It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The results are in from nearly 20,000 respondents, and while most of the responses aren't too far off from what we all might have expected, there are a few surprises buried in the distribution of opinions. This first survey was a basic "temperature check" on the broad-stroke issue of UFO sightings and off-earth intelligence, along with a handful of the more popular sightings. There will be at least one (and possibly more) follow-up surveys that will dig deeper into the more paranormal and psychological aspects of this topic, as well as encounters and abductions which is all way too deep and complicated for one survey. Stay tuned.

For now, here are the results:

edit on 11-8-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Shouldn't those labels on the graphs say "Strongly Agree" or is "Depression" the new "agree"?

Gotta fix your graphics.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
very interesting results!

there are some typographical errors in the pictures though. the last one was the question of what hurts ufology the most. and the first few strongly agree should replace "depression".

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The depression is leaking over into the survey results!

AHHHHH.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks alot for that very much anticipated results.
Those graphs are very much what I expected.

Peace...

edit on 11-8-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Images corrected.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Really kind of eye-popping results. I wouldn't have predicted them. How many in the sample?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
You mentioned 20 000 respondents in the other thread. That's awesome! These figures show, beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is certainly something going on that is waiting to be uncovered.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If this was Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and these were my life line audience poll results, I'd definitely go with the audience for my final answers. The audience on that show was correct over 90% of the time, why should this be any different.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

The breakdown of respondents is in the small text at the bottom of each image.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Wow

I'm surprised and shocked so many felt and think the same way as I do.

You're all a bunch of sick puppies

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
81.6% X 20,000 = 16,320 People that believe in ET.

I didn't really see any suprises, other than I thought Rendlesham would have had more believers.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
You mentioned 20 000 respondents in the other thread. That's awesome! These figures show, beyond the shadow of a doubt that there is certainly something going on that is waiting to be uncovered.

Either that or it shows that the majority, believe that something is going on( Including me
)
edit on 11-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Those graphs are very much what I expected
reply to post by InnerPeace2012

Same here, Innerpeace. But were you not surprised by the neutrality of the results regarding the "Phoenix Lights" question? I know I was!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Interesting that 55% think that earth is being visited yet 63% think the governments are aware of ET tech .

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haven't you watched the movie Contact? The tech info can be transmitted

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I thought Rendlesham would have had more believers.

42.0% thought it was Extraterrestrial and only 4.7% thought it was terrestrial. That's one of the highest percentages in favor of extraterrestrial. That's much more than I would've originally thought to be honest.

Anyway, It's nice to see the results of this poll. There's some Interesting results.

edit on 11-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Jeepers Xmus, I'm blown back by these results. I'm disappointed. I always got the impression that most people on ATS were more skeptical than this. Everything is ET aliens. Granted, I don't like debunkee troll-like skeptics myself (thats for sure) and I have seen ufos and strange experiences in the service. I think some ufo activity on this earth at some point, might be of intelligent (extraterrestrial possibly) origin, but not to the degree that the results show. Maybe not even anywhere near, by any stretch.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Excellent...I was hoping it would look like this and happy to see it does
Missed the depression stuff??!! just as well really

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think that last chart result was telling, and supports the overall, but may see a chance for those who voted to side on the "I believe, but think people that create hoaxed videos are most harmful.." side, that those who do not actually believe would see better pay-back from going with that rather than "I do not believe", rationalizing that in a private vote that this would be a better answer for their interests.

Truly believe the hoaxes are destructive and give power to the disbelievers, but I think the preponderance of such despicable acts says something about the deeper more anthropological footprint of the reality, and our culture of fear and hiding from the realities we need parse.

Clear results here, but I would love some sharp journalist with a large publication (and a tolerant editor) put that to a wider sample of the population. Because, I don't know about everyone else here, but I found ATS to be one of the most intelligently managed places to discuss, report and read about the UFO/Alien subject. I would assume a healthy bias in any case.

But, thank you big-time for giving voice to the ATS collective.

ZG

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join