It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Up: The White House just announced that all public events have been cancelled today...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Do you mean public events such as election rallies and things. Or do you mean all public events, i.e music festivals and such.

ALS

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The first sentence of the article says that he's going to Dover AFB

That's where the remains of the 30 seals KIA are being sent.

I have to assume that he is paying respect to the fallen.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

It didn't say that when it came out, the title was changed, also that doesn't explain why the press briefing was canceled.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Maybe they've all gone to the bunkers! Brace for impact my fellow humans!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
if there are riots in America I'd hope that my fellow countrymen have sense enough to NOT destroy their own communities and the communities of fellow, hard working citizens. Do not loot small business. Do not destroy your towns. That's utter stupidity and I hope that any American that engages in such ignorance is shot to death by other Americans...this is not England. We have guns here.

It does not matter, white, black, hispanic, asian, indian we need to protect each other from the common threat of those that run congress and pull this ass clown Obama's puppet strings. We do not need to destroy what we have.

If you wanna loot and burn down walmart, fine, but don't destroy mom and pop's corner store because you're pissed off

voice of reason. if your gonna burn something down cause your pissed off at the establishment burn a walmart or shell station down. or a BP station for the matter too. all types of people no matter what the color, race, creed, outlook on life etc need to come together and yell and scream at the people who pull the strings and say STOP THE #EN BULL#!!!!!!!!!!!!! with that said ill see you on the front lines!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Don't burn ANYTHING down!! For Heaven's sake people! That Wal-Mart you're about to torch? The people in the blue vests are people just like you, trying to make enough to feed their families...same thing with the tellers and new account reps at the banks. When those buildings go up in smoke the employees lose their jobs. We've got enough ordinary folks out of work and on the street!

Sam Walton is not our problem. Mr. President of First National Bank of Happy Valley, Ohio isn't our problem. Our problem is a government that's out of control (which we, the people have ALLOWED to go out of control, by the way). The problem isn't on the corner of 1st and Main streets, the problem is at the top of DuPont Circle in Washington DC and at 1800 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Dump the Fed. (Why on earth do they have so freaking much power???)

Dissolve 90% of the IRS and go to a FLAT TAX...no loopholes, no deductions for power lunches, no tax writeoffs...everybody from Warren Buffet to Sally Jones next door pays their fair share!

Insist that the thousands of people on welfare "give back" to the country in some way, to help build up our crumbling infrastructure.

Force the Federal government to STOP programs that they have no right to institute under the Constitution!! (I.e., Obamacare!).

And then...in 2012...VOTE THE B*ST*RDS OUT!!!

*ahem*

I'll step off the soapbox now.

And to try to keep on topic...I would venture to guess that events are being cancelled because the White House is scrambling to develop a new strategy...because this one ain't workin', folks!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove

need to pay his respects to seal team 6

Or make sure they are dead in person, so there is no chance they can talk to anyone about fake and orchestrated raids they may have been recently involved in.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Simply a photo op to help with his re election. We know the pep talk yesterday didn't help, he's just wanting to appear to be caring, it's all about image with him, not substance.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I've posted on a few threads my suspicion about the whole "Seal Team 6" dis-information. When the US government goes in and takes care of what they perceive as a problem, do they announce "agents from the super special counter terrorist green beret Delta force" just took out ________________ (insert name of bad guy here)? No they don't. They use some arbitrary phrase like "US forces"...they never get specific. So why all of a sudden with the OBL raid do they get so specific, even detailing where the Seal Team was stationed and show the President congratulating military personnel at that base? In my opinion, it was the invitation to revenge or the makings of a set up. And here we are now mourning the same team's death in combat albeit according to our MSN none of the Bin Laden raiders. It just never added up to me nor does it now.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Michelle Obama snuck out to take an unannounced vacation to her brother in Oregon and Obama is hiding under his desk. Perhaps his ego was critically injured yesterday when the world markets basically spit in his face by letting the bottom fall out in direct response to HIS speech. Even that egomaniac cannot possibly find another way to describe that. I'm thinking he has one heck of a time dealing with the reality even he can't ignore anymore.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
if there are riots in America I'd hope that my fellow countrymen have sense enough to NOT destroy their own communities and the communities of fellow, hard working citizens. Do not loot small business. Do not destroy your towns. That's utter stupidity and I hope that any American that engages in such ignorance is shot to death by other Americans...this is not England. We have guns here.

