It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corey Feldman: "Pedophilia is Hollywood's Biggest Problem"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Originally posted by i8miceb4
reply to post by Afterthought

In fact a few years back, he was in some stupid reality show with Haim. He doesn't give a crap that Hollywood chews people up and spits them out. He craves the limelight...
I've already mentioned this reality show and have referenced it in my posts. You may want to slow down with your comments and read what's been discussed already.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

This is my last post on this thread because truthfully, I don't give a crap about Feldman and I have better things to do with my time than to argue with you.
Did you stop to think for a moment that maybe I was writing my reply when you were posting yours?
But back to the subject....as someone who has personally been a victim of sexual abuse, it offends me that Feldman claims to know someone who is abusing children and doesn't give a name. In my book that makes him as GUILTY as the offender. By not giving a name he is CONDONING the actions of a pedo. Hence, my opinion that he is just seeking publicity.....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Do you really think that the person he suspects isn't rich and well protected? I believe the suspect most likely is.

So what? We're talking about pedophilia here, where the victims are the most vulnerable imaginable. If you can't come forward about it because someone's rich and powerful and connected, then you're a coward, plain and simple. He either knows something and refuses to tell, which makes him a coward, or knows next to nothing of significance and is doing it for the attention.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
You stated yours and we all know where you stand. If you can't actually discuss the topic with an open mind from there, my advice is to back off.

Thanks, I'll give that all the attention it deserves.

My mind's as open as anyone's. My opinion is no less significant. Anyone thinks I've overstepped the bounds of the Terms and Conditions is free, no encouraged, to submit an Alert.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Feldman went on to assert that pedophilia contributed to the early death of his friend Corey Haim, pointing the finger at one person in Hollywood, but stopping short of naming him. "There's one person to blame in the death of Corey Haim. And that person happens to be a Hollywood mogul. And that person needs to be exposed, but, unfortunately, I can't be the one to do it," he said.

These are the words of a coward, if you know someone who is guilty of this kind of crime(s) and are unwilling or "can't" be the one to expose that, then you are complicit in that criminal activity, and there is nothing in my opinion worse than sexual exploitation and abuse of a child.

Shame on you Mr. Feldman, you are a coward.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Let Me Make This Perfectly Clear

Moderators Are People Too. (and they have opinions)

Play The Ball, Not The Player

The title of this conversation is "NOT" anyone's standing or position on ATS

Any further such comments will be removed and the poster warned

Thank you

Semper

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Without proof it's called slander....go ahead slander a hollywood moguel then get back to me and let me know how that works out for you.

I believe if he had proof then Game ON! Scream it from the Tree Tops!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Just a hunch here, and I haven't read the thread, this seems like someone who is tortured with guilt, and felt compelled to say something because of the suicide of a friend... But can't or wont expose the person(s) directly involved in the abuse because that would expose himself as either complicit in the crimes, or a willing participant.

It's the only angle that makes sense here, in my opinion... Often victims of child sex abuse grow up to be themselves a sexual offender.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

If you weren't a Super Moderator, I'd believe you to be a troll. Your post to star ratio also implies this.
I'm sorry if this upsets you, but you seem too angry at the moment and seem to be taking Feldman's comments personally. Cool down and breathe. It's O.K.

I know that yeahright is more than capable of speaking on this point quoted above, but allow me to address that issue as a moderator. Despite being a Super, I or other staff members, could action any post made by yeahright or any other staff member. Just this morning, I had a thread of mine moved for being in the wrong forum. Granted I forgot to move it myself but that proves the point. Even Springer one of the owners has had a thread moved then later trashed after discussion among the staff.

Now, with all that said, my opinion:

Feldman is right in that sex still plays a huge role in Hollywood. Shirley Temple saw the old "casting couch" rolled out for her mother when she was "too young" and for herself in her teens when she was no longer a child actor.

Pedophilia has destroyed more lives than will ever be known. and Hain did indeed become too deep in the drugs. While I do not want to start a witch hunt, the timeframe to best start looking would be around the shooting of the film "License To Drive".

