Hysterical Michele Bachmann flees teenage gay activist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure: Ron Paul was 2nd ... OMFG! Did hell just freeze over in the GOP heartland! He's making MASSIVE headway there! That he came 2nd in such a biased demographic polling is a clear sign that he IS being listened to AND AGREED WITH!

I'm happy for Mr. Paul. He might win this time. What's the history related to votes for paul? Is this normal or a new thing? I didnt pay attention to paul in 08 (
)
edit on 8/13/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

From your lips to the spaghetti monsters ears..

I'm a big ole corn fed country boy..and gay..i should follow her around and scare the bejebus out of her..but i'm afraid her big gay hubby might violate me!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

The Huffington Post???? Really??? this is your source hmmmmm no bias there....
Why do gays shout?? why not ask questions in a peaceful manner, act like adults ,and you will recieve more respect. Respect is not demanded it is earned. I have gay friends that would have been embarrassed by a girl yelling at a person. Quit shouting our saying rude crap, or forcing your views on us and flaunting in public: Hey I got an idea ....How about TRYING TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE>>>>>>>
just my 2 cents worth.
Schools are not a place for gay activism, nor should their be books about my 2 dads in 2nd grade. If it is ok to do this then it should be ok to Read the Bible in schools. It is indoctrinating the children into your beliefs so why can't they be also exposed to Christian beliefs?
Just keep it at home.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This whole debate is very simple.

Q: Are gay americans, americans or of another nationality?

A: American, duh

Q: Do americans have the right to Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness from their creator?

A: Yep, in the declaration of independence, thanks TJ for putting that in there, good stuff, we can all agree.

Q: Do americans have a freedom of religion?

A: Yep, we all know this

Q: Is marriage a religious ceremony?

A: Not exclusively, but it certainly can be and is.

Q: Does government have the authority to regulate religion?

A: No Freaking Way.

Q: Can churches decide who gets married?

A: Sure, if a church does not want to marry people, for whatever reason, that is their right of religion.

Q: Can a church decide to marry two gay people?

A: Sure, if a church wants to marry two gay people, that is their right of religion.

Q: Can people not like it that gay people get married?

A: Sure, freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

Q: Should two gay people be allowed to pursue happiness anyhow?

A: Yep, as long as Gay people are still people and not toasters or coffee machines. They are people right?

It is ridiculous how people like to assign rights by group in this country. Groups do not have rights, Majorities do not have rights, Minorities do not have rights.

INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE have rights.

Our USA is founded on the principal that even the most well intended majority can not impose their views by force of law on 3rd parties, unless the 3rd party is violating the rights of others.

The marriage of two gay individuals does not violate anyone's rights
Not allowing two gay individuals to marry does violate rights.

For a person to say "I think marriage should only apply to a man and a women" is just fine to say as an opinion.

For a person to say "I think the law should stop gay marriage" is the same as saying, I think that freedom of religion is BS. I also think the american code of laws (the constitution) is crap. Rights should only be given to people I approve of.

I am not so sure Bachmann would say the constitution is crap and freedom of religion is BS. Though this is exactly what she is saying when she says that government should limit marriage by law.

Unfortunately, the laws of this land doesn't hold so much weight, as everyone seems to think we live in a democracy of majority rules. NOT SO. This is a constitutional republic, not a democracy.

Our constitutional republic was setup to protect the right of individuals, not groups.

This is coming from a straight, male, recently engaged to a female. I say this, not because it matters, only to show that you do not have to be gay to support gays, you only have to be a good american. I came to this position using something I call common sense.

Do you have to like gay marriage? Nope.
Do you have to endorse gay marriage? Nope.
Do you have to tolerate gay marriage? Yep

Just as gay's have to tolerate traditional marriage. How would you feel if the shoe was on the other foot? Would you appreciate the State telling you that you couldn't marry your wife or husband?

Why should a gay person tolerate it then? Nonsense. The lack of common sense is amazing.

