It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood On My Shirt - Where Are the Real Men At?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think the most important aspect to all these hypothetical situations is that the victim needs to call out "help".

I'm a firm believer in the axiom: "Ask and ye shall receive"

Why anyone would ever want to intervene in a serious public domestic dispute is beyond me. If it seems to get out of control; call the cops and let them deal with it.

I remember my lady friend telling me a vividly true story of her friend intervening in a domestic dispute. The guy was out clubbing with his buds when a guy and his girlfriend were having a domestic dispute on a sidewalk. From what I gathered the guy started pushing and yelling at his girlfriend.

The interventionist in question is a part time night club bouncer weighing 300 lbs and 6'5". He was also ex army with a PTSD.

He shouts out to the guy: "you can't do that to her"
I'm not sure what the guy said to him but they confront manno a manno, a foot apart at most. The bouncer(off duty) said to the guy from what I recall: "whatta ya gonna do?"

The guy was about average height and average build. He proceeds to punch the ex-bouncer but before his fist moved a few inches; the ex-bouncer head butts him smashing his face. The guy was apparently wearing boots, he got knocked out cold and falls to the ground bootless!

The police come and arrest the ex-bouncer. Miraculously the cops were able to find video footage of the event and had to let the ex-bouncer walk free.

The bouncer is so lucky the guy didn't die or become a cripple.

I personally remember a situation in downtown Toronto where I was walking down a busy street in broad daylight and an attractive eastern european lady was walking alongside me a few feet away. Maybe 4-6 inches from her this dirty, greasy, drifter type person was very loudly saying to the lady: "F@ck me F@ck me"

I was shocked when I saw and heard that. I kept a very close eye on the drifter who was 3 ft away from me, ready to pounce on the scumbag if he touched her. Mind you about 50 people were within a 20ft radius of the altercation and most knew what was going on. The lady said to the loser 2-3 times "get away from me".

Luckily for that scumbag he briskly walked away. Now this happened about in 1994-95. If the same incident happened today 30 people would have dialed 911 instantly and the scumbag would be in jail. Unfortunately no one really had cellphones back then. I seriously doubt the lady reported the incident to the police.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

In some cases, they might be being so badly beat that they can't call out for help though. OR they might be afraid to ask for help.

I was around a lot of domestic abuse as a child and I know my mom was afraid to ask for help. She eventually got it but a lot of people are AFRAID. I know it sounds dumb but it is true.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
reply to post by GrassyKnoll

In some cases, they might be being so badly beat that they can't call out for help though. OR they might be afraid to ask for help

In that case I would shout out to the attacker: "Hey leave her alone...the police are coming"

and take it from there.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm sorry you had to be the one to stand up to tyranny. I don't feel you should ever judge yourself for actions you know are just. I'm also sorry for society. People such as yourself aren't meant for this.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join