and Nowhere Man didn't help either lol

I don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist really, just a curious person who doesn't always buy mainstream history.

Wow, long post, sort of rambling here. Sorry

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

well somebody has got to stir the imagination

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Jfk and 9/11.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
For me (and many of us here in Minnesota) it was the assassination of Senator Paul Wellstone.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join