It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Feldman: "Pedophilia is Hollywood's Biggest Problem"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
I thought Corey Haim died from drugs. You may attribute that to a pedaphile but it may have just been part of the system he got caught up in.

Feldman obviously knows that by naming names any chance of acting again would be shot so he is putting his own needs ahead of any care he has to see justice done for his friend.

Pitiful

If he gets himself assassinated for naming names he will be able to do no good at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Afterthought

He's in bigger danger saying he knows something and stopping there, than he would be if he just said what he knows.

So no. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I think he's either entirely full of hot air, or a coward. One or the other, in my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

What about slanderous and liable laws? What if Feldman DOES know something but has no proof? What then? I'll tell ya what....this hollywood mogul gets even more rich from the ensuing lawsuit.

You can't just name names without proof ya know.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So no. I don't think he's any kind of hero. I think he's either entirely full of hot air, or a coward. One or the other, in my opinion.

No, he is NOT full of hot air.....His intentions for coming out about this, may be good or they may be bad. YOU DON'T KNOW.....

The fact is.... Child abuse DOES take place in Hollywood. It IS a problem.... and hey, if something gets done.... Someone gets brave enough to name names....If any justice gets done, then quite frankly, I don't care what his intentions were..... As long as it makes a positive difference....

Coward or not. Good intentions or bad intentions..... At least he said SOMETHING....More than most others can say in Hollywood, now isn't it?
edit on 12-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I grew up watching Corey Feldman. He was my era's teen heartthrob. I'm so glad that he was able to avoid becoming one of the destroyed childhood stars and I'm happy to hear him speaking out now about pedophilia in Hollywood.

Many people turn a blind eye to this. They either can't or won't believe that this could be happening. Why not? I ask. You have rich people, access to drugs, and parents who are more concerned with money than their child's welfare. These circumstances combine to create a toxic and abusive environment for children.

Article:
scoop.today.com...

From the article:

Feldman says that child fame can be damaging, and attributes the harm caused to kids in the business to a large, unspoken problem -- pedophilia. "I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia. That's the biggest problem for children in this industry. ... It's the big secret," Feldman said.

Feldman went on to assert that pedophilia contributed to the early death of his friend Corey Haim, pointing the finger at one person in Hollywood, but stopping short of naming him. "There's one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim. And that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul. And that person needs to be exposed, but, unfortunately, I can't be the one to do it," he said.

May Corey Haim rest in peace.

I encourage everyone to read this short article and watch the video. The interview airs tonight. It's called "Underage and Famous" and here is a link to a more detailed article discussing the show.
abcnews.go.com...

Usually I wouldn't applaud the MSM, but I'm happy that ABC is airing this disgusting fact and putting it into the mainstream.

I just hope that nothing happens to Mr. Feldman. He's not saying who the Hollywood mogul is who contributed to Haim's death and I wouldn't doubt that he is aware that people are killed for revealing such information.

Let's all stand behind Corey Feldman right now. I applaud his bravery and wish nothing but the best for him.
Love you, Mr. Feldman! Best wishes to you and yours!

Thanks for posting this, Afterthought. It's a topic which brings many reactions. So many people just don't want to believe this kind of thing goes on.

Imo, what is going on in Hollywood is, tragically, only the tip of a much bigger iceberg. The moguls at the top belong to clubs with other moguls and people of power in other areas of society, where this kind of thing is just as prevalent.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hmm, I wonder why Feldman doesn't want his son to become involved in Hollywood....

On keeping Zen (his son) out of the storyline of his show: “I never wanted Zen to be a part of the show. Susie and my feelings are that we want to keep him as far away from the entertainment business as possible; certainly until he’s old enough to make those decisions for himself.

www.zimbio.com...

You don't have to be a genius to figure this one out.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

From what I've read elsewhere, that is completely incorrect. I have heard that whistleblowers are tolerated UNTIL they provide evidence. Once they provide evidence (and names) they are taken out.

I'm sorry you have nothing positive to say about someone who has had the courage to speak out about something so horrendous. But like the OP said, some people would rather point the finger at the victim than accept the painful reality.