It does not matter, white, black, hispanic, asian, indian we need to protect each other from the common threat of those that run congress and pull this ass clown Obama's puppet strings. We do not need to destroy what we have.

If you wanna loot and burn down walmart, fine, but don't destroy mom and pop's corner store because you're pissed off

I dont believe it would be anyone younger than 24 that would do these kinds of things,.
Most adults hold value in the things mentioned above,.
At least we hope so

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I hear that the President is traveling to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to view the remains of the Americans killed in Afghanistan. I also heard no media coverage will be allowed.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
What's up? I'll tell you what's up? It's all FALLING APART, is what's up? The world is rioting, the earth is taking a beating, the governments are lying and covering up and people are basically NUMB from all the drama. The thing is, we still have 4+ months to go, til year's end.

I have a feeling...that 2012 is certainly a pivotal point, for mankind...one way or another and, it feels like things are building up to that point! I feel like i'm a character in a movie, and not an inhabitant of the earth.

What IF: the more we 'accept' things, that are WRONG, the more things will get worse? What if: our disobedience is bringing forth all the chaos? What if: the disasters on earth are related to the decisions we have made? What if: mother nature doesn't approve of what we are doing?

Also, i've been wondering this for quite some time now, is it possible that television is a portal to another dimension; specifically, Hell? Is it POSSIBLE that T.V. can "transfer" spirits from it, to people? I ask because the B.I.B.L.E. says that Satan is the prince of the airwaves, so i wonder, is it possible to "call up" (if you will) these devils and demons; and use television to do it with? And, is it POSSIBLE that TPTB are inviting these spirits, to possess people, and "act out"; considering that they get their orders from Satan?

To my understanding, "spirits" can't be on earth without a BODY...but they can be TRANSFERED from person to person....because we all have "spirits" in us?. Keep in mind: when Lucifer was thrown to earth, 1/3 of the Angels went with him. How much is 1/3? Who knows? But, what if television was the portal to usher in these 'fallen Angels'?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jansy

You can't get rid of welfare or public housing. Some people take advantage of that sure, but alot of people need it. Sure, the system prolly needs to be rebooted and changed, but you can't just take these programs away.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

If the last solar flares did practically nothing what makes you think that this one will? This whole site is nothing but fear mongers.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I hear that the President is traveling to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware to view the remains of the Americans killed in Afghanistan. I also heard no media coverage will be allowed.

I just wanted to repeat this.....anybody awake?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well it seems like something has taken priority. No reason to cancel EVERYTHING nation wide unless the various gov resources are gonna be needed for somthing else ie: police manpower, media outlets, e.t.c.
and it will also prevent large gatherings of people so that any that do spring up will stand out cleary as they wont be gov organised events.
seems unusual but then again some pretty historic events are afoot.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Burn all of the Walmart's, all of the Mcdonalds, all of the Costco's (not before you loot them) This is perhaps our last chance, we must rise.

What this country needs is another "Boston Massacre" another event in which the police fire on un-armed citizens, we need a "Vendetta".

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I haven't watched the news today but did he head over to maybe be with the families of the lost Navy SEALs? I know there was to be no media there so we might not fully know if he was there or not. Just my guess.

Edit : Sorry I realized Caladonea had mentioned my exact observations! I didn't steal I swear!
edit on 9-8-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: because i didn't read all the posts before posting

edit on 9-8-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
OK...just taking guesses here.

Most likely: Nothing...or...worried about tanking the market like yesterday.
Maybe: Military action
Maybe: Major cyber hack that took touchy information
Unlikely (but hopeful): Decided to resign

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join