It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The results are exactly as I expected. For the record, I voted exactly opposite to what the popular vote turned out...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
As a christian i am very disappointed with SkepticOverlord and ATS for not adding the option for voting Aliens to be Demons. This theory is actually becoming very popular on ATS and other sites and alot of ufologists and Christians now accept this. It just go's to show how anti-religious ATS is.
edit on 11-8-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for your analysis...Peace !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
You know whats interesting?

I wonder how much of the Terrestrial Black-ops Program crafts are based on crashed/captured Alien crafts/technology?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
As a christian i am very disappointed with SkepticOverlord and ATS for not adding the option for voting Aliens to be Demons.

I'm just curious...
Why demons? Why not Angels of the Lord?

This theory is actually becoming very popular on ATS and other sites and alot of ufologists and Christians now accept this. It just go's to show how anti-religious ATS is.[

The above posted question still stands. Why such a negative spin on these visitations [If in fact they are visitations] I can take a guess but I'll let you and others who are like minded respond first.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hrm. If the Bible is literally correct in every single aspect, and an "alien" just happens to be a powerful spirit, but they start talking aobut themselves being an alien, from a culture millions of years old, the the "alien" is a liar. all that the word Angel means is messenger. If the creature is spreading lies, it's not God's messenger. Thereby, that would mean that the being is more closely related to a demon.

There's a lot of "if" in that, but at least there's a reason why most Christians would find alien and demon synonymous.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker46
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Wondering what changed your mind? Have you ever had a personal UFO encounter? If not, then you are perfectly normal and in the majority. When you do have an encounter, all your belief systems are challenged and your life will be forever changed.

I appreciate your comments. I have come to the conclusion that the technology is human and that the 'encounters' are staged. It's easier for me to believe that we are skilfully being manipulated than that we are being visited.

That being said, I would tend to think that if I am wrong...we would still find that the phenomenon is inter-dimensional in nature rather than extraterrestrial. But my first inclination is to look to the military.

...and no, I have not had anything resembling a UFO encounter, just to answer your question.
edit on 11-8-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

You just wasted a few hundred thousand ones & zeros with that post. :

Anyway, interesting results - still fascinated that people think in this infinite universe we are the sole intelligent lifeforms. anyways... thanks ATS

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm not ready to say where these UFO's are coming from even though some of them cannot all possibly from secret government technology.I guess I'm not ready to accept who and where they come from that it would be piloting them.Could be Angelic or Demonic.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I liked the survey. People need to keep in mind the amount of people who took the survey.

Edit: Are these surveys available too the guests?
edit on 11-8-2011 by SelfSustainedLoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
As a christian i am very disappointed with SkepticOverlord and ATS for not adding the option for voting Aliens to be Demons.

I'm just curious...
Why demons? Why not Angels of the Lord?

This theory is actually becoming very popular on ATS and other sites and alot of ufologists and Christians now accept this. It just go's to show how anti-religious ATS is.[

The above posted question still stands. Why such a negative spin on these visitations [If in fact they are visitations] I can take a guess but I'll let you and others who are like minded respond first.

Angels of the lord wouldn't abduct someone against there will and torment them in horrible ways.

Most alien abductions are negative... Myself and others who hold this belief are just going off what eye witness reports say, so its not like there is no substance to this theory. A number of "alien" abductee's are actually coming forward with this now because as they report when the aliens come into their bedrooms they pray the lords prayer and ask for protection from Jesus and these "aliens" get scared jump out the window and never come back.

Even the bible says Satan can appear as "an angel of light". What do you think these orbs of light in the sky are?

I certainly know they are fallen angels without a shadow of a doubt. Life on other planets is also contradictory to my world view, i am just disappointed ATS didn't include this theory in the poll as it is becoming more known.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

What do you think angels and demons mean?

And how is ATS anti-religious? There are tons of pro-christian and pro-religion threads in here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

What do you think angels and demons mean?

And how is ATS anti-religious? There are tons of pro-christian and pro-religion threads in here.

Angels are created beings by Yahweh (The God of Abraham the one true God). Demons are simply fallen angels that rebelled against God and decided to follow Satan (one of the most beautiful angels, "the angel of light".

Now we have Demons flying about the sky as orbs of light and they are going into peoples houses disguised as aliens playing on peoples fear by shape shifting into aliens as people picture them in the movies.

Why do you think you find orbs of light around graveyards and the like? Because demons like to dwell in places of death and suffering and these same orbs are the ones people are reporting as UFO's in the sky.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Ok so they are "aliens".

And why accuse ATS of being "anti-religious" which clearly it isn't? I can cite many examples.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Ok so they are "aliens".

And why accuse ATS of being "anti-religious" which clearly it isn't? I can cite many examples.

Did you not read what i wrote? I said these "aliens" are nothing more than demons disguised as aliens that you would picture in your head from the movies and such like. There are no advanced species coming to visit us from other planets. And i don't care about religions i am not apart of one, i follow Christ and him alone. But i think its a real shame this theory was left out of the Poll because there are over 600 alien abductees and counting who can attest to this being the case.

You are obviously very into the UFO stuff and brought into the hype, and i can bet you voted in favor for them being real. But let me tell you, if you want to know the truth about this phenomenon you will research what i said on youtube and you may just be surprised.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
WOW..I somehow feel a more interesting poll could have been delivered.. this was as predictable as they come..lacking substance in my opinion..what did we learn about the ats community that we didnt already know>?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crumpet97

Those graphs are very much what I expected
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Same here, Innerpeace. But were you not surprised by the neutrality of the results regarding the "Phoenix Lights" question? I know I was!

Same here, nearly, VERY nearly, 3 way split; what's surprising is, there was even a link to confirm they weren't terrestrial

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

Which one, the first one or the second one?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
UFOs & Aliens are demonic! Wake up, people!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I would say the "demons" theory is properly excluded from this survey as it only includes those who are religious. You can't properly conduct a survey with a qualification requirement, which is why (as an example) the last question has an "I don't believe in UFO's" answer. Therefore, the "disbelieve" in such a question would be skewed as it includes those who believe in demons but don't think they're involved and those who simply don't believe in demons.

I know this is my first post on this site (I'm extremely skeptical when it comes to most of what's posted here, but I have an interest in UFO's), but I'm very surprised by some of these results. Roswell seems to have the least evidence and the most counter-evidence of the 4 listed events, yet this shows it has the most believers. Is it just the publicity it has generated? Also, for the last question, I objectively see the refusal of skeptical inquiry as the biggest problem with Ufology's credibility. Within the scientific community, skepticism is of UTMOST importance, and while many other factors remove Ufology's credibility, this is the problem many have with believers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join