It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What particular incident turned you into a Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenMindedCynic

reply to post by odyseusz

I grew up in the Vietnam War era and always believed everything I was told. Later, I found out the USA was supporting murderous dictators and assasinating people. This was incredible to me. I also saw a UFO when I was 18 y.o. and told my mother. She dismissed it immediately with the usual explanations even though she wasn't there. Then there was the Kennedy assasination. As I grew older, I came to realize that people's motives are driven by greed 99% of the time. Now, when I examine motives for why people do things, I seem to always be able to find that greed angle in there somewhere. Big pharma, big health care, big business in general, they lie for profit. They cheat for profit. People die for profit. Wars that we thought were over "moral" issues were fought for profit. There are plenty of conspiracies out there, and more coming to light every day.

I'm one generation younger but I grown in Poland in time of the communism. Bizarre place to be born, where every one knows that everything what is told by officials or media is a lie. If you buy in the morning newspaper and try to read something which look like declassified secret government document, where half of the text is censored by black marker, you realize that you live in something relay strange. People in Poland have natural born tendency to not believe in what the government says. I grown up in Gdansk. My father was in Solidarity movement during the collapse of the communism and new democratic government said that everything would be now better but we saw that the same people which were in power before come back with money they couldn't get in legal way and many people had understood that communism and democracy are the to faces of the same mess. The same lies are being told now but in more sophisticated way. In communism the lies are obvious. in democracy are hidden. This is my story

Isn't that incredible how different ways led us to the same place. We were born in the two different poles of the universe.
edit on 8-9-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You are correct, Democracy and Communism are two sides of the same coin.

I do not know what it feels like to live in a communist country, but I am beginning to understand more and more everyday.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
What one particular incident made you decide to look at alternative views and dare I say it, become a Conspiracy Theorist?

ATS!

I came here looking for ghost pictures...pfft! That was a long time ago...
edit on 8-9-2011 by TreadUpon because: (no reason given)

Snap!
But I arrived here looking for tyres!!

ATS

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
hell, i'd even go so far as to say that i agree Flight 93 was shot down. cause it all makes sense.

of course it was shot down. it can't be let to crash into the White House. absolutely not. and shot down over rural Pennsylvania where the damage can be limited, yea that makes perfect sense. and the cover-up makes sense too. you can't have people knowing that the government shot down a civilian plane, even if it was hijacked. so just say the passengers took over the plane and give them some sense of dignity. that all makes sense to me.

it makes sense that the planes over New York couldn't be shot down because you'd risk even more loss with planes and debris falling over Manhattan. so they were stuck hoping for the best. they got the worst...but thats how things sometimes go. some say the Government is the culprit in the downing of the Twin Towers. but for what? what could be accomplished by knocking down your own buildings?

now...some say that the government planned all of this as a pretext to go to war in the Middle East...to what end? War costs money and lives. and if it were oil the United States was after...well the United States has one of the largest oil fields in the whole world. plus they have their friends in Saudi Arabia, not to mention their new found friends in Brazil, who also have crazy big oil fields. so the US is not now, nor will it be, facing any problems with an oil shortage for the next hundreds of years, regardless of what the lastest Rick Perry or Michelle Bachman says.

so to what sensible cornerstone does this conspiracy rest on?

none, as near as i can tell.
edit on 8-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You are correct, Democracy and Communism are two sides of the same coin.

I do not know what it feels like to live in a communist country, but I am beginning to understand more and more everyday.

American will never be a communist country friend!

Welfare is nothing more than a tool to manage or prevent extreme poverty and all the problems that come along with it.

In reality we keep people out of the dirt because it affords us all a higher standard of living. Those who are unwilling to pull themselves out of the dirt will not magically go and get a job they will instead turn to crime, drug dealing etc… and if there are enough of them they will form shanty towns etc… Just look to Lagos if you do not believe this. There are many reasons why we have welfare, and at the very bottom of the list is the humanity factor.

What you save in welfare checks will be spent fighting the unheard of crime levels. Your prisons will overflow and your streets will not be safe.