The reason they don't want marriage between gays has more to do with the tax code in my opinion.

edit on 14-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: fixed a few items for the spelling police out there.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Now see that is precise, and makes sense. Try that instead of yelling and causing a scene. I agree with your post and is one of the reasons I am for Ron Paul. Gays have every right to the benefits of marriage even though I disagree with their lifestyle as they do mine. We just agree to disagree. We are to love everyone not pick and chose.
edit on 14-8-2011 by hanyak69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Schools are not a place for gay activism, nor should their be books about my 2 dads in 2nd grade. If it is ok to do this then it should be ok to Read the Bible in schools.
reply to post by hanyak69

Umm there is proof that there are gay people..there is absolutely NO proof that your god exist.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Since we're on ATS I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but I am. Some of you seem to be seriously suggesting that someone who is a committed practicing Christian, and I suppose Jew or Moslem or Hindu etc., should be prohibited from being President because of the supposed "wall between church and state". Do any of you know anything about American history? Like why many of the colonists came here in the first place? Have any of you actually read the 1st Amendment? The supposed "wall" is a relatively recent invention of a liberal Supreme Court and more accurately reflects liberals hostility towards religion than the original intent of the 1st Amendment. A little reading to explain why:

www.earlyamerica.com...
edit on 14-8-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

I agree with you, good show!

I think where the problem may come in is when representatives of the people use religion to test if legislation is good rather than using the constitution as the standard for good or bad legislation.

Anti-Gay marriage laws, may pass some religious test (some), but they fail horribly on a constitution test.

Our representatives can be as religious as they want to BUT laws have to be constitutional and an oath to do such is sworn.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LooksLikeWeMadeIt

What you-they are is less than 1% of the population. One friggin %. That's all the attention you deserve. Why should I have to accept anything you want just because YOU WANT! Selfish, Selfish, Selfish

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
So what If Bachmann's views are Christian and not supportive of Gay lifestyles? Does it make her wrong?
The silent majority of Christian's most likely agree with Bachmann.

the sad thing is, is that makes the majority of Christians bigots and hypocrites...

PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hanyak69

The Huffington Post???? Really??? this is your source hmmmmm no bias there....
Why do gays shout?? why not ask questions in a peaceful manner, act like adults ,and you will recieve more respect. Respect is not demanded it is earned. I have gay friends that would have been embarrassed by a girl yelling at a person. Quit shouting our saying rude crap, or forcing your views on us and flaunting in public: Hey I got an idea ....How about TRYING TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE>>>>>>>
just my 2 cents worth.
Schools are not a place for gay activism, nor should their be books about my 2 dads in 2nd grade. If it is ok to do this then it should be ok to Read the Bible in schools. It is indoctrinating the children into your beliefs so why can't they be also exposed to Christian beliefs?
Just keep it at home.

The Huffington post is to my knowledge a respectable news source. Prove me wrong.

Why do they shout? Maybe because she's calling for them to change something they can't help and telling them to deny something as important as love. Basically she indirectly wants them to be unhappy so that her world can be perfectly moral.

Schools are not a place for gay activism? Who says they are? and actually schools are the first step. High Schools that is. If my teachers could make sexual jokes and talk about sex ed we can discuss homosexuality and why it doesn't make anyone less of a person.

"Just keep it at home" while Politically I agree with this idea I do however feel it's wrong. It shouldn't be taught at home either. We should be tolerant of everyone. Hell look at Jesus for help. How did he treat people? Aren't we all supposed to be Christ like as Christians?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I can't believe she beat Ron Paul in the straw poll. Seriously, wtf, this woman isn't qualified to manage a Burger King, let alone a country!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Couldn't have said it any better good sir.

Gay + Politics = Nope

We should make signs and picket with that slogan. I'm tired of hearing about it personally. I mean it makes a great debate but in the end we know who will win because regardless of morals we aren't discussing that, we're talking about leading a country of many different types of people.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Gabe Aderhold had every right to yell at Michelle Bachmann. She has publicly demonized his way of life! Even if you do consider yelling out childish, let's not forget he was 17 years old. Still legally a child! Anyway...

