It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Feldman: "Pedophilia is Hollywood's Biggest Problem"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

As a victim of exactly this kind of abuse at a very young age, I am very familiar with just exactly how much it can F up a person's life.

It's not what he did or didn't do when he was young that I find reprehensible, I can completely empathize with that, and even his silence for long afterward, but now decades later, only after his friend (also a victim) committed suicide does he come forward with this in the media, in what appears to be shameless self promotion and attention seeking, rather than a genuine attempt to expose criminal sexual abuse of children, while failing to actually expose anything in particular... It leaves open the possibility that others may have been made victims when he could have done this long ago and possibly prevented that, and perhaps left a pedophile free to continue such abuse.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Part of my family has been in the film industry for a few generations. (grandfather was nominated for an academy award). I got a glimpse into that world at parties and such, and grew up on the stories my dad and grandparents had during the time he was growing up, their friends being people like Marilyn Monroe and the Rat Pack. I gained a rather negative view of it all. Dirty and twisted dramas all the time.

During the time Corey Feldman was doing The Goonies, I was at Disneyland when some adults brought him there. He seemed new to California, and to me he seemed naive and overexcited. I was the same age, and sat next to him on the Submarine ride, and remember thinking he was a geek.

But when I think about those adults that were just chaperoning him around, not really talking to him or having any fun themselves.....it just looked like they were stuck with the job of walking the dog that day. It was strange. When he was hanging out with Michael Jackson, it seemed perfectly likely to me that he was used in all kinds of ways, by perhaps many people.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

As a victim of exactly this kind of abuse at a very young age, I am very familiar with just exactly how much it can F up a person's life.

It's not what he did or didn't do when he was young that I find reprehensible, I can completely empathize with that, and even his silence for long afterward, but now decades later, only after his friend (also a victim) committed suicide does he come forward with this in the media, in what appears to be shameless self promotion and attention seeking, rather than a genuine attempt to expose criminal sexual abuse of children, while failing to actually expose anything in particular... It leaves open the possibility that others may have been made victims when he could have done this long ago and possibly prevented that, and perhaps left a pedophile free to continue such abuse.

I appreciate your honesty and I'm sorry for what happened to you. It never happened to me, so while I may not be able to relate, I can understand that no child should have to go through that.

Maybe if he had said something in more detail, as in names, a little sooner than he did, someone or some people could have been brought to justice. I have a hard time believing though that if one or ten pedophiles go to jail, that there won't be one or ten more waiting in the wings to take ther place.

Call me cynical or ruthless, but I really don't believe that this problem will totally end until all pedophiles are quckly eradicated, their younger victims getting treatment that will ensure they will not repeat what was done to them, whatever that treatment may be, and then the older victims taken on a case by case basis as to whether or not they have repeated the crimes in question. If they have, erdicate them. If they haven't, give them evaluations and treatments to ensure that they won't. Again, whatever those treatments may have to be.

If people think that's extreme, picture the alternative. Picture more generations of sexually abused children that have to live through an emotional hell. Who do not get to be real children.

Corey Feldman may not have done the right thing by not stepping forward sooner, but even if he did, it wouldn't have made a difference IMO.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Corey Feldman may not have done the right thing by not stepping forward sooner, but even if he did, it wouldn't have made a difference IMO

So, then it's okay, we should just look the other way, because it really doesn't make any difference.

Try selling that to victims that would not have been victims if someone who could have, had done something, anything they could, as soon as possible.

You're right, it really doesn't matter now.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Corey Feldman may not have done the right thing by not stepping forward sooner, but even if he did, it wouldn't have made a difference IMO.

The Star Thrower extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Corey Feldman may not have done the right thing by not stepping forward sooner, but even if he did, it wouldn't have made a difference IMO

So, then it's okay, we should just look the other way, because it really doesn't make any difference.

Try selling that to victims that would not have been victims if someone who could have, had done something, anything they could, as soon as possible.

You're right, it really doesn't matter now.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

Nobody should ever look away from this problem.

When I said it doesn't matter, I meant that it doesn't matter because of the fact that there will be more pedo's to take the place of the ones that have been locked up. I didn't mean to imply that it doesn't matter to the victims.

If naming names makes victims feel better, and I'm sure it would, they need to undersatnd and accept the fact that it's going to be shortlived because there are going to be more pedophiles to take the place of the one's that have been locked up, and there's no amount of name dropping that is going to change that. The only real solution to this problem, and victims of this crime should understand this better than anyone, is the swift and total erdication of all people like this.

If prison populations don't tolerate people like this, why should we?

