It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Fox News remove and hide their debate polls because Ron Paul was leading them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Whenever any channel talks polls I just shut them off. Polls don't mean anything because even if they didn't 'edit' the polls to push their own agendas, they would still find some way to play the blame game without really analyzing it or trying to comprehend, what the people want.

It has nothing to do with the Polls. It has EVERYthing to do with data manipulation. That's the issue here.
If you ask for an opinion, and then void said opinion based on the wrong answer you were looking for,that's deceitful and total BS.

I too don't take polls seriously.

But if your intentionally omitting information to slant the facts,and your on one the major misinformation channels,it only reconfirms what we've long suspected.
MSM lies to distort facts for their own adgenda.

There should be an indepedent 3rd party required by all polling groups to confirm data,but I'm sure that group would be bought off too.

HHHmmmmm What channel will break this news since their all in on it?

Oh..that crazy nut Alex Jones who said from day 1 he garuntees Perry would run.

So, I have ATS and Jones as my news sources now.
Great, I'm now thrown in with these motley crues.

I guess I owe a thanks for helping me find some truth in this madness.

Nice reporting...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Is it just me? Look at these results?

www.foxnews.com...

The way the font is so far off, it looks like Newt has Ron Paul's numbers.
Is that just me seeing that or a weirdness in my browser display?

I saw the same thing. If you do not look closely, you could easily think Newt
has the highest numbers.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
You know where my vote is (see signiture)

I thought it was funny that at the bottom of the poll it says " This is not a SCIENTIFIC poll"
What the hell does that mean?

How could an internet poll be scientific?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This morning on my local Fox News station they reported that Mitt Romney was leading according to most internet polls, so I posted link after link to online polls(including two Fox News polls), all showing Ron Paul winning by a land slide, to their Facebook page. Eventually the anchors had to comment on it, and even started talking about it on the air. We can get Ron Paul the media play he deserves, but it's going to take the a lot of effort from the people to force it upon their local news station. Don't sit back and let the MSM continue propagating more lies. Be adamant about your local station reporting the TRUTH.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Plugged

Where I come from this is called a landslide. If others are reporting him losing just looking at this one poll alone, you know there is massive manipulation at play and they should be called out on it.

Ron Paul 56.91% (8,095 votes)
Newt Gingrich 13.25% (1,885 votes)
Mitt Romney 10.28% (1,462 votes)
Michele Bachmann 7.02% (998 votes)
Herman Cain 6.68% (950 votes)
Rick Santorum 2.5% (356 votes)
Tim Pawlenty 1.89% (269 votes)
Jon Huntsman 1.48% (210 votes)

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

Yeah, That was the first one I posted to their page. There's really no arguing with it either. This is their OWN official poll, and they won't even mention its results because they don't like the answer. It's disgusting.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
edit on 12-8-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by e11888

I'm not surprised. Before I had posted on my station facebook wall, their Washington correspondent was talking about Mitt Romney showing a clear lead on online polls. After I referred them to their own polls he came back on later saying it's "difficult to determine the winner" of such debates. Back pedaling much?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I just watched the debates and all I am reading about online is the battle between Pawlenty and Bachmann. What about Gingrich's disdain for the media and the battle between all of them and Paul on the war-to-be in Iran? That was far more interesting but it seems like the lie travelling half way around the world is going to win in all of these debates.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The press likes to assume that the online votes for Paul are a fabrication and so ignore them but it seemed to me that the audience was largely in favor of Paul as well and the congressman in Iowa was as well and so am I - a former 20 year Republican.

They need to wake up because the people are fed up with war - Republicans and Democrats alike and Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate out of 9 (including Obama) that has any credibility. The others are "guaranteeing" that they will add a 6th war.

The only problem Paul has is that 530 other congressmen also want to play general and dictate to the rest of the world what they can and cannot do.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

If people can't see that the system has been long since "hijacked" then there is no helping them. You can scream in their ears, you can give them proof but for the majority they just nod at whatever is fed to them from mainstream channels. There are so many people right now suffering from the following things and many do not even know it or why...