Let's put this in terms the other side of the fence can understand: There is a gay candidate and he is publicly stating his hate of Christians and heterosexuals. In fact, he agrees with amending the constitution to forever make straight-christian marriage illegal across the whole country. People are cheering and clapping. Would you bite your tongue and wait for the guillotine to come down on your rights as a free person? Or would you speak out?

"Well I'll let my vote do my talking for me."
In that case, imagine that you are massively outnumbered in the election. In fact, you may only make up 1% of the population. You aren't asking that the whole nation become straight, you are only seeking freedom to live your life as you would like to live it and not interfere with other peoples' lives. However, only the anti-straight people have a platform and they don't think you should have any right to co-exist in THEIR "free" world, so who do you think people will listen to? Who will win in that election? (Let's put on our thinking caps, boys and girls!)

It's the same as banning wearing neon clothes in public. "I don't wear neon and I have a very bland narrow view of the world so it makes me uncomfortable when I see other people going outside my own comfort zone. Also, in my religion wearing neon is looked down upon. Well, even though I could just continue my life normally and not participate in wearing neon (because no one is FORCING ME TO), instead I'm going to force EVERYONE to never wear neon because...well...because I said so! It's just the RIGHT thing to do."

Absolutely. Ridiculous.

This has NOTHING to do with her being a woman. This isn't an attack on her gender, it's an attack on her actions. Instead of standing boldly in the face of opposition (one teenage heckler) she decided she would rather give up and retreat back to the tour bus.

She would rather only speak to people who already agree totally with what she is going to say (now who is being childish?). Isn't the purpose of these speeches to try and educate people on what you want to do for them, not just to bask in the applause every time you finish a sentence?

This shows that she just isn't a strong candidate. She saw what happened when Romney got heckled at his speech and didn't want to risk headlines with her failed attempts to respond. Maybe her handlers knew she wasn't up to the task and pulled her off the podium before she made the situation worse.

Who knows, maybe Michelle has no problem with gay people but has to thump the bible and bash them in order to win support of her party. Just like the abortion issue. And the tax issue. And the health care issue. And the foreign policy issues. Etc.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor

Schools are not a place for gay activism, nor should their be books about my 2 dads in 2nd grade. If it is ok to do this then it should be ok to Read the Bible in schools.
reply to post by hanyak69

Umm there is proof that there are gay people..there is absolutely NO proof that your god exist.

I always love reading atheists get mad at Christians. Mainly because this argument comes up. Listen dude I know you're upset at a minority of Christians but we aren't all bad and it drives me insane when you try to force your beliefs onto us by pointing out your opinion that there is no proof that god exists.

Religion is a personal thing. It also isn't something related to logic it is emotional. Well actually it's both. But calling into question religion is a attack on emotions. You may think it's logic but to the person you're talking to you are insulting them. Simple as that.

Leave it be. He can believe what he wants, you can believe what you want, and I can believe what I want.

(However his argument is stupid I'll give you that. I just needed to rant on how much I hate atheists jumping in saying that there is no god. For the most part I try not to impose my beliefs on others. I make them aware but...you get my point)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
His beliefs infringe on my rights, so I'll bash Christian fundies every time I see one.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotry

Well said. I think the main issue in this story besides gay rights is that she ran away from a child. Legally that is. A 17 year old boy. It is not logical that the president should run away from a teenager. What will she do under the pressure of real issues? Run away then as well?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
His beliefs infringe on my rights, so I'll bash Christian fundies every time I see one.

Fair enough. I just needed to share with you that not all Christians are stupid. If you think believing in God is stupid...well then never mind we are all stupid. However bashing fundamentalists and Christians are two different things. At least to me it is. I don't consider fundies real Christians.

At least not the ones who don't show love to their fellow men and woman. (That includes gay people guys)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This thread again shows how USA is decades behind rest of the west when it comes to gay rights and equality.
Sad to see so many narrow minded homophobes in this thread..

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join