It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ELENIN giving off a strange RF signal?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Yeah, that's sort of the line of thinking I was working along.

Given that:
A) Comets do produce RF
B) CARMA was operating at the right time
C) USC and University of California is somewhat confusing to people who don't reallise quite how huge Californias population is

It's not out of the realms of possiblity that a dodgy Youtube video may have mistakes. That doesn't mean that nothing was collected though.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Once again, as in many threads, we are debating something that is not the guts of the thread.

Has anyone been able to source out the original sound clip? the guy that posted it on you tube got it from someone, somewhere. I f we can get the original source we can then argue whether or not USC or UC B should get yelled at for releasing it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

Except that USC is not part of the UC system. It is a private University.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Look at the quoted posts from Phage and tell me with a straight face that he wasn't trying to claim Allen wasn't run by Berkely.

He was wrong, but he is pathologically unable to admit he was.

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by MaxSteiner

The Allen array is in Hat Creek, pretty far from Berkeley.

Originally posted by Phage
Are you kidding?

The ATA is under construction at the Hat Creek Radio Observatory, 290 miles (470 km) northeast of San Francisco, California.[/b

Do you know where Berkeley is?

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: putting the quotes in since poster seems to have missed them

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by speaknoevil07

Originally posted by User8911
Made a sound clip listen to this guys, unless it's staged by humans it's weird...

This is the sound reversed and pitched different.

soundcloud.com...
edit on 30-8-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

************************************************************************************************************

Please don't miss this post lol

While Phage and Max were "debating" what and who is USC.(not university of South Carolina, by the way) , no link provided. (sarcasm). seems user8911 has worked with the audio. I can hear Planet Earth too,
this is spooky.
What is going on here?

I wonder how they constructed this message to be decoded so easily, and why they chose the English language. Maybe they know English is a very popular language on Planet Earth.

Maybe.

I think you should return and re-read all of the exchanges and you'll get a better picture about why what you're saying doesn't matter and doesn't contribute to the topic at hand at all. If you're going to obsess yourself with proving Phage wrong, A) he admits when he's wrong, B) good luck, 'cause you're ill-equipped.
edit on 30-8-2011 by Elepheagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

It's from the starviewer team ask them where they got it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Max Steiner and Phage,

Everyone here agrees you both have valid points. Which array may have got the signal would be the array that was operational.

So no need to debate the point any further. Is the sound clip legit? If it is is it similar to other RF signals received from other comets?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
No there's way too many holes in this theory.

Why would they call our planet earth? Why would they speak english? Why if they have traveled light years do they possess such poor harmonics. What is the source of the conversion of data to sound? Why did they speak backwards? Why for cripes sake would they travel this far, speak backwards what we call our planet in English, and not something like their regular communications or guidance, like, we already know what we call our planet.

They don't sound to sharp to master light year travel. This sounds like a total fabrication of someone's imaginative dreaming. Not much real science is explained. It's a stupid notion.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old77
[SNIP]

Phage is many things, but he is not a moron and personal attacks, especially, the kind your spewing out only show who is more intelligent. If you dispute his claims then do it intelligently, with facts and wit, resorting to personal attacks of a low grade nature is not only offensive to him but to others who are trying to follow the thread.....
edit on 30-8-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/30/2011 by dbates because: removed quoted text

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Also, isn't about 54,000 mph a rather slow speed for space travel? I mean, where in god's universe do you expect to get traveling at that speed? This fails the common sense test a million times over.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Public enemies posts are the most interesting thing in this thread so far, everything else in just anal semantics (including my own posts
)

He's said that USC has access to data coming from CARMA and Allen repeatedly. Phage has chosen to ignore it, and then went so far as to try and claim that it must be a hoax because Allen is USC's, and it's not online at the moment, not saying it was intentional, but even when he's wrong his posts carry alot of weight, as shown by the fact that barely anyone has stared Public Enemies comments...

Given that the USC does have access to the data from CARMA, and Comets do let of RF, I don't even see why it's so contraversual, the Youtube video just made a few mistakes is all (Just like Phage and myself lol).

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
Also, isn't about 54,000 mph a rather slow speed for space travel? I mean, where in god's universe do you expect to get traveling at that speed? This fails the common sense test a million times over.

As you know, that would completely depend on where the body originated from, how long it has been traveling and what other bodies of mass it has had proximity with.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Old77

Hey, I play D&D

====> Bringing this above one line, personaly I think this is probably just RF coming off a comet, and not some alien signal. That said, it's still INCREDIBLY INTERESTING! And there's alot we can learn from this assuming it is true (which aside from the source being wrong on a few points is still possible), something that size fragmenting so close to us, it's a data treasure trove

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
the assertion that this is fake is based on the assertion that what you are hearing is in fact English or in a language we understand. Its impossible to say for certain this is any language and no one is making that claim on anything concrete beyond their own interpretations of the sound. I hear something completely alien.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I did not say Allen is USC's telescope.

I said USC does not have a radio telescope. I said USC does not operate a radio telescope. How you can twist that into me saying that Allen is USC's is beyond me.

The video is a hoax (another one) from the starviewer team but if you want to believe that's it real, be my guest. And please feel free to believe that G1.9 is a brown dwarf within the Solar System as well.

edit on 8/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxSteiner
reply to post by Old77

Hey, I play D&D

====> Bringing this above one line, personaly I think this is probably just RF coming off a comet, and not some alien signal. That said, it's still INCREDIBLY INTERESTING! And there's alot we can learn from this assuming it is true (which aside from the source being wrong on a few points is still possible), something that size fragmenting so close to us, it's a data treasure trove

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: (no reason given)

It's okay. Old77 is probably a half-orc is low charisma and wisdom.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Well the quoted posts above your own seem to imply you're wrong there

And I fail to see how proving that there WAS an operational radio telescope (CARMA) which the USC has access to data from is not adding anything to the thread (Given that Phage's ENTIRE basis for this being fake at that point was that Allen was USC's and not operational at the time...).

The fact that he refused to admit that they were run by Berkely for so long dispite citing sources which said it was is just interesting because so many people take his posts as gospal truth

Still all that's in the past now, just interested to see what people who aren't relying purely on Wikipedia think

edit on 30-8-2011 by MaxSteiner because: final line

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It would have to come from within our solar system unless they like several thousand year trips! That's a ridiculous rebuttal!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join