It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You make a valid point. Have to look after number one sometimes (family)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anoynymoose
She probably deserved it. "She broke my heart, so I broke her neck" comes to mind.

Women have the power to drive a man insane.

Also, you waited till after he knocked 2 of em out before you stepped in. What did you think was gonna happen?

You make me sick

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Surely such a violent and public event must have eventually been reported to the police by someone. Would you please share with us the city/town, date and time of this crime so that we can look at police records and reports of the event? Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Blood On My Shirt

I walked closer, and as the man threw his daughter to the ground he turned his focus solely on these women.
He struck one of them so hard she hit the ground like she died.

As he cocked his arm back to hit the other woman, I grabbed it and spun around his back to face him.

Alright so after he throws his daughter to the ground, and then hits this other woman so hard, she looks like she is dead you were able to grab his arm without him reacting, still have the time to spin all the way around with your bottle in hand and face him, then sidestep a punch and have enough momentum to smash a bottle on his face, not head, at close range and draw blood and knock him unconscious?

Do you have an "S" on your chest?

I am not sure how much you weigh, but a full grown man weighs about 200 lbs or 91kgs, now given that, and the angry man's adrenaline, or maybe even on some type of amphetamine it would be near impossible to hold him back, or grab a mans arm without him reacting defensively immediately.

Blood On My Shirt

Without hesitation he swung at me. I side stepped his blow and cracked my glass bottle of iced tea, that I just bought, over the front of his face. He fell to the ground unconscious.

Was this the arm you just let go? or the other arm?

I am not sure how many physical confrontation most people at ATS have been in, or how many people on ATS have restrained a full grown man, but if someone be they man or woman, grab a man are not going to get a Hollywood movie response. The man would most likely pull that cocked arm inward to protect himself, or go into a grapple type position.

If the OP had just walked over and smashed the bottle on his melon I would have bought the story, but grabbing an angry mans arm that has just laid flat two people, without him reacting? come on

edit on 18-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I understand. A lot of times family comes first, in those situations you don't have time to protect your own right at that instant. But the whole point of stopping a guy like that is to drop him quickly, and if there's little to no chance of him recognising you, leave before the cops get there, so that you don't have to deal with the bs that comes from playing the hero.

That being said, 4-5 guys can take 1 pretty easily, without having to swing much at all...exept in rare berzerker cases.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

I understand. A lot of times family comes first, in those situations you don't have time to protect your own right at that instant. But the whole point of stopping a guy like that is to drop him quickly, and if there's little to no chance of him recognising you, leave before the cops get there, so that you don't have to deal with the bs that comes from playing the hero.

That being said, 4-5 guys can take 1 pretty easily, without having to swing much at all...exept in rare berzerker cases.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The law that I live by and which is holding us all bonded is called PRAECEPTAE CAELENIUM (tm). I did not read it in a book. You will not find it in any book. It was revealed to me by audio clairvoyance during the celebrations of the New Millennium in 2000. Summed up it basically means no sex and no drugs and no violence. (1) From eternity to eternity, infinity to infinity, there be the One Absolute. The One True God there be no other God. Her names are many but she be the one true God. The one judge there be no other judge. (2) La Deus Nostra, Notre Dame, Our Lady, The Holy Spirit, the cause the maker Cosmica. (3) Angelic [celestial immortal] powers of truth and beauty and righteousness be sure to be loving Her Holiness Above with all your mind and with all your heart and with all your strength. (4) So as to be pleasing to Her Holiness Above therefore do not be serving the masculine. (5) Do not be and do not allow masculinity into positions of government. (6) Honour and respect the virgin pureness of the christae. (7) Honour and respect the Immaculate Conception [parthenogenesis] reproductive process of the christae. (8) Do not fornicate or adulterate or sodomize. (9) Do not bully or torture or murder. (10) Do not lie. (11) Do not steal. (12) Do not be covetous. (13) Do not be jealous. Copyright (c) NGL 2000.

He who trusts in violence to be his security cannot speak that he trusts in God to be his security.

In the Universe there is a natural system of justice called "multidimensionality physics". Few even know of its existence yet alone understand it. As introduction to it I recommend that you read the following book. THE HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE by Michael Talbot. Once people realise that their eternal existence is real, that we are immortal, they will then start to live their life a bit more intelligently. However, in the present ethos of atheism people have no sense of morality. They just do as they please. What ever is profitable and they will do it, regardless as to whether or not it will cause injury to others. We create our own nightmare of hell or our own heaven by our conduct towards others. As we do to others so shall it be done to us. Therefore always do for others as you would want others to do for you. Be for others as you would want others to be for you. In this regard that you stepped in to liberate the girl and two woman was highly commendable. In some future reincarnation should it be that you find yourself in such a situation as the girl or two woman, then the law of the "multidimensionality physics" is such that a person will step forward to liberate you in the same manner. As you have done for others so shall it be done for you. Therefore always do good for others so that others will do good for you. As Jesus said "No better thing can a man do than to lay down his life for a friend". As you might already know Jesus laid down her life, being the victim of a barbaric attack against her angelic beauty. In the process losing this temporal life of the flesh, but by the Grace of God she gained the eternal life of the soul in Heaven. Peace is a Gift of God to whom so ever She please to give it, or not as the case may be.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89be64c7b7a0.jpg[/atsimg]

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 18/8/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm declaring shenanigans on this whole thread.

