It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something's Up: The White House just announced that all public events have been cancelled today...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Something's Up!

The White House just announced that all public events have been cancelled today, including a much-publicized appearance by President Barack Obama at a company in Springfield, VA to highlight new fuel efficiency standards.

Obama has faced criticism over his slow response to the Standard and Poor's downgrade as well as the stock market plunge.

As the Fed meets today, there is some speculation that Obama is preparing an announcement on the economy — perhaps that he will call Congress back into session from its August recess to pass job-creation legislation.

Any guesses?

If I was feeling particularly jaded, I would wildly speculate that we were about to announce some 'necessary' military action somewhere in the world.

That's a templated approach that has been used before.

"QUICK! LOOK OVER THERE!!!"

edit on 9-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Guess 1: Emergency meeting on how to publicly dilute the England riots in the state run media, so they don't spread to the US.

Guess 2: Emergency meeting on what to do about the Turkey/Syria situation. After all, it appears corruption and thievery ties go way deep with Turkey- source: Sibel Edmonds.

Guess 3: With gold going so high, emergency meeting to buy as much of it as possible.

Guess 4: They realized that public meetings are costing too much money for little or no return, and cancelled them all. (
)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Any guesses?

Money saving, the tightening of the purse strings begins!

st.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the reason Sheets resigned yesterday!?!?

Knowing Obama he will start the day with 9 holes of golf, followed by a nice lunch w/ the fam, on us. He'll roll in 30 minutes late the news conference and pretend like everything is ooootayyy!

I'll be watching closely today that is for sure. Thanks for the heads up

link   
reply to post by loam

Pass "job-creation legislation" - I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and say that is to create jobs?
I'm not an American, I'm a newby, would you mind explaining? - He looked rather sad in that picture

However I agree, that does sound a tad dodgy.

Jamie.

link   
that poor president, he deserves better....like in the song.....from the 70's.....
he said he just inherited this mess....now he has the weight of the world....I'll sing now...Ppaaaatches....we're depending on ya son.....to get the fambly through.....!!!

+68 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
if there are riots in America I'd hope that my fellow countrymen have sense enough to NOT destroy their own communities and the communities of fellow, hard working citizens. Do not loot small business. Do not destroy your towns. That's utter stupidity and I hope that any American that engages in such ignorance is shot to death by other Americans...this is not England. We have guns here.

It does not matter, white, black, hispanic, asian, indian we need to protect each other from the common threat of those that run congress and pull this ass clown Obama's puppet strings. We do not need to destroy what we have.

If you wanna loot and burn down walmart, fine, but don't destroy mom and pop's corner store because you're pissed off

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Report: Obama To View Return Of Remains Of Americans Killed In Afghanistan Today

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

guess thats why.

need to pay his respects to seal team 6

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

MAJOR SOLAR FLARE: This morning at 0805 UT, sunspot 1263 produced a powerful X7-class solar flare. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory captured the explosion's extreme ultraviolet flash....

spaceweather.com...

I hope this isn't the reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Any guesses that may be martial law because of the London riots? Yuh, they don't just cancel public events throughout the USA for nothing. Maybe some terrorist attack, code red from space, or another country.

Thanks. I'll my doors locked today.

Dang, forgot to buy my Jager.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

that looks huge. Cool looking. I'll be out with my camera today and tonight.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Guesses?

I'm going with either some sort of military action (or threat of possible action), or the economic emergency unfolding. Something big, that seems for sure.

Very interesting stuff undoubtedly. Appreciate the info.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
Report: Obama To View Return Of Remains Of Americans Killed In Afghanistan Today

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

guess thats why.

need to pay his respects to seal team 6

Instead of viewing the remains, he needs to get those troops the hell out of there.

But he won't, because he does not give a damn about any of those boys and girls.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
it may have something to do with QE3.
maybe all this Elenin rubbish is true.
perhaps Obama is pulling a Nixon and is resigning because this economic crisis is too much for him to handle?
it could be a retaliation thing for the 31 SEALs chopper downing.
perhaps the Geithner is stepping down after all

who really knows what its all about.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
The article that you posted says he's going to Dover air force base aince the bodies of those who died in the helicopter attack are coming in.
Why do you think it's something other than that?
edit on 9-8-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Guess 1: Emergency meeting on how to publicly dilute the England riots in the state run media, so they don't spread to the US.

Guess 2: Emergency meeting on what to do about the Turkey/Syria situation. After all, it appears corruption and thievery ties go way deep with Turkey- source: Sibel Edmonds.

Guess 3: With gold going so high, emergency meeting to buy as much of it as possible.

Guess 4: They realized that public meetings are costing too much money for little or no return, and cancelled them all. (
)

Guess 5: Obama's got an 11 am Tee Time.

Why the cancellation of Carney's daily presser?? Carney=Obama's Caddy

They need more time to come up with the appropriate Daily Talking Points to counter the looming attacks and questions.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Could it have anything to do with what the Fed has to say today at 2:15pm EST?.

My bet is on this, and whatever reactions may come from it. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My guess is it's about iran. They are about to stop giving oil for USA..Link for the news

It has lead for wars before. we might start seeing sudden demonization of iran in the media soon.. Oh no, WMDs

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Bloomberg:

Fed QE 3 starts as early as today..

www.bloomberg.com...

Sentate to probe S&P downgrade:
www.cbsnews.com...

Yeah, the S&P was given faulty info from the White House in the hours leading up
to the downgrade.

While congressional offices were busy studying the report, an official from the rating firm Standard & Poor's quietly called to ask for details of the underlying projections.

Four days later, based in part on that discussion, the rating firm announced a decision to downgrade America's debt—an unprecedented event in U.S. history—a move that is as controversial as it is potentially damaging to financial markets.

The information S&P gathered that day led it to overestimate future deficits by $2 trillion, a fact the Obama administration has called a reckless mistake. That phone call wasn't the reason S&P cut America's debt rating. But it was part of a chain of events, including also a stock-market plunge and an emergency Oval Office meeting, which could have serious and lasting consequences for America's standing in the world, the Obama presidency and the reputation of S&P. online.wsj.com...

Someone is in hot water...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Well, according to the WT, here:

One day after the stock market took its biggest plunge since the 2008 financial crisis, President Obama on Tuesday canceled a previously scheduled speech at a local moving company, and the White House also pulled the plug on the daily press briefing.

Instead of traveling to Springfield, Va.-based Interstate Moving Services and making public remarks on fuel efficiency standards for work trucks, Mr. Obama will meet privately with industry officials at the White House this morning — and that meeting will be closed to the press, the White House announced in a scheduling update Tuesday morning.

In addition, a 12:30 briefing with press secretary Jay Carney has been canceled, the update said.

On Monday, the stock market suffered its worst blow since before the president took office, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average plummeting more than 630 points — losing more than 5 percent of its value and plunging below the 11,000 line. The turmoil came after ratings agency Standard & Poor’s late on Friday cut the country’s credit rating from AAA to AA-plus for the first time in U.S. history.

Mr. Obama addressed the downgrade in a brief speech Monday, but his remarks failed to calm the markets, which only continued their decline. In the address, he said S&P’s decision is a result of Washington gridlock and the lack of political will in the nation’s capital.

www.washingtontimes.com...

There may be nothing at all "up" other than the fact that this country is failing. But I fail to see how that is news at this point.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join