I have traveled allot in my life, and I can tell you for a fact that no welfare = third world!

We have many millions of the same that you see in the worst slums in the world for lack of better way to put it. It would be nice if you had a magic wand here, but you need only look to housing projects of the 50's and 60's to see what you are really asking for. Your dogma is not new, and there are very good reasons why things are the way they are today.

You are eating a BS pie friend! Our Social Services are all that maintain the American way of life you hold so dear!

I am with in that the systems are abused, and way to many Americans take advantage, but we must prevent extreme poverty and the problems it brings.

The slums or shanty towns breed crime like we have never seen in America. Really you have no idea!

edit on 8-9-2011 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
When i saw a U.F.O. in broad daylight and realised people will listen to me for life changing advice but when i tell them i saw a U.F.O. Their minds switch off because of the bull portrayed by the media that is controlled by the secret governments.
Just the sight of one U.F.O. sent my brain which was already objective into a realm of questioning everything the authorities told us.It led me to believe "what else is true?"If someone told me in all honestly they seen had a Leprechaun i would listen objectively and not dismiss it out of hand - bottom line is that seeing is really believing.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

You are correct war does cost money, but it is always paid out of our Taxes!! But it also came at a human cost. How many millions have lost their lives in Afghanistan and Iraq?

Cheney did alright out of the Iraq war his company Halliburton, he was the BIGGEST winner. The guy is evil incarnate.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
9/11 was the eye-opener for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was raised around sci-fi fans (my father and brothers) and a mother with an open mind.

Whenever I heard about UFO's and Aliens I was never too suprised, it's something I accepted very early in my life.

We've had plenty of paranormal experiences in our lives and watched alot of X-Files and UFO/Alien related documentries on Discovery.

Later in life I became more interested in general conspiracies like 9/11, the war on terrorism, etc.

A friend of mine introduced me to Rense.com, Alex Jones etc and I started to become aware, later on I started digging more especialy about UFO's, Secret military projects (Aurora and such).

In late 2004 I found ATS and never looked back.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

... i'm not a conspiracist. i'll believe a conspiracy that once it's uncovered makes normal every day sense. until then...i think it's all a fantasy.

Just playing devil's advocate here... and because I am curious as to your logic center on the subject.

Where exactly does one reach a point when a conspiracy theory make everyday sense? I mean, taking into account the stories associated with so many, most of them gather validity because they rail against what is commonly believed to be true. Everyday sense tells us right away to buy official stories because in most cases, they are backed up by official sources that carry the credentials for knowing what something was.

It seems to me that, in most cases, it is because everyday sense is violated that we follow the so-called conspiracy theory. We walk out on the limb, tread the thin ice because something not so common and sensible tells us that what we think we see is not what is actually there.

Just running up the conversation here. Not looking for an argument.

__/|\__

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This incident, and others that were false flags to start a war.
www.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Good question...

While working in an orang-utan sanctuary in Bukit Lawang on Sumatra, Indonesia's north island, I met a Canadian that introduced me to a book. A fascinating, if slightly obsessive book. "The biggest secret", by David Icke... My journey began...

PA

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
When I was senior in high school I did my final report for my U.S. History class on the assassination of JFK. After doing all the research for that report, I became convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald did not act alone, or may have even been uninvolved. This certainly changed my views about our beloved government. I've been cautiously questioning everything about our government ever since. Good post S&F!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
This is easy for me! IN the 70's...the lights in the sky during the cattle mutilations in North east Colorado. No one wanted to say UFO or extraterrestrial...but everyone was thinking of it...because it is a logical and obvious answer.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

9/11 just made it too hard to ignore that things were not as they seemed. Noriega kinda strummed a cord but I was okay with just being a follower.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I think for me, it was the night on my way home from work I saw a red light hovering above the corn field that I was driving by. That was the same weekend that Slobadan Milosevich was in Dayton Ohio for the Peace Accord meeting with Bill Clinton. Wright-Patterson Air Force Base had been on the list of closings and yet it remained open in time for this meeting.