Just saying - been in a scrap or two... this has all the makings of "I saw this crap on TV" or that show "What would you do?"

I think you made a story up to make a very valid point.

The problem is you got too worried about the hero worship on ATS to just make your point and go home.

but whatevs'

In my experience - extremely violent people don't quite go down this easy... and glass bottles - if they break - don't knock you out. The breaking actually lessons the blow quite a bit. It'll cut you good - but not put you unconscious.

Lastly, unless you live in some third world - the cops would have shown up by the time you were "walking home with tears on your face"...
edit on 18-8-2011 by gncnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Props to you for doing the right thing!
Hold your head high and walk tall my friend.
As a petite woman id hope if i were ever in this situation
there would be a decent man such as yourself to help me out.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

This was written to spark conversation, people. OP is obviously very convincing in the post; however, I honestly believe that if such an act had taken place, it would be of media interest. You get my drift? The whole, "small town hero thwarts violent criminal"...yadayadayada. *yawn*

I understand the need for attention and OP has obviously touched people with their compelling tale of fantasy, but accepting congratulations for an albeit, courageous deed that in fact was never accomplished is, well...immoral.

Come on guys. We read fiction like this in 4th grade.

Now I see the severity of people's gullibility. No wonder MSM is winning.

I've whitnessed things that never went into the news that were dealt with by Cops of this magnitude. Even with the feel-good media out there, some things don't get covered.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisasterButton

This was written to spark conversation, people. OP is obviously very convincing in the post; however, I honestly believe that if such an act had taken place, it would be of media interest. You get my drift? The whole, "small town hero thwarts violent criminal"...yadayadayada. *yawn*

I understand the need for attention and OP has obviously touched people with their compelling tale of fantasy, but accepting congratulations for an albeit, courageous deed that in fact was never accomplished is, well...immoral.

Come on guys. We read fiction like this in 4th grade.

Now I see the severity of people's gullibility. No wonder MSM is winning.

Good points, but I think it's a given that many people view some posts on ATS as an initial "What if?" premise. Sometimes the conversation sparked is more important than whether the OP is being honest (only sometimes, heh). I agree with everything you said, but I don't accuse people of fabrication unless something's shown to be false/fabricated -- anything else is assuming/presumptuous (the story could be true).
edit on 8/18/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hey OP, this reminds me of a story Ram Dass tells. It relates to diffusing a situation without violence. (I think your way of handling it was fine btw, you can beat yourself up about it all you want, but it was the other guy who was beating his daughter)
Ram tells of a martial artist who was riding on a train in Japan when a drunken man boarded. The man was violent, aggressive, and a real physical threat to the other passengers, whom he pushed around and bullied.
The martial artist had been training in Aikido for three years and saw this as an opportunity to put his practice into justified action. Just as he was starting to egg the drunk into attacking him, a little old man interrupted and said "Hey!"
Then, in a cheerful manner, the little old man started talking to the drunk, asking friendly questions and going on about his own family.
Soon thereafter, the drunk's nasty exterior had melted away. He was weeping, explaining his wife had died, that he'd lost his job and his home, and that his life was a total wreck and that he was terribly ashamed ... he was lying with his head on the little old man's lap, while the old man stroked his dirty hair. The would-be attacker had been brought to peace -- all without a single martial arts move.

The martial artist realized that while he was ready to resolve the situation by violence, the little old man had diffused it through humble, gentle love. True Aikido.

Just wanted to share that with you OP.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The answer to your question lies within your question. The fact that your asking this and admitting that there are symptoms all around you means your already brainwashed.

Yea you fought back against some asshole. But your asking this and starting out like we still live in a good society, and that there are morals to protect.

There is nothing left. American and UK empire can only be rebuilt after they are destroyed. There is too much decay to try and repair it.

You answered your own questions. people only care about money, they raise the masses to care about money, because by working for corporations to get money they become cogs in the system. That's the way they want it. Refer to metropolis

vigilantcitizen.com...

There is nothing new here.