All that said, I both agree and disagree with yeahright. Feldman does do things to get attention. The limelight is intoxicating enough on its own and once you are no longer a child star or teen heart throb, getting back in is beyond difficult. Rick Schroder being a recent exception. Brittany Spears, Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake all had to turn to singing careers after their time on The Micky Mouse Club.

I, myself, was too old and did not have the "triple threat" of singing and dancing up to par (especially the singing) to have joined them besides being "too old". Yes, I auditioned. Which was fine by me as I wanted to be in film more than television anyway, but stepping stones and all. But even back at 17, when I was coming into my own, i was pulled aside and explained some things by a Broadway director that came to Cincinnati to look me over.

Feldman is correct in sex and under aged sex being a huge problem. It may in fact be a root cause to many other of Hollywood's other problems of drug/alcohol abuse as well as short marriages and physical/mental abuse of star's children.

Honestly, the part I miss most never having "made it" and finally giving up is the fact that I did not accomplish a goal that I had set and gave up. My only consolation to my ego about that is "maybe one day I will do a bit part in a film just to say I have done it", but I know full well that I have no real intention to pursue that objective.

All in all, Feldman may indeed be doing this to garner a little limelight from the press in order to show that he still has a face for film despite his age. Personally he would have been better off calling Christian Slater's mother who is still a casting director, but then again she hasn't had much work for her own son lately.

But by the same token, Feldman may feel he is done with acting and this is just taking a parting shot. In the end, it won't matter as sex in Hollywood has been going on since Shirley Temple was singing On The Good Ship Lollypop, this revelation, even if he named names as big as Spielberg or Lucas, would change nothing.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Ahabstar because: forgot a tag

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
If he really wanted the limelight, why wouldn't he simply enroll his son in the entertainment industry? There have been enough stars, former stars, and non-stars who have tried to live in the starshine of their children. Feldman has obviously made it clear that his son will not be allowed until he is capable of fending for himself and making responsible career choices.

Feldman stating that he wants to keep his son as far away from the entertainment industry is where the rubber meets the road, in my opinion.

Maybe Feldman feels guilty for having a role in the abuse and not coming out sooner. We can't know for sure until he says more. All we know is that he has a son and family he obviously loves very much and wants to protect. There's a steep price to pay for speaking out and I wouldn't blame him for protecting the most important parts of his life. He probably is racked with guilt daily because of Haim's death. We can only speculate on his reasoning for not naming names, but ridiculing him isn't going to force him to say more.

Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg and we'll see more current and former stars coming forward. Someone has to get the ball rolling even if it's not to everyone's liking regarding how it's being done.

Put yourself in his shoes. Being a victim of sexual abuse is hard enough to discuss. How many kids come forward in the adult years? We need to open up and stop attacking the messengers. We need to be patient and encouraging in the hopes that more information will be brought to the forefront. As much as I'd like to know the pedo's name, I still have to respect Feldman's decisions because I'm not in his shoes nor would I ever want to be. I'm very thankful that I'm not.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
He may have provided details to relevant authorities about this - do you have any evidence to support that he hasn't? Why should be go public with any evidence he has? Where's the sense in that if he does intend to pursue some kind of legal action?

If you don't have that evidence, then you're doing exactly what you're accusing him of. You're just blowing hot aire. Are you doing it for the attention?

"Oh, I know pedophiles who are sexually abusing children, but I'm not telling."

No, not on my watch. He's opened that can, now he can either admit it's for attention, or give up what he knows. Or he's the biggest coward west of the Rockies.

The degree of bitterness and vindictiveness in your replies suggest there is something else going on here for you. Whatever that is, may peace be with you.
edit on 12-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The long and short of it all is this: If you haven't been in Corey Felman's shoes, and I doubt very seriously if anyone in this thread has been a child star who was potentially sexually abused, you don't have the right to judge him. Especially when it comes something like this.

Stating opinions are one thing, we all have them, but to judge someones actions when you know nothing about them is quite different. And then calling the man a coward because of the way he handled all this, again, is a judgement call I don't think anyone here is qualifies to make. And people wantto talk about slander? People don't don't know what he's been through in his life, yet they still want to armchair quarterback it.

If there is one such instance where the golden rule applies, it's this one.

