It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I did not say Allen is USC's telescope.

The Allen array is not at Berkeley.
The video is a hoax

reply to post by MaxSteiner

The Allen array is in Hat Creek, pretty far from Berkeley.

Are you kidding?
Do you know where Berkeley is?

Sure as hell looks like you were denying it was Berkely though lol...

But anyway, do you think it's beyond the realms of possiblity that the USC found RF transmisions from the commit whilst analysing the data from CARMA? Because that's what the topic seems to be about now.

If so I would like to hear your thoughts why you think this is impossible.

Personally I don't think it's impossible that a close commet in the process of fragmenting would give off some interesting signals, nor do I think it impossible that someone might hear about that being intercepted, get a bit carried away and make a youtube video with a few false facts.

I mean to follow your logic to the logical conclusion, you wouldn't have bothered looking for the site of Troy because the Greek Gods weren't real, so the whole story must be fake....
edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: final line

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: found another tasty quote

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for giving us permission to believe what we want.

Now I give you permission to stop posting on this thread. Quest forth, good knight, and find a new thread where you shall dazzle everyone....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by MaxSteiner

I did not say Allen is USC's telescope.

I said USC does not have a radio telescope. I said USC does not operate a radio telescope. How you can twist that into me saying that Allen is USC's is beyond me.

The video is a hoax (another one) from the starviewer team but if you want to believe that's it real, be my guest. And please feel free to believe that G1.9 is a brown dwarf within the Solar System as well.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

try to keep up to date at least

"By Jonathan Tam | Staff
[email protected]

Sunday, August 14, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Following successful fundraising efforts, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence Institute, an institute that previously partnered with UC Berkeley, will be able to begin to reactivate its array of 42 radio telescope dishes after the project was shut down in April due to a lack of funding.

The institute was able to successfully raise $200,000 over the course of two months, allowing for the reactivation of the Allen Telescope Array, according to Seth Shostak, a senior astronomer at the SETI Institute. According to Shostak, while the money that has already been raised is a step in the right direction, additional support will be needed to sustain the array’s operations in the long term."

and if u want to shout conspiracy,,,

id check out this part!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"after the project was shut down in April due to a lack of funding. "
edit on 30-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

Hahaha that or all he's seen is people playing 4th edition (I'd have a pretty bad opinion of it if all I'd seen of the great game was its sorry state the past 10 years
)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Success!!! After 4 hours I GOT IT PERFECT!!!! Muahahahahahaha

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

Time to change your board name.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

hey, im relatively new to ATS and im lacking sleep. Also I probably will do that, i wanted to change account name as well, which would change my board name, cuz I realized this one is stupid, but you can't do that so I might as well just change the name that appears on here

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Last night on Coast to Coast Richard Hoagland made a mathematical argument stating the odds were a hundred billion to one that Elenin was created by an intelligent source.

He suggested that everyone with a ham radio point it in the direction of the "thing."

He went on to speculate that it "may" have been sent from our ancestors 13,0000 years ago to send us a message. I couldn't believe the title of this thread. Now let's all put away the tazers and consider the implications.

What if? Talk about a game changer.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes, you should try to keep up to date.

Private donors raised $200,000 in 45 days, and the array is expected to resume looking for extraterrestrials (and doing other cool science) by mid-September.

news.discovery.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

I was simply speaking to your post about relevant space travel velocity. I was not following anything behind that, you simply stated that 54,000 mph is below the normal speed for space travel. By space travel, I just assumed you meant any body flying around in space.

There are many factors involved with the speed of objects in space as you know, I was speaking solely to the post I commented on.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

thanks for the link,,
interesting site,,glad you quote from it.
Here is something might want too discuss.

"The Elenin answers were provided by Don Yeomans of NASA's Near-Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., and David Morrison of the NASA Astrobiology Institute at the NASA Ames Research Center in Moffett Field, Calif. Morrison is no stranger to responding to these kinds of questions, having become NASA's in-house 2012 doomsday debunker.

If we had a black or brown dwarf in our outer solar system, I guess no one could see it, right?

"No, that's not correct," says Morrison. "If we had a brown dwarf star in the outer solar system, we could see it, detect its infrared energy and measure its perturbing effect on other objects. There is no brown dwarf in the solar system, otherwise we would have detected it. And there is no such thing as a black dwarf."
-------------------------------------------------------
Coldest 'Missing Link' Brown Dwarf Discovered
Analysis by Ian O'Neill
Thu Aug 25, 2011 05:32 PM ET
(9) Comments | Leave a Comment

"Brown Dwarf Discovered"

"There is no brown dwarf in the solar system, otherwise we would have detected it."

ooooooooooooppppppppppsss.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

One of the six Y-class dwarfs, WISE 1541-2250, is very close to home -- only 9 light-years from Earth,

news.discovery.com...
9 Light years is not within the Solar System.

(why do I bother?) And why don't you provide links?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

9 light-years from Earth

^ this.
dang phage beat me to it!
edit on 30-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

edit on 30-8-2011 by OUNjahhryn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

"9 Light years is not within the Solar System."

ok,,took your word for it,,

just explain this ,,,then,,

"Average and Closest Distances

Pluto is an average of 5,913,520,000 km (39.5AU) from the Sun. Earth is an average of 149,600,000 km (1.0AU) from the sun. This would indicate a distance of over 5.7 billion kilometers or 38.5 AU between the two. However, Pluto's orbit is highly elliptical and varies from 4.4 to 7.4 billion kilometers (30 to 49 AU) from the Sun. And given its 17° inclination to the ecliptic, it would seldom if ever be in a direct line with the Earth and the Sun. However, should Pluto ever be near its closest point to Earth's orbit when the Earth is also near that point, the closest approach between the two would be 4.3 billion kilometers (29 AU).

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Pluto is an average of 5,913,520,000 km (39.5AU)

9 au not in our solar system??
Pluto is an average of 39.5AU
edit on 30-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

A light year is 63,000 AU.

(why do I bother)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

A light year is 63,000 AU.

(why do I bother)

here is a usefull link,, for u

"http://www.kidsastronomy.com/solar_system.htm"

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

simple. 9au is not 9 light years... 1 lightyear is equil to 63,241.1 Au.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
One light year is equal to 9460730472580.8 km
One AU is 149597870.7 kilometres
(from wikipedia)

You mean 9 AU or 9 light years?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Well looks like this thread has infact became a lets all prove phage wrong thread...

Which is kinda stupid..

For the simple reason... if you read wikipedia or if you read two articles online that does not mean you fully understand the topic in question, you need to look at the subject over many years from many diffrent points of view to understand the subject, this does not just go with space, but with everything,

i am not saying Phage cant be wrong, im just saying if he does make a mistake in wording (in your opinion) why derail the thread with mindless arguments, you know he has put more man hours into understand this subject than most on here, and on the subject of the post he is correct...

Now back to somthing i asked earlier.. i thought this Starviewer Mob (or whatever there name is) was the space Sorcha Faal?? like just a spanish mob based on sweeping statements about Sudo-space study..

can we please get more info on this signal from some group worldwide with the ability to recieve these signals?

like if we're going to argue about it, can we not use that energy to request some either university/private/government based space agency to provide us with a copy of the sound?

I would not be shocked if there was movie comming out soon about an asteroid with aliens that need help off humans... unless there is another source for this thats what i think this signal is!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join