That's right, I forgot, we're civilized. Let the animals take care of the problem. God forbid if we should get our hands dirty.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
In my opinion, and the experience I have, Making a statement as such is one of two things both of which are punishable by law.
    1. Having knowledge of a criminal events and not giving names or occurrences is harboring fugitives and makes one guilty by association.
    2.Knowingly and willingly making false accusations to the police is punishable by law. If not given to the police, it becomes libel or Slander(depending on written or spoken), punishable by Civil action.

Corey has placed himself between a rock and a hard place by not divulging names or occurrences. If he wants to expose the situation without "implicating" or "exposing" himself there is always "Crime Stoppers". It does no good to simply state that a problem exists without examples. I understand that by bringing it out it may help others to come forward, however, without names and places it is like saying "People eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in Philadelphia". This is a global problem and to assume that it does not exist in Hollywood is naive.

Corey has exposed nothing. The burden of proof is on his shoulders at the moment, at least until he formally accuses a person or persons. This is a sick situation as it is occurring and I for one want names. These people(and I use the term lightly) need to be punished. If it hurts their career, so be it, they should have thought of that to begin with. The problems in Hollywood are extreme and for the most part ignored and this needs to stop. Simply because they "act" in the movies or shows does not warrant the status they receive. They are treated a gods and goddesses for what?

The whole situation called Hollywood sickens me with all the stuff that goes on behind the scenes. Any one else who is found out doing illegal things like sex crimes, drugs, violence are shunned in society but actors for some reason are excused as "oh they have a hard life living in the shows and public view, send them to treatment" while the rest of us go to jail with no chance of special treatment. I find this as wrong. We are all held to the same laws, there should be no special treatment regardless of status or position.

Many of the comments in this thread attack others for asking for proof or names. It is almost like it is a surprise to them that it is even being asked for. To me this makes no sense whatsoever. Go to any thread that makes a statement and every one of them has people asking for links or some sort of proof. What makes this any different? Just because it is a public figure("has been" or not) does not make it fact without proof and it is everyones right to expect it in situations like this. I didn't see anyone denying that it does not happen(as that would be a silly assumption) they only want more information to back up the allegations. Would you expect anything less from this site?

*SNIP

Removed Off Topic Chatter as promised
edit on 8/12/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The Star Thrower

Point taken and I agree.

Every single individual is important and, even if it doesn't stop the problem, it helps the victim in the short term. And that's good. It helps them heal. All I'm saying is that if you don't stop the reason why the starfish need to be thrown back into the ocean in the first place, the tide is going to keep washing them ashore.

Stories of inspiration like that will always tug at the heartstrings. They really do. But if we take care of the bigger problem that dictates that we need stories of inspiration like that to help us make sense of the world, wouldn't that be more inspiring?

Wouldn't it be more inspiring to know that children will no longer have to suffer this way?

Wouldn't it be more inspiring to know that we have advanced as a race to the point where we had the fortitude, the strength, to take care of a problem in a "politically incorrect" way that has caused so many so much pain during the course of so many centuries?

extra DIV

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Is this a thread about pedophiles in Hollywood, or is it a thread about how some washed up D-list actor who spilled the beans about something without actually opening the lid? As if all he was doing was showing that the beans are still there.

Yes, what is this whole episode about? A washed up (D-list is actually too kind) actor who claims to "know something" concerning Hollywood pedophiles, yet won't say anything to put a stop to at least a portion of it. Or is it a grab at attention by someone?

That's a very good question. Accusations of this sort aren't made casually. They're either the truth, or they're a malicious attempt to harm someone.

Spilling the beans without naming names, or providing proof? Sounds rather like McCarthy, doesn't it? Rather than Reds, we'll use pedos. If he's got proof, knows names, he needs to go to the authorities, y'know the cops? Instead he holds an interview? Really?

Sorry, but I'm inclined to disbelief, myself. If it's true, he needs to grow a sack and provide the cops with the names and other proofs he might have. Anything else is cowardise.

My humble opinion, of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I thought Corey Haim died from drugs. You may attribute that to a pedaphile but it may have just been part of the system he got caught up in.

Feldman obviously knows that by naming names any chance of acting again would be shot so he is putting his own needs ahead of any care he has to see justice done for his friend.

Pitiful

Perhaps you would like to post your name and address?

Peace

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by Afterthought
If you weren't a Super Moderator, I'd believe you to be a troll. Your post to star ratio also implies this.
I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you seem too angry at the moment and seem to be taking Feldman's comments personally. Cool down and breathe. It's O.K.

Whether you like it or not, I'm a member and just as entitled to express my opinion as anyone else. What I'm taking personally is the notion that someone can claim to have knowledge of pedophiles, but refuse to do what any decent person would do and act to bring those subhumans to justice, and some people find that to be somehow laudable.

I find it disgusting and cowardly in the extreme, and people who shield pedophiles are every bit at minimum as reprehensible as the pedophiles themselves.

