It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: UFOs and Extraterrestrials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As a UFO investigator for more than 35 years, I am pleased to see you initiating this poll, and the results are as expected.
Also am pleased to know that you plan to expand the polling to include personal encounters, abductions etc.. I'll have to say that you beat me to the draw, as this type of polling was going to be my first entry, when I become eligible to do so on ATS. I have some suggestions for additional polls, which you may have already thought of; !) Poll for those who believe they (or someone they know), have seen "something", with categories such as orbs, disks, triangle shaped or other craft. I believe more folks will come forward through the anonymous process of polling. Many people who have had UFO experiences, are still very reluctant to report those experiences, for fear of ridicule. None of the several hundred people I have interviewed were seeking publicity, and many were very reluctant to disclose their experiences even to me unless I promised to keep their names private. That was particularly true when I first started. Since the early 70's, things have changed as more and more sightings have become public.and then the internet You could also use the MUFON or National UFO Reporting Agency web sights to develop polling categories such as close encounters of the 1st' ,2nd and 3rd kind etc.
As your poll indicates, the criticism of skeptics and hoaxers is a contributing factor that impedes the search for the truth, so I would design a poll to exclude the input of skeptics. Not that it is wrong to be a skeptic, just that for this particular poll, it would be to encourage the reporting of sightings, not beliefs. Many of those that had their 1st' encounter really didn't have a "belief". That usually came later as they began to research just what "I saw" really was. I guess its like the old saying "Who are you going to believe, Me or your lying eyes." Concerning Hoaxers; they always want the publicity, and anyone who reported that they positively saw a UFO, raised a red flag for investigators, leading to greater scrutiny. I might add that I never personally encountered a hoaxer.
Anyway, S&F's to you and I look forward you future polls.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Well, it's good to know at least 80% of this website is comprised of brainless monkeys.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
3 % of 20000 dont belive in ETs

wow i really would have thought about 50/50

Maths seems to insinuate that ET life, will (statistically speaking) exist.

This doesn't mean that an ET race is in a civilised society/form.

Even if an ET race is in a civilised society/form, it still doesn't mean that they are capable of interstellar travel.

edit on 11/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Wondering what changed your mind? Have you ever had a personal UFO encounter? If not, then you are perfectly normal and in the majority. When you do have an encounter, all your belief systems are challenged and your life will be forever changed.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ateuprto
Well, it's good to know at least 80% of this website is comprised of brainless monkeys.

Must be an Army puke....

Notin' but love my brotha...

Semper Fi.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
3 % of 20000 dont belive in ETs

wow i really would have thought about 50/50
It's probably more like 0% don't believe in ETs, or a small fraction of 1%.

I'm part of the 3% who's never seen any evidence that ETs have visited Earth, but I still believe ETs probably exist out there somewhere. They just have to travel a really, really long way to get here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
pretty much what I expected. The peoples minds are definitely ready for a contact from beings outside of our world. The question is, when will the ET's make their "official" appearence.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think if you've researched UFO cases for a number of years like I have...

-Analyzed the case studies with a skeptical mind

-Weighed the many possibilities skeptics put fourth

-Compared and evaluated similar sightings and abductions

-Keeping an open mind that some sightings could be experimental aircraft

-Reading documents released by governments around the world

-Weighing the importance of multiple witnesses

-Weighing credible witness testimony and what they would have to gain by coming fourth

-Viewing a number of earlier photos before the development of CG

-Skeptics that have turned to believers

-Reading and viewing ancient writings and structures

Any UFO researcher who has done this, more than likely will come away with the same results shown in this survey. The number of unexplained cases, the idea that physicists are now realizing traveling long distances in space can be achieved by warping time and space is a possibility, the similarities in encounters and UFO technology being researched by our government, and the ever increasing pool of credible witnesses are just too many to think that something extraterrestrial isn't visiting our planet.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2011 by smallcheese because: New to site and leaning how to operate

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ummmm...Where is the graph of the "Final" Results"...

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

As for the overview of the 'Expected' out comes, I have to admit "It doesn't matter too me much." I have seen what I have seen and there is nothing that can change that.
As for the 'Hoaxing' parts of the anticipated inquiries, it is the most disturbing for those of us that have had the experience and cannot share the visuals for lack of either equipment or recording device's.
I never took part in the survey for personal reasons, but if the excel demographics that you have presented are true too form, then I am all right by means of my own personal perceptions of what is and what isn't applicable of these circumstances, "It has been a long time coming for 'TRUE' perceptive inquiry and not mundane assumptions."
Thanks Skeptic, once again the 'Amigo's' Have their hat on the right rack!!
With respect and Great thanks,
Allred5923

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sorry about the failed post as this is my first time using this chat format.