Furthermore, woman are being turned into men mentally, and men are turning into f@ggots galore. My own parents suffer from role reversal, my father cooking and my mom doing accounting. It's not right, and it's been changed on purpose to cripple and destroy us. Women with their manly sense of mentality, just want to do their own thing and have fun. So less children are being born (white children), that will decrease and destroy a sensible race. Forget about generations, they are gone.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Originally posted by Akasirus
This has nothing to do with being 'real man' with some idealized gender archetypes where to be a 'real man' you have to be protectors and to be a 'real women' you have to be nuturing. That just exacerbates the problem by putting men in the position where they are 'strong' and stand up for what's right and woman are just motherly and 'nuturing' and their to support the man, because it allows men to exert control over women because if they are a 'real woman' they can't protect themselves or others.

So again, this is not about being a real man but being a real human and treating other humans with respect, and valuing everyone equally.

Respectfully disagree, Men are generally MUCH stronger than woman - if a man and a woman both witness a physical altercation taking place the most of the time it is the man who should step up to the plate because he has the physical ability to deal with the situation. If the woman is a champion kickboxer and benches 300 I would gladly tuck my junk between my legs and let her handle it.
I am all for people being themself but we NEED real tough men again, because no one else has the physical ability to fill their role and they are disappearing very quickly.

We can go on and on about all of us being the same, and Men and Woman being equal - and as I said I am for that and think woman deserve equal rights - but we cant let it distort our view of reality and what actually is
edit on 18-8-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)
Here, here! My dad talks about watching a powerlifting women's tournament, when he was in his teens, and the strongest woman up there was weaker than him. Some men have the strength to implode skulls with their mere fist, and not all of them are bulky.

I do have to take this into account when there is a physical altercation. But at the same time, most people who are into bullying tactics can't handle an even weaker person standing their gorund. Besides there's ways to drop a man without much force.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sternblut
The answer to your question lies within your question. The fact that your asking this and admitting that there are symptoms all around you means your already brainwashed.

Yea you fought back against some asshole. But your asking this and starting out like we still live in a good society, and that there are morals to protect.

There is nothing left. American and UK empire can only be rebuilt after they are destroyed. There is too much decay to try and repair it.

You answered your own questions. people only care about money, they raise the masses to care about money, because by working for corporations to get money they become cogs in the system. That's the way they want it. Refer to metropolis

vigilantcitizen.com...

There is nothing new here.

Furthermore, woman are being turned into men mentally, and men are turning into f@ggots galore. My own parents suffer from role reversal, my father cooking and my mom doing accounting. It's not right, and it's been changed on purpose to cripple and destroy us. Women with their manly sense of mentality, just want to do their own thing and have fun. So less children are being born (white children), that will decrease and destroy a sensible race. Forget about generations, they are gone.

Geez, but don't you see this is just a droplet of water? DNA and RNA have spent 2 billion years making this planet a garden of eden.
If you view "them" in the right light, you will see that they are desperately clinging to their power like the last rung of a ladder. They cannot possibly hope to overcome this ancient process.
edit on 18-8-2011 by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I would help because i have been properly trained to do so , if i wasnt properly trained to do so (Then i would properly call the cops) and he had a weapon or was high on Meth / Cocain .... then you just got yourself in trouble.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Before I walked into the store I saw them arguing, and heard her say, "What the hell! You should love me regardless of what my mom did!" and heard him say she was a B-word just like her mom. I didn't pay it no mind. The two women pulled up in a car and walked inside right behind me. They were talking to each other and laughing, paying no mind to them either. They must of seen what was happening out the store window though and went outside to intervene because by the time I went to pay for my drink they were no longer in the store.

I didn't stay for the cops, because A) I wasn't about to sit around getting interviewed and hassled for an hour after what just happened and B) those two women seemed to be in charge of the situation fairly well, and C) I figured there was enough witnesses to explain what happened. Anyways, I went back to the store and talked with the clerk that was there when it happened, and she said the cops arrested the guy, the girl was safe and they didn't even inquire into who hit him. In the end, maybe I didn't do what was right, but if you weren't there then you can't really understand the full scope of the situation.

Peace.

You did what was necessary at that very moment and I think good will come from it. I know you are upset that the situation took an act of violence on your part, which is contrary to your philosophy in life, but as you stated, life is not all black and white. You were there at that moment when you could have been a dozen other places.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

You know who gives up their seat on the bus? It isn't the preppy boy, and it isn't the guy in the suit. It is the construction worker whose been on his feet all day, or the boy in leather jacket with the mohawk. Real men are often at home with their wives, not hanging out in a place where they might see this sort of thing happening. When they are, some of them do step in. My brother stepped in once to stop a guy beating on his girlfirend in front of his apartment, while holding a screw driver. The woman attacked my brother, and the guy stabbed him with the screwdriver. Then my brother was charged for being there. Family friend lawyer got him off by talking to the prosecutor about how stupid charging him was. I've helped stop a big juice monkey beating on his girlfriend, and she did the same thing. She physically defended her boyfriend because people were pulling him off of punching her. He was easily 240 and over six feet, and clearly on steroids. She was about 5'5 and about 120 pounds. A couple of those instances will blow a person's mind.

