It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't want to stop you guys from debating please don't get me wrong however I think it would be better to leave carseller alone and not respond to him. That's only my personal opinion though.

Gosh I sure hope being president is not as hard as some gay kid yelling to you while you are onstage. Imagine, if that is a no win situation for her just what could happen if running the country is actually harder than that.

Exactly this is a huge deal and people are making it out that it isn't. If she can't handle the pressure of a teenager calling her out then she can't handle talking down a country who wants to nuke us. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
You oppose same sex marriage but you don't oppose gay marriage?

lolwut?

I know. It's like saying I'm not racist against whites, just Caucasians.

That's easily the most ridiculous thing I've read all day.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Found this diagram to fully explain the Biblical definition(s) of marriage, which Congresswoman Bachmann seems to favor as being legislated as the norm:

Ever heard of the New Testament bud?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
Found this diagram to fully explain the Biblical definition(s) of marriage, which Congresswoman Bachmann seems to favor as being legislated as the norm:

So the old testament is no longer relevant? Good, because those ten commandments are really a thorn in my side.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

All the good anti-gay stuff is in the old Testament so you are really going to have to decide which one you are going with here.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Actually being president it would matter, maybe. This smells of a plant by the left and nothing more. Surely you aren't suggesatinjg that this would happen as president, this happened while trying to garner votes. Seems to me Obama got a pass from the homosexuals and the left on this, hmmmm, I don't have to wonder why. Just more partisan b.s, the norm on here any more really.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Just like everyone else, gays had the right to marry. No one denied them that right.

But then they wanted a special right to marry someone of the same sex.

Understand?

The difference is that gays do not have the right to marry someone who they love. That is a special right given to straight people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rev0lver

Just like everyone else, gays had the right to marry. No one denied them that right.

Understand?

The difference is that gays do not have the right to marry someone who they love. That is a special right given to straight people.

Yes they do....as long as it is someone of the opposite sex.

What is so hard to figure out?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

How do you have such a poor understanding of the English language?

"as long as" is a qualification placed on the right, thus limiting it for certain individuals. You are the one that added it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Stop feeding the troll...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You all constantly refer to the Old Testament in this issue, so deal with it! As far as the New Testament is concerned, PLEASE show me just ONE instance where Jesus weighed in on this issue!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rexusdiablos

Gay marriage is same sex marriage.

Gay marriage is when a gay guy marries a woman, or when a lesbian marries a guy.

Same sex marriage is special rights.

No. It's not. You're wrong.

Same-sex marriage (also known as gay marriage)[1] is marriage between two persons of the same biological sex or social gender.

Source: Wikipedia

Just in case you missed that:

Same-sex marriage (also known as gay marriage)

How about this? Show me one formal definition that you believe supports your false claim. If you can't, admit you're wrong or it'll be assumed. ATS members frown on disinformation.
edit on 14/8/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Actually being president it would matter, maybe. This smells of a plant by the left and nothing more. Surely you aren't suggesatinjg that this would happen as president, this happened while trying to garner votes. Seems to me Obama got a pass from the homosexuals and the left on this, hmmmm, I don't have to wonder why. Just more partisan b.s, the norm on here any more really.

I am not worried this is what will happen while she is president. I am actually concerned you know, something worse might happen and she might have to deal with that. This did not instill much hope. Who cares if it is a plant. You think America does not have enemies that use plants?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

Big difference between when and if, she's trying to garner votes, just like Obama who disagrees with homosexuality, and yet gets a pass. Deflection from the man in office, isn't that what we're talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

As a gay person, I have no physical or strong emotional attachment to the opposite sex. I am incapable of loving them as a partner, as I assume you are with the same sex. They cannot marry someone who they love, because they don't love someone of the opposite sex. Why must you have the right to marry someone you love, yet I cannot?

Oh wait, I live in New York

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
Stop feeding the troll...

Indeed, I already responded to Carseller's bogus and sophist "special rights" argument and he ignored it. Tells me that he has no interest in intelligently discussing the issue and will only be spouting out the officially mandated talking points which is basically GIGO.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Huffington Post reported.

Seriously? Dont those people work for free?

And no i am not supporting anyone one way or another.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Malcher because: Adding

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

Quite simply, yes. She's wrong for the country. The majority is NOT AGAINST Gay lifestyles. They could care less as long as it's not being pushed into their faces.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

Quite simply, yes. She's wrong for the country. The majority is NOT AGAINST Gay lifestyles. They could care less as long as it's not being pushed into their faces.

Indeed, I feel the same about Christians. I don't care what they do so long as it is not shoved into my face.

That's pretty much the way it is with all various groups. We can indeed get along...most of us were taught the basics of that in Kindergarten... sadly, I think as a whole, Western culture has forgotten the import things.
edit on 8-14-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

You oppose same sex marriage but you don't oppose gay marriage?

lolwut?

Understand?

Oh you're a smart ass, aren't you? You little silly goose you.

A man should have a right to marry a man and a woman should have a right to marry a woman.

Sorry, but civil liberties are part of American values. Keep government out of marriage.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join