Could someone point me in the direction of the instructions on using this script so that I may clean that up and hopefully get a correct post up?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Interesting, although I did not take the survey. (Sorry, don't care about alien existence.)

Not surprising that only 3% of survey participants did not believe in aliens. This type of site tends to attract the type.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Greetings, I am a new member. My name is Mike Fortson. I really enjoyed the survey and the results. However, I am somewhat troubled on the question about the Phoenix Lights.

My wife and I are 8:30 pm witnesses and we are still disappointed when a question appears about the Phoenix Lights case. The question asked was or appears to be of the entire case. One needs to understand that many different events occured that evening not over Phoenix, but the entire state of Arizona.

My belief is the following:

5:30 Crown King, AZ.- 3 massive V shaped craft seen pancaked on top of each other..formed a white ball of light..then vanished as 2 F16's approached from the south...Alien.

8:16-9:45 pm- Massive V shaped craft (many used descriptions as many football fields, many air craft carriers, or at least a mile long) seen throughout the state. Also witnesses describer orbs, both red and white, a 2 mile-wide triangle, and witnesses described the massive V as "floating" 35-45 mph, totally silent, and incredibly low to the surface.....Alien

10:00-10:20- Southwestern Arizona, many miles from Phoenix proper and probably not even in Maricopa county....the intentional diversionary flare drop. Witnessed by less than 20 as it occured...but viewed world-wide because of the 6 videos shot from mountainside homes at different locations. These were not standard operation flare drops...these must have ignited at or near 17,000' altitude in order to be seen in the valley of the sun...USAF
A-10 Warhogs from Davis Monthan AFB, Tucson, dropping Luu2 flares...Terrestial.

ATS as ALL producers I have filmed with group all the events together and call it "Phoenix Lights". I don't. There is so much more to the case. I wrote an article called, "The Non-Investigation of the Phoenix Lights". If interested it is at... theufochronicles.com

Sorry this is such a long post (my first) but it's important that I say...."please don't group all the events together in this case".

Respectfully,

Mike Fortson

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

Statistically speaking, this poll not withstanding, if you consider the size of the Milkyway galaxy, with a billion or so stars, and another billion or so galaxies in the universe, and each star potentially capable of having it's own solar system, and the age of the universe, the age of our solar system and planet, most cosmologist agree that there must be other life out there. Considering that our current civilization is only about 5000 yrs. old, and we have already gone to the
moon,(knowledge increasing exponentially with time) and that there is nothing to rule out the possibility that intelligent life may have arisen perhaps millions of years ago in many different parts of the universe, the technology they could accumulate (exponentially) in a million or so yrs., may allow them to transverse space and time, so it's not impossible for ET to get here. (We) just don't how "yet". The term cosmologist use to compare us with possible ET's, is monkey brained. Just saying, statistically speaking the odds are over-whelming in favor of ET here.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Having done all of these same things for about the same period of time I have come to the opposite conclusion.

I have found the evidence to be not concrete of anything extra terrestrial.

As far as belief goes I used to be a strong hopeful believer but as I aged that became less and less important to me and I decided that there either are ships from other planets or dimensions or whatever or there are not, and I am not invested one way or the other.

I am always interested in the unknown and still enjoy investigation and discussion on the topic but often times no longer discuss it due to so many new UFO spiritual/religious types of various strains.

I guess I am similar to the situation that JohnnyCanuck is in though I do not strongly doubt ETs anymore that I strongly believe.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Toxicsurf

Good call. Toxicsurf...and you are absolutely right! Beginning at 5:30 pm near Crown King and ending around 4 am 3/14 ...app. 12 different events occured that night. Yet, the media will only discuss on film 2. ALL producers claim "we don't want to confuse the viewer"...so they lie to you instead.

Mike Fortson

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oddly enough the highest peaks match the answers I put in, except for ufology damage where I had chosen charlatans. So I might be crazy but one thing this poll shows me with very strong facts:

I AM NOT ALONE !!!

That poll was fun and I am a bit surprised that so many people answered as I did !

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

Were there no other pictures or videos of the Phoenix event?

I have seen very little other than the footage that made it to the TB news

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
To me Roswell and Rendlesham were definitely extraterrestrial. Witnesses are extremely reliable and facts match the story. For Roswell the hidden item that completes the story is that a major gathering of government officials met during a Holiday July 4th weekend to review the debris..after the "debunking" picture took place.

I'm not sold on the Phoenix Lights incident, but I think a lot of the confusion lies within the video of the flares that was circulated 10X more than the video of the V triangle that was seen by the thousands. I'm thinking possible military tests.

Stephensville is a possibility, but most likely military to me.

O'Hare Aiport-wow.. I can't believe nearly 90% considered it extraterrestrial. To me it sounds like a natural phenomena.

Kecksburg-Nearly 100% positive it was a crashed satellite from the Soviets or another country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join