I loved your comment. I'm a big guy, 6'5" 280 lbs., and I have always been willing to jump in and help others in distress, but I too, have become a little apprehensive due to several situations going bad. Twice it was helping a female getting knocked around by a boyfriend, and both times the girls turned on me, and the other time I was chasing down a purse snatcher that had taken the purse from his wife just playing around, when I caught him, the wife came running up to me explaining he was just teasing her, and they both started laughing at me. So, just as you stated, it makes one a little leery of jumping in.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

WOW. Not sure where to start here.

First of all thank you for posting here so all men know exactly how we should act. Very kind of you to take on the job of outlining that. I am sure you would appreciate me posting up here exactly how all women should act according to me. It would certainly be as WTF for you to read as yours was for me.

Now, to the meat.

I am sorry for your experience and congratulations for having what it takes to step in. That is a horrendus situation and nobody knows how they would act until there were put there.

My father beat my mother, my sister, and every other "live in" chick he happened to bring home. They all put up with it, all the time, for years. When the actual abuse was happening they would call out to a 14 year old boy (me) to come and stand up to him. He was one mean, ugly, drug addicted, alcoholic biker and I was a scrawny 14 year old boy. I had to break up many fights and sometimes I let the women defend themselves. Why? Because they stayed after the first time it happened. And the second. And the Third. And the fourth, fifth, . . . . Then there is the fact of a 35 year old woman asking a 14 year old boy to stand up for her, that is certainly appropriate, /sarcasm.

The man that was beating his daughter and started to beat you would probably have shot a man who stepped in. I have seen many men get beat down by one angry man, or one angry man and all of his friends that you didn't notice standing there before you decided to step in.

I watched my own father pull guns on people in public place (once at a county fair) for stepping in when he was pushing around his girlfriend. He had plenty of friends around and they could have stepped in to stop him but they all beat their girlfriends and wives as well. Oh yeah, the wives and girlfriends were there and they are all so messed up they do not get involved either. If they did they would get beaten too.

Once in High School a girl in a gang hit me (Sucker punch from the side, closed fist and in the face). I did not hit her, I blocked the rest of her punches and walked away as I was being taunted as a pussy by all her friends for not hitting her. When I got home and my father saw my black eye he demanded I go kick her ass. His instructions were, "Knock on her door and when she answers punch her in the face and knock her out". I argued with him and even his wife supported his position.

In the case of a child, yeah, I would have to step in also but I would do so knowing I would probably be shot. If some guy is gonna beat his daughter publicly he isn't gonna hesitate shooting someone. Most likely he is drunk if not drunk and stoned and that would be in addition to the many mental disorders he obviously has.

Calling the police would have been the slowest response but the safest as well.

It sounds brave and tough and macho and manly to say you should stand up to this behavior and as a society we should but you never know how you will react until you are there and you never know if you will live through the experience. But to call out all men in such a general way is pointless and sexist. The women who are beaten beaten have a responsibility to save themselves.

You are lucky you that everyone involved in that situation as not killed or permanently injured.

This quote sounds like a sexist statement with absolutely no basis of fact to support it. Please provide your data and research for this man hating rant. What you describe here are not men and I would dare say that the majority of these "men" you speak of were raised in single family homes by women.

Today, many men think all they have to do is make money and pay taxes, no matter how they make it or what it is spent on, and then they can do whatever they want. They can lie, exploit, abuse, cheat, promote ignorance, and neglect their families and society.

There is some food for though, I look forward to any replies.
edit on 18-8-2011 by sdocpublishing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The OP is lucky she's not sitting in jail serving time. Had a cop saw you smack him with that you would have been arrested too for assult with a deadly weapon or some such nonsense. Even after you explain you will still be booked and left to see the judge to make the decision on whether you were justified or not.

No way you would have walked away. This is why I don't get involved in situations like that. Sure i'll tell the guy to stop and call the police or something but unless it's obvious the child's life is in danger i'll stay on the sidelines. If a cop shows up and i'm scuffling with some guy we are both going to jail. Then I'll be given a court date to appear before the judge on assault charges which upon arriving at the courthouse the prosecutor will pull me to the side and offer me a deal.

I will claim I was trying to protect the child and the prosecuter will bring up some statute of some law and say i'm free to plead not guilty but if the jury decides i've broken the law my fines and jail time will be like 2 or 3 times worse. And here they will mention that I will be found guilty because of this and that and it's common for this judge to sentence people.

Now common sense tells me to take the plea so I now am burdened with fines I probably can't afford and and a criminal record that will follow me forever.

Sorry but bruises on a kid will heal and the cops will catch the dad but the penalty to me for interfereing is not worth it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join