Post Traumatic stress disorder (9/11 etc)
Depression (situational)
Complexes (due to fear mongering)
Programming (As in seen on TV)

It's going to take people starving to snap them out of the trance these magicians have put people in. They are running around drunk with power and look, they don't even take the time to cover their tracks well anymore... They just don't care, from Wallstreet to your street you will find nothing but manipulation!

(((I am extremely pissed and not about Ron Paul in particular, I am pissed on principles!)))

edit on 12-8-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Yeah, Faux News is totally lying. They don't even have the results up on one of the links, and the other has a vid with some pollster spouting blatant lies. "Uh, yeah, I think Mitt and Newt were the winners here." They don't even mention Ron's name at all in that video clip.

Lying by omission, is still lying.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
LOLOL DID YOU SEE WHAT FOX NEWS JUST LINKED ON TV?!

They linked a made up poll showing Newt in the lead! Meanwhile the REAL poll on their website obviously has Paul on top!

This makes me sick. They just cant have FAIR results.

www.foxnews.com...

THIS IS THE POLL ON FOX NEWS WEBSITE

The TV news just swapped Ron Pauls name with Newt's and posted it live on TV! LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!
edit on 12-8-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

Look, I don't like Fox News, and I can't really believe I'm about to defend them....but....I am.

They did not just show a fake poll, I'm watching it right now. They showed a poll that was SPECIFIC to that show that was currently on (America's Newsroom). Go to their show page and look at their poll and it is the exact poll they showed on air.

www.foxnews.com...

The different shows do this all the time, at the beginning of their show, they have a poll and tell viewers to go to THEIR PAGE to vote on it.

Yes, it is confusing since Fox News has a similar poll on their main page...but no, they are not outrigh lying. They do a good job of confusing people who aren't really paying attention...that is their MO...and it clearly works for them.

Just go check out the poll on America's Newsroom show page...and then you can breath again.

EDIT: I just watched the segment again, and he even gives out the web address where the poll is at. So no dishonest, just that you weren't really paying full attention.
edit on 12-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2011 by OutKast Searcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Oh my god, I'm watching all the news channels now and this is insane. Absolutely no mention of Ron Paul.

Oh wait there it is... a single sarcastically portrayed sentence. Oh wait... he is coming on FOX live?
edit on 12-8-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Ah then I retract my statement.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

About twelve years ago I shut down my tv service and stuck the Direct TV box in the closet. Not only do I feel better, but I have dropped two pant sizes, started my own website, and am better informed for doing so.

Oh, and I am off Prilosec, but that has more to do with not allowing High Fructose Genetically Modified Corn Syrup into my home, than turning away from the lie tube.

You can get more honesty from a strip club DJ promoting fat dancers than you can from the dumb-down tube.
edit on 12-8-2011 by Ittabena because: spelling

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I would like to applaud Fox News this morning for not only having Ron Paul on but actually giving him the time to speak. Not only did they let him speak without rushing him but they actually went to break and returned to him and continued to let him speak uninterupted. This really isnt something I expect from this network and I must say I am pleasantly surprised.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by hadriana

I hate to tell you, Ron Paul will never win. He may be sided against Obama, but not to win. He is a make up of many agencies.

CJ

Can you elaborate on why you think so? It's not outta the realm of possibility, but he would of had to have been a sleeper for a loooong time and he seems pretty consistent in his views and voting records over the years.

I can't see it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Fox News lie and jade facts to further their agenda? No way man, they are the "fair and balanced" network.
But seriously they will always refuse to acknowledge Dr. Paul because:\

1) He's too old to win
2) He doesn't stick to the GOP line like the others.
3) He has a couple odd ideas that make him unelectable.

The GOP wants control of the government again so they can continue the work Bush and Company started. They will not nominate Ron Paul so they will do everything to keep him out of the limelight. There isn't anything anyone can do because to get enough votes to win he has to have the party behind him and they don't want him regardless of what republican people wish. How many times did Bush tell you that he wasn't concerned what the public thinks and that the Presidency wasn't a popularity poll?

As far as the question posed by the op, of course they did and you caught them. Kudos to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I watch Fox news here and there and i was so mad to see shaun hannety not even talk about RP. I hope Ron Paul blows the straw poll out of the water and forces these guys to start giving him air time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join