It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilsApprentice

Originally posted by TheAlmo
I mean... how many times do I have to to come to ATS to find people posting glowing small dots in the sky and claiming that it's proof of UFO's?

Well then , it's good that "Master" Phage is here to point out the hot pixels for you , they are hot pixels aren't they Master Phage ?

----------

Somewhat more on topic ..

Great news that funding for the ATA has been found , particularly as they seemed to hit a snag and lose what little funds they had at such an inopportune time . I sent a request with my donation .. they need to have a quick peek " out there " and see what they can find . ATA should be back up in a couple of weeks

Thanks for the post OP , always find this topic of interest

It is my pleasure.

I am pleased to see so many people looking into this and analysing the sound.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

Would love for you to upload your audio

Could be my imagination but will give it a shot and see if anyone else who heard the "voices"...

I heard "Earth people" at the very beginning and "help us" at the very end of the clip.

Please stop badgering Phage (he is a very interesting person). He is entitled to his opinion just as we all are. We will not agree with everything some one says as we are all coming from different beliefs, educational and cultural backgrounds.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
This is interesting....i'm actually seeing people arguing AGAINST logically evaluating a claim. Good luck Phage.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by type0civ

Phages entire claim for it being invalid was that the telescope wasn't operating and there's noone on hand to use it. He's been proven wrong.
So your post is somewhat ironic

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

It's not badgering, it's calling someone up on their claims as I see it.
If someone isn't willing to google search whether the array is in operation, but is willing to flat out claim it isn't, then they're operating on faith and a conviction that they must be right.
If this was someone claiming that the earth was created in 7 days you'd have thousands of people mocking them in this thread....

Edit====> I'm sure he is interesting though, you don't get that many stars if you aren't, but all I've ever seen him do is ask for sources of late, and that isn't very interesting.
====> Love your profile pic by the way!
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: See arrows

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

True - we all too quickly believe what we are told with out questioning. It is good to question - that is why we are members of this site.

It is also good that you found out the USC radio telescope was up and running recently as I was very interested about that that post regarding radio wave signals received from a ham radio that was posted the other week. Makes it all the more crazy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I said the Allen array was not in operation.
That is not "the USC California Radio Telescope" as claimed in the video.

And just for you...a link.

CARMA is operated by the California Institution of Technology, University of California Berkeley, University of Chicago, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and University of Maryland, with funding from the National Science Foundation and the member institutions.

www.mmarray.org...

(USC is the University of Southern California. Need a link for that?)
edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by XplanetX

For several days, has been analyzing radio signals picked up by the USC California Radio Telescope.

Well according to Wikipedia the Allen array is Berkely:
en.wikipedia.org...
So surely some of your condecension should be shifted to your plate too?

(Haha that said, so's the one I'm pointing at
)

But yeah, it's nicer to carry out a conversation like this with sources isn't it?
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: paragraohs

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by XplanetX

I am pleased to see so many people looking into this and analysing the sound.

Yep , it is a good thing , maybe there's something here ( would be very cool ) and maybe not . More sources are needed for valid evaluation of course , so lets not dismiss out of hand . We are at ATS

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Omg, I just reversed the signal, brought it up in pitch and I swear I hear : Planet earth

I am not joking I will upload to a site!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

The Allen array is in Hat Creek, pretty far from Berkeley.

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Actually thats the bigger question at foot here, if it isn't Allen, and it isn't CARMA.... wonder which array it is...

(Any idea Phage? Or, like me are you taking a stab in the dark having to stop and research every now and again lol)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How about...it's a complete hoax.
Just another one from the starviewer team.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

Directly quoting from the source yo've just provided:

"The Allen Telescope Array (ATA), formerly known as the One Hectare Telescope (1hT), was a joint effort by the SETI Institute and the Radio Astronomy Laboratory (RAL) at the University of California, Berkeley to construct a radio interferometer that is dedicated to astronomical observations and a simultaneous search for extraterrestrial intelligence.[1][2]"

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

"The Allen Telescope Array (ATA), formerly known as the One Hectare Telescope (1hT), was a joint effort by the SETI Institute and the Radio Astronomy Laboratory (RAL) at the University of California, Berkeley to construct a radio interferometer that is dedicated to astronomical observations and a simultaneous search for extraterrestrial intelligence.[1][2]"

Are you kidding?

The ATA is under construction at the Hat Creek Radio Observatory, 290 miles (470 km) northeast of San Francisco, California.[/b

Do you know where Berkeley is?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Made a sound clip listen to this guys, unless it's staged by humans it's weird...

This is the sound reversed and pitched different.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

************************************************************************************************************

Please don't miss this post lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

.... So you don't actually have any insight or expertise in this field? :O I'm shocked!
Given that both of the arrays we're talking about seem to be Berkely's, I would actually be interested in knowing which telescope they're menat to have used since it would allow us to confirm one way or the other, rather than just going with our "gut instincts" as you seem to be saying, not very logical.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner

Oh...link
en.wikipedia.org...

Are you kidding?

The ATA is under construction at the Hat Creek Radio Observatory, 290 miles (470 km) northeast of San Francisco, California.[/b

Do you know where Berkeley is?

I'm directly quoting your source dude...
Just because it's near USC, doesn't mean it belongs to USC.
I live next to some very nice houses, doesn't make them mine

(All I'm going on is the source you provdied, doesn't mention it being USC's there)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The Allen array is not at Berkeley.
The Allen array is not in operation and has not been since April.
The Allen array is not the "USC radio telescope".
There is no "USC radio telescope".
The video is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

But the source you've posted says it's a joint effort between Berkely and SETI!
Why are you denying that?

Just go on the interenet and find a source saying it's run by USC and I'll accept it, but all the while you're relying on a source saying it's run by Berkely, I have NO CHOICE but to believe it's a joint project between Berkely and USC.

Infact, if I can find another source saying ALLEN is run by Berkely, you're doubly wrong...

ral.berkeley.edu...

Oh look, another source saying it's run by BERKELY!

hahahahaha
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: proving phage wrong

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join