Nothing positive at all. Without evidence, you're not a whistleblower. You're just blowing hot air. What courage? He's said nothing. If you have info about something like that and keep it to yourself, you're no better than the criminal. That's aiding and abetting. I'd drag his ass to jail right now if I had the authority, and keep him there until he either gave up what he knows, or admits he's doing it for the attention.

"Oh, I know pedophiles who are sexually abusing children, but I'm not telling."

No, not on my watch. He's opened that can, now he can either admit it's for attention, or give up what he knows. Or he's the biggest coward west of the Rockies.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You're welcome and I'm more than happy to post a thread as important as this one.
It's amazing to see how many people want to fight and argue over the topic though and berate the man. I just can't figure some people out.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You miss the point. He has been trying to relaunch his career for years. In fact a few years back, he was in some stupid reality show with Haim. He doesn't give a crap that Hollywood chews people up and spits them out. He craves the limelight...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4

In fact a few years back, he was in some stupid reality show with Haim. He doesn't give a crap that Hollywood chews people up and spits them out. He craves the limelight...

No, you're missing the point. I've already mentioned this reality show and have referenced it in my posts. You may want to slow down with your comments and read what's been discussed already.

Has it occurred to you that maybe he wanted to be working near his best friend, Haim, because he was worried about him and trying to get him back on track?
There's more than one angle to this. People will always have an agenda. Haim obviously wanted to stay in the limelight. Was the reality show Haim's idea or Feldman's? Was it both of their ideas? It's obvious though that Feldman didn't want his son to appear on the reality from the quote I provided above.

Where are the other instances where Feldman has tried to restart his movie career? I'd like to see your evidence since this is what you're claiming.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
No, he is NOT full of hot air.....His intentions for coming out about this, may be good or they may be bad. YOU DON'T KNOW.....

That's why I said, "In My Opinion". Did you miss that part? So he's not full of hot air? Guess what, you don't know that, either.

The fact is.... Child abuse DOES take place in Hollywood. It IS a problem.... and hey, if something gets done.... Someone gets brave enough to name names....If any justice gets done, then quite frankly, I don't care what his intentions were..... As long as it makes a positive difference....

IF. He's named nothing. He's said nothing, only enough to grab some attention for himself. Child abuse takes place everywhere. If it's as pervasive in Hollywood as he says it is, as in "the Biggest Problem", then he needs to step up beyond this vague crap he's come up with so far.

Coward or not. Good intentions or bad intentions..... At least he said SOMETHING....More than most others can say in Hollywood, now isn't it?

Yeah, he's the top of the scumline. Or, he's full of canal water. My opinion is, again, he's either full of it, or a coward. Pick one.

edit on 8/12/2011 by yeahright because: Mod tags

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

From what I've read elsewhere, that is completely incorrect. I have heard that whistleblowers are tolerated UNTIL they provide evidence. Once they provide evidence (and names) they are taken out.

I'm sorry you have nothing positive to say about someone who has had the courage to speak out about something so horrendous. But like the OP said, some people would rather point the finger at the victim than accept the painful reality.

Nothing positive at all. Without evidence, you're not a whistleblower. You're just blowing hot air. What courage? He's said nothing. If you have info about something like that and keep it to yourself, you're no better than the criminal. That's aiding and abetting. I'd drag his ass to jail right now if I had the authority, and keep him there until he either gave up what he knows, or admits he's doing it for the attention.

"Oh, I know pedophiles who are sexually abusing children, but I'm not telling."

No, not on my watch. He's opened that can, now he can either admit it's for attention, or give up what he knows. Or he's the biggest coward west of the Rockies.

If you weren't a Super Moderator, I'd believe you to be a troll. Your post to star ratio also implies this.
I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you seem too angry at the moment and seem to be taking Feldman's comments personally. Cool down and breathe. It's O.K.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Unvoluntary castration should be the response to pedo`s world wide. Just cut it of with a rusty sharpened spoon and put the video on youtube. Shouldn`t kill them, no no no that would be to easy, they should suffer day in and day out. They should feel pain every time they move, every time they breath.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
If you want to see why Corey Feldmen refuses to divulge the name of the mogul who abused Haim then read this blog posting:

Gone in a Minute – Corey Haim and Child Sexual Abuse

According to this, Feldmen played a much bigger role in Haim's sexual abuse. Both were about 14-15 when it happened, Feldmen introduced Haim to the man (who was in his 40's) who would sexually abuse both of them, and give them the drugs to cope with it. Feldman came out later and said the abuser was an assistant, so not sure where this mogul claim fits in now. He also said it was not Michael Jackson. This was all like 2 years ago, I think were still waiting for them to name the person. Supposedly Haim's girlfriend was going to take legal action.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
If you weren't a Super Moderator, I'd believe you to be a troll. Your post to star ratio also implies this.
I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you seem too angry at the moment and seem to be taking Feldman's comments personally. Cool down and breathe. It's O.K.

Whether you like it or not, I'm a member and just as entitled to express my opinion as anyone else. What I'm taking personally is the notion that someone can claim to have knowledge of pedophiles, but refuse to do what any decent person would do and act to bring those subhumans to justice, and some people find that to be somehow laudable.

I find it disgusting and cowardly in the extreme, and people who shield pedophiles are every bit at minimum as reprehensible as the pedophiles themselves.

Star that.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thanks for posting this information. Feldman may very well feel guilt because of this.
I'll be sure to check out your link and thanks for keeping your emotions about this topic civil and respectable.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes, you're most certainly entitled to your opinion. I just don't understand why you have to be so arrogant, combative, and aggressive when stating your opinions. I'm worried that you're going to give yourself a heart attack.

We are mostly adults here and can discuss this without being snide and demeaning. This is all I'm getting at. Your "star that" comment is so childish.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

You brought up the Star issue. If it wasn't important, you shouldn't have mentioned it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Regarding this topic, I was mentioning your star to post ratio as proof for why I would've considered you a troll. This is why I mentioned it; not because I wanted you to act like a bully and taunt me about starring your post.

You have to agree though that this is a sensitive, yet important, topic. If Feldman hadn't brought it up, someone else would've in time. The way people are condemning Feldman is most likely the reason why more people haven't come forward with their own claims. Do you really think that the person he suspects isn't rich and well protected? I believe the suspect most likely is.

Look how Randy Quaid and his wife have been demonized when they fled Hollywood claiming "star whackers" were out to get them:
abcnews.go.com...

There are so many dark secrets in Hollywood and people need to stop condemning the ones who are talking.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by i8miceb4
He's nothing more than a attention whore. He hasn't done anything worthwhile since The Lost Boys. His music is horrible. Of course he is upset about a pedophile 'cuz he has his own issues of abuse to deal with. Just come clean and admit Michael Jackson abused you!!

Micheal Jackson was a victim of these pedophiles as well... no big surprise there. Why are you being so callous about this? If he was an attention whore he would have brought it up a long time ago.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Your lack of ampathy on this topic concerns me. It really does. You're spending all of your time shooting the messenger while paying no attention to the messgae. Maybe we need to ask the OP something so we know exactly where this thread was intended to go.

Is this a thread about pedophiles in Hollywood, or is it a thread about how some washed up D-list actor who spilled the beans about something without actually opening the lid? As if all he was doing was showing that the beans are still there.

Personally, I don't care who he is or what his intentions were, and if you had any heart about you at all, neither would you. If you cared about children at all you wouldd realize that what was said is much more important than who said it or why.

For the sake of argument, let's assume that he said what he did for all the wrong reasons and that he's a coward who deserves to be taken out and shot
Which is worse to you? That fact or the fact that there are children in Hollywood being molested as we type about it?

Don't bother answering that question, you already did with your previous posts.

BTW, while I like the idea that moderaters have a disclaimer attached to their posts while they are actually participating in a discussion, I think in this case though you should have refrained from saying anything at all. This is obviously a very touchy subject for you and, while you are adding value to the discussion, that value is being overshadowed by your hatred towards someone because he didn't do something in the way you would have.

Without trying to sound too much like a boss here, your positon on this board does afford you with a level of professionalism. Right now though that level is slowly being downgraged by your personally heated attacks that are not showing anyone that you are being open to other points of view.

You stated yours and we all know where you stand. If you can't actually discuss the topic with an open mind from there, my advice is to back off.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join