It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+116 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Blood On My Shirt

While walking out of a neighborhood corner store I saw a man beating his pre-teen/teen daughter. Two women stepped in and tried to calm the man down and help the girl, but as he held onto his daughter's hair he proceeded to batter these two women. As these two petite women bravely fought this large out of control man, I noticed a group of four or five men just standing there watching it unfold as if it was entertaining to them. Or maybe they were too scared to do anything.

I walked closer, and as the man threw his daughter to the ground he turned his focus solely on these women. He struck one of them so hard she hit the ground like she died. As he cocked his arm back to hit the other woman, I grabbed it and spun around his back to face him. Without hesitation he swung at me. I side stepped his blow and cracked my glass bottle of iced tea, that I just bought, over the front of his face. He fell to the ground unconscious.

The two women grabbed the young girl and left with her, I presume to the hospital or police station. As I stood there with blood on my shirt of the man I just injured, conflicting thoughts shot through my mind. On one hand, I felt alright about what happened, someone needed to stop him from beating these women further and I didn't do it out of anger but concern, but on the other hand, I felt like I just broke a promise to myself to never again intentionally hurt another being. People started to gather around and thank and praise me, including the group of men that was just watching. I wanted to ask them why they didn't do anything, but instead I just walked away in silence.

As I walked home, tears of frustration ran down my face. "I've been through and seen these things too many times in my life. Why is this society so messed up?! Why are men allowing for this to happen to our children?!", I thought to myself. I wasn't all that shocked that these women were willing to sacrifice their well-being to help this girl before any man did. Throughout my life I've noticed that women tend to stand up to domestic altercations much quicker then most men do. But what killed me was the realization that in order to have a healthy family structure, and thus society, men need to set and protect the moral standards that women can then nurture and strengthen. Yet our society is so screwed up and twisted that this seems almost non-existent!

Today, many men think all they have to do is make money and pay taxes, no matter how they make it or what it is spent on, and then they can do whatever they want. They can lie, exploit, abuse, cheat, promote ignorance, and neglect their families and society. And seeing this level of inequality, women have followed in their footsteps, as if they think succumbing to these same ills will level the playing field. So where does this leave the kids? Where does this leave our future? While the parents are so busy playing mind games with each other; so busy trying to one-up each other, what is happening to their kids and to our future?

Right now the natural chaos of a jungle seems so more appealing than this contrived jungle of insanity that we have created for ourselves. There is no natural order here. Everything is contrived out of a desire for immediate gratification for the few. We think laws, policies, and enforcement through the police and military, will bring us order and peace? Is this what we are placing our faith in the future on? Please, save me the laughter. While parents play act like "good law abiding citizens", the government educates their kids and corporations entertain them. Both have no interest other than to fatten their own pockets and empower themselves.

So where are all the real men at? Where are all the moral protectors of our society at? You want to enjoy this societies privileges but you don't want to set a good example of moral standards for it? How long do you think these privileges will last if you are only intent on exploiting and neglecting people for your own benefit? Do you have any compassion for your children? And don't tell me the government or police force or some religious authority should be setting and protecting our moral standards, they aren't going to be able to do that even if they wanted to!

"Be the change that you want to see" - Mohandas Gandhi

Peace.
edit on 17-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This is why I have deliberately avoided even attempting to learn any form of martial art. There are far too many people within contemporary society, who I would not be able to resist the temptation to use it on.

As for why it keeps happening; it happens because between 4-7% of the human population are psychopaths. They are literally demons in human form. They look like us, and sound like us, but they are not us. They don't feel pity, remorse, or empathy; sometimes they don't even feel fear.

Our reaction to them should be to identify them, expose them, and then euthanise them like the sick animals they are. Instead, however, we allow them to become our rulers, and the literal architects of our society.

The result of this, is the world you see before you.
edit on 17-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Blood On My Shirt
While the parents are so busy playing mind games with each other; so busy trying to one-up each other, what is happening to their kids and to our future?

edit on 17-8-2011 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

Not to trivialize your whole post but this line really stood out to me. I could write a three page essay on that sentence alone. Very insightful post.

+33 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know who gives up their seat on the bus? It isn't the preppy boy, and it isn't the guy in the suit. It is the construction worker whose been on his feet all day, or the boy in leather jacket with the mohawk.

Real men are often at home with their wives, not hanging out in a place where they might see this sort of thing happening. When they are, some of them do step in.