My opinion is that he did the right thing. Sometimes it takes a brass pair just to say what he did.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Just a hunch here, and I haven't read the thread, this seems like someone who is tortured with guilt, and felt compelled to say something because of the suicide of a friend... But can't or wont expose the person(s) directly involved in the abuse because that would expose himself as either complicit in the crimes, or a willing participant.

It's the only angle that makes sense here, in my opinion... Often victims of child sex abuse grow up to be themselves a sexual offender.

This is dangerous and slanderous speculation. There are numerous other possibiilities, for example he may be intending to pursue legal action, he may be protecting his family. The Hollywood moguls are in the same boys club as the other corporate and banking moguls and assassinating a threat is as inconsequential to them as sneezing.

Basically you don't know his reasons at all.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The long and short of it all is this: If you haven't been in Corey Felman's shoes, and I doubt very seriously if anyone in this thread has been a child star who was potentially sexually abused, you don't have the right to judge him. Especially when it comes something like this.

Stating opinions are one thing, we all have them, but to judge someones actions when you know nothing about them is quite different. And then calling the man a coward because of the way he handled all this, again, is a judgement call I don't think anyone here is qualifies to make. And people wantto talk about slander? People don't don't know what he's been through in his life, yet they still want to armchair quarterback it.

If there is one such instance where the golden rule applies, it's this one.

My opinion is that he did the right thing. Sometimes it takes a brass pair just to say what he did.

Applause.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

You're exactly right! Who in their right mind tries to get the limelight by saying that sexual abuse is rampant in Hollywood?

"Hey, I just implicated a bunch of you on ABC on a Friday night! But, since I didn't leak any names, can I be in your next film?"

The only person who would think to go this route would have an IQ under 50. I don't think Feldman falls into this category.

And you're also right about the fact that he may have gone to the authorities already with names, but isn't telling the media this. I hope this is the case.

I'll be watching the interview tonight. I hope everyone will be too even if they think unkindly of him.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wrong, in some cases it is very easy to judge, and in this case Mr. Feldman has made it extremely easy by admitting that he knows crimes against children were committed and can't or wont do anything about it, other than to say that it happened and is happening.

If you fail to judge that alone for what it is, then you have issues.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You're exactly right! Who in their right mind tries to get the limelight by saying that sexual abuse is rampant in Hollywood?

"Hey, I just implicated a bunch of you on ABC on a Friday night! But, since I didn't leak any names, can I be in your next film?"

The only person who would think to go this route would have an IQ under 50. I don't think Feldman falls into this category.

And you're also right about the fact that he may have gone to the authorities already with names, but isn't telling the media this. I hope this is the case.

I'll be watching the interview tonight. I hope everyone will be too even if they think unkindly of him.

Lol, exactly. As a result of what he said his carreer is dead in the water and will now be a pariah in certain Hollywood circles....and he was doing it for the limelight? Yeah right! Lol! Lack of logic much?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Wrong, in some cases it is very easy to judge, and in this case Mr. Feldman has made it extremely easy by admitting that he knows crimes against children were committed and can't or wont do anything about it, other than to say that it happened and is happening.

If you fail to judge that alone for what it is, then you have issues

You know nothing of the facts. It's sheer speculation on your part. What's worrying is that you believe your imaginings to be fact.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Also, I'd like to add that aside from the fact that he may be working with the authorities as you suggested, how do we know that he's not talking privately to other victims? Maybe he has to go on camera to discuss the topic to gain their ultimate trust. This would be so cool if this is what was getting ready to unfold! It'd be better than any Hollywood movie!

I can see it now: About 50 to 100 sexual abuse victims meeting in private with about 10 entertainment attorneys discussing how it's going to break.

Cue Corey Feldman to make the perps shake in their boots.
Curtain call is when the cops show up to arrest the perps
Scene one is the interrogations of the perps
Scene two is the court hearing where all the victims testify
Scene three is the jury's verdict
Scene four is the sentencing phase
Scene five is where the perps leak more names to get a lighter sentence.

It certainly would blow the Casey Anthony trial out of the water!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

You know nothing of the facts.

None of us do, and that is the problem here isn't it?

Mr. Feldman has made some serious criminal allegations, and will apparently do nothing more about it, so on his words alone, it is easy to conclude both that he is complicit and a coward.

In my opinion, of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join