It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am perfectly clear on his definition of power.

I don't buy that.

If you did understand his meaning you wouldn't be so confused about his post.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by HolographicPrincipal
reply to post by Exuberant1

I am perfectly clear on his definition of power.

I don't buy that.

If you did understand his meaning you wouldn't be so confused about his post.

Whatever you say. You got me. I AM confused about his post. If you are finished derailing the thread, I'd like to go back and read input that is more constructive.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Your failure is thinking that their life is more important than yours.

In a random street level event, nothing is more important than self preservation.

I suggest you check your ego next time. Hell is packed full of fools.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
About a year ago I was at one of the local bars and the entire night everyone couldnt help but notice a loud mouth man playing poker in the back. You could tell that he was drunk and obveously an angery drunk. When he lost all the cash he brought he got up and went to the bar (about 5-6 spots down from me). Didnt know it but the woman he was next to was his girlfriend. Before long he started to get loud again and yelling at her. Appearently, he was ready to go. So as his loudness had everyones attention we were all watching him start to leave. his girlfriend stayed back a second to leave a nice tip and he went back to get her.
He grabbed her arm and whipped her around to take out of the bar. I was outraged and I reared back to deck him accross his jaw. But before I could re-arrange his face about 5 other guys jumped on him including 2 bartenders(who jumped over the bar). A bunch of girl went to his GF to wisk her away, but she just wanted to be with him.
We were all dumbfounded when she helped him up to walk with him outta of the bar.

Now my question to you is where are all the Real women at?

Why do women stay in abusive relationships? Do they think they can change their caveman boyfriend? There is no excuse. A man gets physical, you get out. Because you can be gaurenteed it WILL happen again!
ATS ladies, If your man has EVER layed a hand on you, ask your friends if they think you are in an abusive relationship. They will tell you the truth. If they say they think you are. Then you need to pack your stuff and say adios to that mother f**ker. There are tons of men out there that meet his physical/monatary stats that WONT ever lay a hand on you.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
Then you need to pack your stuff and say adios to that mother f**ker. There are tons of men out there that meet his physical/monatary stats that WONT ever lay a hand on you.

Except that the type of women we're talking about here, don't want to be with men who are not physically abusive. It's basically the same principle behind why Americans have been sodomised by at least their last two Presidents, and yet a large number of sheep are over in the political forum, bleating their heads off in favour of Ron Paul; who mark my words, will turn out to be just as much an amoral, psychopathic shill for the New World Order as the last half dozen or so have been.

We all get what we think we deserve. Women who defend their male partner's non-existent right to beat the crap out of them, do so because they think he has that right in their own heads. So you'll continue to see women getting beaten up by abusive bastards, and eventually, you will see the FEMA industrial extermination camps go online and start "processing," Americans; and both for exactly the same reason.

The parties involved, honestly believe that they deserve it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I commend you for your bravery. You are a soldier who protected the weak and innocent.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Why is it that threads attacking Men get so many stars and flags and barely any criticism, but threads criticising Women get crucified and called Misogynistic?
edit on 18/8/2011 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Great post - I often wonder what kind of people stand around and watch someone get abused. In some states it's a felony to witness an event and not try to interfere. (Seinfeld not withstanding)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
A real man... no, a real CIVILIZED HUMAN, would have called the cops and not resulted to violence.

The child should have ran away and got help once he let go, and that should have been the queue for you and the women to leave and call the cops. That is what we do in a CIVILIZED society, we call the cops and put them away in places called jail cells, not beat them up and let them run free

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
Why is it that threads attacking Men get so many stars and flags and barely any criticism, but threads criticising Women get crucified and called Misogynistic?

dark ghost meet double standard, double standard meet dark ghost. dark ghost has heard of you double standard but you were never properly introduced.

words typically affect women more than men, so it is not too surprising that female bashing gets a lot of negative response.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There is no question that you did the right thing. You were brave. You showed courage and a willingness to step in when needed. In a way, this was a test for you. You took it in stride, and your instincts told you what to do. Rescue a young girl.

I only read the first two pages, but enough to see that some people will criticize anything. They rationalize their own reluctance to step up. Their own lack of courage.

The men who stood watching.....I wonder, later, when they told the story of what they had seen, how they rationalized the reason they didn't step up. Or perhaps they just lied, and said they did.

I hope you don't entertain an inner struggle of whether it was the right thing to do. The man was a brute. A bully. They can't stand toe to toe with another man, so they pick on women, and vulnerables. When confronted by another man, he quickly found himself on the pavement.

A good place for him, if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A real man would brake his face with his fist puss..You actually did something a normal human being would do. congratulations you saved the day...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

You should be neither ashamed, nor proud of yourself. You did the right thing, i was in same situation few years ago, and I knocked down guy who was beating woman, then quickly left the scene.
And i can tell you, you would feel much worse now, if u didn't react.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't want to get all weird on you guys, but think about this.

Suppose, while being beaten, the young girl was praying for someone to come and help her. Was calling upon the high powers to bring someone to rescue her, and end her abuse.

Then, LifeIsEnergy suddenly gets the idea he wants tea. In a glass bottle. At that store. At that time.

Just sayin.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Since you are saying that you did this because the daughter needed help, I'm wondering, would you have done this if this was a boy? What if it was his son he was abusing? What if he was fighting a grown man but he didn't know how to protect himself? Would you still would have intervene for the sake of being a "good" person?

Also, for the other people, does it matter that they didn't say thank you? You saved the person's life. I'm sure that even if the person doesn't say thank you, they are grateful, why do people have to be so difficult and FORCE someone to say thank you? It's just words. You know the person is grateful, don't rub it in their face....

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Sorry OP but some lessons must be learned with blood.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
first of, well done for smashing that guy, he is clearly a bully and you just took the bastard down a peg.

when i was growing up i was always told by older men never to get involved in a domestic. The reason being that the guy usually turns on you and so does the woman taking a beating. i have heard this happen many times. I have not seen a guy beat up a girl infront of me so dont know it first hand, but it seems judging by some of the comment it does really happen a lot.

who knows why, but even when their man is kicking the crap out of them, its as if they seem to still accept it and defend them. I wish more women would stand up like the 2 in your post. no scratch that, if i was wishing for things id wish no man beat up his girl/wife/daughter or anyone for no reason come to think of it

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I doubt the OP or most of the repliers would have done the same if the victim was male. It would no longer be a good decent act, but rather seen as unnecessarily endangering one's life when two idiots are fighting...

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I sense another ATS poll from this thread.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I would have done something to help the girl too, even though I am quite skinny. Kudos to you for standing up to injustice. The men who watched idly are complete morons. Those are the kind of people who mindlessly support consumerism and apathy. Good job! There is yet hope when there is at least one real man out there. I hope you don't get penalized for stopping family abuse because what you did was right. If I was the judge or law enforcement, I would let you go with a clear conscience and a pat on the back. I agree with you how parents tend to play mind games with each other like the world is their little playground. These narrow-minded folk do not deserve to procreate. Sounds harsh, but that is the truth. If you can't take care of a child, then don't attempt to raise one only to bring misery to their lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join