The factory I worked at made computer resistors before these cheap plastic ones went into computers. These resistors were bought by car manufacturers. This company was also awarded by then governor Evan Bayh. OnStar systems were really put into cars long before NorthStar became famous. They knew where you went as far back as 1992. This I know because I made the resistors. The way my bosses talked you would think they knew the internet as it is now, they used to tell us that the "people" in charge could download your car's information to the main frame server....they talked like this in 1995.As I recall, back then, the internet was still relatively a new consumer thing and there were no such things as pictures then, just links and more links. Windows was created in 1995.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

What one particular incident made you decide to look at alternative views and dare I say it, become a Conspiracy Theorist?

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am a truth seeker.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by lkpuede

... i'm not a conspiracist. i'll believe a conspiracy that once it's uncovered makes normal every day sense. until then...i think it's all a fantasy.

Just playing devil's advocate here... and because I am curious as to your logic center on the subject.

Where exactly does one reach a point when a conspiracy theory make everyday sense? I mean, taking into account the stories associated with so many, most of them gather validity because they rail against what is commonly believed to be true. Everyday sense tells us right away to buy official stories because in most cases, they are backed up by official sources that carry the credentials for knowing what something was.

It seems to me that, in most cases, it is because everyday sense is violated that we follow the so-called conspiracy theory. We walk out on the limb, tread the thin ice because something not so common and sensible tells us that what we think we see is not what is actually there.

Just running up the conversation here. Not looking for an argument.

__/|__

welp...because, at least to my way of thinking, things always make everyday common sense. once you take out the people who are just parroting what somebody else said for reasons of boredom, or being unbalanced, or just effing around with people, once you come up with a mindset that discounts all of that you can see what makes sense. it makes sense Flight 93 was shot down. it makes sense it was covered up. it all makes perfect sense, at least to me it does.

as far as your second paragraph goes, the whole idea of conspiracy theory itself makes perfect sense too. there are dirty deeds that governments must engage in that must never see the light of day. shucks...just look at your own life. if you are to have me believe that you and your best friend never did anything that nobody knows about and must never know about...well you might as well try to sell me the brooklyn bridge. i think people let their minds run away with them. they don't try at all to apply logic to anything and for that, they accept anything.

it's the most retarded thing in the world to think that some alien race gives a shyt how much we pollute our air. why would they care? they don't live here. and if we accept that earth has only acheived low earth orbit, then earth isn't a danger to anyone but itself.

let's look at something else. let's just say i was a president. with a shady background. ok then i get killed. then the guy who killed me gets killed. and everyone says the mafia did it. the easy target. why would the mafia do it? they are used to getting unwanted attention, so this would be nothing new for them.

but lets just go out on a very thin limb, and say i was a president who somehow or another figured out that the solar system was in fact a very populated place. and i was just hell bent on disclosing this fact to the public. even though the other governments are dead set against their civilizations being exposed. and my advisers are telling me it would nothing but bad for our planet. look at our people! are you crazy?

but never the less i ignore all of this and i am hell bent on disclosing this information. and in fact, it's on my agenda to do so next week.

seems to me i would be a person who would not be jeapordizing an industry or a city or a country.

i'd be a person putting whole worlds in danger...and for what? my ego?

so the choice would become: take his life, or put whole worlds in danger. i would suspect if that was me i'd be dead before my body hit the floor, as i should be. and you know what? i'd deserve it.

that's makes sense. at least to me it does.

and i know you aren't being cross. and i don't even know if i was anywhere the neighboorhood of explaining myself or answer you question. hope i was! ;-)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonePhantom

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I am a truth seeker.

You know, I wrestled with myself over using this title and I did also use alternative view.

Truth seeker is just another title really, but no offence intended.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For me it was in elementary school. It was the first time I saw the interior of the Pyramid At Giza. And was told it was a tomb for a pharoh. I remember asking, " Did they cut his legs off, because if they did'nt, he sure was short"
I've pretty much questioned everything since then.

I also remember being in church and being told God created us in his likeness in his image. I've wondered ever since why I'm not invisable too.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join