It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have contributed to many subjects on this fantastic site, but it did get me thinking.

What one particular incident made you decide to look at alternative views and dare I say it, become a Conspiracy Theorist?

For me it was definitley the claim that Iraq had obtained/built WMD's. The problem for me to be honest is I actually bought into this BS. I went along with my Government in calling for Iraq to obey something that they were never in a posisition to achieve, i.e provide access for the Weapons Inspectors to these WMD's or face the consequences.

I believed it when they told us that Iraq could fire missiles at Cyprus and that these weapons could be prepared and fired within 12 minutes.

I believed it when they told us Saddam was preparing chemical weapons and these would most likely be used on our servicemen if we were to attack Iraq.

I believed it when a number of Newspapers advised that Saddam was preparing a chemical attack on the U.K using perfume bottles to conceal the chemicals.

I believed it when they claimed that it would only be a matter of time before Saddam turned his attention to producing Nuclear Weapons.

In essence, I believed a Lie. I believed the B.S that was being told all over the MSM, told by the reporters and being endorsed by MY Government.

I remember the number of anti-war rallies being conducted in my City and thinking, why don't you just find yourself a job, it's going to happen and he deserves it (Saddam).

Anyway, a few months later, when it became apparent that they were struggling to find these WMD's, I was then informed that it didn't actually really matter. They had now captured Saddam and he will pay the price for the atrocities he imposed on his fellow countrymen/women. Like we were all of a sudden the World's Judge and Jury (although I miust admit looking back thoughout history, we have always behaved like this).

Then I watched a speech by Bush, where he made light of the fact that they couldn't find the WMD's. I remember him saying, 'Are they under this rock? No.'' Are they under that rock? No.' Whilst all the while laughing and making fun of the situation, forgetting that thousands had lost their lives because of his claims.(in fact this is probably more in the region of millions).

This was the turning point for me. I actually saw the light, the world for what it was. I felt betrayed, a fool, a mug.

From that point on, I started to research and discovered there was an altenative view that went so deep into the rabbit hole, I sometimes don't even know where to begin.

Okayy, I know I have been droning on, so it would be interesting to discover what the turning point was for my fellow ATSers.

Regards
edit on 7/9/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Mine was simple. I saw the Jerusalem UFO video and was blown away with what I saw, and the validity of having more than one viewpoint really sold me. I did research online about the video, and of course I was lead here. Since then, I am now a proud member of ATS, and continue to read about anything I can related to just about all the topics on this board. I have really fallen into 9/11 theories, among other oddities like Elenin, D4rk Kn1ght, and others. Now that I have made it this far, I don't ever see myself going back to the "ignorance is bliss" mindset.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The events surrounding 9/11, Afghanistan and Iraq.
When it first happened, i was 15 years old and didn't care much about politics (probably the case for most kids) but when Iraq was invaded and all the conspiracy videos about the 9/11 started to appear on youtube, that's when it all started for me.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The JFK assasination .
Even as a small boy, when I first saw the Zapruder film , I could see something wasn't right .

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I would have to say it was definitely 9-11 for me. At the onset, I believed the O/S because, like everyone else, I was in shock at the sight of this horror. But then, after the initial shock, things began to look fishier and fishier. The way the buildings came down, building 7, I.D.s found, burning metal underground for weeks, witnesses ignored, asbestos, insurance policies, etc., etc. I still don't know what to believe on the matter and rarely post in that forum because I think I really need to try to keep an open mind until there are more things proven. I will say this though.... there HAVE been many proven conspiracies in the past.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Now initially, 9/11 I believed the OS.Never crossed my mind to look at the evidnce and question it. I have since changed my mind BIG time.

The OS is so full of holes, it embarasses a swiss cheese!!

JFK was always interesting, a President being assassinated, unbelievable. I never even contemplated that there could be an alternative view to this. I didn't watch JFK until a couple of years ago, mainly because of a busy lifestyle, but also because Conspiracy Theories didn't intrigue me in the slightest.

However, undertaking research in this area, certainly opened my eyes and mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
When i heard about the new world order, and whats happening in iraq then finding out its a different story somewhere else, combined with seeing many ufos over there years

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Birth.

I remember the dark blur turning into bright grayish blur followed by a strange man with a mask who was pulling and tugging on me and wiping me, and thinking, "THANK GOD IM NOT A FLY!"

plus i grew up watching unsolved mysteries... and then the x-files....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
9/11

That morning I was walking up the steps to my house after early morning hockey practice and my mother was in the doorway saying "you gotta come see this".