My brother stepped in once to stop a guy beating on his girlfirend in front of his apartment, while holding a screw driver. The woman attacked my brother, and the guy stabbed him with the screwdriver. Then my brother was charged for being there. Family friend lawyer got him off by talking to the prosecutor about how stupid charging him was.

I've helped stop a big juice monkey beating on his girlfriend, and she did the same thing. She physically defended her boyfriend because people were pulling him off of punching her. He was easily 240 and over six feet, and clearly on steroids. She was about 5'5 and about 120 pounds.

A couple of those instances will blow a person's mind.
edit on 2011/8/17 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I completely understand where your coming from here but I'd just like to point out two things;

1.) In Self defence, either for your own safety or that of others, your supposed to use a reasonable amount of force. I'm not in any way, shape or form condoning the man's actions (he had it coming to him really) but for your own protection I think it was unwise to bottle the guy, I don't know where about's in the world you reside but over here in the UK that would land you in serious trouble.

2.) A little family motto of mine is "Look after yourself, leave everyone else to it", that may sound a little harsh a first but I think everyone should look after number before they start looking after others (strangely enough something I fine incredibly difficult to do considering it's my own motto)

Sometimes people don't get involved because it isn't there problem, it's a sad but that seems to be the way life has become.

Also, I'd point out that sometimes people with good intentions who intervene often find the aggression then being directed at them, usually with not so great consequences....

It's a difficult task trying to define the point where you don't care and the point that as a fellow human being you have a moral obligation to get involved.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from here, like I said apart from the use of a bottle I can't really fault your actions.

Just my opinion, S+F by the way.

DK

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

you strike a dude with a glass bottle then quote Gandhi lol. I think you might be confused. Real manly men hahaha get real guy, women and the media have been distorting the image of a real man for years. Its a tough guy no its a hard worker who makes enough money to care for his family, no its cold man who doesn't give a damn about anything and never gets hurt. Truth is nobody really knows what a real man is.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That highlights the second post is my post after yours brilliantly, star for you.

Some couples take offence at someone stepping in and trying to stop their physical violence!

Like I said, "... Leave everyone else to it."

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I probably won't leave them to it. But I'll certainly be sure to watch my back for the beatee from now on.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The bad thing about getting tangled in a family problem is blood is thicker than water. Translated: touch my family and I'll detach your head for your trouble, so what I screamed for help.
These kind of calls are what get most law enforcement killed. Superior numbers are required in this situation to keep a victim from attacking you when you come to the victims aid.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

all I can say is ..wow... 5 men watched and did nothing to intervene?

Kudos to you for helping these women out..I applaud your efforts.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
See, I'm much more a hit-me-and-you'll-never-sleep-soundly-again kinda woman.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf

you strike a dude with a glass bottle then quote Gandhi lol.

Gandhi was actually a master tactician. Against overwhelming force, pacifism can be literally the only effective card you can play.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hello.I read your post,and here is what I believe.Please bear with me ,as some of this may offend you.
You made a dead on analysis of the possible factors.In the book of Genesis,we see that Adam took a bite of the apple to impress Eve.This is because EVERYTHING heterosexual men do is to impress women.The war on society has successfully defeated women,and now they have come after the men.The point of this is to either wipe us all out,or enslave us all,or perhaps a little bit of both.Sound familiar?What would you call a country built on stolen land (the full spectrum genocide of the American Indian),and built with slave labor (the full spectrum enslavement of the American Black People).After having done this ,those that have a problem with this are told to "get over it",or "thats ancient history".Once people think that kind of thing is okay,the cyclicle nature of time ensures that your great grandchildren will have it done to them.With nowhere left to conquer,and noone left to enslave,doesnt it make some kind of SICK sense to do it to ourselves?BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i think your mistake is that you assume that everybody behaves as if they are cowards.

i have witnessed quite a few acts of bravery myself.

but don't get me wrong, i see where you are coming from, and i think that you did the right thing

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I got in the middle of a road rage incident one day where a big guy started beating on an old man out the front of some shops. The big guy kept swinging over the top of my shoulder at the old guy i was shielding so I warned him to stop as he was very close to hitting me in the face in his rage. He stopped for a second, I relaxed my hold on him and he swung a big punch over my shoulder clipping my ear. I uppercut him to his big ol' glass jaw and dropped him in one. The whole time, a bunch of guys bigger than me were watching on from the other side of the road... doing nothing..

