It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX
reply to post by Phage

I assume USC stands for University of Southern California, since it is in California.

I believe that the University of Southern California has a team that works with SETI.

That is all I know.

You are probably referring to Seti@home, which is hosted by UC Berkley, yet used by other institutions and yes, it definitely includes USC and millions of volunteers such as myself. There are teams of us around the globe downloading everything. We use BOINC program for downloads...whatever USC found is pretty cool, I bet they're excited! USC obviously, had the lucky number

Seti@Home
edit on 8/30/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

The Allen array is not operating. It has not been operating since April.
I did not say the Allen array is not run by Berkeley. I did say it is not operating.
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I spent over two (2) hours on this avatar and I still didn't get it fully correct.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The Allen array is not at Berkeley.
The Allen array is not in operation and has not been since April.
The Allen array is not the "USC radio telescope".
There is no "USC radio telescope".
The video is a hoax.

Introduction The Combined Array for Research in Millimeter-wave Astronomy (CARMA) is a university-based millimeter array consisting of six 10.4-meter, nine 6.1-meter, and eight 3.5-meter antennas that are used in combination to image astronomical Universe at millimeter wavelengths. Located on a new high-altitude site in eastern California, CARMA provides unparalleled sensitivity, broad frequency coverage, sub-arcsecond resolution and wide-field heterogeneous imaging capabilities, along with innovative technologies and educational opportunities. CARMA conducts cutting edge scientific research and provides unique learning opportunities for the next generation of instrumentalists and astronomers. CARMA is operated by the California Institution of Technology, University of California Berkeley, University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and University of Maryland, with funding from the National Science Foundation and the member institutions. Science with CARMA centers around the study of the cold universe through imaging of radio emission from molecules, dust, and relic emission from the very early Universe. Primary science areas include: the formation, evolution, and dynamics of galaxies, the formation of stars and planetary systems around other stars, the composition of planetary atmospheres, comets and other small bodies in our Solar System, and the evolution of galaxy clusters and the Universe. The CARMA institutions, through their involvement in CARMA, support active research groups encompassing professors, research scientists, graduate students, and undergraduate students. Personnel are involved in a variety of activities ranging from science research to instrument and software development.

So based on this info, this is an array run in conjunction with Berkley and is operational and could be the array the video is referring to? This is not the Allen array, so yes, the Allen array is not the array, and is no longer in play. However unless someone can link out the original array that supposedly received the supposed signal we are at a stand still.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

ral.berkeley.edu...
"The ATA is jointly managed by the UC Berkeley Radio Astronomy Lab and the SETI Institute."

www.seti-inst.edu...
The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) is a joint effort of the SETI Institute and the Radio Astronomy Laboratory at the
University of California, Berkeley.

Could it be Phage is wrong?

And given that in your first post on this thread you said that it must be a fake because the team was wrong once I'm finding this somewhat amusing...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

CARMA is no more "the USC radio telescope" than the Allen array is.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by Phage

ral.berkeley.edu...
"The ATA is jointly managed by the UC Berkeley Radio Astronomy Lab and the SETI Institute."

www.seti-inst.edu...
The Allen Telescope Array (ATA) is a joint effort of the SETI Institute and the Radio Astronomy Laboratory at the
University of California, Berkeley.

Could it be Phage is wrong?

And given that in your first post on this thread you said that it must be a fake because the team was wrong once I'm finding this somewhat amusing...

Ummmmmmm...yeah he's wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The Allen array is in Hat Creek, pretty far from Berkeley.

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

Um..... so why did you feel the need to post this?!?!?!?

Really seems to me as though you were insisting that ALLEN was the USCs....
Help me out here, because it looked like you were arguing that it must be USC's and not Berkelys over your last few posts, but now you're saying it's not....

I'm probably just confused or something, but if you WEREN'T arguing that it was USC's, what were all those posts about?!?!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Wrong about what? Can you explain?

link   

So are you saying i have misinterpreted the introduction page from the quote I provided? It clearly states it is a joint effort with Berkley and is operational. I may be wrong?

link   
reply to post by Phage

You could just say it won't be back online til September...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

USC is not Berkeley.
USC is the University of Southern California.
Berkeley is the Unversity of Californa, Berkeley.

The Allen array was shut down in April due to lack of funding. It should be in operation (thanks to contributions) in the middle of next month.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Phage

You could just say it won't be back online til September...

Again, if anybody wants some answers go here Seti@Home and dig around for yourself you can go check it out to Phage.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The Allen array is in Hat Creek, pretty far from Berkeley.

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you kidding?

The ATA is under construction at the Hat Creek Radio Observatory, 290 miles (470 km) northeast of San Francisco, California.[/b

Do you know where Berkeley is?

Ok, once again though, anyone looking over the last few posts would think that you were claiming that ALLEN was USC's (Given that I said they were both Berkelys before you and provided a source, but you continued to argue).

(Such as when I say, that ones run by Berkely and you reply "DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHERE BERKELY IS?")

why would you feel the need to say that if you already knew it was run by Berkely?!?!?!?!

Help me out here, because I can't think of a reason you would say that in response to me saying ALLEN was run by Berkely, unless you were denying it....
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: Quoting phage to point out his revisionist (and somewhat divergant from reality) view of stuff he said 5 minutes ago....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

USC is not Berkeley.

Thanks for that, i do get a little confused with the letters from universities.

Is it possible the person that posted the video made a mistake? USC vs University of California? They have a sound clip, may have come from Elinen, is there a chance they got the university mixed up?
edit on 30-8-2011 by habfan1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

USC is not Berkeley.

The Allen array was shut down in April due to lack of funding. It should be in operation (thanks to contributions) in the middle of next month.

[/quote

It states on the first page of my link where the money comes from...hell even I donate and participate. Actually, all work generations have been halted for now, it's not just the Allen array.

Edit: I was actually replying to Phage, sorry for the mix up.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Thank you for giving us further insight. Seeing as you do some work here have you heard any rumours (other than what was posted on you tube)?

Upon listening to the second sound file I heard "Earth spirit" repeated over and over. It seemed a bit different to the original sound file that op posted though.

edit on 30/8/11 by Australiana because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Made a sound clip listen to this guys, unless it's staged by humans it's weird...

This is the sound reversed and pitched different.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

************************************************************************************************************

Please don't miss this post lol

While Phage and Max were "debating" what and who is USC.(not university of South Carolina, by the way) , no link provided. (sarcasm). seems user8911 has worked with the audio. I can hear Planet Earth too,
this is spooky.
What is going on here?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

Thanks for that, i do get a little confused with the letters from universities.

No need for confusion .. please visit this linkie .. Berkly is one of 10

UC >> AND campuses

edit on 30-8-2011 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Max, dude. Chill. You're not even arguing about the topic anymore. Phage is correct, as his sources have shown; you seem to struggle with geography and the idea of circular arguments. Thread's about the RF signal, not you trying to prove Phage wrong.

Sound file is freaky, but could be anything, of anything.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Elepheagle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join