Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Hey! Look for Class E instead of E-Class. It gives info of some class e-am transmitter!!! Might be on a right track here.. Maybe the guy hinted on a specific transmitter to get the signal from Elenin.
edit on 30-8-2011 by WeekendWarrior because: to clarify

Since English is not my native language, I may sometimes get confused with transmitters and receivers and get them mixed, and Im only happy when somebody corrects me
edit on 30-8-2011 by WeekendWarrior because: just to get it straight and people stop arguing

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

E-class = Extra terrestrial vehicle?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragsntatters
There was someone on here a week or so ago claiming to be an insider who went to Elenin or something ridiculous like that and said that ham radios should pick up a signal off Elenin and said that it would reveal a lot about it. Perhaps this is the signal he spoke of?

Could you link me and others to that thread please, instead of just talking about it...?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I started listening and all of a sudden the advertisement for O2 on the main page started playing, and i thought, id either been Rick Rolled or they really have gone at great lengths to advertise now.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Hey! Look for Class E instead of E-Class. It gives info of some class e-am transmitter!!! Might be on a right track here.. Maybe the guy hinted on a specific transmitter to get the signal from Elenin.
edit on 30-8-2011 by WeekendWarrior because: to clarify

Transmitters don't get signals, they send them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

In that case could it be communicated with? I know this is really distant thought, but it got my imagination going, heh! But who knows, maybe somebody who can use these things..

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WeekendWarrior

A class E transmitter is a very simple transmitter. They are popular among amateur radio operators because they are easy to build. Other than that there is nothing very special about them.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I've really gotta ask this Phage, do you ever wonder if your debunking style might be detrimental to discussion (not to mention a little bit lazy...) on a site like this?

I very seldom see you provide any sources for your debunking, just a request for sources. This is inherrantly poor form in any field of discussion, but even more so on a site like this, after all you are insisting on peer approved, credible sources, and the Paranormal/Esoteric by its very nature doesn't have that sort of thing, as if it did it would, by definition not be considered Paranormal or Esoteric...

Not a dig (because at the very least you have honed your art
), but surely you must conceede that saying "Hoax", or "Not true, prove it" or "Need sources" is the easiest of all debating methods? Added to which, you venture nothing at all in your arguaments, if someone provides a link you can just say "I did not know that", and if not you win, either way, its the other person who's having to do all the work.
I just don't see how a dialectic can come about when all you do is deny, to quote Monty Python "That's not an arguament, you're just contradicting me!" :S

Surely it would be more of a challenge, and hence more fun to apply your technique on a Skepting/debunking website and argue for the existance of the supernatural
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: sorting out paragraphs a little

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

I've really gotta ask... instead of talking about me, do you have anything to add to the topic? If you wish to refute my statements please do.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not talking about you, talking at you, there's a little bit of a difference (notice you don't deny it though
).

Don't really need to debunk you at all in this case either, you've already said that comets do let off RF signals in many cases, and I agree, nothing unusual there.

I was just wondering why you would attack the source when it's only the word "unusual" seperating your two stances.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Obviously the source in question is slightly less than credible, but as I said, if you're holding out for credible, peer reviewed sources for every claim, you're in the wrong field!

(It's just I see in you someone who's obviously studied the art of debate, but for some reason has chosen to concentrate on denial as his weapon of choice).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

With all the lies and deceit going about, can you at least agree that we can never be sure of anything these days?

I say this because I am noticing strange things lately including energy waves I haven't seen ever since I was a kid. And just today my niece kept staring at the sky saying there was a monster up there *pointed up*. I looked into her eyes and they moved as if they were following something. I looked at what she was staring at, nothing was there, however I kept seeing pulsating energy ive been noticing the past 4 months but seems to be getting stronger as time goes by, Ironically as Elenin gets closer.

Just saying,"impossible is an impossibility in a world filled with lies"
edit on 30-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by Phage

I've really gotta ask this Phage, do you ever wonder if your debunking style might be detrimental to discussion (not to mention a little bit lazy...) on a site like this?

I very seldom see you provide any sources for your debunking, just a request for sources. This is inherrantly poor form in any field of discussion, but even more so on a site like this, after all you are insisting on peer approved, credible sources, and the Paranormal/Esoteric by its very nature doesn't have that sort of thing, as if it did it would, by definition not be considered Paranormal or Esoteric...