Anyhow... The old man took off into the milk bar. As this is where I was going in the first place to buy a newspaper and milk, I went in to see if the old man was ok. It turned out he owned the milk bar. He didn't say thank you and the old prick charged me full price for my paper and milk. I quickly realised how an old ass like this got himself in that situation in the first place. I said to him... "no problem mate" as if to spur him into acknowledging what I just did for him... nup.. still no thank you. It's like it never happened.

Two words.... NEVER AGAIN!

IRM

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Thanks for the reply.

"A little family motto of mine is "Look after yourself, leave everyone else to it"
I agree for the most part, but usually make the exception when kids or women are being physically abused. It would be more painful to me, to see a kid or woman being abused and doing nothing, then to step in and face the consequences. It really all comes down to the circumstance though. I definitely would not make a philosophy or method of living out of it.

As far as the bottle goes, yeah, I feel bad. I wasn't intentionally thinking about using it. It was in my hand and instincts kicked in.

Thanks, again.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good job by stepping in ...

sometimes i fear like if i was in that siutation i would bash his face with the heat of the moment to make him not identifiable by his family memebers to teach him and the rest of the men who would beat women a lesson they would never forget

but of course i don't want to have it come to that . I don't like violence and forbid violence to solve violence ...

thats why in the heat of the moment i don't know if i would be able to control my self from rearranging his face ...

secondly i would like to point out the women who stay in these type of realtionships

who have a 100 excuses why they wanna stay in a abusive realtionship...

its women that allow them selfs to be with such people that gives these type of men the idea that women won't leave them no matter how much they beat them ..

if every women walked away at the first sign some violence in a realtionship i assure you men would behave in a much differnt manner then they do today ..

its so easy to make excuses for a abusive father , boyfriend , husband

but i would disown them in a heart beat for there actions but others don't see it the same

so enjoy the consequences of staying in that type of realtionship then expect one of "good men" to come save you when they are beating your face in

then have the audacity to cry victim when you just egged it on by staying in such a realtionship

i know you'll hear 100 of excuses why a women won't just leave that situation ...

i would rather be homeless then deal with that

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Whats your definition of a "real man"?

A real man is one who shows respect to his Mother and Father. A real man treats his friends and family and strangers on the street with the same respect as well. A real man loves his children and wife and stays through the thick and the thin. A man that will never lift his hand to a woman's face. Who will treat her like a lady with dignity and respect always. Who shows her how much he truly cares and loves her by telling her and surprising her with flowers at work or home. Cooking dinner and telling her to just put your feet up honey and let me handle the dishes and putting the kids to bed. A real man takes time to teach and show his kids the proper way to go about disputes and teaches them values in life. A real man teaches his children how to respect others and to be kind by example. And when in the presence of his wife, he shows them tenderness and compassion while holding her close. (Nothing un PG) A real man will see someone in distress and offer to help. Real men seek and praise God with their wives and family. Real men do the best they can, they don't cheat, steal or lie to get their way. They are humble, honest and their heart's are soft with love and compassion. Real men can be gentle as a lamb with their wife, children, family and friends. And can be fierce as a lion with offenders. We are both protectors and lovers....... uk.answers.yahoo.com...

Where have all the real men gone?
Top American columnist Kathleen Parker is causing a furor with her new book Save the Males, in which she argues that feminism has neutered men and deprived them of their noble, protective role in society

While women have been cast as victims, martyrs, mystics or saints, men have quietly retreated into their caves, the better to muffle emotions that fluctuate between hilarity (are these bitches crazy or what?) and rage (yes, they are and they’ve got our kids).
In the process of fashioning a more female-friendly world, we have created a culture that is hostile towards males, contemptuous of masculinity and cynical about the delightful differences that make men irresistible, especially when something goes bump in the night. entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

I think they are both true.
edit on 17-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Where are the real men ? In my opinion you are one. you did what you should have
Me im 62 and 165..not in my best form due to injurys
I would have done the same thing...weapons at hand can be anything from keys to bottles ..whatever you can grab..You did good

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Understand you're upset OP, but I don't see what any of this has to do with gender.

Most people simply don't want to get involved. I've been in a few situations broad day light with crowds around, and no one does anything. Bringing gender in just seems to be over complicating matters.

I think the whole thing can be summed up by 'generally people suck, but some people don't suck, and that's awesome.'

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join