It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by Stovokor
reply to post by drew1749

The rights of a minority group should not be decided by the majority.

Majority or Minority.....no group should have special rights.

I'm sorry, what "special rights" are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Agreed, straight people shouldn't have the special right to be married if gay people can't.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Well marriage for one. Everyone had the right to marry, everything was equal. Then gays come along and want the special right to marry someone of the same sex. Even Mormons had to give up a special marriage right (Polygamy) to become equal at one point. But no....gays have to be special.

link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Well marriage for one. Everyone had the right to marry, everything was equal. Then gays come along and want the special right to marry someone of the same sex. Even Mormons had to give up a special marriage right (Polygamy) to become equal at one point. But no....gays have to be special.

I have heard that argument and I think it is nonsense. "Gays can already get married, so long as it is to someone of a differant gender" is what you are saying. To state that same sex marriage is a "special right" would imply that the ultimate outcome is only gays would have the right to get married to people of the same gender... which is, of course, utter hogwash. If the ability for people to get married to those of the same gender is established, then anyone, regardless of sexual preference could do it.
edit on 8-14-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

link   
My sympathy is 100 percent behind the gay rights agenda. Being a minority myself I understand the reality of being marginalized.

This issue is a very divisive one because of the religious context that many people of faith put it in. It will remain that until religious folks upgrade their understanding of their religion.

Religion has a pre-modern context and a modern one that folks should pay more attention to.

In fact, what the religious don’t understand is that even God sometimes changes his laws and ways and basis them to some degree on the cultural changes in humankind’ experience. For example, if the religious people took all their text’s as something that should be followed literally for all time then their religion would sanction slavery—a ridiculous notion in the 21’st century.

Bachman basis her views of Gays on her pre-modern religious convictions and that is potentially dangerous.

edit on 14-8-2011 by inforeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You are apparently confusing the word 'special' with the word 'equal'... they do not mean the same thing... If one individual in this country has the right to do something, then every OTHER individual has the right to do that same thing. Marriage is simply a legal contract between two adults in the eyes of the State... The State does NOT have the right to decide which two individual adults can enter into such a contract... AND NEITHER DO YOU!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Carseller4

You are apparently confusing the word 'special' with the word 'equal'... they do not mean the same thing... If one individual in this country has the right to do something, then every OTHER individual has the right to do that same thing. Marriage is simply a legal contract between two adults in the eyes of the State... The State does NOT have the right to decide which two individual adults can enter into such a contract... AND NEITHER DO YOU!

Same with polygamy..

If four consenting adults want to get married and
have a farm why is that illegal..

Draw the line at animal marriage..

Anyways this is about bachman
and she is doing it for votes..

Let the people decide.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Bachman is psychotic. The TeaBags have run out of the GOP anyone with a semblance of a brain. The great thing about that? Conservatism will die and SOON.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Gay people make me nervous.

If a gay person yelled at me, I would run too.

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

I smell a troll.

Hopefully you're not being serious. Otherwise, our country may really be doomed after all...

Also, the whole opposing gay marriage argument is moronic and illogical. Many so called Conservatives/Libertarians want the government out of their lives, but they want the government to prohibit two people who love each other from getting married.

I suppose these are the same people who don't want blacks drinking from the same water fountains.

Disgusting bigots.
edit on 14-8-2011 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

Good call. You can not win in a yelling match with a gay person. Run the other way. These people are very good at yelling and causing a scene.

I smell a troll.

Hopefully you're not being serious. Otherwise, our country may really be doomed after all...

Also, the whole opposing gay marriage argument is moronic and illogical. Many so called Conservatives/Libertarians want the government out of their lives, but they want the government to prohibit two people who love each other from getting married.

I suppose these are the same people who don't want blacks drinking from the same water fountains.

Disgusting bigots.

I am 100% serious. I would rather get into an argument with a 6'5'' 310 lb bodybuilder on steroids than with a riled up gay person.

I have never opposed gay marriage. They always had the right to marry, and I am 100% for that.

I oppose same-sex marriage. Equal rights for all, special rights for none.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I hear yall prefer inbreeding to gay marriage.

americanasylum.files.wordpress.com...

^^^ Let them run around being as flamboyant as they want, let them screw eachother as much as they want, at the end of the day - it doesnt hurt you, it doesnt interfere with you or how you're life pans out.

Gay's getting married makes as much impact on you're life as the anthill that just sprung up on the footpath down the street.

If you're so against it - you're against people finding happyness - therefor you're a stooge.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I smell a troll.

Disgusting bigots.

I am 100% serious. I would rather get into an argument with a 6'5'' 310 lb bodybuilder on steroids than with a riled up gay person.

I have never opposed gay marriage. They always had the right to marry, and I am 100% for that.

You oppose same sex marriage but you don't oppose gay marriage?

lolwut?

"I am 100% serious. I would rather get into an argument with a 6'5'' 310 lb bodybuilder on steroids than with a riled up gay person."

Please, get out.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Come back when you learn how to read through ALL of the posts. He admited he called her crazy - several times.
Honestly, you're like a drive-by poster lashing out without even knowing the facts.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

lolwut?

Just like everyone else, gays had the right to marry. No one denied them that right.

But then they wanted a special right to marry someone of the same sex.

Understand?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That's hardly coherent and indicative of weak semantics.

Gay marriage is same sex marriage.

You've explicitly stated yourself that you do not oppose gay marriage ergo, you do not oppose same sex marriage by authentic definition, which you proceeded to contradict in the same post.

Furthermore, if a heterosexual has the right to marry and homosexual does not, the heterosexual therefore has special rights over the homosexual.

This is why your kind are losing. It's why your agenda has failed. Simply put, your arguments are void of any cogency.

Sexuality bigots never fail to astound me at the sheer weakness of their convictions. I'm constantly left thinking "is that the best you can really do?".

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
She was in a no win situation, nothing she said would be right, it'd be spun no matter what. Smells like a set up to me and frankly seems to be the norm on both sides.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
She was in a no win situation, nothing she said would be right, it'd be spun no matter what. Smells like a set up to me and frankly seems to be the norm on both sides.

Gosh I sure hope being president is not as hard as some gay kid yelling to you while you are onstage. Imagine, if that is a no win situation for her just what could happen if running the country is actually harder than that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Found this diagram to fully explain the Biblical definition(s) of marriage, which Congresswoman Bachmann seems to favor as being legislated as the norm:

link   

lolwut?

Just like everyone else, gays had the right to marry. No one denied them that right.

But then they wanted a special right to marry someone of the same sex.

Understand?

Are you one of those people who think gay people are faking it. Like they just chose to be gay?
Or maybe you think it's just a mental illness.

All of those are wrong, as are you when you say they want a "special" right.

Because when same-sex marriage is legal YOU too will also have the right to marry the same-sex, not just gay people. However, only gays would marry someone of the same sex, just like straight people would marry someone of the opposite sex...

Understand?

link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Gay marriage is same sex marriage.

Gay marriage is when a gay guy marries a woman, or when a lesbian marries a guy. This is gay marriage that is acceptable and all about equal rights.

Same sex marriage is special rights.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join