I was watching these building smoking and suddenly the first started to fall. Immediate I laughed (not maliciously but as in oh yea....really......) and said "that's a controlled fall". There was never any doubt for me that these buildings were demoed. I didn't know who did, why they did it, or even how but since that day I've never trusted MSM or governmental agencies.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I got into conspiracy theories when I first heard about secret societies governing our existence which was roughly 2 years ago. Ever since, I have been on a downward spiral, falling further and further away from the mainstream reality we are initially conditioned to live. The shackles are off and I feel free in knowing that I control what goes into my head (or at least what I choose to pay attenton to anyway).

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
Birth.

I remember the dark blur turning into bright grayish blur followed by a strange man with a mask who was pulling and tugging on me and wiping me, and thinking, "THANK GOD IM NOT A FLY!"

plus i grew up watching unsolved mysteries... and then the x-files....

Ah, so your life has been one BIG conspiracy? Interesting!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Over 40 years ago, after realizing Santa Claus was one big fat lie.....what really did it for me was, a nun held up a picture of Adam and Eve, explaining to us how they were created (sand and rib) and yet; each were donning belly buttons! I knew I could be fooled no more

link   

yep, im the anti-christ, but *shhh* dont tell me, its a secret.

link   
There was never really a turning point for me. I thought the whole of the 'adult' world was one massive lie, from a young age.
Didn't have the most brilliant childhood, so I grew very bitter during my teen years and never believed anything the 'adults' (inc. TPTB, MSM etc) told me Ishould be seeing, until I actually saw it with my own eyes.
At age 17 I considered the way people older than me pretended they had everything sussed, how blind they were to anything outside of the ordinary, how deaf to voices they considered less important or intelligent than their own, to be the worlds biggest conspiracy of all.

I guess looking back it was arrogance, and anger.
Now.. calmer, and more rational, I see it has stood me in good stead.
It really is better to see things for yourself, even if that means searching for proof by yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I became involved with all this stuff when I saw my first UFO when I was 13.

It was green and glowing and just smoothly flying by in the distance. Afterwards, I started reading all these books about UFOs, then government conspiracies, etc...etc.... I also discovered the X Files while researching this stuff and then started to research all of the topics that the show talked about. I am now 22 and closer to the truth than most people I know even care to think about

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nice one, no flies on you!!

I have never thought of it that way, but to be honest, I never bought into the whole religion thing anyway. Nice to hear you were obviously paying attention to detail.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

The Bay of Pigs and Kennedy assasination. I was in the 7th grade at the time. Even then I believed Johnson was behind it. Johnson then lied about the Tonkin Gulf attack to launch a war in Vietnam. Everything has gone down hill since then. The same names and the same groups of people always show up in these lies and deceptions perpetrated on the world. All my life I have been waiting for them to get what they deserve. Instead they get richer and crazier. I have always wondered how long can this group of people continue to get away with what they are doing before the general population realizes what they are doing. They always say what goes around comes around. I am not sure if that applies to the perpetrators or the people who look the other way.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
i think it was a combination of being abused from birth (like they talk about the illuminati doing to their kids)and betrayed every so called authority in my life ,and seeing UFOs ,spirits,experiencing powers of my own (nevermind that now)

I knew that reality was not as represented,so began my never ending quest who do I blame and what do I do about it

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

When my mom told me her explanation for giving me the middle name of A. only (initial only) and I absolutely hated it. I would ask her and ask her, "Mom!" "Why didn't you give me a real name?" "What does the A stand for?" And she would smile and say, "Alien." But then laugh it off and tell me I was kid number five and she had to hurry up and get home from the hospital so she could deal with the electric company and get the lights turned back on and really didn't have time to think up something better. I asked her if it stood for the month I was born in, which was April, and she just smiled and said, "Sure, baby."
S & F...great thread, OP

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I have to say, all of that happened before I was born, but again I have read up on these incidents and certainly my own thoughts are that Johnson was behind JFK's asassination.

I also see the same names cropping up and they are all linked to great wealth. I have often thought that all of this could be down to jealousy of the wealth, but then you look at the privacy of the Bilderbergs and the names linked to that and the Jigsaw pieces fit.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join