Not a dig (because at the very least you have honed your art
), but surely you must conceede that saying "Hoax", or "Not true, prove it" or "Need sources" is the easiest of all debating methods? Added to which, you venture nothing at all in your arguaments, if someone provides a link you can just say "I did not know that", and if not you win, either way, its the other person who's having to do all the work.
I just don't see how a dialectic can come about when all you do is deny, to quote Monty Python "That's not an arguament, you're just contradicting me!" :S
Surely it would be more of a challenge, and hence more fun to apply your technique on a Skepting/debunking website and argue for the existance of the supernatural
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: Wanted to clear up the second paragraph a little

So, when someone claims tons of stuff and Phage asks him to provide evidence, Phage has to provide sources?

When someone shows that they think transmitters receive signals and Phage corrects them, he needs sources?

The problem is that, BECAUSE, this is a conspiracy website and it's the place for all those who have uncommon ideas, the need for evidence is doubled. Everyday we see crazy stuff... I mean... how many times do I have to to come to ATS to find people posting glowing small dots in the sky and claiming that it's proof of UFO's?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know you are a guy of facts and dont like to speculate and I respect that.
But lets speculate just a little for me

The Navy guy who gave that info of Elenin, so could it be so simple that he meant to make your Class-E transmitter and fool a little with comet Elenin with it and see what happens? And have your receiver ready as well.
Could it be it?
However I fear that the comet has already blown to pieces by some who might not want anybody to receive anything from it

Its these late nights that the imagination is at its best!

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

I find it kind of peculiar that first they came out in certain articles claiming Elenin and comet Gerrard are visible in the sky now.Then the next day news surfaced that elenin started to disintegrate.So as soon as it became visible to the populous all the sudden it starts to disintegrate.Hmmm.Sounds fishy.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAlmo

What I am saying is that requesting sources in every single event and providing none in any event is bad form.

For instance, someone thinks a transmitor recieves signals, why not provide a link to a wikipedia article so the person can read up and improve their knowledge.
If someone provides starts a thread from a source which says that they've identified an RF signal coming off a Comet don't just say "No they didn't" provide a link showing they don't have a radio telescope (Not that that in itself is even really debunking the claim since They could have recieved the data of an organisation which does).

Contradicting everything is easy, but it doesn't show the person why they're wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Once you got the mp3 I can get someone to run it through a proper editing studio...I know quite a few producers that will know just what to do with this...In fact you might catch samples of it in some tracks yet to be produced lol

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.mmarray.org...

This is off the Official CARMA website. The telescope IS still operational and I quote:

"This year 6 instructors and 22 students occupied CARMA from July 24th until July 30th, some of them camping at the nearby Ferguson campground."

"During this week-long summer school, students have complete use of the array."

You've got to guess that ANY students with full use of the facility at a time when there's an interesting Comet so close to earth WOULD use it to look at it wouldn't you? So there is a possiblity that the data is a month or so old and it's still being looked into.

So Phage's claim that there's no way this was picked up because the array isn't operation and there's noone there to use it is false, it's basically down for a month whilst they check the scientific merit of applications ot use it in the coming year (which again would probably require them firing it up every now and again to gather data.)

(And it just goes to show why its so dangerous for someone to flat out deny stuff without providing sources, this took 2 seconds on google to call up, so Phage hasn't even put that much effort in before deciding it must all be lies... I'm not saying he's wrong, or I'm right, but it's nice to have sources one way or the other isn't it? And it really is no extra work these days!)
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: Linky dinks

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I messed around with this audio, and the 'voice' sounded just a little bit too human for my liking.
I will be watching this post to see if we get anymore info on the source, or from the people who recorded it.
I can upload it to soundcloud if anyone is interested, but it does sound a little bit too 'hollywood' for my liking.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAlmo
I mean... how many times do I have to to come to ATS to find people posting glowing small dots in the sky and claiming that it's proof of UFO's?

Well then , it's good that "Master" Phage is here to point out the hot pixels for you , they are hot pixels aren't they Master Phage ?

----------

Somewhat more on topic ..

Great news that funding for the ATA has been found , particularly as they seemed to hit a snag and lose what little funds they had at such an inopportune time . I sent a request with my donation .. they need to have a quick peek " out there " and see what they can find . ATA should be back up in a couple of weeks

Thanks for the post OP , always find this topic of interest

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join