Star that.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

I am not sure what difference it makes, they rarely do anything to them when caught. It is not just Hollywood..our small town if i look at the state list shows the (known pedophiles) and there is one on our short street and 3 more within a block, on top of that despite supposed laws that say they can't live near parks and schools most of the 100 or more in town live by the park and schools...NO ONE SEEMS To CARE!
In our county incest child abuse is the highest in the state and the numbers were huge but they are huge everywhere!
registered sex offenders. California As of December 31, 2001, the DOJ’s Sex Offender Registry contained information on 93,139
ag.ca.gov...
Most are not listed or caught..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

if what feldman says is true, would the authorities help? IMO IF he is telling the truth, then i think the interview is the best option because he is putting the info out there. if he told the po-lice more than likely even if they did actually find evidence nothing would happen, because thats how crimes involving celebrities/elites are dealt with in hollywood, with a grain of salt. pretty much people in hollywood do what they want. whens the last time anyone in hollywood did hard time?

edit on 12/8/11 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/8/11 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Being sexually abused is devestating to a person's self-confidence, sense of self, sense of well-being.

I really admire Corey Feldman for speaking out. It couldn't have been easy, and it very well could have been dangerous for him to do so.

I hope this gives other victims of sexual abuse both in Hollywood and outside of Hollywood to speak up.

Hopefully, the actual perpetrators will be exposed soon. I can't blame him for not naming names, but only commend him for his bravery.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by i8miceb4

You miss the point. He has been trying to relaunch his career for years. In fact a few years back, he was in some stupid reality show with Haim. He doesn't give a crap that Hollywood chews people up and spits them out. He craves the limelight...

You may be right, but I feel it could also be now having a child of his own.
Any parent can tell you this is the time their protective instincts come to the fore & they reevaluate long held beliefs.
I'm guessing he can finally see the forest from the trees as an adult, & as such, feels responsible to finally speak out.
I can only hope this opens the door to other victims that have had to live with such a dark secret.
If it does get to the stage that 'names are named', I'm guessing there will be a longgggg list of 'professionals' ie: judges, politicians etc ,that will be brought out into the light also.
Great post OP, S&F

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Flaged, I want to come back to this later. I have to go to work now though.

Raist

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Did you watch the video in the original report linked in the OP?

His now dead (from suicide) friend accuses him of watching him being sexually abused when he was 14, and "did nothing" to which Feldman replies that he to was being abused at the time and he did nothing.

Regardless, this shows that it was going on in the 80s, and yet here we are in 2011 with these allegations now from Feldman, and how many more kids have been abused/exploited over all of these years of silence?

Why do you keep on insisting that it was suicide?
The cause of death was- "Diffuse Alevolar Damage", due to or as a consequence of "Community Acquired Pneumonia"

Autopsy Report-
www.autopsyfiles.org...
Page 8

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Interesting indeed.

I wonder who the "mogul" is that Haim mentioned.... and if he is speaking the truth, then good on him

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I have known Corey on a personal basis for 20 years.

The guy will do just about anything for attention.

I have a great story about Corey and Sam Kinison.

I just could not think of a way to express it here (TOS).

It could be true....But I smell a book...
edit on 12-8-2011 by whyamIhere because: having a blue dream

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I just wanted to stop back in and thank everyone for discussing this hot topic. It's difficult to keep your emotions out of the discussion sometimes and this is easily understood. I'm glad the majority have been able to have a decent conversation and mature debate regarding this touchy subject.

I posted this thread because it's refreshing to hear an actor, even if he is not in any current movies or shows, to discuss pedophilia in Hollywood. This is not something you see or hear everyday from a Hollywood insider. Especially since it is someone who was a child actor when I was about the same age coming forward about this sick stuff. Not to mention a guy who I thought was totally hot! I mean, who doesn't love "The Goonies"?!?! It's a cult classic in which Feldman and Haim both acted.

Whether you love him, hate him, and/or think he's doing all this "talk" for selfish reasons, he's still getting people discussing child sexual abuse in the entertainment industry. I believe everyone can agree that it does indeed happen and it should be talked about more. The more it's discussed, the more likely someone, anyone will have the guts to name names. The rich pedos' house of cards will fall. I'm sure of it. It takes time for this stuff to come full circle, but it has to be revealed a little bit at a time. I hope Feldman does go to the authorities. It's very likely that the perps he would implicate are still abusing children and will have evidence right now that can be used against them.

Mr. Feldman, if you're reading this. Please go forward so that the suspect's(s') property(ies) can be inspected and the children they're working with can be interviewed by detectives. Most of us are behind you and believe that pedophilia is rampant in Hollywood. Be strong and karma will reward you. Unseen forces will protect you and yours. You will feel better and any pain you're feeling will subside.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Hmm, yes.
Pedophilia and bad taste I'd say.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join